Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Meat Dimension posted:

*looks at XIM* I wonder what the trials economy will be like on PC.

im gonna have fun no matter what based on what ive played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously I've been itching to get home today to play that one strike again and it bums me out that im gonna have to wait so long after console release to play again!!!!!!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

eonwe posted:

you seem pretty chill and cool and like to have fun though so I don't know about that! I'd play with you

nah, I lose my cool often. I know what to do, but my blood runs hot in the worst moment.

I double down on my original words: the chill raids are the ones that succeed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i will probably try to do the raids this time despite being bad at video games

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

eonwe posted:

im gonna have fun no matter what based on what ive played

Same :hf:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

texaholic posted:

That is great to hear. Did you get water inside? Cypress creek was crazy earlier today, looked like the mississippi when I drove over it on 249.

I still want that fuckin' ship.

Luckily no, water got halfway to the yard in the front but the back floods really bad so we had 3 sump pumps going constantly since Saturday night. We have a generator so when the power went out yesterday we hooked them up to that. Those saved us I think. We would have definitely taken on water without them.

My girlfriend's apartment had water in it but it actually came up through floor so there's a different issue there. She's coming home tomorrow though so we'll have to deal with it then.

What about you? You get out ok?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Tei posted:

the raids that succeed are the chill ones .

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/902606191984914433

gently caress ya

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Without cross platform saves, who gives a poo poo.

Play where your bros hang.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

I have absolutely zero interest in anything regarding voice chat + voice based cooperation/teamwork. I appreciate the acceptance though, really!

All the matchmaking/guided games component is going to save you from is the tiny amount of communication you would have to suffer to find a group. Said group is still going to expect you to not refuse to play the game as intended.

I mean, maybe there will be a No Mic checkbox but in that case you'd likely still do better going to the100 and assembling a group that wants to play with someone with hearing impaired criteria.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

God help you if you're on console and trying to send messages during the raid with the controller or even the psn message app

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

cvnvcnv posted:

All the matchmaking/guided games component is going to save you from is the tiny amount of communication you would have to suffer to find a group. Said group is still going to expect you to not refuse to play the game as intended.

I mean, maybe there will be a No Mic checkbox but in that case you'd likely still do better going to the100 and assembling a group that wants to play with someone with hearing impaired criteria.

Assuming the difficulty is tuned it shouldn't be an issue not communicating as long as I understand how to move around and shoot semi competently.

The last thing you mentioned seems like an awesome idea though, I would love to play with people who might not have the ability to get with the easier to find groups.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

God help you if you're on console and trying to send messages during the raid with the controller or even the psn message app

:thunk:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Voice chat exists though?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

some people just don't want to be on the mic with strangers

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's kinda retarded that they have autoaim for controllers on PC anyway. Turn that poo poo off bungo. If people want to handicap themselves then let them but don't coddle the idiots.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Overwatch beta had the exact same XIM issue at launch and it got fixed, so I can't imagine it will be an issue here.

Fenrax
Oct 9, 2012

fadam posted:

The Overwatch beta had the exact same XIM issue at launch and it got fixed, so I can't imagine it will be an issue here.

Yeah it got fixed by removing aim assist altogether, which I don't think bungie will ever do.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't see why they wouldn't. The two guys who like to play PC shooters with controllers might be annoyed, but I see zero downside.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie literally invented aim assist on controllers. It's their secret sauce.

Yeah they could remove it, not sure why they would want to. If it turns the competitive scene into a shitshow, who gives a poo poo. Competitive players are dumb.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

xzzy posted:

Bungie literally invented aim assist on controllers. It's their secret sauce.

Yeah they could remove it, not sure why they would want to. If it turns the competitive scene into a shitshow, who gives a poo poo. Competitive players are dumb.

Yea aim assisting controllers is literally what built bungee's brand, it'd be a major change if they turned it off.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

I'll offer you a good deal on a poooM Enterprises LLC franchise opportunity for carrying folks on pc!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It was their secret sauce for console games. I don't see why they wouldn't just remove it from the PC version, especially considering all the work they've done to make it awesome so far.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Derp derp yeah for consoles. When was the last time they had a major PC port? Halo CE? They should know better for their audience.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Zipperelli. posted:

I think most of us PS goons bonded over our collective eye rolling about Jackson. Sorry buddy, lol

I always liked playing with him :unsmith:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

^^ :unsmith:

Zipperelli. posted:

I think most of us PS goons bonded over our collective eye rolling about Jackson. Sorry buddy, lol

lol

I hope people will raid with me in destiny 2 :/

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

poo poo sticks together. I'll raid with everybody.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

DrNutt posted:

I don't see why they wouldn't. The two guys who like to play PC shooters with controllers might be annoyed, but I see zero downside.

Go check out the Twitter feeds of the destiny "pros" / streamers they are scared of AA being removed and are eating their own over this debate.

These are the same babies who cried on Reddit non stop and got everything nerfed into the poo poo show year 3 meta we ended with.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Some Zero posted:

Go check out the Twitter feeds of the destiny "pros" / streamers they are scared of AA being removed and are eating their own over this debate.

These are the same babies who cried on Reddit non stop and got everything nerfed into the poo poo show year 3 meta we ended with.

Gross. That's probably the worst thing about Bungie atm, catering to these loving crybaby tards.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

I hope people will raid with me in destiny 2 :/

Jackson is rad to play with provided

A) you don't suck
B) being told you're sucking atm doesn't shatter your ego
C) you don't get sanctimonious about poo poo.

:shrug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cvnvcnv posted:

Jackson is rad to play with provided

A) you don't suck
B) being told you're sucking atm doesn't shatter your ego
C) you don't get sanctimonious about poo poo.

:shrug:

I do worse if Im told I'm sucking because im self conscious about it, so it probably wouldn't be for me

well, I guess it depends in the manner

if its constructive its usually fine as long as it doesn't contradict what they told me 5 minutes ago, which a lot of goons are guilty of

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
It takes 1 second to hook up a XIM to a pc btw.

I'm sure there will be a wall hack aim bot created on day 2 so its not a big deal.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I raided with goons back in the day and it was cool and chill, until someone got really caremad and started telling people they sucked and poo poo like that.

It isn't fun to raid with someone growling down their headset at you and getting mad at the other 5 people. Luckily the other times I raided it was fine.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

DrNutt posted:

It's kinda retarded that they have autoaim for controllers on PC anyway. Turn that poo poo off bungo. If people want to handicap themselves then let them but don't coddle the idiots.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

It takes 1 second to hook up a XIM to a pc btw.

I'm sure there will be a wall hack aim bot created on day 2 so its not a big deal.

It took me way longer than it probably should have, but I had to go buy a wired Xbox 360 controller to get it to work in game. I could see the inputs showing in XIM manager when I had the PS4 controller plugged in, but it didn't work at all when I launched the game.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

It took me way longer than it probably should have, but I had to go buy a wired Xbox 360 controller to get it to work in game. I could see the inputs showing in XIM manager when I had the PS4 controller plugged in, but it didn't work at all when I launched the game.

A Belkin easy transfer cable and SandhawC software makes it even easier.

Or so I hear.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Id love if they removed AA from console too :getin:

Lets see how good these streamer fucks using their max range 'shoot you in the foot get a head shot' hand canons are now.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Nah they should just ban xim

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You a good person but lol the farm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009