Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

thechalkoutline posted:

Also if you're consistently completing them it kinda snowballs because people learn to do you rifts, mine go 100% if I pop them; I can clear out a friends spot for you if you want

That'd be awesome, thanks! My in-game name's the same.

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

Also looking for new friends since I just cleared out some inactives. IGN is SApropgun.

I sent you a friend request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jjef
Jul 25, 2008

thechalkoutline posted:

Cleared you a spot, add Grummun; just let me know your name if it isn't jjef

Thanks, I just sent you a friend request. My IGN is denki boy.

Edit:

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

Also looking for new friends since I just cleared out some inactives. IGN is SApropgun.

Sent you a request too!

OperatorAndroid
Oct 22, 2008
I've got enough crystals for one more costume before the sale ends. Are there any must have costumes I should grab or just save the crystals? Only two I've got right now are Sharon's and Loki's and. Dr strange's costume looks good but I am a long way from finishing his quest. Others I was thinking of were Spider-Man, Elsa, or maybe antivenom just because I am a venom fan but if he's garbage I'll hold off. Thanks

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Anti-venom really turns around an otherwise lackluster character.

Edit: I guess you can say the same for hobo-man.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Let me know if you clear out another spot. I cleaned up my list a bit.

Always room for goons, I presumed you were MarcusSA and added you

jjef posted:

Thanks, I just sent you a friend request. My IGN is denki boy.

plainswalker75 posted:

I sent you a friend request.

Accepted!

OperatorAndroid posted:

I've got enough crystals for one more costume before the sale ends. Are there any must have costumes I should grab or just save the crystals? Only two I've got right now are Sharon's and Loki's and. Dr strange's costume looks good but I am a long way from finishing his quest. Others I was thinking of were Spider-Man, Elsa, or maybe antivenom just because I am a venom fan but if he's garbage I'll hold off. Thanks

Second The Dave's comments, I'd probably do Hobo Iron First or Anti-Venom, slight edge to The Fist

There are plenty of other good costumes but if you have so few, those are the 'large advancement' bang for the buck ones

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Uniform sales happen all the time too so if you're not close to having a character maxed out you can wait.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Always room for goons, I presumed you were MarcusSA and added you

I am and thanks!

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Just sort of came back to this game after some bullshit involving SWGOH. Started a new account, though since the newbie rewards are pretty loving nice?
Whaled a bit plus used Stark Stash to get Swagneto. Any Alliances got open spots? Also can I get a discord link?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
Who wants to take over goonlactus?

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
What is the best way to farm XP and gold? I have a couple characters stuck in the mid-to-high 50s and their XP bars are barely moving :( My gold situation is just as bad.

Any hints?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get most of my gold from the Co-Op missions. 2-4 million a day. You get more based on how many characters you have at 4 stars, level 50 so I made it my priority to get my entire roster there. Do at least one World Boss Invasion a day so you get the weekly prizes and you can make some gold that way if you play enough of those. Shadowland and Alliance Conquest can help if you can play those. And pick the Gold Daily Missions and you can get 1-2 million a day there.

XP I think the best way is Special Missions but awhile ago I just started buying XP chips from the store, have like 5000 of those stocked up, and just use them and buy some more after I get down a bit. But with your gold crunch that's probably not a great option right now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Just sort of came back to this game after some bullshit involving SWGOH. Started a new account, though since the newbie rewards are pretty loving nice?
Whaled a bit plus used Stark Stash to get Swagneto. Any Alliances got open spots? Also can I get a discord link?

Discord link: all join for fun.

https://discord.gg/62CngC

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

jjef posted:

What is the best way to farm XP and gold? I have a couple characters stuck in the mid-to-high 50s and their XP bars are barely moving :( My gold situation is just as bad.

Any hints?

Choose the XP & Gold daily missions because they give a lot more gold than the other dailies and you get level 5 XP chips which are p dope

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

And pick the Gold Daily Missions and you can get 1-2 million a day there.

I only get like 500k or so from them. Am I doing something wrong here?

Also yeah coop missions are one of the best ways to get money. I second the recommendation on getting most of your roster to 4* level 50.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MarcusSA posted:

Also yeah coop missions are one of the best ways to get money. I second the recommendation on getting most of your roster to 4* level 50.

I might be confusing numbers a bit since I tend to run Dailys at the same time I do Memory, Dark Dimension, and the Jean/Magneto ones. I feel like if I do the top level with a fresh team I can hit a million a stage sometimes. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll pay more attention tomorrow.

CoOp is still the source for something like 75% of my gold though and the Daily Gold/XP missions are just a nice boost the poster should do since it their two needs.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jjef posted:

Any hints?

as everyone's said, do your gold-yielding dailies. after that i think your best way to farm gold is either xmen tracking missions for a p dece regular payout or play wbi for some chest rng. if you get all white chests i think its worse than tracking, but you wont get all white chests. a purple can get you 200-400k, blues are pretty good too. if you get a legendary it will for sure have nothing but debris and guks in it.

wbi is extremely swingy though - if you get whites and greens you can open them more quickly and therefore you can do more runs per day. if you hit a hot streak and get purples they take a lot longer to open so youll make more gold but be able to do less wbi runs that day and therefore more tracking, drift, or even story missions for a bit of extra gold on top.

whenever i watch tv i try to crank out some wbis cos they rule and are the best

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Doctor Goons has a couple spots open

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mr Hootington posted:

Who wants to take over goonlactus?

I guess I can? I'm mcmorava. If no one else wants it. I dunno, I can already feel the crushing responsibility giving me sores in all my delicate places.

Jean 6* tomorrow. She, Thanos, and Dormy are all 55. I assume I listed them in priority order to bring to 60? I have Thanos's uni and have been leveling it so I guess he might be a touch better? Meh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As someone who was randomly made leader of his alliance a couple of months ago I'm not sure that there's anything to actually do as leader besides sign up for Conquest once (and then it automatically signs you up every other week), occasionally kick inactive members if you want to, and leave cutesy messages no one reads.

I guess you can also decide who to make Class 1 so they can spend the alliance tokens on Conquest powers.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
How are you guys beating ultra supergiant? Man I suck at this mode

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

NmareBfly posted:

I guess I can? I'm mcmorava. If no one else wants it. I dunno, I can already feel the crushing responsibility giving me sores in all my delicate places.

Jean 6* tomorrow. She, Thanos, and Dormy are all 55. I assume I listed them in priority order to bring to 60? I have Thanos's uni and have been leveling it so I guess he might be a touch better? Meh.

Sweet. Now I can quit. See ya.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah, I just did my Daily and I "only" got 500K. I was just conflating it with all the other stuff I do at the same time which adds up to somewhere around a million.

But I also got 1.2 million gold from Timeline today which is a reminder that you should also run your 10 Timeline missions each day. Win or lose, you'll get gold each day and a big payout at the end of the week.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Thanks for the advice everyone about making gold and xp. Let's see if I'm competent enough to put any of it to good use lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

NmareBfly posted:

How can you even complete Shadowland with all of them at 55? They don't "count" as T2 until they're level 60, I'm pretty sure.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Kripparian journey on shadow land.

https://youtu.be/g6uk89K2kAE

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im freaking the heck out posted:

How are you guys beating ultra supergiant? Man I suck at this mode

hel (L) t2 loki red skull

try not to get cc'd into the lasers, keep shield and clones up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

hel (L) t2 loki red skull

try not to get cc'd into the lasers, keep shield and clones up

Same except I don't have Hela leveled up so I use Ebony Maw as the leader with T2 Loki and Cyclops for the energy damage aura

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
If you're looking to whale, the 6,900 deal is back.

It's probably the best value for money since you end up spending 2,500 crystals for a T2 ticket, 300 bios and 3 mil gold. I guess Apocalypse is up soon so they're trying to get you to spend before hitting you with another Magneto package

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
The Worst Alliance is always looking to recruit! I read this thread every couple of days, so just let me know here!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Noice! I just rolled a hecka good obelisk

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NICE!! Very good stuff.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
kuukuu kuukuu how do i play this game again

edit: wtf is 6 stars and who shoudl i be choosing to do this hero journey thing ot does it super matter or what

MotU fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 2, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MotU posted:

kuukuu kuukuu how do i play this game again

edit: wtf is 6 stars and who shoudl i be choosing to do this hero journey thing ot does it super matter or what

Reapply for Marble Hebrons friend.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also i have like 400 of each biometrics from like new years eve 2015 sales and another 'get a 6* hero, right now' thing loving help who do i choose

can i just choose best grls or what i need guidance

3 6* hero things total help HELP

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Reapply for Marble Hebrons friend.

the queue is full u little poo poo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MotU posted:

the queue is full u little poo poo

It's because Marvel Conquest (Risk) is going on and I can't kick somebody. Tell Keke to end the mode (it ends in 2 days then I'll get you. Reapply then.)

And please address me as big poo poo in the future.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's because Marvel Conquest (Risk) is going on and I can't kick somebody. Tell Keke to end the mode (it ends in 2 days then I'll get you. Reapply then.)

And please address me as big poo poo in the future.

for real tho help me out buddy, is there someone I should definitely choose for like game mechanics purposes for free 6*s or can I just choose Sin and Squirrel Girl?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You don't need to cancel your Conquest application to kick/accept people. I do a weekly purge of dead accounts in my alliance after every Conquest cycle during the 3-4 days its not going.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MotU posted:

for real tho help me out buddy, is there someone I should definitely choose for like game mechanics purposes for free 6*s or can I just choose Sin and Squirrel Girl?

Of course my good friend.

This is actually a great tier list. Spider-Man in his new costume is godly. Mantis rules and can't die. Sandman is pretty great out of the new specials. All the X-Men are incredibly good.

If you don't have Spidey at T2, you should get him there. Sharon Rogers (not Agent 13) is still the best in the game. Coulson is also amazing now because his T2 buffs the hell out of chars.

Edit: the only one here I think really needs to be moved up is Ghost Rider with Car Rider uniform. He is godly for me and I can tank anything with him. He is incredibly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Trenchcoat Ghost Rider doesn't do a lot for me. I might be playing him wrong or do I need to T2 him? I mean, I can team him with a couple of Universals and win a Relay stage in Shadowland but he can't solo anything.

Is T2 Spider-Man worth it over T1 with the Homecoming costume? I've been contemplating using my 1 T2 ticket on him but he can already solo a Shadowland stage if I play him right so I'm not sure its worth it.

I recently T2ed Hellstorm, Red Hulk, and Rogue and am trying to learn how to use them. With the new Shadowland I just kind of try and get to Floor 15 with some of my big guns intact, throw everything at that Floor, and then bail.