Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Deakul posted:

How'd you swing that?

when amazon first put up the sales page they hosed up the pricing and had it at 10$. just happened to purchase it before they fixed it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So that rescue mission that has you only have 3 soldiers? Don't kill everything like usual, it's a super stealth mission. Learned that harsh lesson when I kept killing and reinforcements literally came every turn. Oops.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
IS there a way to knock down Chosen's knowledge? I like having them around but not if they can sabotage me real bad. :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bogart posted:

IS there a way to knock down Chosen's knowledge? I like having them around but not if they can sabotage me real bad. :(

When they max out they launch a base assault and then lose about half.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Whyyyyyyy the gently caress did they gently caress with the controller controls again

Why Right trigger isn't automatically linked to the action submenu is beyond me. It works perfectly for exactly that purpose

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 30, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao so don't use slash on purifiers.

Especially don't next to trucks. Rip Harshada.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Deuce posted:

Downloading game.

Is game good?

So far, yes very

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
How much harder is the difficulty above normal? I beat the xcom2 normal fairly easily last year but havent played since.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm reading that the tutorial was supposed to be expanded and pretty different, but up to when it crashed forever on me the only difference was the opening cutscene. Was it referring to Lost and Abandoned?

I'm the guy who cares about the narrative. :(

Lost and abandoned is an extended tutorial that shows up after the normal one, after the first normal mission you get

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Tae posted:

So that rescue mission that has you only have 3 soldiers? Don't kill everything like usual, it's a super stealth mission. Learned that harsh lesson when I kept killing and reinforcements literally came every turn. Oops.

Additionally, the moment you pick up the rescue target, you will instantly be revealed. I did not know that and I didn't pay attention I guess so suddenly after my "perfect" stealth I was under the gun of all the stuff I snuck past.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"uhhhh just pretend you can't see it"

Chosen showed up on a rescue mission and decided to camp the VIP. Presumably this was supposed to be an ambush but the VIP revealed her position so I knew exactly where she was. Not very smart on her part. Of course when I engaged her she summoned an advent trooper. No big deal, except unlike her the trooper did not ignore the VIP and shot her in the face. VIP lived with 1 HP. That's not very fair! :regd09:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does it feel like you're doing way more in a month? I'm like almost done with march, and I felt like I did like a dozen missions and have 20 promoted units.

vosk
Jul 28, 2005

THE PRODIGOON SON

pedro0930 posted:

How do you deal with the assassin? She has massive move range and I feel the only way I can kill her without taking tons of damage is when she does something dumb like using her grenade. Maybe I should just clump up my troops so she'll do it more often?

If she keep using her standard melee attack I am toast. I was also surprised that stun grenade doesn't work on her (or the lost).

I set up shop on top of a building, then she came up and stabbed somebody. A grenade + claymore mine dropped her through the floor, where I was able to finish her off.

edit: related to this, if you have someone standing at the top of the pathable ladders/pipes, lost can't come up to get you. I used a lot of explosives on the chosen and had a very large crowd gathered around my building. :c

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Does EU aim rolls work or did they fix the retarded always crit dudes in full cover poo poo in wotc?

Also curious about this, if they've tweaked crits into a second roll

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Is it possible to cheese promotions for your soldiers by just racking up stupid numbers of lost kills?

vosk
Jul 28, 2005

THE PRODIGOON SON

Ersatz posted:

Is it possible to cheese promotions for your soldiers by just racking up stupid numbers of lost kills?

Seems like it, at least to some degree. You can definitely get promotions from lost kills, but I'm not sure if there's some level of diminishing returns on the infinite spawning maps.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Amusingly, one of the weaknesses the Chosen can get is more grenade damage, along with the resistance weakness, so one grenade can send them running, it's a shame I wasn't on the mission that let me kill her.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holy poo poo that's a lot of new mechanics to throw at me in the course of two minutes.

vosk posted:

Seems like it, at least to some degree. You can definitely get promotions from lost kills, but I'm not sure if there's some level of diminishing returns on the infinite spawning maps.

There doesn't seem to be but my guys were pretty fatigued/shaken by the end of the mission.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Between the soldier bonding feature and the propaganda booth my headcanon of my XCOM experience has gone from Punisher War Journal to LGBT Fanfic. And I like it!

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Ersatz posted:

It used to be that you could only earn one promotion per mission per soldier. This might have changed in WotC, but I doubt it.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

quote is not edit, I am dumb

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

[quote="Helion" post=":lol: The restiance radio broadcasts!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My only complaint so far is that the cut-scenes in the intro mission were laggy sometimes. Actual game itself seem to run perfectly though?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RBA Starblade posted:

lmao so don't use slash on purifiers.

Especially don't next to trucks. Rip Harshada.

Mild spoiler:
Also be careful with the Warlock's Spectral Zombies. Fucker sat in the back of the Blacksite and would spawn a pair every 2-3 turns. Every time he's set one to Rupture which makes it go off like a bomb when it dies.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

WTF, plain vanilla XCOM2 is fine, WotC is all hosed up :\

Sure, they may be horrible mutants, but at least their eyebrows are the right color.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

lmao

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Are the posters stored as jpgs or whatever somewhere? Wanna turn some into backgrounds.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Dongattack posted:

Are the posters stored as jpgs or whatever somewhere? Wanna turn some into backgrounds.

Look in the subfolders of Documents\My Games\XCOM2 War of the Chosen\XComGame\Photobooth - they're stored there as PNGs, separated by campaign.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Almost got a VIP extraction in the bag only for my beat-up Templar to get loving Panicked by a Sectoid. At which point he runs into the gas station and drops a grenade at his feet, putting him in Sustain. Except he's on a burning tile because just blue up a gas station so he's instantly on fire. So the moment he revives he dies (well...he does have a turn to basically rip a Lancer's throat out with his dying breath :black101:) At which point his girlfriend berserks and I can't extract her either.

I did have a Support that could have healed him, but he also had to be extracted because he got stun-lanced. At least I got the VIP, the Support (who somehow got promoted for spending 75% of the mission unconscious) and the Templar's corpse out, I'll have to rescue his widow at some point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My sniper rolled shredder. My sniper also has terrible AP generation. Guess the following missions are all going to start with Revolver Ocelot hugging Snow White so she can shoot things better.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Just started a WotC campaign. What is this new lightning meter on each guy that isn't explained by the game at all?

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Also game is good, expansion is good, poo poo owns.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so this happened, although i have put off eating dinner for too long and need to take a break before i can find out exactly what the end result of this is gonna be

edit: i guess this is technically very mild spoilers on a thing the chosen can do?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/859480516047914337/5B0381B95FA59FC4F70F8BC52D5B7F393B7E882C/

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Did they buff Advent MECs? I swear micro missiles used to do 1-2 damage, not 3-4.

Also what do Purifiers even do other than act as gas tanks on legs, which is possibly the dumbest thing Advent could of made?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Expansion owns.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

so this happened, although i have put off eating dinner for too long and need to take a break before i can find out exactly what the end result of this is gonna be

edit: i guess this is technically very mild spoilers on a thing the chosen can do?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/859480516047914337/5B0381B95FA59FC4F70F8BC52D5B7F393B7E882C/

there's a new continent bonus where you can randomly start a mission with an advent soldier, and this guy was perfect dumbass scouting guy. instead of getting to stun lance the hunter, though, he got tranq'd and kidnapped, which seemed fine except the game is talking about how he might get interrogated (oh no!) and how we'll have to try some covert missions to find him and get him back.

so do you think i am gonna get to keep this stun lancer?

edit: nice thumbnail firaxis https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/859480516047914205/08FCF5D8F00B31EA7057F035798B92CAAA52211E/

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the Expansion good vanilla, or are there any must have mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

rabidsquid posted:

:allears: Please tell me it will let you recruit him when you do the rescue.