Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Heavyweights don't use magical energy to shoot laser beams.

Ki isn't "magic". It comes from training body and spirit as in the Turtle method (learn, sleep, eat etc.). Cardio, resistance training, plenty of milk.

If they did they still wouldn't get beaten by Connor Mcgregor doing the same.

Goku at 190lbs > Goku at 100lbs = Goku at 300lbs (adjust for local gravity)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Neo_Crimson posted:

You joke, but DBZ has inspired a whole generation of bodybuilders.

Bodybuilders are huge DBZ fans. It's kind of hilarious.Just something about their forum members going "guys, I've been pumping 300, injecting protein into my dick daily, and crushing walnuts with my rear end to get my gluts in order: do I look like Goku yet or at least Vegta, selfie included" is hilarious to me. I guess i normally expect that kind of behavior from fat goons with noodle arms and not guys who can lift 600 lbs with their erections.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"noodle arms"

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

People like to complain about the U6 Saiyans as if they were the only character designs in super, and not obviously intentionally done as a contrast to the U7 Saiyans.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Augus posted:

"noodle arms"

Cabba and the u6 saiyans are the noodle armiest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Ki isn't "magic". It comes from training body and spirit as in the Turtle method (learn, sleep, eat etc.). Cardio, resistance training, plenty of milk.

If they did they still wouldn't get beaten by Connor Mcgregor doing the same.

Goku at 190lbs > Goku at 100lbs = Goku at 300lbs (adjust for local gravity)

Truly the glowing space energy that lets you teleport, create ghosts, break through dimensions and turn people into stone is not magic.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

Bodybuilders are huge DBZ fans. It's kind of hilarious.Just something about their forum members going "guys, I've been pumping 300, injecting protein into my dick daily, and crushing walnuts with my rear end to get my gluts in order: do I look like Goku yet or at least Vegta, selfie included" is hilarious to me. I guess i normally expect that kind of behavior from fat goons with noodle arms and not guys who can lift 600 lbs with their erections.

These caricatures of bodybuilders you've imagined to laugh at didn't pay close attention to the show.

Unless I missed a walnut-cracking episode of Z?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Truly the glowing space energy that lets you teleport, create ghosts, break through dimensions and turn people into stone is not magic.

Babidi was a wizard. There are some grey areas.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The reason Vegeta never surpassed Goku was that he never rested. Dude needs to learn about rest days.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the ideal male body

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

seiferguy posted:

The reason Vegeta never surpassed Goku was that he never rested. Dude needs to learn about rest days.

The guy had no right to accomplish what he has. He wasn't the son of the Legendary Super Saiyan like Goku. 5' and change. Receding hairline when he was born.

Through sheer grit and determination and a willingness to learn and adapt, he ended up marrying the richest woman on Earth. Respect he's still a terrible person and a Bad Dad, though

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

sassassin posted:

You should be comparing them to like, Goten and Trunks, not Goku and Vegeta.

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

sassassin posted:

Have you not watched all the Tournament of Power episodes yet? Kale is insanely ripped (like Broly) when she powers up, and even tanks Blue Goku's Kamehameha.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Momomo posted:

You should be comparing them to like, Goten and Trunks, not Goku and Vegeta.

They're not competing in a tournament against Goten and Trunks. They're presented as semi-serious fighters.

I was never a massive fan of super ripped Saiyan kids in Z tbh. 11 year old Gohan goes scuba diving and he's loving jacked. It's a bit weird.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is there any mention of the U6 Saiyans age? I mean, they're Saiyans, could be anything between 15 and 150

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

rippling muscles and power-up screams and giant monsters are a man's romance. cabba is not

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sassassin posted:

These caricatures of bodybuilders you've imagined to laugh at didn't pay close attention to the show.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Covok posted:

body dysmorphia is no joke

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Like, parallel to the whole 'needs more swole' thing, one of the most recurring things in Dragonball is that strength and appearance are rarely straightforward. Kid Goku was just a tiny kid. Krillin, Vegeta, Kid Buu and Final form Frieza are all comparatively tiny compared to other characters, and in Vegeta and Frieza's case that's especially pronounced when measured against their underlings. Gohan's an awkward 10 year old when he was most overpowered, Master Roshi is a fragile looking old man most of the time, Majin Buu is a fat gently caress, 17 and 18 are lithe looking teens, 19 and gero are a fat doll and old geezer respectively.

Jeez, when Mr Satan was introduced he was one of the buffest, tallest people in the series till that point.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 29, 2017

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I legit started working out because I was watching DBZ kai and thought "gently caress I wanna look like Goku."

Went from a 120 pound twink to a 180 pound somewhat muscular man thanks to Dbz.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 29, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Monaghan posted:

I legit started working out because I was watching DBZ kai and thought "gently caress I wanna look like Goku."

Went from a 120 pound twink to a 180 pound somewhat muscular man thanks to Dbz.

You went from a young gay man to a muscly bear man because of Goku? Not bad.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

rippling muscles and power-up screams and giant monsters are a man's romance. cabba is not

Cabba's design is good, yeah.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Cabbas design is my least favorite in super. Hit is probably next, his jacket is like way too static and it bugs me

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I forget, are they good wrestlers or just for their gimmicks? They usually do a rather large skit before they get into the ring that I've forgotten if they're good or not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

Cabba's design is good, yeah.

Cabba is the worst looking non throwaway character to come out during super

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kashuno posted:

Cabba is the worst looking non throwaway character to come out during super

Nah that's all Yamcha's new outfit. Cabba is cool and he and the other teen saiyin's being gangly is fitting and helps separate them from literally every other saiyin we've seen being muscular as gently caress or that one fat guy who still had super buff arms and legs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Renso (Caulifla's brother) was pretty buff.

So it's probably just an age thing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Forget the noodle people complaints for a second. That is the least spiky looking Saiyan I've seen, and that makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I'm pretty sure the U6 Saiyan squad are supposed to be teens/preteens. Their design makes perfect sense and is well done for that age range - a bit lanky and awkward with still semi-childlike proportions.

Compare that to the U7 Saiyans where every single one not named Gohan just randomly explodes from young child to fully-grown somewhere in their teens. The real out-of-universe explanation is they were never given proper teen designs but in universe, Saiyan puberty must be terrifying to go through.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, to be fair, we don't know what Goku looked like when he was significantly younger than 11, outside of his baby years.

Gohan just actually trained, compared to Goten and Trunks who are pretty much just playing around, so he got serious muscle mass compared to them and ONLY hit 11 at the end of the Cell Saga. When we see him next, he's transformed into an adult.

For all we know, Gohan looked basically like that for the following 5 years

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Bee posted:

Forget the noodle people complaints for a second. That is the least spiky looking Saiyan I've seen, and that makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Nappa.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebRhB62JSeU

DBZA is on hiatus.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tbp posted:

Cabbas design is my least favorite in super. Hit is probably next, his jacket is like way too static and it bugs me

Most of U6 looks dumb, yeah. Caulifaa and Kale are good designs, but Cabba, Hit, and Frost look dumb and uninspired.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Wow :( That sucks, RIP. I wonder if Toei sent them a serious C&D or something because shortly before this they had their final "Two Saiyans" LP too (a LP where they played "in character" as dbz characters with their voices). They seem to be moving away from Dragonball content in general.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder what the language of the C&D was. I mean, the way I see it you can only profit off of another company's work for so long before they have to get mean with you. The character LPs, themed shirts, a lot of the merch relied on it being DBZ stuff, and so I'm not really surprised things have gotten harder for them to navigate through.

I'm no lawyer though, so feel free to ignore me!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how much patreon money they'll lose due to the hiatus

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They've said they're planning to come back to DBZA which I don't think they'd be doing if it was a C&D.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

They said it was personal reasons. if it was C&D or something similar I think they wouldn't have called it personal.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kild posted:

They said it was personal reasons. if it was C&D or something similar I think they wouldn't have called it personal.

On the other hand, if Toei decided to take legal action beyond a C&D, then TFS would be under a NDA and can't disclose the real reason.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are also expanding rapidly into other things which probably has eaten up a lot of time