Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pick posted:

"illegal party toilet"

I have been laughing at this for about five straight minutes, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Haifisch posted:

My dad (M61) found out something about my (M28) and my boyfriend’s (M24) sex lives, and I think it has changed the way he treats my boyfriend. Is there a problem here?

I'm thinking Bryan Cranston to play the dad, maybe Ryan Reynolds for the main character and Daniel Radcliffe for the boyfriend. The next summer comedy blockbuster is here!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I Was The Fury posted:

Um excuse me you say that man held in his farts during a meeting? I have it on EXTREMELY good authority that holding in farts is impossible and furthermore

Judging by the voulume of his farts he had been in several meetings that day.

But I got to do that thing where you move your head left and right to get a good view of things through the crack in the bathroom door like you're refreshing the screen on an old TV and I got to watch my foe, the other business guy who can hurt the company I work for, let out all of his farts.

I kicked his rear end so hard an old gently caress mexican dude with so many supererfluous tax profesional tittles on his business card fist bumpesd me after that meeting. I don't reven remember the lies I told, but they were good and I'm glad I hosed them for thinking they could take an interview with someone on lthe lowest rung of our business org chart and find something to nail us on. They hosed with the wrong cumshitter.

This was the basic undertone when one of my bosses came upt to me to see if I'd e fine lying to someone:

"Cumshitter, do you like lying?"

"Omfg yes please let me lie to people."

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
we do masively illegal poo poo ona daily basis so please dont interent stalk me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

My dad (M61) found out something about my (M28) and my boyfriend’s (M24) sex lives, and I think it has changed the way he treats my boyfriend. Is there a problem here?

not to come across as super homophobic or anything, literally had sex with dudes myself, but I never really understood this kind of aspect of pride celebrations. I mean I sorta get the whole "we were suppressed and now we're ultra liberated" thing, but wearing stickers that go beyond simply expressing your sexuality/support of gay rights into specifically referencing what sex acts you do in the bedroom just seems tacky and oversharing to me. Like I would view a gay couple wearing top and bottom stickers about on par with someone inappropriately oversharing their interest in bdsm.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
CA. I [23m] am being sexually harassed by my boss [24f]. What are my options (self.legaladvice)

quote:

I want to start out by saying no harassment has been committed at Work or on Work time.

Long story short I needed a part time job while in school so I got hired at Starbucks. However my boss has shown strong interest in me and has asked me out numerous time and each time I've turned her down.

This past weekend she invited herself to a party I was going to and I reluctantly allowed her to come in hopes I could pawn her off to a buddy of mine.
She tried to encourage me to take more and more shots despite me turning them down. She also was pestering my friends asking "how she could get with me", to the point where my friends had to tell her to leave me alone. she later texted me that night saying "I want to gently caress you despite knowing that's not what you want"; I ignored it.

Finally I passed out on the couch at my buddies and she kept touching me (not inappropriately, but unwanted) trying to get me to drive home w her because she "wanted to sleep with me"

on top of all this she is already being investigated by starbucks for very similar and harsher behavior on her part.

Things at work are very awkward and a lot of tension is present. And I have no idea what to do or how to proceed.

TLDR my boss is sexually harassing me outside of work and a little bit st work which has made life at work a lot more awkward. Am clueless of what to do

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

Haifisch posted:

You accidentally gave your dad a way to mentally reconcile the fact that you're gay with his expectations of you as a man. He is literally thinking, "My son may be gay, but he's the pitcher and not the drat catcher and therefore the man of the relationship."

You're a drat fool if you don't go ahead and take full advantage.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
My mental schema of that dads behavior is that his feeling before was "I don't know what to do without looking bad or hurting someone's feelings so I'm gonna do nothing," and that has been replaced with "copy and paste everything I know about old fashioned Herero relationships over this one." How wrong or offensive that is seems pretty situationally dependent, but at least in this case it hasn't caused any major issues (yet). Seems like the dad is ignorant but trying, which all things considered could be a lot worse.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

maskenfreiheit posted:

CA. I [23m] am being sexually harassed by my boss [24f]. What are my options (self.legaladvice)

Call the police, Jesus Christ

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I have been laughing at this for about five straight minutes, holy poo poo.

i think it's an achewood reference but i don't rightly recall.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Found Pick's Reddit account:

My ex has raped someone, what do I do?

quote:

So Reddit, this one's gonna be a on a throwaway account for obvious reasons. Intricate details left out for confidentiality and anonymity purposes. And sorry in advance for formatting, I'm on mobile.

Approximately a year and a half ago I was in a straight relationship with a male who trusted me, and confided in me that he had had a very traumatic series of molestation experiences as a child. It was obvious he had issues to a degree that needed therapy but unfortunately the relationship had ended before I could get him help.

He was never hugely intelligent but somehow could be a quite cleverly manipulative individual with me, and I can admit there were times when we had sex and he knew I didn't want it - I did it anyway because I thought I loved him. I finally realised he was a poisonous individual and cut off all ties with him. Full on cold turkey.

Now you have the back story, onto the incident;

Recently it has very privately come to light to me that a few months after we broke up, my ex raped a girl around my age, who very understandably is pursuing legal action and has full evidence to prove the assault.

Now my question is... what do I do? What part should I take in this situation? I only want what is right, but my memories of the sheer trauma I saw in his face whenever he recounted the events that took place still haunt me. That man broke down in my arms, but so did that girl. Is he evil or is he just broken? What should I do about it? If legal action is taken, what is the most just sentence you believe should be given?

If you've read this far thank you, I'm sorry it has been slightly vague, I just want to keep as much confidentiality on a public forum like this as I can. I would however be perfectly willing to give more information to someone with professional/knowledgeable advice.

Thank you so so much in advance.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

caterpillaropera posted:

You accidentally gave your dad a way to mentally reconcile the fact that you're gay with his expectations of you as a man. He is literally thinking, "My son may be gay, but he's the pitcher and not the drat catcher and therefore the man of the relationship."

You're a drat fool if you don't go ahead and take full advantage.

Eh it's mixed, like this has allowed the dad to incorporate a relationship he didn't really understand into the family but his motives and methods are p insulting and regressive soooooo it totally makes sense the OP is offput by them. It's sort of an understandable level of bigotry but it still isn't good and when you couple it with him previously ousting his son from their standard male bonding experiences it's quite a bitter pill.

maskenfreiheit posted:

uh maybe just stay out of it because it's not about you and let the proceedings go as they will? I mean what does she want to do here, testify in court about her own more vague trauma and give the defense a path to discredit the more concrete case?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

She shouldn't do anything. She really can't do anything unless she can get a time machine and try to unfuck that guy's life so he doesn't turn out awful. Certainly don't loving talk to the guy.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Eh it's mixed, like this has allowed the dad to incorporate a relationship he didn't really understand into the family but his motives and methods are p insulting and regressive soooooo it totally makes sense the OP is offput by them. It's sort of an understandable level of bigotry but it still isn't good and when you couple it with him previously ousting his son from their standard male bonding experiences it's quite a bitter pill.

uh maybe just stay out of it because it's not about you and let the proceedings go as they will? I mean what does she want to do here, testify in court about her own more vague trauma and give the defense a path to discredit the more concrete case?

from the comments:

quote:

Sorry for being unclear, my mind is all over! The girl has asked me personally for my opinion/advice. And I guess my point was that could his trauma and mental health issues be helpful in court regarding his sentence? I know full well he would never mention them, hence it would be up to me to bring it forward... or does he not deserve that? It's difficult for me especially when I don't believe in the effectiveness of 'rehabilitation' in jail.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

maskenfreiheit posted:

from the comments:

That's not my area of expertise relative to law, but my general thought would be that it would not be helpful to bring up mental health issues in something of this nature. Or ever, really. Regardless, trying to soften the blow of prison because you feel bad for a rapist is pretty not good, I think. Like, feel bad for what he went through, sure; it's entirely understandable to feel bad for someone who had an awful thing happen to them. However, what he did was awful, and he should serve his sentence for his actions.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

from the comments:

You know I wish the US justice system was better about looking into someone's background and giving more rehabilitative sentences based on a more nuanced look at each individual case but rape is certainly not the hill I'd choose to make my stand on concerning such a change in how we handled criminal proceedings.

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

ArbitraryC posted:

No, that's fair. I guess I'd at least be certain my boyfriend was okay with it and I'd already have to be comfortable with the idea that this was likely the best acceptance/inclusion I was going to get from my dad. And I feel that its reasonable to guess that this was likely a clone of how he'd treat a hetero relationship if his son had one. All in all, the father seems to be pretty limited and I sometimes think we just hurt ourselves when we maintain expectations of people who just aren't self-aware or w/e enough for the level of introspection that would require.

But that realization itself is pretty bitter.

caterpillaropera fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 30, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

maskenfreiheit posted:

He is evil :milk:. Take an axe to his face.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If that's what it takes to make the olds deal with your gay self then gently caress it, run with it. Sure sound better than the alternative and what other options are you really gonna get?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

rape is certainly not the hill I'd choose to make my stand on concerning such a change in how we handled criminal proceedings.

you've come a long way, baby

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My(35F) SO(36M) of 5 years was caught sending pics of his penis to another man, but claims it was to help out a friend.

quote:

To make a very long story as short as possible I recently found a conversation between my SO and another man (let's call him Dick) that he's known since high school. In this conversation, they were being very sexually explicit, stating that they wanted to jerk each other off and see each other cum and my SO sent him pics of his penis.

Now my SO also has another male friend (let's call him Dave) whom I know is bisexual and they have also had vague sexual conversations that I've seen in the past, but nothing overly explicit or as descriptive as this recent convo with the other man.

Now when I confronted my SO about this, he claims that he was only doing his friend Dave a favour and messaging Dick for Dave because he hasn't been able to do it himself. He did admit that he sent a picture of his penis to Dick, but said he was pretending it was Dave's. He claims that he is just trying to help his friend out by getting him hooked up with this other guy.

My question is this; would any guy do this kind of thing for another male friend? I just find the whole thing so confusing and tbh it just sounds like a pile of bs. I'd really like to get the opinion of other guys or bisexual guys on this. Should I believe this story?

Tl;dr: Is this something guys would actually do for a friend or is he just trying to pull the wool over my eyes?
:thunk:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Haifisch posted:

My(35F) SO(36M) of 5 years was caught sending pics of his penis to another man, but claims it was to help out a friend.

:thunk:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My [29M] fiancee [29F] wants to break up and has new guy lined up, but I'm scared she'll get hurt

quote:

My gf has met someone else and wants to end things with me to explore that opportunity. We've been in similar situations several times; she always comes back and I welcome her with open arms, partly because I have zero self-esteem.

However I've recently met a new group of friends and I'm sure that a couple of the girls like me (one of them actually told me that another one does and she's super pretty and my type etc.) and my self-esteem is feeling better and I sort of feel like maybe I could be better off without her.. On the other hand I really love her and I feel like she's my best friend and I really would prefer to carry on seeing her!

I know the easy thing would be to say "you've made your bed now lie in it" and just to go date someone else, but this is someone I care about really deeply and I kinda think I'd be willing to take some hurt to protect her feelings.

What I'm frightened of is her finding out that I'm seeing someone and she ends up being really hurt when she realises I won't be there for her any more. So I'm just looking for advice really, what would you do?!

tl;dr: I always take gf back after breaks ups, but this time I probably won't and that scares me. Advice?

The comments are tearing him a new one for being dense and he's just doubling down on being an idiot:

OP posted:

Hm, I bother because I love her and you've got to be willing to sacrifice a bit for that. I'm sure it's misguided but I sort of feel like I'm being the bigger man?

quote:

Commenter - Great plan: put your entire life on hold just in case 10 years down the line she decides to come back to you. Good luck with that bub.

OP - Hm, i didn't say anything like that, I was talking about moving on myself, I just don't want to tear up someone's heart in the way they might do to me.

Commenter - She is the one leaving YOU. For another guy, by the way. It's not tearing up anyone's heart to do what normal people do when they are dumped. Seriously, there is something really wrong with the way you think. You probably need therapy.

OP - There really isn't anything wrong with wanting to save someone you love from heartache. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you!

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The most interesting part about this is that he literally acknowledges this is an action he is taking because he lacks self-esteem, but then seems unable to comprehend why it's a retarded thing to do.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

My [29M] fiancee [29F] wants to break up and has new guy lined up, but I'm scared she'll get hurt

The comments are tearing him a new one for being dense and he's just doubling down on being an idiot:

I unironically hope he gets Shanghai'd.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

David Heinrich posted:

The most interesting part about this is that he literally acknowledges this is an action he is taking because he lacks self-esteem, but then seems unable to comprehend why it's a retarded thing to do.

some people think acknowledging the stupidity of their actions makes them smart enough to keep doing the stupid thing

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

nerd plus rage posted:

I'm thinking Bryan Cranston to play the dad, maybe Ryan Reynolds for the main character and Daniel Radcliffe for the boyfriend. The next summer comedy blockbuster is here!

I have a conspiracy theory that most of the posts in that sub-reddit are created by an AI. An AI created by out of work sit com writers.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Well at least other dudes are actually interested in her. I'd still say that gives him a one up on the dude who's wife kept looking for an affair but just scared away the guys instead.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Nah. That guy was actually loving angry about that, and reacted like an at least vaguely reasonable human being at finding out about his wife's lovely actions. This guy may have a hot cheating fiance, but he's an idiot, so it balances out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He'll be there on in his hospital bed, frail but recovering, surrounded by his 6 children and horrified to watch them pull the plug after he asks if his ex fiance is still happy for one final time too many.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Barudak posted:

He'll be there on in his hospital bed, frail but recovering, surrounded by his 6 children and horrified to watch them pull the plug after he asks if his ex fiance is still happy for one final time too many.

But none of the kids will look anything like him.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

WampaLord posted:

Um, it sounds like they've already broken up but he's one of those people who think it's not a real break up if they don't both agree to it? Which is kind of horrifying.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

WampaLord posted:

This is the worst person in the loving thread

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
My loving husband [37M] told me [31f] he'd slit my throat if I ever cheated on him.

quote:

My husband and I got married about a year and a half ago after knowing each other a little over a year. He has been a wonderful and loving partner. He just got a call from his brother last night that his wife has been cheating on him. When he got off the phone he told me to look at him.

He told me he waited so long to get married (he dated a lot of girls before me) because all his siblings had unfaithful marriages and he was afraid that would happen to him. He told me that he could tell I was different and that he could trust me and he loved me very much. Then he told me that if I ever cheated he would slit my throat and kill himself.

I started to laugh but he looked at me with a straight face. He said he might even make it painful, it depends on his mood but he guarantees that he will kill me if I cheat. He said If I wanted to have sex with someone else, I was welcome to divorce him but if I cheated on him I would die. I didn't really know what to say but I assured him I had no intention of cheating and he was back to his loving self again.

Later on that night while we were having dinner he turned to me again and said "you can consider what I said earlier a threat, I'm telling the truth" again I told him I would never cheat and he said he knew.

Looking back on it though, the whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If he cheated I'd be devastated, but I'd never physically harm him. Should I talk to him about it? What should I say?

tl;dr: Husband found out brothers wife is cheating, threatened to slit my throat if I did the same.

normal person

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Holy poo poo, lady, get out now before he murders you because the boy behind the counter at Taco Bell smiled at you too much

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

Holy poo poo, lady, get out now before he murders you because the boy behind the counter at Taco Bell smiled at you too much

*gets one of those telemarketing calls where they spoof a number from the same area*

*is immediately drained of blood like a halal lamb*

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
My [25m] girlfriend [27f] of 2.5 years has an issue with remembering to flush the toilet

quote:

Basically as the title says. Since we started dating, she's rarely remembered to flush the toilet after going pee, and very rarely after a poop. I normally wouldn't mind, but it's always accompanied by a big wad of toilet paper in a bowl of yellow pee.

I didn't care at first, but after a while it started to get annoying and I eventually started to get grossed out by it. Starting about 2 years ago, I politely asked her if she could remember to flush the toilet. Sometimes she remembered, but a day or two later it was back to no flushing. I would continue to politely remind her with the same results on her end. Last week I sort of became angry at her (not proud) when I walked into the bathroom to find a bowl of poo poo brewing. Today I found another wad of toilet paper in a bowl of yellow pee.

I'm reaching my breaking point. She knows I hate it now, but continues to do it. I just don't understand because we have a great relationship outside of this and she is a hygienic person overall. I don't know what else to do. Am I over reacting? I don't mind leaving pee to sit in a toilet as it's saves water, but it's something about the wad of toilet paper in conjunction with her usually dehydrated pee that gets to me.

I know she doesn't do it on purpose and that it's her just typically being a distracted person, but I don't want this to be the norm if we're going to have a future together.

TL;DR: Girlfriend of 2.5 years can't remember to flush the toilet after asking her to do so for 2 years. Reaching my breaking point.

bat her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Buzkashi posted:

My [25m] girlfriend [27f] of 2.5 years has an issue with remembering to flush the toilet

bat her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper

set up a chart for the month M-F on the x axis, weeks 1-4 on the Y axis. Put a gold star every time she flushes her poopies, put a mr yuk if she forgets

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you follow "If its yellow, let it mellow. If its brown, flush it down." You either need to have a toilet tank that manually refils or an understanding that the way you save money is rear end backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

put a mr yuk if she forgets

Surely it should be a poop emoji :v: