Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Aatrek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:siren:A tribute to our dear leader, the OP: :siren:

Moist Turtleneck - I Would Do Anything For Bubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PtkZ4i94o

I will be releasing one video a day highlighting the Hardcone Bone Krew members leading up to Destiny 2.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im the guy getting owned

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Oh and if you still need to apply to bone krew, do so soon. Still waiting on a few.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm starting to feel like the hype lmao

Why does Destiny always suck me in, it's not even that great for casual pve/solo cruciblers like me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ive never played a destiny before and I'm trying out this beta. i made a titan and the first time I used my super it was a cool dome shield but the rest of the times I used my super it turned me into captain america for a few seconds. I dont think i swapped any equipment out between these two events, am I just not understanding how supers work? this was in the tutorial if that matters

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I know no one really cares but my power just came back on, the water is receding, and it looks like I'm safe to play with you guys when it comes out. I can't wait. This was the most boring, stressful weekend of my life. I need to get lost in another world for a bit.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Countblanc posted:

ive never played a destiny before and I'm trying out this beta. i made a titan and the first time I used my super it was a cool dome shield but the rest of the times I used my super it turned me into captain america for a few seconds. I dont think i swapped any equipment out between these two events, am I just not understanding how supers work? this was in the tutorial if that matters

Titan defender super is different depending on if you press or hold the activation buttons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously that strike was loving breathtakingly fun

I am really excited for this game. thanks console buddies for all the explanation you gave me, and even to my bud AAB who ran through the strike with me

the strike actually felt pretty intense to me in certain parts and really pretty and relaxing in others. if raids are more intense than that then I'm excited

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

eonwe posted:

if raids are more intense than that then I'm excited

Raids are more intense in that there's way more stuff happening and it tends to be more complicated than just playing grabass with the boss while dodging minions. Every player will have a role that's unique to them and tells that only they are in a position to catch, so everyone's doing different stuff simultaneously and there's constant chatter on comms as info is shared and orders are given.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I can't wait to determine what the easiest role in each encounter is and yell dibs for it every time

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Daric posted:

I know no one really cares but my power just came back on, the water is receding, and it looks like I'm safe to play with you guys when it comes out. I can't wait. This was the most boring, stressful weekend of my life. I need to get lost in another world for a bit.

glad things are turning around and that you got through it safe, buddy

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

eonwe posted:

seriously that strike was loving breathtakingly fun

I am really excited for this game. thanks console buddies for all the explanation you gave me, and even to my bud AAB who ran through the strike with me

the strike actually felt pretty intense to me in certain parts and really pretty and relaxing in others. if raids are more intense than that then I'm excited

Oh man I really wish we could take you to see heroic Aksis

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Please no.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Aksis... is easy

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Aksis hard mode challenge is aids and I'm fine with never doing it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
again, AIDS is frickin good now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Oh man I really wish we could take you to see heroic Aksis

is it worth me watching a stream of?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

again, AIDS is frickin good now

paging ZDR

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

heroic aksis isnt that bad, heroic challenge is...........not good

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

literally the only thing i never did in destiny 1

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

eonwe posted:

just watching a stream is never as rewarding as breaking through the frustration of a raid's mechanics

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I did the Aksis challenge once and kind of wanted to die, it sucks. Heroic Aksis as is isn't too bad it's just making sure no one whiffs dunks and remembers to shoot those loving turrets.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

eonwe posted:

You know that street game where the guy puts a shell under a cup, and then rapidly shuffles up the 3 cups, and you have to correctly pick which cup it's under?

Basically that, and after you guess correctly three times in a row, you shoot a big spider robot while he wiggles!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i see

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You know that street game where the guy puts a shell under a cup, and then rapidly shuffles up the 3 cups, and you have to correctly pick which cup it's under?

Basically that, and after you guess correctly three times in a row, you shoot a big spider robot while he wiggles!

and on top of this one of the other cups has to run and press a button before the guess happens

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

It's also kind of a Reverse-Oscar Pistorius. We jump into the guy's bedroom in the middle of the night and try to kill him while he puts his prosthetic legs on.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope I'm not too much of a dumb to complete raids

on my first strike I did die vs the boss

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's also kind of a Reverse-Oscar Pistorius. We jump into the guy's bedroom in the middle of the night and try to kill him while he puts his prosthetic legs on.

lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

looking back on it we were pretty rude to Aksis I mean that dude was just trying to sleep and have a good time and we come in and gently caress him up for fun and prizes

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

on the real WOTM has some of my favorite aesthetics out of all the raids

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

eonwe posted:

I hope I'm not too much of a dumb to complete raids

on my first strike I did die vs the boss

Are there baby mode matchmaking raids this time? If not then lol once again I'll never raid.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

on the real WOTM has some of my favorite aesthetics out of all the raids

It's a really good fun raid but aksis challenge is like never getting pozzed after an intense night of bug chasing, you're gonna be really mad at your bros.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did all the raid challenges :smugdog: except the 2 minute deathsinger, rip

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Personally I still think VoG is the best of the raids.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

:siren:A tribute to our dear leader, the OP: :siren:

Moist Turtleneck - I Would Do Anything For Bubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PtkZ4i94o

I will be releasing one video a day highlighting the Hardcone Bone Krew members leading up to Destiny 2.

Yesssssssssssss

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Kilometers Davis posted:

Are there baby mode matchmaking raids this time? If not then lol once again I'll never raid.

I think there is gonna be but it's gonna be dumb and bad and you shouldn't do it

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah if the game has this I'll probably actually see the raids this time.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

haveblue posted:

Did all the raid challenges :smugdog: except the 2 minute deathsinger, rip

how, it's the loving easiest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There isn't a strike-stye push button get raid mode but there's "guided games" which is a sort of in-game LFG for the normal mode raid. The higher difficulty(ies?) still require you to assemble your own party.

Legs Benedict posted:

how, it's the loving easiest

I blame my teammates, except the ones reading this, they're cool, it was the other guys