Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

There's also the very brief scene where Batman is on top of the Joker's car before it crashes into a lake with Harley Quinn trapped inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Also where he apprehends Deadpool. He's not in it much, but he is all over.

Also why does Captain boomerang have three life sentences for failing to rob an empty bank?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Also where he apprehends Deadpool. He's not in it much, but he is all over.

Also why does Captain boomerang have three life sentences for failing to rob an empty bank?
Deadshot, not DP.

Maybe Boomerang robbed other banks in the past? And killed dudes?
comedy option: one of his boomerangs is a nuke-erang. That's probably worth some prison time.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Didnt boomerang kill Tim Drakes father in the comics?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oh yeah I just remembered that The Flash was in SS too. He captures Boomerang after the heist.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was it mentioned that Captain Boomerang robbed every bank in Australia?

I presume not like, every branch. Unless he was really bored.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

The opening scene of JL sounds like it's the closing scene of BvS. Supposedly it opens with Clark in his grave and Bruce and Diana gathered in mourning.

From the leaked script:

*movie opens in total darkness, then wheezing*
* thunk thunk thunk*
CLARK: hey, is anyone up there?
*thunk thunk thunk*
CLARK: guys, I wasn't dead all the way
*the sound of someone starting to hyperventilate*
*thunkthunkthunk*

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Electromax posted:

From the leaked script:

*movie opens in total darkness, then wheezing*
* thunk thunk thunk*
CLARK: hey, is anyone up there?
*thunk thunk thunk*
CLARK: guys, I wasn't dead all the way
*the sound of someone starting to hyperventilate*
*thunkthunkthunk*
CLARK: I can see you guys standing right there. I have X-ray vision remember?

Does Superman breathe? I mean he can fly around in outer space without a spacesuit so it doesn't seem like breathing is a big deal to him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He can just hold his breath for a long time like a turtle

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
"Superman survives in a vacuum by breathing in the self-righteous and nourishing gases emitted from his own butt" - Batman, probably.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Maybe his body uses hydrogen instead of oxygen. That would explain how he gets his powers from the sun too. :thunk:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He can just hold his breath for a long time like a turtle

Yeah pretty much this from what I remember of the comics.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Habibi posted:

"Superman survives in a vacuum by breathing in the self-righteous and nourishing gases emitted from his own butt" - Batman, probably.

:discourse:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IEnjuOuVu8

I...uh...what? :psyduck:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
wow, someone's ripping off inferno cop real hard

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Mr. Apollo posted:

Does Superman breathe? I mean he can fly around in outer space without a spacesuit so it doesn't seem like breathing is a big deal to him.

Depends on which version of Superman we're talking about, or the writer.

He wore a spacesuit in the 90s animated show, for example.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
IIRC more recently he breathes because his physiology has a respiratory system similar to ours but living near a yellow sun has made him so powerful that while his body still goes through the motions he's basically good unless weakened by kryptonite/magic/whatever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Renoistic posted:

Depends on which version of Superman we're talking about, or the writer.

He wore a spacesuit in the 90s animated show, for example.

I think in the DCAU he could survive in space for a little while, but if he has time to prepare he'll put on a spacesuit before going out.

Reminded of when he was up against a Kryptonite-armed Joker who had Lois hostage (of course) and simply showed up in a radiation suit. (which the Joker destroyed with acid, but points for trying)

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

LOL. Here's the "fantastic bonus scene" that comes with the WW bluray. It's supposed to connect the film to JL.

https://twitter.com/YahooMovies/status/902184606174248960/video/1

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
So uh, the motherbox that ends up at STAR Labs?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

So uh, the motherbox that ends up at STAR Labs?
I don't see what else it could be.

edit - yes it is https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/902397824695812096

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 29, 2017

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mr. Apollo posted:

LOL. Here's the "fantastic bonus scene" that comes with the WW bluray. It's supposed to connect the film to JL.

https://twitter.com/YahooMovies/status/902184606174248960/video/1

whoo boy, and i thought mcu exposition scenes were clunky

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Seeing that scene, the only thing I could think of was "Why is England putting so much effort into retrieving a powerful artifact for the americans? Why don't keep it for themselves?"

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seeing that scene, the only thing I could think of was "Why is England putting so much effort into retrieving a powerful artifact for the americans? Why don't keep it for themselves?"
They're doing it for Steve :patriot:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Cause they're too polite for their own good

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Here's something I've been wondering about since BvS. Did Diana bring her WW armour, sword, and shield with her everywhere? She lives in Paris and "walked away from mankind a century ago" yet when she finally decides to become WW again she has all her equipment ready to go.

I can see her using her position at The Louvre to transport her sword and shield on her travels with her but the question remains why would she bring all her WW stuff if she had decided to let mankind fend for itself?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I imagine she thought it possible Superman was a god, and came to Metropolis in part to investigate that, and had her gear just in case.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Plus even in Wonder Woman she's very very VERY unhappy with idea of ever not having her gear within reach.

Also traveling with her sword and stuff would be easy, she's always had a private jet. Not seen in the film for obvious reasons. :haw:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I imagine she thought it possible Superman was a god, and came to Metropolis in part to investigate that, and had her gear just in case.
Oh I never thought of that. That makes a lot of sense.

Neo Rasa posted:

Plus even in Wonder Woman she's very very VERY unhappy with idea of ever not having her gear within reach.

Also traveling with her sword and stuff would be easy, she's always had a private jet. Not seen in the film for obvious reasons. :haw:
i just figured after a century she would have stopped bothering. But then again she's 5,000 years old so a century probably means very little to her.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 30, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Her armor and weapons were revered artifacts from her people and culture, and from a place she could never return. Of course she wasn't going to throw them away.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

No, of course I wouldn't expect her to throw them away. I'm just wondering why she took her stuff with her hen she travelled to Metropolis from Paris if she had stopped being Wonder Woman. I would have expected her to store the stuff away somewhere not being it with her everywhere she went.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr. Apollo posted:

No, of course I wouldn't expect her to throw them away. I'm just wondering why she took her stuff with her hen she travelled to Metropolis from Paris if she had stopped being Wonder Woman. I would have expected her to store the stuff away somewhere not being it with her everywhere she went.

Have you seen the crime rate in the DCEU?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There's obviously been a bit of a retcon so "stepping away from mankind" is even more up to interpretation. But even at the time I think there's a difference between staying out of human affairs and giving up her warrior ways. Even if she wasn't expecting an encounter with Superman, she knew a dude with paramilitary connections had found her photo.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I think it's just a comic book thing where a costume is always on hand when it's needed. When it's not needed it's either under your street clothes/business suit, or it might as well not exist until it does.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Besides, you're going to a city with a guy who made the last god look like a wuss and a crazy man dressed like a bat, probably a good idea to be packing. Or Diana just thinks she's underdressed without a sword and shield.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

There's obviously been a bit of a retcon so "stepping away from mankind" is even more up to interpretation. But even at the time I think there's a difference between staying out of human affairs and giving up her warrior ways. Even if she wasn't expecting an encounter with Superman, she knew a dude with paramilitary connections had found her photo.

Jenkins said something to that effect, that the idea wasn't that she like withdrew from society completely, just that she stopped rolling around 24/7 as Wonder Woman bombastic symbol of hope that leads the good guys in their asskicking.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The whole thing with "this area I'll be visiting has an indestructible god and a psychopath dispensing their own brands of justice and the guy with my photo seems crazy and has a small personal army so I better be packing just in case" makes sense. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr. Apollo posted:

Where she get a new sword?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I assume her new sword and shield that she has in BvS and JL were acquired through her job as a curator of ancient weapons and armour at The Louvre. Her position there would give her access to all sorts of cool stuff and she would understand what they were (Synder and DC have both said her new sword and shield are "The Sword and Aegis of Athena").

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Or she went home to Themiscyra and got a new sword.