Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So up for debate on our site is what to do about accidental bids in online auctions.
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/08/29/you-be-the-commish-auction-tricks/

What would you do if someone tricked a bidder into dropping 25% of their cash on the wrong David Johnson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

I'm hoping someone in here could help me out. I'm down here in Houston helping with hurricane rescues and have a FF Draft tonight. Would someone who has access to beersheets and ability to be online mind drafting for me?

If so please PM me and I can provide login info.

Draft is tonight at 7pm cst

I could probably help you out friendo, just don't blame me when your team is half Patriots.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
What's everyone's thoughts on Joe Mixon? Real deal? Gonna take over the starting role? My younger brother-in-law is trying to get Hunter Henry off me and said he might throw Mixon my way.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pubic works project posted:

What's everyone's thoughts on Joe Mixon? Real deal? Gonna take over the starting role? My younger brother-in-law is trying to get Hunter Henry off me and said he might throw Mixon my way.

Do you have another TE? or streaming?

He'll most likely start the year splitting snaps, but his upside is huge.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 29, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

Do you have another TE? or streaming?

I have Kelce.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

If you already have Kelce, i'd defo trade Henry for Mixon.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
No one ever offers to trade me their RB2 for a backup TE. :(

Of course, part of that is because I never have a backup TE.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

VietCampo posted:

If you already have Kelce, i'd defo trade Henry for Mixon.

coronaball posted:

No one ever offers to trade me their RB2 for a backup TE. :(

Of course, part of that is because I never have a backup TE.

Well it's not a done deal. I have no idea what's going on in his head. I'm just trying to gather info on Mixon cuz I don't know poo poo about him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Well it's not a done deal. I have no idea what's going on in his head. I'm just trying to gather info on Mixon cuz I don't know poo poo about him.

It's a decent argument that he's the most talented RB to be drafted this year over Fournette and Cook. But you know the DV and all. His competition is also an underwhelming Hill and Bernard coming off a torn ACL. He's also a pretty decent pass catching back.

So if you are able to get him for Henry, you mash that accept button.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The part I don't understand is why does/would he want to trade a 4th round pick for a 9th-10th round pick before the season has even started, given that basically nothing has changed with either players outlook. If anything, Mixon has gained more value since Hill looks bad and has an injury.

But people do dumb stuff so if he's down, go for it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

coronaball posted:

The part I don't understand is why does/would he want to trade a 4th round pick for a 9th-10th round pick before the season has even started, given that basically nothing has changed with either players outlook. If anything, Mixon has gained more value since Hill looks bad and has an injury.

But people do dumb stuff so if he's down, go for it.

He may back out. It's not on the table yet. Plus it was an auction draft, so he didn't spend a ton on Mixon.

I don't know what he's thinking either, but if I get Mixon I'm not complaining.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
My thoughts on Mixon:

Hill will probably start the year, and Mixon owners will panic. But Mixon will likely have the starting job by Week 4 if Hill doesn't blow everyone away. That being said, he'll still split carries with Hill/Bernard far more than he should.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
How did I do here?

10 team 1PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 0TE, 2 Flex(1 WRT, 1 WT)

QB:
Jameis Winston

RB: Devonta Freeman, Lamar Miller, Bilal Powell, Ameer Abdullah, LaGarrette Blount

WR: AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Alshon Jeffery, Kelvin Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, Kenny Britt, Marvin Jones

DEF: Patriots

BPA FA(according to Beersheets) include:

Jeremy Hill
Latavius Murray
Charles Sims
Jamaal Charles
John Brown
Ted Ginn
Cole Beasley
Robby Anderson

Also Jacquizz is on waivers.

JSYK I can't drop the Pats D until at least they won't be able to be picked up in time for week 1, trolling a Pats homer.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Looks fine. No tight ends?
FA guys are all garbage except mayyybe Brown and mayyyyyyyybe Anderson

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jesse James value actually managed to go down today. Do I ride this out and hope for the best or grab a new guy?

16 team, 1 PPR.

Next best options that are starters: Will Tye (who knows how long he'll be starting), Jermaine Gresham, Seth Devalve (another Will Tye situation), and Virgil Green.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jesse James value actually managed to go down today. Do I ride this out and hope for the best or grab a new guy?

16 team, 1 PPR.

Next best options that are starters: Will Tye (who knows how long he'll be starting), Jermaine Gresham, Seth Devalve (another Will Tye situation), and Virgil Green.

Is McDonald available?

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

Drunk Nerds posted:

Looks fine. No tight ends?
FA guys are all garbage except mayyybe Brown and mayyyyyyyybe Anderson

Thanks, 0TE league but you can start them in either flex, only a handful were drafted.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Is McDonald available?

Nope

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Someone just dropped TWest, is he worth grabbing at all? I'd be dropping Jamaal Williams.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

drat. I might consider SF's rookie TE - Kittle.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

16 team, 1 PPR.

MacDonald is straight boots. Jesse James is fine in a 16.

The only reason to pick up any of those guys is tye, and only because your team name can be "Will Tye the Giants' Guy"

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Lol what? Mixon is worth 20x Henry's value. That's one of the dumbest trades I've ever heard of.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
drat I should have let someone draft for me. I was so tired I wasn't even marking people off on beer sheets thinking I had some sleepers since most I drafted against were idiots (10 man league 0 ppr - kickers started going in round 7)...

I butchered this draft up I think...

8th Pick:

1 - J. Jones
2 - M. Evans
3 - D. Cook
4 - K. Hunt
5 - TY Hilton
6 - D. Thomas
7 - A. Jeffery
8 - D. Martin
9 - J. Crowder
10 - L. Blount (right after this pick 13 straight QB's picked so I knew I was going to be reaching and screwed)
11 - C. Palmer
12 - D. Walker
13 - D. Parker
14 - NYG
15 - Some kicker from being forced too.

10 man leagues make it tough for me to judge but any suggestions?

People like this are still available:

RB's:
Duke Johnson
C.J. Prosise
Latavius Murray
Jonathan Williams
Aaron Ripkowski
DeAndre Washington
Matt Forte
James Conner
Jacquizz Rodgers
Rex Burkhead

WR's:
Decker
Coleman
R. Matthews
J. Matthews
J. Brown
T. Lockett
A. Thielen
M. Jones
K. Golladay
Maclin
R Anderson
C Davis

All of these are available should I try to pick up any sleepers or adjust in anyway?

I know 10 man is a crapshoot but my brain isn't working now so I'm turning to you guys for help.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Can someone please briefly walk me through using like two rounds of BeerSheets (so 2 picks in my snake draft)?

I believe a new one is supposed to come out today, but I'd be using the standard 10 man team 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex.

I imagine I'd just have to strikethrough the guys that have been picked by others and then myself. I'm just not sure I'd then know to pick a RB or WR or whatever next. How do I tell if the next RB is a way better value than the next WR?

And why are some players in gray?

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 30, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

drat I should have let someone draft for me. I was so tired I wasn't even marking people off on beer sheets thinking I had some sleepers since most I drafted against were idiots (10 man league 0 ppr - kickers started going in round 7)...

I butchered this draft up I think...

8th Pick:

1 - J. Jones
2 - M. Evans
3 - D. Cook
4 - K. Hunt
5 - TY Hilton
6 - D. Thomas
7 - A. Jeffery
8 - D. Martin
9 - J. Crowder
10 - L. Blount (right after this pick 13 straight QB's picked so I knew I was going to be reaching and screwed)
11 - C. Palmer
12 - D. Walker
13 - D. Parker
14 - NYG
15 - Some kicker from being forced too.

10 man leagues make it tough for me to judge but any suggestions?

People like this are still available:

RB's:
Duke Johnson
C.J. Prosise
Latavius Murray
Jonathan Williams
Aaron Ripkowski
DeAndre Washington
Matt Forte
James Conner
Jacquizz Rodgers
Rex Burkhead

WR's:
Decker
Coleman
R. Matthews
J. Matthews
J. Brown
T. Lockett
A. Thielen
M. Jones
K. Golladay
Maclin
R Anderson
C Davis

All of these are available should I try to pick up any sleepers or adjust in anyway?

I know 10 man is a crapshoot but my brain isn't working now so I'm turning to you guys for help.

Dump Blount for sure and replace him with Duke Johnson they're going to run him in the slot on 3 WR sets and he's a decent runner. At worst he gets you through a bye week with a respectable floor.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

Someone just dropped TWest, is he worth grabbing at all? I'd be dropping Jamaal Williams.

Yes.

And that one guy, don't dump Blount

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

don't dump Blount

Blount is truth. Truth is Blount. Truth is Philly can't run a goddamn gadget back every drat 3rd and 2

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dump Blount for sure and replace him with Duke Johnson they're going to run him in the slot on 3 WR sets and he's a decent runner. At worst he gets you through a bye week with a respectable floor.

Not in 0 PPR

Biggest problem I have with that team is Palmer as an every week starter. But AZ has a cupcake schedule to start, so it might work for awhile.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I feel like my team sucks. My RBs do (.5PPR)

QB: Mariota (8)
RB: C. Hyde (4), M. Ingram (5), M. Gilislee (7), S. Perine (9), T. West (10), D. Sproles (12), J. Williams (13)
WR: Nelson (1), AJ Green (2), D. Thomas (3), A. Robinson (6), D. Parker (11)
TE: J. Thomas (14)

Thoughts? Gonna be tough for me to swing a trade with these other owners being tightwads.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 30, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

I feel like my team sucks. My RBs do (.5PPR)

QB: Mariota (8)
RB: Hyde (4), Ingram (5), Gilislee (7), Perine (9), West (10), Sproles (12)
WR: Nelson (1), AJ Green (2), D. Thomas (3), A. Robinson (6), D. Parker (11)
TE: J. Thomas (14)

Thoughts?

Yeah your RBs are weak. WRs are fantastic. Don't like your TE at all.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

coronaball posted:

Not in 0 PPR

Biggest problem I have with that team is Palmer as an every week starter. But AZ has a cupcake schedule to start, so it might work for awhile.

Yah. One guy autodrafted with 1st pick and ended up with Ryan, Taylor, and Mariota (and 3 kickers lol) so might try to send something his way.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Yah. One guy autodrafted with 1st pick and ended up with Ryan, Taylor, and Mariota (and 3 kickers lol) so might try to send something his way.

I'd hold off and see if he drops one of those QBs.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Blount is truth. Truth is Blount. Truth is Philly can't run a goddamn gadget back every drat 3rd and 2

Seriously, think about it... Phillies Blounts... We could all have the same team name, and we could all achieve world fuckin' peace

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
And who better to lead us to peace than this guy:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

coronaball posted:

Not in 0 PPR

I'd still take Duke in standard over Blount. Philly is a 3 man committee at best and has no clue how to use him. Duke is a good slot man that occasionally runs. He'll finish the year with more combined yards than Blount will running.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

KingKapalone posted:

Can someone please briefly walk me through using like two rounds of BeerSheets (so 2 picks in my snake draft)?

I believe a new one is supposed to come out today, but I'd be using the standard 10 man team 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex.

I imagine I'd just have to strikethrough the guys that have been picked by others and then myself. I'm just not sure I'd then know to pick a RB or WR or whatever next. How do I tell if the next RB is a way better value than the next WR?

And why are some players in gray?

Yeah, take a pen and strike through guys that get picked. Of those left, look at the VAL column for value for your league. The guy with the highest number left is the one recommended. PS is Positional Scarcity. The lower this number is, the fewer guys are left at that position worth a drat. RNK is roughly where they're being taken in other drafts.

The grey/white divide is tiers. So some guys are in a tier all on their own, e.g. Rodgers. The next guy down is a drop off. The ones in the same tier are roughly comparable, so you can look at things like bye weeks, or if you're sentimental, someone you'd like to cheer for.

But VAL is the column you should be looking at the most. If it's your first pick, look at the highest VAL left on the board. If it's your second pick, you'll have a decision to make if it's the same position as the guy you just drafted - e.g., I take DJohnson with pick #1, and when #20 rolls around, the next highest VAL is another RB - while you should probably take the RB, some people will panic and take the next highest VAL WR because they don't want to have lovely WRs. But with 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex, don't stress too much about going RB RB early.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
This was my for-fun league in which I'm current reigning champ. The draft didn't really go my way, so I kinda swung for the fences. I picked 7th, and used a first round keeper on Julio. 10-man 0.5 ppr.

QB: Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers
RB: Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Rob Kelley, Matt Forte, Doug Martin, Alvin Kamara
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Jarvis Landry, Adam Thielen, Ted Ginn
TE: Greg Olsen
D: matchups

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Abugadu posted:

Yeah, take a pen and strike through guys that get picked. Of those left, look at the VAL column for value for your league. The guy with the highest number left is the one recommended. PS is Positional Scarcity. The lower this number is, the fewer guys are left at that position worth a drat. RNK is roughly where they're being taken in other drafts.

The grey/white divide is tiers. So some guys are in a tier all on their own, e.g. Rodgers. The next guy down is a drop off. The ones in the same tier are roughly comparable, so you can look at things like bye weeks, or if you're sentimental, someone you'd like to cheer for.

But VAL is the column you should be looking at the most. If it's your first pick, look at the highest VAL left on the board. If it's your second pick, you'll have a decision to make if it's the same position as the guy you just drafted - e.g., I take DJohnson with pick #1, and when #20 rolls around, the next highest VAL is another RB - while you should probably take the RB, some people will panic and take the next highest VAL WR because they don't want to have lovely WRs. But with 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex, don't stress too much about going RB RB early.

Ok so really nothing fancy beyond picking the one with the highest value.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

KingKapalone posted:

Ok so really nothing fancy beyond picking the one with the highest value.

That's not exactly true. You need to keep in mind ADP. You don't necessarily want to reach for the highest value guy if his ADP is 2 rounds after the current pick and can likely get him next round. Additionally, sometimes there will be players in different positions with similar values. In that case, you should use PS to break near ties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So I grabbed Forte late in my draft tonight and saw his note said that he was on the trade block and candidate for release?

From a fantasy standpoint what would be his best outcome? I know he's old and all but he can still be effective.

• Locked thread