Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

I think the weirdest takeaway from this was his idea that women don't have hobbies until they're too old for partying. I'd wager most women have hobbies. Many have had hobbies since childhood, even.

I have a suspicion that "sports club" is as far as his investigation of hobbies went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

this guy must be really off-putting somehow because in my experience caring for animals is like the biggest panty-dropper

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
See, a lot of the above is pretty reasonable stuff to feel frustrated and confused about, but also completely misses the point about why it's hard to figure out. It posits that there's some school of thought that everyone is putting forward, rather than a bunch of probably just as clueless people offering individual takes on things, and individual situations and responses. He's just following the advice of the last person he spoke to, apparently without thinking about the reasoning behind it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

this guy must be really off-putting somehow because in my experience caring for animals is like the biggest panty-dropper

"I volunteer with Dolphins with learning disabilities in my freetime" is basically a rocket ship to planet Fuckulon

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Complains about women forming "girls only" clubs.

Unironically uses the phrase "Bateman's Principal"

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

green chicken feet posted:

I think the weirdest takeaway from this was his idea that women don't have hobbies until they're too old for partying. I'd wager most women have hobbies. Many have had hobbies since childhood, even.

Those aren't real hobbies though.

Tendency is that the guys that know the fewest women are the actual experts on them.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

The Chad signature on the Chipotle receipt is a fine touch

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I'd love to see another GirlChat thread in GBS. I don't know what happened to the last one, but I really enjoyed seeing the world from the opposite sex's point of view.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I can't comprehend how creepy this guy must be to be playing an instrument and volunteering at an animal shelter and still not be loving.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Its almost like being interesting, not creepy, and not feeling entitled to only Date supermodels has been working out for that dude.
loving Chad.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Video Game Story-Telling class? Is that a real scholastic thing? Wait, no, never mind. I'm better off not knowing.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Mushika posted:

Video Game Story-Telling class? Is that a real scholastic thing? Wait, no, never mind. I'm better off not knowing.
I believe the idea would be creating stories to base video games around (aka plots) rather than telling stories about video games. In theory, I guess I understand why it would existt as it would be different than novels or scriptwriting, but I have to imagine tgis is the type of class that only gets taught at for profit schools that advertise "do you like playing video games, the learn how to design them.". Aka, the type of program that appeals to not that intellegent nerds who tbink being marginally good with computers and video games and no social skills mean they are misunderstood autists with 190 iqs.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
Are there any stories of guys getting out of inceldom? I don't mean losing their virginity so much as getting out of the whole Stacey and Chad mindset. Like, is there a former screaming incel conspiracy theorist who now has a loving girlfriend who he doesn't think is secretly getting gangbanged by chads while he's at work?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
They primarily or only value women for their appearance but they castigate women who do it to them. It's projection based on self-hate and feelings of inferiority, like talking bullshit about extroverted women for not having their intrinsically valuable introvert "hobbies" like gaming or soldering hobby kits. Women in their own lane are a no because 'Stacy' women are a prize meant for winners and they have something to prove to themselves and others.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What struck me about this whole long thing is the phrase "try their 50 step plan to get a girlfriend and fail".

Getting a girlfriend is not a beep boop do X Y and Z and then girlfriend appears beside you kind of deal! You have to find a girl that likes you, and that you like.

Also, they half arsedly try the good advice of joining a club, showering, smiling and saying hello to people etc. but they try it once, and then because a girlfriend didn't appear next to them, they chuck it away.

Anopther point is they don't realise that girls are people. This can't be stressed enough, even the ones that aren't "incel4life" and actively want to have a girlfriend, don't understand that a woman is allowed opinions of her own, and as a group these women may have several different opinions between them.

iloin siitin
Jul 23, 2017

BrigadierSensible posted:

Anopther point is they don't realise that girls are people. This can't be stressed enough, even the ones that aren't "incel4life" and actively want to have a girlfriend, don't understand that a woman is allowed opinions of her own, and as a group these women may have several different opinions between them.

THey're not interested in people, they don't have an innate drive towards socializing with other people and they don't see meeting people as having intrinsic value, rather they are driven towards theoretical stuff (seen in their overanalyzing of things), solitary hobbies, and social reclusion in general. The handful of people in their social circles outside of immediate family tend to be very similar-minded guys who share the same nerdy interests and introverted personality, or guys who they've basically known since early childhood. The only reason someone with this kind of personality would want to interact with someone they don't immediately click with would be purely instrumental (eg. teh pussay), otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to mingle with someone they either feel awkward towards or hold in contempt (as they seem to look down on "normies", eg. people who don't post delusional essays on reddit 16 hours a day). However, actually getting into a long-term relationship would require them to learn, at a relatively old age, how to meet and relate with other people, with all that feigned interest and shallow small-talk and forgettable people it involves. The pervasive myth of the introverted genius who sees through society's superficialness and refuses to "compromise his integrity" just makes it worse. And the myth that only stupid people are sociable... They'd be better off if they just forgot about real world and real sex and concentrated on Living On The Internet With Anime Waifus

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

MettleRamiel posted:

Are there any stories of guys getting out of inceldom? I don't mean losing their virginity so much as getting out of the whole Stacey and Chad mindset. Like, is there a former screaming incel conspiracy theorist who now has a loving girlfriend who he doesn't think is secretly getting gangbanged by chads while he's at work?
Yes, r/inceltears gets them regularly.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Is this Robert Crumb?

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

This comic is brilliant in its simplicity. There should be a bot to autoreply this to every post on r/incels.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

If only he wasn't born fat.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

green chicken feet posted:

This comic is brilliant in its simplicity. There should be a bot to autoreply this to every post on r/incels.

But looks isnt their primary issue

Tons of incels post their photos and it turns out many of them just look like normal dudes. They're not ugly, they're not freaks.

They're just mentally ill

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
It's really notable how many of the symptoms come down to having taken "if you aren't getting what you want socially, the problem is you" to heart.

Look at the beliefs resulting:
a) the 50 step program thing ("I have to fix all the problems then I'll get what I want")

b) unrealistic expectations because "what you want" is so easily Peter Principled ("if I'm not banging the prom queen who I got into anime cosplay then I'm not getting exactly what I want so there are still problems with me")

c) so called entitlement ("it must be possible to fix all my problems and since these are identified by not getting what I want from others, everything I want socially must be available to me somehow")

d) projection of the same rule onto others ("anyone who gets or appears to get what they want socially must not have any problems")

Definitely a case where well meaning advice does more harm than good.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Palpek posted:

If only he wasn't born fat.

Body hair isn't great to be honest, he can have mine

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Captain Yossarian posted:

Body hair isn't great to be honest, he can have mine

I was gonna say, most shirtless models don't have chest hair (neither do I, ladies :smug:)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i love how they envy male models when every model dude i've met was either miserable, a cokehead, gay or a combination of all three.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

well why not posted:

i love how they envy male models when every model dude i've met was either miserable, a cokehead, gay or a combination of all three.

That is surprising, did you find out why?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They're just normal dudes who are lightly forced to adhere to a low-cal diet, workout all the time and work really intermittently in places where drugs are very easy to come by. Coke lets you basically skip meals and snort yourself skinny. It's a pretty non-enviable job tbh. It doesn't go 9-5, it's basically constantly affecting your life if you're a serious high-fashion model. A lot of people will tell you, modelling is not a career, it's a job you get for a few years before you have a breakdown.

It's probably easier for regular clothing or fitness dudes.

well why not fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 30, 2017

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I was gonna say, most shirtless models don't have chest hair (neither do I, ladies :smug:)

People say I look like Ron Jeremy, because I'm fat hairy and disgusting

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

Islam is the only religion that understands women
I'm done of hearing bullshit from the media everyday without then knowing what they're truly talking about. No one talks about Judasim and how it hates women, because of course, we all know the Jewish propaganda in the media. I'll discuss the points which the media accusing Islam of and explain them.

It's justified in Islam to hit women and oppress them.
It's justified in two cases.
1- If your wife cheated on you with another man (Chad)
2- If your wife doesn't want to have sex with you for a long time and FOR NO REASON (beta cucks)

Islam Oppresses women because it forces them to wear Hijab and Burka
Burka is not a commitment, it's a choice, but Hijab is. You may think that it's unfair to women, but literally everything in women makes men horny. And due to men having higher testosterone, their sex drives is far much higher than women. And women can't understand logic, if you gave them much freedom, they would ruin it. Just take a look at the west and how women are constantly wearing extremely slutty cloths with no shame because there're no consequences.

Islam is unfair because men can marry 4 women, but women can't marry 4 men
To marry 4 women there must be some conditions. First, your wife must approve of the marriage, second you have to be rich to be able to provide for all of them, third you can't have a favorite one amongst them and ignore the others.
Men are naturally competitors and women are choosers, it's a simple biology. If a woman married 3 or 4 men, she would be a cum dumpster, thus losing her value. And back in the day when there was no technology, you couldn't have known which one is the kid's father and that would have created conflicts between people. Just think about it. Do you accept to marry a woman who has multiple partners ? But women sometimes accept to marry a man if he fucks another women. Of course, if he is a chad or rich.

Islam is unfair to women because they can't rule a country
95% of the countries in the west are ruled by men, and the reason for that is obvious. WOMEN DON'T UNDERSTAND LOGIC. They always think with their emotions and instincts instead of their brains, and that would be a huge risk to take when you have millions of people living in one country. Just one emotional, blind, stupid decision and their lives could be ruined.

Islam is the only religion that really understands women and their nature, and it's not oppressive in anyway possible to women. Just take a look at the west. Women are ruining the western civilization because there's nothing to control them and their actions. Remember, the redpill, the bluepill, MGTOW, feminism, all of them started in the west because of women there.

If you have anything to disprove any of my points, just discuss it and i shall respond.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

hyphz posted:

It's really notable how many of the symptoms come down to having taken "if you aren't getting what you want socially, the problem is you" to heart.

Definitely a case where well meaning advice does more harm than good.

The "problem" is that we do not inhabit a deterministic social world, or at least not one whose patterns of causality can be easily deciphered. All you can do is try, and try again. You can do everything "right" and still not get that job/promotion/friend/girl/whatever. "If you aren't getting what you want socially, the problem is you" is correct in so far as your thoughts and action are the only things you have any real control over. You have to do your best, we all have to, despite success not being guaranteed in any way. The rest is not up to you. The Stoics of classical antiquity got it more than 2000 years ago. They say that virtue is sufficient for happiness, because all you really have control over is your own thoughts and actions. Be happy and satisfied knowing that you have done right and done your best is the only path to happiness that is entirely within your own grasp. We fault incels because so many of them are not even making the slightest effort, but instead blame everything and everyone else. Well tough. That's just how the world is.

But then I feel we have been over this already.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

china bot posted:

95% of the countries in the west are ruled by men, and the reason for that is obvious. WOMEN DON'T UNDERSTAND LOGIC. They always think with their emotions and instincts instead of their brains, and that would be a huge risk to take when you have millions of people living in one country. Just one emotional, blind, stupid decision and their lives could be ruined.

Good thing that the US didn't elect a president who is solely ruled by emotions and instincts then. Good thing that 53% of the men didn't' vote for a candidate who has been proven time and time again as a pathological liar and an unashamed bigot, with no governmental, legislative, or diplomatic experience what-so-ever, and an abysmal business record. Phew, thank god for men eh?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Shanghaied posted:

Good thing that the US didn't elect a president who is solely ruled by emotions and instincts then. Good thing that 53% of the men didn't' vote for a candidate who has been proven time and time again as a pathological liar and an unashamed bigot, with no governmental, legislative, or diplomatic experience what-so-ever, and an abysmal business record. Phew, thank god for men eh?

"Men are wholly controlled by their dicks and by testosterone, which is why women must be prevented from tempting them, but also men are the only wholly logical sex because women have hormones and uncontrolled emotions" said a person who thought they were making a coherent argument.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

But looks isnt their primary issue

Tons of incels post their photos and it turns out many of them just look like normal dudes. They're not ugly, they're not freaks.

They're just mentally ill

This is probably more true moreso for the ones who post their photos and seem to have a form of body dysmorphic disorder.

But one of the main common threads in r/incels is that the majority of them, regardless of whether they think they are ugly or not, seem to believe they deserve a physically gorgeous woman and won't settle for anything less. They don't seem to care about personality - aside from that she should be a submissive virgin (if those count as personality traits).

I don't think I've ever seen one wishing for an intelligent girl and saying "It's OK if she's not great-looking; I just want someone to have a good conversation with".

That's why I like that comic so much.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Oddly the dudes I've met who slammed the most puss were kinda ugly. It's definitely not a deal breaker for a lot of women.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

HazCat posted:

"Men are wholly controlled by their dicks and by testosterone, which is why women must be prevented from tempting them, but also men are the only wholly logical sex because women have hormones and uncontrolled emotions" said a person who thought they were making a coherent argument.

Testosterone is logical :biotruths:, oestrogen is primitive beastly instincts. What's not to get?

quote:

Daily Reminder: The only years that matter are those between ages 15-22

And all we did in these years was rot alone in out rooms. We missed out teenage love and university sex. These two are IRREPLACABLE experiences that contribute to the development of a healthy mental and emotional state. While girls in their 20s try to have as much sex as posssible we were deemed inadequate because we didn't cut it lookswise. If you didn't have sex as a university student then you NEVER will. As time goes by, females raise their standards and by the age of 25 they only go for 10/10 guys.

Life ends after 22. From that point and on it's just repeating cycle. Home, work, home , work every day over and over again. At the same time, Chad is trying out different things with his girlfriend and goes to trips all around the world. Male models make money just by doing photoshoots and spend most of the time banging prime fembots. What does an incel do? ROT. Whether he is at work or at home he is decaying mentally and physically due to his inferior genetic composistion.

Morevoer, if you didn't have any school or college sex binges then you will be weird in the eyes of others. Such experiences are necessary to be socially integrated and accepted by Normies. A 20+ year old virgin is an abominaton to people's eyes.

quote:

This. Life is pointless after 22. By 22 most femoids are over fun since they've been doing it since middle school. These are the years that human beings experiment with travelling the world, loving different partners, taking amazing group photos for their social media, creating memories and have the most fun with the least responsibilities, then after this they get into loving serious long term relationships that they can post about on reddit 24/7 look what my gf did Reddit, she flushed the toiled after taking a piss.

Meanwhile truecels rot inside piss scented box rooms with their narrow faces and bug eyes glued to the screen playing and replaying dark souls 1-3 for eternity as even the most punishing video game is an escape compared to their real life.

quote:

Most Chads don't work desk jobs and they usually gently caress well into their late 30s

quote:

After 22 its all just downhill. Get a job, earn money, work 9-5 5 days a week, get a car and hope to dear loving christ some roastie picks you to settle down with when she gets tired of being a single mother to chad's abandoned offspring

quote:

I'm going to be completely honest - I'd rather remain a dateless virgin than go out with single mothers. They've already made their beds in previous relationships. It's time they reflected on their mistakes and not put them onto men such as myself who were ignored by them the first time round. It's time karma was delivered. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but we also have problems of our own that aren't taken seriously and have been laughed about for years...

quote:

idk if they put the kid up for adoption I'd still date her

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Shanghaied posted:

The "problem" is that we do not inhabit a deterministic social world, or at least not one whose patterns of causality can be easily deciphered. All you can do is try, and try again. You can do everything "right" and still not get that job/promotion/friend/girl/whatever. "If you aren't getting what you want socially, the problem is you" is correct in so far as your thoughts and action are the only things you have any real control over. You have to do your best, we all have to, despite success not being guaranteed in any way. The rest is not up to you. The Stoics of classical antiquity got it more than 2000 years ago. They say that virtue is sufficient for happiness, because all you really have control over is your own thoughts and actions. Be happy and satisfied knowing that you have done right and done your best is the only path to happiness that is entirely within your own grasp. We fault incels because so many of them are not even making the slightest effort, but instead blame everything and everyone else. Well tough. That's just how the world is.

But then I feel we have been over this already.

Exactly. It's all true. But it's so often misrepresented by people giving advice. I looked on r/inceltears and there was someone asking for advice, and someone replied with "if you try enough you will have friends and a girlfriend.." etc. Someone replied to that with "shouldn't you say he _might_ have those things because there are no guarantees?" That was voted into the negatives!

I'm not saying anything you've said is wrong, just that it's damagingly misrepresented. And trained psychologists do know that there is more to helping a person prone to mental illness than just stating the truth.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

well why not posted:

Oddly the dudes I've met who slammed the most puss were kinda ugly. It's definitely not a deal breaker for a lot of women.
Every now and then somebody posts a photo of Casey Neistat in the incel subreddit and it completely breaks their brains, they utterly don't know now how to compute his success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Mod edit: Inline NWS materials removed.

Chad is awesome, he bought a Lambo just so that he can fire betacuck and then race to his house and gently caress his wife before the cuck gets back. It's like watching Bryan Habana during the 2007 Rugby World Cup final, when he kicked the ball half way across the pitch and then ran forward and picked up the ball before anyone else could.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread