Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I want to drum up support for my thing. I know, I'll hitch my cart to a thing that's synonymous with known misogynist and lovely person Steve Harvey, that'll do nicely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/theturner/status/902597925888434178

M.McFly
Oct 23, 2008
I just want to share with you guys the most Victoria question i've ever come across:

quote:

I am researching into the quality of Vic West water so I can figure out how often I will need to change charcoal filters in my cat's fountain. I can find lots of data on PH and bacteria and cloudyness but not much on mineral content. I know there is copper from the blue stains in my bathroom sink but not how much and if there is other minerals as well. Water quality affects how long fountain filters are good for and I am trying to figure out if it is 3, 4, or 5 weeks that they would be good for. Figure it's worth a shot asking before going the trial and error route.

This is peak BC.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Never tasted Victoria water, but Vancouver tap water tastes like rear end. My Vancouver relatives think Toronto tap water tastes like rear end.

Who is right?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Jimbozig posted:

Never tasted Victoria water, but Vancouver tap water tastes like rear end. My Vancouver relatives think Toronto tap water tastes like rear end.

Who is right?

Y'all have pretty discerning tastes for a bunch of people who're familiar with the taste of rear end.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Having a weak sense of smell and great eyesight is an excellent way to spend time downtown in the morning rush.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jimbozig posted:

Vancouver tap water tastes like as

what

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jimbozig posted:

Who is right?

Vancouver and Victoria get their tap water from rain and meltwater fed reservoirs high in the nearby mountains. Toronto gets its tap water from Lake Ontario, where it also dumps its sewage. Which do you think is going to taste like rear end?

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 29, 2017

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
well water supremacy

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
So after smashing a park loving sesh you can rinse out your mouf with a swig of rear end water before hitting the keg

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

how pitiably tepid is your sex life if u don't eat rear end

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Jimbozig posted:

Who is right?

Depends how much you like the taste of chalk. Also instant soap scum and having to use twice as much shampoo each time.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

that place was up for sale for over 3 weeks

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Nothing says I luv u like a nice case of diarrhea after some vigorous rear end eating mmmm.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste faggots posted:

Nothing says I luv u like a nice case of diarrhea before some vigorous rear end eating mmmm.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

squares detected

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Yes my house sales are firm, thank you for asking

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
it was also underpriced by 300k

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Jimbozig posted:

Never tasted Victoria water, but Vancouver tap water tastes like rear end.

:confused: It's pretty widely regarded as some of the best water in the world...

You got something funky going on in your pipes?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Butcher posted:

:confused: It's pretty widely regarded as some of the best water in the world...

You got something funky going on in your pipes?

Well, he's a Green so he probably tried to dig his own well or something.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

McGavin posted:

Vancouver and Victoria get their tap water from rain and meltwater fed reservoirs high in the nearby mountains. Toronto gets its tap water from Lake Ontario, where it also dumps its sewage. Which do you think is going to taste like rear end?

Haha absolutely this, anyone who thinks Vancouver water tastes bad is objectively an idiot.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I've noticed a pretty substantial difference between Vancouver water and Burnaby water. Like, the entire time I lived near Deer Lake, I avoided drinking the tap water because it tasted like garbage.

I feel like maybe visitors from out of town might actually be in the suburbs, and be totally right about the rear end water?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ante posted:

I've noticed a pretty substantial difference between Vancouver water and Burnaby water. Like, the entire time I lived near Deer Lake, I avoided drinking the tap water because it tasted like garbage.

I feel like maybe visitors from out of town might actually be in the suburbs, and be totally right about the rear end water?

It's the same water.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ante posted:

Yeah, it's mostly the same water, Burnaby is the same as Vancouver, so you just had lovely pipes. I believe White Rock is separate and uses wells, I'm not sure if any other communities are like that.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Victoria and Vancouver water is tasty, if it tastes like rear end that's your pipes or some poo poo.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Guys facts don't matter because what matters is what I think

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
never drink tap water it gives you cancer, lowers your IQ and turns you gay

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

never drink tap water it gives you cancer, lowers your IQ and makes you gay

Even for you this is a bit much

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Trapick posted:

If it tastes like rear end that's some poo poo.

Good thread title material right here.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
its a bit hyperbolic but its technically all true

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

actually it's about par for the course for ssb

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

its a bit hyperbolic but its technically all true

lol

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Don't know of mineral content is an indicator of quality but Vancouver water has one of the lowest trace element amounts measured, when it can even be measured. Most of the time those "water hardness" test strips don't even react.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I grew up in Mission and the water still tasted exactly like Vancouver water.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vancouver doesn't put Fluoride in the water.

Scaramouche posted:

Don't know of mineral content is an indicator of quality but Vancouver water has one of the lowest trace element amounts measured, when it can even be measured. Most of the time those "water hardness" test strips don't even react.

This is the major reason why Vancouver water tastes different from Toronto water. Well, that and the lack of agricultural runoff and recycled feces.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 30, 2017

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

CLAM DOWN posted:

it goes perfectly with his av though

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

McGavin posted:

This is the major reason why Vancouver water tastes different from Toronto water. Well, that and the lack of agricultural runoff and recycled feces.
I know that this is the reason. People like the water they are used to. I just wanted to start poo poo. I know from my family that Vancouverites have strong opinions about their tap water.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Lol gently caress off Mr birthing pool

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

McGavin posted:

Vancouver doesn't put Fluoride in the water.

yeah and it's stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Eej posted:

yeah and it's stupid

I'd read they didn't need to as there's a level of fluoridation that occurs naturally from the rocks.