Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does one have to go to a special shop to get underpants in that size? Do you have to have them specially made?

I personally am not a small or skinny man, (I wear size XL), but even in Target and Myer etc. I get freaked out by the size of the 4XL and 5XL T-Shirts and pants.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to shop for clothes if you are this size. And also if you are this size, how did you allow yourself to getthere? Surely there was a point where you said "Well, I can't find undies to fit me in normal shops any more, better cut down on the donuts and mountain dew."

No no he just has big stomach bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Does one have to go to a special shop to get underpants in that size? Do you have to have them specially made?

I personally am not a small or skinny man, (I wear size XL), but even in Target and Myer etc. I get freaked out by the size of the 4XL and 5XL T-Shirts and pants.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to shop for clothes if you are this size. And also if you are this size, how did you allow yourself to getthere? Surely there was a point where you said "Well, I can't find undies to fit me in normal shops any more, better cut down on the donuts and mountain dew."

It's a mental health issue at this point. See also the people who sit down on a couch and then never get up again for years until they die; their skin woven into the fibers.

There are two decisions that are made: the decision not to get up to take that first poo poo, and the decision that it's not worth cleaning up after. When you're over that hill, it's easy to keep going.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unless you're one of the relatively few people who legitimately have a disorder that causes massive weight gain, laziness. Exercise is hard and often exhausting (especially when you're at such a poor level of fitness that even going up a flight of stairs hurts), and a lot of people just choose to take the easy road and sit around.

The "fat positive" community is also made up of a lot of relatively young people who are unhealthily overweight but don't feel any negative effects yet because they're still young. They don't realize that the actual problem is going to be when they're in their 30s, 40s, and onward and their bodies start shutting down and all of their limbs stop working right.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

It's a mental health issue at this point. See also the people who sit down on a couch and then never get up again for years until they die; their skin woven into the fibers.

There are two decisions that are made: the decision not to get up to take that first poo poo, and the decision that it's not worth cleaning up after. When you're over that hill, it's easy to keep going.

This is probably a weird question, but when someone gets stuck to the couch but keeps living for years, where does all the poop go?

Poop has mass... a significant amount of mass when added up day after day, especially for an obese person eating untold quantities of food. If it piled up under them, eventually they would be sitting on a mountain of poop instead of a couch.

So does someone cut a hole in the couch and put a bedpan underneath? I guess whoever is enabling the couch-stuck person to continue eating could also do that. But they would have to do it preemptively before the person got stuck, wouldn't they, with the understanding that the person had the intention of now using the couch as permanent resting place and toilet?

So many questions I don't think I even want to know the answers to... but I can't help but wonder.

As a final horrible question, since the person can't be cleaned, wouldn’t their flesh start decaying, getting flies laying eggs on them and such, while they are still alive, because they are covered in fecal matter?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

oh fuuuuuuck :five:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

green chicken feet posted:

This is probably a weird question, but when someone gets stuck to the couch but keeps living for years, where does all the poop go?

Poop has mass... a significant amount of mass when added up day after day, especially for an obese person eating untold quantities of food. If it piled up under them, eventually they would be sitting on a mountain of poop instead of a couch.

So does someone cut a hole in the couch and put a bedpan underneath? I guess whoever is enabling the couch-stuck person to continue eating could also do that. But they would have to do it preemptively before the person got stuck, wouldn't they, with the understanding that the person had the intention of now using the couch as permanent resting place and toilet?

So many questions I don't think I even want to know the answers to... but I can't help but wonder.

As a final horrible question, since the person can't be cleaned, wouldn’t their flesh start decaying, getting flies laying eggs on them and such, while they are still alive, because they are covered in fecal matter?

You usually have a caregiver, who will roll/clean you.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I tried to google this but it's not so easy anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWYCg62zaOA

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

If you google "fat person who got stuck to chair" you will find out more than you wanted to know.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

If you google "fat person who got stuck to chair" you will find out more than you wanted to know.

Nice way to get views on your diary blog.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371640/Morbidly-obese-man-fused-chair-sat-years-dies-hospital.html

quote:

He insisted that his girlfriend feed him food and soft drinks.
Friends of the 43 year old said he had complained about arthritis in his knees and every time he tried to move he was in too much pain.
One friend said: 'I tried to suggest him going to the hospital and getting his legs checked out, but he wouldn't do it.
'He said he didn't like doctors. So you can't force somebody to do something that they don't want to do.'

You can literally only force someone to do something that they don't want to do.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nice way to get views on your diary blog.

Breetai posted:

There are two decisions that are made: the decision not to get up to take that first poo poo, and the decision that it's not worth cleaning up after.

I weigh 190, and I struggle with this decision at work every day, if only for the potential web-notoriety.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is the "Why Steam was invented" meme photograph goon still around?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

but he looks so happy.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

You usually have a caregiver, who will roll/clean you.

If they are stuck to the couch, though, then that means they are beyond the point of being able to be rolled/cleaned.

text me a vag pic posted:

I tried to google this but it's not so easy anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWYCg62zaOA

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Not so sure I want to go down this rabbit maggot hole...

Welp, this answers my question about the flies.

Seriously, I think the people who enable this (by this, I mean facilitate the other person's easily foreseeable death) should face charges of some sort. I don't know... I'm not a lawyer...

But what they're doing is like giving peanuts to someone that you know has a deadly allergic reaction to nuts. It will kill them and it's obvious that is the end result. It doesn't matter how much they complain that they want peanuts. Ethically, someone shouldn't be allowed to help another person commit suicide.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

But what they're doing is like giving peanuts to someone that you know has a deadly allergic reaction to nuts. It will kill them and it's obvious that is the end result. It doesn't matter how much they complain that they want peanuts. Ethically, someone shouldn't be allowed to help another person commit suicide.

I kind of have to agree. If someone is fused to a chair, at that point, helping them stay in that situation is pretty hosed up. Also, that story: :smith:

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

The "fat positive" community is also made up of a lot of relatively young people who are unhealthily overweight but don't feel any negative effects yet because they're still young. They don't realize that the actual problem is going to be when they're in their 30s, 40s, and onward and their bodies start shutting down and all of their limbs stop working right.

I've got a friend who has a very fat girlfriend, under 5'6" and at least 350lbs. She's in the age group you mentioned, late 20s ish. She is is the extreme of the "body positivity" thing, there is nothing wrong with being that large and, in fact, there is something wrong with you for thinking that. Her doctors, as well as any other doctors she has seen, as well as her fat friends' doctors, are idiots for thinking that problems she has are weight related, and the doctors needs to look past her weight to properly diagnose her issues. If something is awkward or difficult because of her size, it is her employer's responsibility to accommodate her, and if they do not, they are discriminating. When some store had a "plus sized" model that was size 18, it was insulting, because that's not what a real "plus sized" woman looks like. If a store doesn't carry her size, they are discriminating.

So why would a person stop eating just because they passed the 3x size that store generally carry? That is a perfectly healthy and normal size to be, and you are an ignorant person for thinking otherwise.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Nah, it's very much 'Awg!' for me. Maybe the G isn't as pronounced, because that means it's also almost an "AUGHHHHHHHGGGGG", with a soft, gutteral, groan at the end. That's what nearly all of these posts illicit.

Same

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

It backs up and bursts out of the chest.

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007

in Target and Myer...4XL and 5XL T-Shirts and pants.

that's where they go

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I am a 6'1" man and I have to buy small size shirts from Walmart because they offset their sizes by at least one to account for the fact that their clientele are, on average, huge as gently caress.

Edit: these were skin tight athletic shirts, too. I got two and they still feel kind of big on me.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I don't have any AUG to post, but just wondering if anyone else pronounces AUG like "AGG!" and says it whenever they open this thread. Because I do that.

Org as in organise.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
If you don't believe in eugenics you've obviously never met me irl

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

om nom nom posted:

So why would a person stop eating just because they passed the 3x size that store generally carry? That is a perfectly healthy and normal size to be, and you are an ignorant person for thinking otherwise.

Of course she's perfectly healthy. You only have to look at all the morbidly obese 90 year-olds and olympic athletes to - oh wait

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
if it wasn't normal then why would they make clothes that fit people that big?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sludge Tank posted:

if it wasn't normal then why would they make clothes that fit people that big?

Do you want to see them naked?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Don't kinkshame me pls

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zipperelli. posted:

Do you want to see them naked?

Are you offering?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Screaming Idiot posted:

Are you offering?

:heysexy:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Randaconda posted:

i ain't never bled from my cockmeat, and if i i did, i would go to the hospital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schistosomiasis

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Heath posted:

I am a 6'1" man and I have to buy small size shirts from Walmart because they offset their sizes by at least one to account for the fact that their clientele are, on average, huge as gently caress.

Edit: these were skin tight athletic shirts, too. I got two and they still feel kind of big on me.

I'm 5'7" and a little chubby. My brother got me a T-Shirt as a birthday present and ordered it from America.

It was XL and it was monstrously huge on me.

Sizing is weird.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

om nom nom posted:

I've got a friend who has a very fat girlfriend, under 5'6" and at least 350lbs. She's in the age group you mentioned, late 20s ish. She is is the extreme of the "body positivity" thing, there is nothing wrong with being that large and, in fact, there is something wrong with you for thinking that. Her doctors, as well as any other doctors she has seen, as well as her fat friends' doctors, are idiots for thinking that problems she has are weight related, and the doctors needs to look past her weight to properly diagnose her issues. If something is awkward or difficult because of her size, it is her employer's responsibility to accommodate her, and if they do not, they are discriminating. When some store had a "plus sized" model that was size 18, it was insulting, because that's not what a real "plus sized" woman looks like. If a store doesn't carry her size, they are discriminating.

I think I'm in a fairly interesting position regarding this sort of stuff- I'm recovering from it. For a long time I believed, wholeheartedly, that you could be healthy at any size, that every body was beautiful, et cetera. I believed with every fibre of my being that it was better to die young and happy with a mouthful of cake than die trying to run a marathon. And I believed it because I was a fat gently caress and I needed to believe it in order to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not realise what I was doing. My girlfriend at the time was also significantly heavy. By all accounts, she still is. Let's just say she was not helpful and leave it at that.

I did not have a great start to this whole thing. I was convinced by my American school that I was an out-of-shape loser because my short, lovely nerves mean that I can't touch my toes with my knees locked- a slight bend and I can drat near get my palms on the floor. I was also the slow kid in my year, which just sort of cemented the whole thing for me. I thought I was just an unfuckable loser, then I found this HAES poo poo, and I began to believe that I was a beautiful outcast whose wonderful charms were just lost on the sheeple. Two unstable long-term relationships and a year of not being happy were enough to get me to hit the gym and actually track my caloric intake. At my heaviest, a year ago, I was a 6'0, 130kg, nearly 300 pound humanoid pudding. I'm now down to a fairly strong-lookin' 108 / 235 and working on getting rid of those last 8 by the end of the year. I'm still obese on the BMI scale, and my current goal weight is still overweight, and I'm definitely still a husky chubster- those things are all true- but I've lost something like 8 inches off my waistline and every fuckin' week I'm finding some new health benefit or little measure to be proud of. I can wear skinny-cut jeans and not look any more stupid than anyone else. My shirt size is down from XXL being tight to L fitting nicely (and those are New Zealand sizes, not American ones). It's been the best thing I've ever done with my life.

The main problem with the HAES / Fat Is Beautiful poo poo is that it can really encourage people to see themselves as being fit and healthy and beautiful when they're really not. It's entirely true that you can be a fit person and be a fat person at the same time, but it is not true that you can sit on your rear end all day and eat cookies by the packet and be a fit person. But that body positivity poo poo can prevent you from seeing the real you in the mirror. It can convince you that your body is just your body and you're stuck with it and nothing you do will ever change it so why bother just have another fuckin' packet of biscuits. And it can do all that at a really bad point in a person's life. I wasted my early twenties believing that I was okay, which is time I could have spent making myself okay. Now I'm having to make up for a lot of lost time.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Aug 30, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm 5'7" and a little chubby. My brother got me a T-Shirt as a birthday present and ordered it from America.

It was XL and it was monstrously huge on me.

Sizing is weird.

An American X is like 1½ Northern European Xs or 2 Southern European Xs.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Sludge Tank posted:

If you don't believe in eugenics you've obviously never met me irl
Holy poo poo

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mods, change my name to smaller fat privilege, tia.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

I kind of have to agree. If someone is fused to a chair, at that point, helping them stay in that situation is pretty hosed up. Also, that story: :smith:

Yeah... a terrible fate to imagine. And there were two other people living in the home completely aware of what was going on. At least one of them was metaphorically throwing fuel on the fire and the other one was standing by and watching it happen every day.

Every time I read a story like that I think it never should have happened because it never could have happened without the secondary person, which must mean there is some form of culpability.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Somfin posted:

words

Serious congrats on taking charge of your health and making those changes. Healthy weight loss is hard but must be even harder when you're surrounded by messages that you're somehow being untrue to yourself by losing weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Impressive composition

• Locked thread