Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Arcsech posted:

Just buy all your cables from Anker or Monoprice. They're already cheap enough, don't cheap out even more than that.
Its not that easy, Anker made a cable last year that deviated from the standard in a severely hosed up way that would probably melt a pro controller if you plugged it in in a certain configuration. You gotta check em out
https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung/posts/TkAnhK84TT7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
E: nevermind

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I forgot what year it was okay!!

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

RoboFrance_29 posted:

I'm pretty sure A -> C cables are safe, there's only one power rail coming out of A

It was an A -> C cable that broke Benson's (Google dude) laptop.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ptarmigans posted:

It was an A -> C cable that broke Benson's (Google dude) laptop.

D:

Luckily the ones I bought were reviewed by him and found to be safe. Phew.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I just charge my Pro Controller the Nintendo recommended way- use the Switch's AC adapter. It's only $30 and it works.

I have a 29W Apple USB-C adapter that I use with an Anker USB-C charging cable (that was also certified by Benson Leung) in a pinch to charge the Switch or the Pro Controller when I'm away, though.

Also be very careful of the third party chargers too, apparently many companies play fast and loose with the USB-C protocol.

tl;dr: just use Nintendo's brick if you don't want problems

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Contemplating getting Shovel Knight a second time on my Switch, since King Knight's DLC is looking to be announced soon (I'm guessing based on one of their tweets). I'd just have to 100% a whole new game though D:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Binary Badger posted:

I just charge my Pro Controller the Nintendo recommended way- use the Switch's AC adapter. It's only $30 and it works.

I have a 29W Apple USB-C adapter that I use with an Anker USB-C charging cable (that was also certified by Benson Leung) in a pinch to charge the Switch or the Pro Controller when I'm away, though.

Also be very careful of the third party chargers too, apparently many companies play fast and loose with the USB-C protocol.

tl;dr: just use Nintendo's brick if you don't want problems

I'm just looking for a cable actually

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh goodness the game with the Rabbids is a delight.

Love the music, love how good it looks and how you have time to appreciate that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah Mario XCOM is great fun and a worthy buy. Can't wait to get home and play some more :D

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Harmonix, in their on-going mission to make rhythm games out of game genres that don't need rhythm game elements, has a new rhythm game thing for Switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9ALEiNCO8

Of all the character designs to crib from they went with Funko Pop? :barf:

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
the intro to mario rabbids is so long that my tv screen dimmed automatically

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

deadwing posted:

If this is from Amazon mail them every day it's late and they'll probably do something for you, I've got second copies of games this way

It was on amazon but it was from some seller, not amazon directly, unless it doesn't matter. I ave no idea ow Amazon functions. The estimate said between 8/29 to 9/1 but it reached my area quick and ad an 8/28 estimate on sunday and ten nothing appened

TVs Ian posted:

Was it passing near Texas? That seems to have slowed things down.

It was from california to NY and supposedly got to NY so who knows

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/nintendonyc/status/902680938005622784

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
The pro controller comes with its own USB C charging cable doesn't it, or did I hallucinate that and actually buy mine separately. Or are you wanting a spare or travel option? Has anyone gotten any of the car charging USB C cables? I thought that might be an interesting option, especially ones that have another USB port available for other poo poo.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I didn't factor in how hard it would be to steal this game. If anyone would like to donate a copy to me, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Stop freaking dabbing, Luigi.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

rogue wave posted:

The pro controller comes with its own USB C charging cable doesn't it, or did I hallucinate that and actually buy mine separately. Or are you wanting a spare or travel option? Has anyone gotten any of the car charging USB C cables? I thought that might be an interesting option, especially ones that have another USB port available for other poo poo.

It does, and until I got a second Ac adaptor it was my primary method for charging the console when travelling. Although it was slow af using an iPhone plug.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

RE tactical turn-based games

Should I play Mario Rabbids or should I play Fire Emblem Echoes? I have played multiple Fire Emblems and zero XCOMs.

I realize that asking this question in the Switch thread might perhaps be kinda dumb because one of those is a Switch game and one isn't but still

Echoes is good but it's on a dead dumb system that should be buried with its horrible resolution screens and uncomfortable controls.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’m kinda surprised that Mario + Rabbids is this good. The music rules as well.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

loquacius posted:

I glanced through the OP of the thread back when there was one and it mentioned that several game mechanics are different than usual, although I don't really remember how. Did they Ruin Everything?

It didn't ruin everything. It has a better-than-average story for a Fire Emblem game and one of the best villains in the series, in my opinion. There are some mechanical things that make the game more of a slog than it needs to be.

Several maps in the later game have poison swamp terrain which is annoying to deal with. Said maps are usually paired with enemies that can summon infinite cannon fodder. Admittedly said cannon fodder isn't that threatening, but it bogs you down and they can pick off your weaker dudes. The final boss in particular has that, combined with a couple other very unfun annoying mechanics that made me put down the game for weeks before I mustered up the will to just finish the drat thing. Up to that point, I was having fun.

The voice acting is top notch, being able to choose a promotion path for your villager guys/gal is a cool system, and I like how magic and archery work. Echoes makes archers actualy good, and they're super fun to use.

I think the good outweighs the bad, but the late-game maps can get super annoying, fair warning.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The huge, main difference is no weapon triangle

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Skeezy posted:

I’m kinda surprised that Mario + Rabbids is this good. The music rules as well.

It's Grant Kirkhope!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

rogue wave posted:

I lost mine because I'm stupid

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a rabbids game

Physical

I'm happy with my decision

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Bloop posted:

I bought a rabbids game

Physical

I'm happy with my decision

Yeah, same here, friend. I had to dig around a bit before I remembered where the game card goes... Zelda has been in there since March.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Macaluso posted:

It's Grant Kirkhope!

I had to double check because the main menu music sounded so much like Banjo. This rules so much!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At my GameStop I was the third person in a row there to buy it, that seems like a good sign. Also they had switches in stock

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Is rabbits game 100hours of cock solid gameplay?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
How many Rabbids do you get to murder? I don't think I'll buy the game unless it's at least 500 or so.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

How many Rabbids do you get to murder? I don't think I'll buy the game unless it's at least 500 or so.
i'm sure you could murder at least 500

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Rabbids game is good and Rabbid Peach is the best character ever

Seriously there is no way it should be this good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What is the pixel pack that I got a code for with my copy?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mega64 posted:

you don't murder any of them

defeating them in battle turns them back to normal

you're saving each and every one of them

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TFRazorsaw posted:

you don't murder any of them

defeating them in battle turns them back to normal

you're saving each and every one of them

Hmmm very troubling to hear

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Is rabbits game 100hours of cock solid gameplay?

Seems like campaign + some extras is ~30 hours. I can see 100%'ing taking another 20 after that tops. There aren't THAT many challenges in each world and the exploration is largely simple backtracking switch puzzles.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The opening cutscene implies that Mario is not real. I will not tolerate this garbage.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So are you saying instead of the Xcom2 expansion I should get Mario Xcom?

Who am I kidding, I just got lucky enough to get surprised with a Switch yesterday along with Zelda, am I am hooked for the next 4 weeks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Detective No. 27 posted:

The opening cutscene implies that Mario is not real. I will not tolerate this garbage.

Have you heard of a little thing called the Multiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

What is the pixel pack that I got a code for with my copy?

DLC weapons. You'll get access to them when you unlock the Battle HQ after a few fights into the game. Can't miss it.

• Locked thread