Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I think what happened was the beginning had Seth off the mic a lot so he just faded it in longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!
Episode 235 popped up in my feed with yesterday's date. Can anyone tell me what the gently caress?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

MasonReese posted:

Episode 235 popped up in my feed with yesterday's date. Can anyone tell me what the gently caress?

Hah, thought it felt dated, still good!

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Last two EPs were real strong efforts IMHO. Amazing how this show delivers year after year.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
I didn't realize Jonathan had been going through such a bad time. Also, I guess he's divorced again?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

He's an alcoholic and he was drinking again so

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

KMART THE MOVIE posted:

I didn't realize Jonathan had been going through such a bad time. Also, I guess he's divorced again?

Yeah he's divorced again :(

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
drat, that sucks. I'll show him my appreceation for his work on the voicemail.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Got my new shirt and stickers in the mail yesterday. Kind of wish they would have put the stickers in between two pieces of cardboard. They're a little bent up but not like folded or anything.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Oh what the heck there are two new Seth Clips volumes up

https://vimeo.com/229754542

https://vimeo.com/173867444

e: nevermind, just one new one looks like

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 22, 2017

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
It's the last one 😭

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

crimedog posted:

It's the last one 😭

holy crap I forgot about seth clips entirely

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

crimedog posted:

It's the last one 😭

This one is extremely good though.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

This one is extremely good though.

Man I watched way too much TV in college. I have seen WAY too many of these before.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

inferis posted:

He's an alcoholic and he was drinking again so

Other than that massive break he took, hasn't Jonathan always occasionally had a drink every so often?

Or do you mean like, he was drinking?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If you're an alcoholic there isn't really a difference. That's sort of the definition.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

"That's Mr. Johnson's Johnson to you."

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The SF show was one of the best I've been to. Jonathan seemed so happy to be there and the crowd wasn't annoying at all.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

How was his performance?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Beastie posted:

How was his performance?

I'm actually at that part in the episode now, it's dece

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

What ep is it where Seth talks about his routine if he was a cop 'EVERYBODY. SHUT THE gently caress UP'? Also is that the same ep as his jury duty story? Cuz that's gold too

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
It was actually really good. Both of them.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Seth just called me and congratulated me on surviving Hurricane Harvey :cool: I've been holed up in my apartment with my puppy for like 5 days so that was nice

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Caper posted:

Seth just called me and congratulated me on surviving Hurricane Harvey :cool: I've been holed up in my apartment with my puppy for like 5 days so that was nice

Shave your goatee and get rid of that silly knit cap.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

n8r posted:

Shave your goatee and get rid of that silly knit cap.

Bahaha! I've trimmed it and yah I've ditched that hat...

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Seth's jury duty story is ep 486 @ ~1:02:00 if anyone else cared. I'm just going through starred episodes. This one's golden

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Beastie posted:

How was his performance?

It was thoughtful. Maybe a little unpolished but his heart was in it and he was having a good time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Anyone else fall out on this show really hard? UYD was mandatory listening for me for years and now I've got like a 15 episode backlog or whatever and I missed a bunch of shows in bursts before that as well. I feel like a lot of the joy and spontaneity has been sucked out of the show and that seth and jonathan have their guards up more than ever. Part of that I believe is due to a weird and increasingly vocal fanbase that is ready to jump down their throats for any perceived slight or "off color" comment (you even see that in this thread). Every episode is kind of "everything sucks" now and it's getting tired. I've already voiced my opinion on seths increasing rants and how they feel canned but the fact remains with that imo. It's a serious bummer because this was my favorite piece of media for a long time and now I've just moved on in a sense. Listening to earlier episodes the difference is just stark. It's not merely nostalgia, the tone of the show has shifted. If where seth and jonathan are at in their lives is what's informing the current podcast that's fine, I'm not going to request them to play the jester for me but it's a bummer.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Seltzer posted:

Anyone else fall out on this show really hard? UYD was mandatory listening for me for years and now I've got like a 15 episode backlog or whatever and I missed a bunch of shows in bursts before that as well. I feel like a lot of the joy and spontaneity has been sucked out of the show and that seth and jonathan have their guards up more than ever. Part of that I believe is due to a weird and increasingly vocal fanbase that is ready to jump down their throats for any perceived slight or "off color" comment (you even see that in this thread). Every episode is kind of "everything sucks" now and it's getting tired. I've already voiced my opinion on seths increasing rants and how they feel canned but the fact remains with that imo. It's a serious bummer because this was my favorite piece of media for a long time and now I've just moved on in a sense. Listening to earlier episodes the difference is just stark. It's not merely nostalgia, the tone of the show has shifted. If where seth and jonathan are at in their lives is what's informing the current podcast that's fine, I'm not going to request them to play the jester for me but it's a bummer.

nah

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ok good to hear you're still enjoying it. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m enjoying it way more now than the first half of the year, which I felt was off.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

I guess I can see and agree somewhat with what you say, but one thing I like with UYD is the changes they've they've been through and how the show changes with time. It's a nice thing. If they could just close all the facebook pages and poo poo and only leave the voicemail open, I think it would be better for them too. I couldn't imagine myself having to go through everyday reading negative comments about what I say or do only because i've used the wrong words on a podcast trying ot make people laugh.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Odddzy posted:

I guess I can see and agree somewhat with what you say, but one thing I like with UYD is the changes they've they've been through and how the show changes with time. It's a nice thing. If they could just close all the facebook pages and poo poo and only leave the voicemail open, I think it would be better for them too. I couldn't imagine myself having to go through everyday reading negative comments about what I say or do only because i've used the wrong words on a podcast trying ot make people laugh.

Yea I'd imagine the voicemail is much more positive. I've only called about three times but each time Seth was awesome. I got a voicemail about the Chinese football league (which i had watched on tv and left a message about) that segued into how much the cowboys sucked and it felt like I received a small personal part of the show.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I kinda felt that way for a stretch a while ago and I know some others here did but I've circled back into the 500s as I just keep going through UYD when I don't have anything else to listen to and I can't even tell when that moment was on the second listen. There's definitely spots in episodes where it turns into Seth rants while Jonathan chuckles too much but it's not a whole sour six months like I remembered it being.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Seltzer posted:

They've been doing a podcast for almost 600 episodes and about 9 years. I'm not aware of anything other than radio shows that have lasted as long. They couldn't possibly stay exactly the same.

On top of that, think how drastically the world has changed in those years, hell the last two years.

Feel free to go back and listen to episodes 1-400 if you feel like they peaked. I know they have changed but fundamentally they are the same, and now they can actually make money without having to advertise.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agree with other people that the show has always been great, but I'm definitely feeling the current eps more than the ones, say, 50 - 100 eps ago. I still don't know if they really need two episodes a week, but think they're now filling them both more comfortably than they were.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I feel the show has been really strong lately, but that's my opinion. For some reason I noticed as they turn over into a new hundredth episode stretch (X75-X00) the show is just really strong to me.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think the quality started to dip a little right when they started the Patreon which was such a weird time for that to happen, but it was still enjoyable. The guys should be proud of producing something that has been so great for such a remarkable amount of time!

The only eps I truly didn't like were the ones they did over Skype (maybe it was just once?) and for a stretch of episodes they had some really bad problems with their mics that made it unlistenable

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Seltzer posted:

I'm 30+ behind at the moment, but that happens every now and then. When I fell off this time around it was during one of Jonathan's treating the podcast like a chore moods. Like anything that runs for as long as this podcast, it's going to have its ups and downs, and that'll be different for each person. I will still go back to the early 400s as a big up period for me.

Right now my main 'daily' listen podcasts are Chapo, Cum Town, Street Fight Radio, and Friends at the Table and I suppose Cum Town is the one that occupies the space closest to where UYD does. That sort of easy to listen to, no specific topic podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
...Cum Town?