Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

etalian posted:

His best season IMO was season 2.

I liked his slow face turn also, but because the writers suck (grrm, he sucks too) they realized that having him as a good guy would make it harder for them to gently caress people over. I haven't watched the show since s4 but from what I hear he keeps waffling between wanting to bone his sister and trying to be a good guy and can't be assed to commit to either one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lil Peeler posted:

I liked his slow face turn also, but because the writers suck (grrm, he sucks too) they realized that having him as a good guy would make it harder for them to gently caress people over. I haven't watched the show since s4 but from what I hear he keeps waffling between wanting to bone his sister and trying to be a good guy and can't be assed to commit to either one

Well at least S1/S2 you felt he actual meaningful character development going from a smug rear end in a top hat to basically getting his life wrecking and temporarily losing one of the main skills that made him smug.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kinda hard to feel bad for him when literally the first thing we see him do is casually try to murder a kid.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ROFLburger posted:

What was the significance of Cersei not killing Jaime or Tyrion when presented w the opportunity?

She was never gonna kill Jamie. And people are theorizing Tyrion made a deal with her, possibly something to do with her baby.

i mean this show is garbage and the writers were too pussy to kill off like one of the most popular characters lol

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Kinda hard to feel bad for him when literally the first thing we see him do is casually try to murder a kid.

This. He isn't in the elite swordfighters' club anymore. So now, he can't get away with being a brutal rear end in a top hat to everyone because other people can beat him up.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I feel like Cersei knew that Tyrion wasn't really responsible for ALL her problems, apart from him killing tywin, and she was just dumping blame on him because it made it easier. When she confronted him he talked his way out of it because that's what tyrion does. It's okay and made sense.

Jamie scene was dumb though.... i get that jamie actually cares about saving people. he killed the mad king to stop him murdering a city so it makes sense he'd want to fight zombies to save the world + his baby but him going on about having to stick to an oath was dumb from the kingslayer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are the flaming swords of the red priests magic from the Lord of Light or just a trick? I can't remember if they ever explain it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Are the flaming swords of the red priests magic from the Lord of Light or just a trick? I can't remember if they ever explain it.

I think the priest used to do it as a trick with oil and fire but then after rezzing beric found he could do it for real because of magic. Not read the books for ages though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hemale in pain posted:

I think the priest used to do it as a trick with oil and fire but then after rezzing beric found he could do it for real because of magic. Not read the books for ages though.

I figured it was something like that. I don't remember the show explaining it either way, or it at best did so very poorly. Go figure.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Funny ting is outside of fighting Walkers setting steel on fire isn't a smart idea

This was demonstrated back when the show wasn't dumb and the Hound just cleaved through the burning sword like it were tissue paper

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Blood magic can't melt steel swords.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Disgusting Coward posted:

They should make the show be exactly like the books and have every episode be 95% slow panning over everyone's clothes and what they're eating, while one of the five songs that exists in Westeros plays in the background and then periodically Tyrion be all "where do whores go?" while thumbing the stub of his nose.

Anyway if the spooky ice dragon can breathe spooky ice fire then surely that means that spooky ice fire is a Thing the Night King instils [cause dragons breathe regular, unspooky fire] so how come he didn't just have a regular ol' squad of skellybops breathe spooky ice fire.

you forgot the graphic sexual depictions and fetishes and a retarded women making GBS threads herself in field.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

COMRADES posted:

Show LF maybe. Book LF is like 5 steps ahead of everyone else all the time.

Even in the books LF's thing was being important to plots that mostly helped his co-conspirators more than himself out of a sense that he was moving up in the world.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
cersei never had all that hot lesbian sex from the books, on the show and that is a problem.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Away all Goats posted:

She was never gonna kill Jamie. And people are theorizing Tyrion made a deal with her, possibly something to do with her baby.

i mean this show is garbage and the writers were too pussy to kill off like one of the most popular characters lol

yeah. i wanted them to kill jamie and i like jamie. just have him sigh sadly has he looks at cersie then the mountain tears his head off.

hemale in pain posted:

I feel like Cersei knew that Tyrion wasn't really responsible for ALL her problems, apart from him killing tywin, and she was just dumping blame on him because it made it easier. When she confronted him he talked his way out of it because that's what tyrion does. It's okay and made sense.

Jamie scene was dumb though.... i get that jamie actually cares about saving people. he killed the mad king to stop him murdering a city so it makes sense he'd want to fight zombies to save the world + his baby but him going on about having to stick to an oath was dumb from the kingslayer.

to be fair. everyone who is honorable is a dumb oval office in the show and books.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Supreme Allah posted:

cersei never had all that hot lesbian sex from the books, on the show and that is a problem.

problematic

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Supreme Allah posted:

Huh. I guess I don't remember anything after the third book.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
thoros lit his sword with wildfire

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Hey, what's happened to Bronn anyway? He was my gambit from the start and I'm pretty sure he's going to be the founder of the new kingdom when he outswords all the little bitches that are the supposed lead characters.

I'm 99% sure they're not going to kill him if they haven't already. He's too cool to die and one of the only characters that lasted after the first couple seasons that was done right.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

phasmid posted:

Hey, what's happened to Bronn anyway? He was my gambit from the start and I'm pretty sure he's going to be the founder of the new kingdom when he outswords all the little bitches that are the supposed lead characters.

I'm 99% sure they're not going to kill him if they haven't already. He's too cool to die and one of the only characters that lasted after the first couple seasons that was done right.

He's doing well but Jaime ditched him to head up north, but I think they'll catch up

Drogon might remember Bronn hosed him up, and eat him.

The dumbest poo poo of the show, is that Bronn and Cersei actors literally have in their contract, that they can't be in a scene together

because they hate each other, because of real life relationship crap.

so unprofessional.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
what is this Jr high

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Jaime tried to murder a little kid by pushing him out of a window but crippled him for life instead.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Supreme Allah posted:

Bronn and Cersei actors literally have in their contract, that they can't be in a scene together

Lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

oh dope posted:

Jaime tried to murder a little kid by pushing him out of a window but crippled him for life instead.

Trying to kill a little kid is terrible. Failing to kill a little kid is also terrible. What a loser.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Yea, and anyone thinking that was a poo poo joke, no this is a actual thing http://www.pajiba.com/game_of_thrones/so-bronn-and-cersei-hate-each-other-in-real-life.php

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

Trying to kill a little kid is terrible. Failing to kill a little kid is also terrible. What a loser.

Failing to kill Bran was his biggest gently caress up yet IMO.

I hope a giant steps on him.

freckle fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 30, 2017

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Supreme Allah posted:

Yea, and anyone thinking that was a poo poo joke, no this is a actual thing http://www.pajiba.com/game_of_thrones/so-bronn-and-cersei-hate-each-other-in-real-life.php

See? This is reason to bet on the man winning. He was with Lena when she was younger and presumably even hotter. Cersei may die, Bronn is going to win the whole thing.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Blazing Ownager posted:

Funny ting is outside of fighting Walkers setting steel on fire isn't a smart idea

This was demonstrated back when the show wasn't dumb and the Hound just cleaved through the burning sword like it were tissue paper

The books have him say it ruins the sword but it would scare the poo poo out of people he fought. Then magic happen so it wasn't an issue anymore. It does make for a cool visual on the show.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Flaming sword sounds cool, but looks like a lame glorified candle. Would be better as a tight fiercely burning torch.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If you didn't this season unbelievably fun entertainment I don't know what is wrong with you

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The writers loving suck. We keep seeing the uninteresting scenes. Like, show me what Tyrion says to convince Cersei. Show me Sansa and Arya out matching Peter. Fffffuck

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

facebook jihad posted:

If you didn't this season unbelievably fun entertainment I don't know what is wrong with you

tbh this season kinda felt like nothing happened other than setup for next season. Like i enjoyed watching it, no complaints there, but it was sorta a giant prologue.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ArbitraryC posted:

tbh this season kinda felt like nothing happened other than setup for next season. Like i enjoyed watching it, no complaints there, but it was sorta a giant prologue.

I hope the giant prologue steps on some people.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Flaming sword sounds cool, but looks like a lame glorified candle. Would be better as a tight fiercely burning torch.

So tight and intense it just looks like a beam of light. Maybe like some sort of...light sword

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Waltzing Along posted:

It's ice fire, though.

gently caress it, it looks cool even if it makes zero sense.

did we all forget that fire turns blue if it has sufficient oxygen and is over 1400C or something

HM THE FIRE IS BLUE IT MUST BE COLD

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

did we all forget that fire turns blue if it has sufficient oxygen and is over 1400C or something

You know what else turns fire blue? Magic.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

we are all going to die eventually i think is the saying they use in the show

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

The sun isn't blue, checkmate.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

god made the sun and he can make the sun whatever color he wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

how did the dragon melt the wall with blue raspberry flavoring