Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gret posted:

A deserving end for an all time cheating bastard.

It's not speaking ill of the dead if he's not technically dead yet, right?

gently caress off, idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Damon Hill got into an F1 car for the first time aged 31 or something, his team boss (known murderer Frank Williams) didn't like him so he got number 2 treatment all the time, he STILL fought his way to be WDC even after cheating germans tried to stop it, proving that British drivers are the best and incidentally stopping the travesty that would have been Nico Rosberg getting his hands on a genuinely cool record of first son of a WDC to win a WDC. The man is a hero and you have to be a special kind of idiot for not rooting for him.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 29, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

Damon Hill got into an F1 car for the first time aged 31 or something, his team boss (known murderer Frank Williams) didn't like him so he got number 2 treatment all the time, he STILL fought his way to be WDC even after cheating germans tried to stop it, proving that British drivers are the best and incidentally stopping the travesty that would have been Nico Rosberg getting his hands on a genuinely cool record of first son of a WDC to win a WDC. The man is a hero and you have to be a special kind of idiot for not rooting for him.

How are you allowed to post from the mental institution?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Counterpoint: He was bad

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

gently caress, forgot to change mine. Lost a lot of points using the Hungary predictions.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

(known murderer Frank Williams)

Funny way of writing Tony Stewart.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Funny way of writing Collin Chapman

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Wirth1000 posted:

Funny way of writing Tony Stewart.

Tony (Montana) did nothing wrong.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

It's not often I agree with The Andrew Benson of the Worst Thread, but I'm with you on this one friendo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ilmucche posted:

Tony (Montana) did nothing wrong.

Just obscene amounts of coke. And banging his hot sister.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I just found a 1994 Ford Motorsport leaflet that had a signature on the back. For a moment I got excited and thought it might be Verstappen Snr and i could do some sort of ritualistic destruction to entertain this thread. But alas it's JJ Lehto who I had forgotten even existed.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bring back tony montana

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

bring back tony montana

We tried this already and it was really bad.

We'll never recapture that flash in a pan magic of discovering just how bad his opinions were.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Stormfront got shut down and the Daily Stormer ain't finding a new home anytime soon so Tony's bound to be back sooner than later.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

As a white supremacist and a fan of the Scud, what darkweb forum should I post on?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:chloe:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

wicka posted:

Whoa, that means Verstappen is dying. Awesome!

Unfortunately you don't start dying until you're somewhere around 25-30, so Verstappen is NOT dying (yet). Vettel and Hamilton however, both are.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

GramCracker posted:

Just obscene amounts of coke. And banging his hot sister.

You're saying this in agreement with me, right?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
U.K. Goons sky sports deal update.

Existing customers can now switch to Sky Q with unlimited high speed broadband at a reduced cost with the multi room deal, with no set up fee or box cost if you threaten to quit and you get 40% off packages. Makes sky sports £16 a month.

Use the exact words "vodaphone are offering me unlimited high speed broadband for £30 a month plus £75 in cash, why should I stay with you when my contract does run out?"

The sentence from the Sky customer service rep preceding that statement was "there are currently no offers available to as you are in contract" the sentence following that was "let me just have another look for you" and as if by magic the deal appeared.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 29, 2017

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

That's not uncommon among a lot of professional athletes.

Kimi in his first Ferrari stint going snowmobile racing is the one I remember

learnincurve posted:

U.K. Goons sky sports deal update.

Existing customers can now switch to Sky Q with unlimited high speed broadband at a reduced cost with the multi room deal, with no set up fee or box cost if you threaten to quit and you get 40% off packages. Makes sky sports £16 a month.

Use the exact words "vodaphone are offering me unlimited high speed broadband for £30 a month plus £75 in cash, why should I stay with you when my contract does run out?"

The sentence from the Sky customer service rep preceding that statement was "there are currently no offers available to as you are in contract" the sentence following that was "let me just have another look for you" and as if by magic the deal appeared.

Murdoch Snr must be due the sweet embrace of death by now

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 29, 2017

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

track day bro! posted:

PHWOARRRR WHAT A T-SHIRT OP

I haven't watched the race yet, but I will watch the minidrivers episode when it comes out. Here are my driver ratings for the race.

1 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes - ANOTHER WIN FOR THE CHEATING TEAM OF CHEATERS gently caress MERCEDES FIA NEEDS TO BAN THEM #cheaters #bad #badteam #fiaban 0/10
2 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari - WHAT A TOP TOP DRIVE FROM QUALI TO THE RACE ITS JUST A SHAME THAT MERCEDES CHEATEING COST SEBASTIAN VETTEL ANOTHER GLORIOUS WIN FOR THE SCUDERIA FERRARI TEAM THE HEART OF F1 999999999999999999999999/10
3 3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - gently caress THIS GUY A BAD DRIVER WHO DRIVERS FOR A BAD TEAM, ILL GIVE HIM A POINT FOR NOT BEING A DISGUSTING BOGAN HICK AND NOT MANAGING TO DRINK OUT OF A SHOE FOR ONCE 1/10
4 7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari - UNFAIRLY CHEATED BY THE FIA DUE TO THEIR ANTI-FERRARI BIAS BWOAH/10
5 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes - Was a race driver who qualified for the race and finished the race doing all the laps 4/10
6 27 Nico Hulkenberg Renault - obviously sabotaged his superior teammates car 3/10
7 8 Romain Grosjean Haas Ferrari - another solid points finish for the big gross man and (probably) didn't manage to cry on the radio during the race 7/10
8 19 Felipe Massa Williams Mercedes - heres what I have to say about Massa. FailPeePee Asssa
9 31 Esteban Ocon Force India Mercedes - Ocon't believe he managed to finish in the points after his mexican teammate tried to kill him 8/10
10 55 Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso - hola mi nombre es Carlos Sains Jr. Estoy un piloto de Formula 1 7/10
11 18 Lance Stroll Williams Mercedes - Wow what a drive from the Canadian Powerhouse Lance Stroll very unlucky not to get into the points this time 9/10
12 26 Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso - GOD I DONT CARE
13 30 Jolyon Palmer Renault - Had his car obviously sabotaged by his inferior teammate and died 10/10
14 2 Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren Honda - apparently this was his home gp, I think he's lying because he's not Dutch at all 5/10
15 20 Kevin Magnussen Haas Ferrari - If you think I can even think of something funny to say about this guy you're wrong but get this. Keven Fagnussen (I'm sorry mods) 5 just 5/10
16 9 Marcus Ericsson Sauber Ferrari - So bland I can't think of a rivals dot com pun for this guy
17 11 Sergio Perez Force India Mercedes - Pros, tried to kill his teammate. Cons, tried to kill his teammate. In conclusion, Sergio Perez is a land of contrasts 5/10
NC 14 Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda - RIP, PRESS F TO PAY RESEPECTS 10/10
NC 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - CHEATED AGAIN BY HIS TEAM AT HIS HOME GP IN HOLLAND INFRONT OF ALL HIS FANS 10/10
NC 94 Pascal Wehrlein Sauber Ferrari - i can't even make a rivals dot com pun out of this guys name. he finished last place god I don't give a poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Best post in this thread for months.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Pooass Shamilturd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

This is a good post. Damon was far better than he is given credit for.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

serious gaylord posted:

Anybody that rates Palmer a 10/10 is wrong, sorry

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Any post that get probated is usually good.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait track day bro got probated? thats loving lame

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
#jesuisidiotrace

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everyone loves Big Jolly Jo Palmer.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This thread needs a FYAD-lite so we can simultaneously enjoy the erudite conversation about F1 and also have a place for posting talent to shine and new rivals.com puns to be generated.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

julian assflange posted:

This thread needs a FYAD-lite so we can simultaneously enjoy the erudite conversation about F1 and also have a place for posting talent to shine and new rivals.com puns to be generated.

Given the current state of PWM, I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Let's merge this thread, PWM, and the cricket thread.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Let's bully the Sumo thread because they're real nerds in there.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the rivals.com rule its a SHAM!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 30, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Let's bully the Sumo thread because they're real nerds in there.

They should appreciate our recent love of J-Jazz and the '80s Salaryman Dream.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

wait track day bro got probated? thats loving lame

Pfft, whilst his posts are entertaining (see above example), hating Are Dan should be grounds for probation.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The shoey is the worst thing to happen in Formula 1 since the whatever era of engine we are now

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shoeys are good.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Shoeys are good.

gently caress off.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SHOEYS ARE GOOD!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Shoeys are good... for a clown at the circus that is...

• Locked thread