Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the best part is the guy legit thinking about what to report him for and then deciding 'cheating' was an accurate descriptor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishDeterminedTireTheTarFu

Chocotaco solo drops at the shooting range in a squad game. Drops entire squad. Dude is just on another level, god drat.
and a game or two later

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedOnerousTermiteDeIlluminati

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
the last twenty minutes or so of choco dropping solo in squads have been exactly the sort of ridiculousness that PUBG is made for

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

From that gun-range opposing squads perspective - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170823634?t=05h49m31s (thanks reddit)

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
So kinda strat talk follow up from choco's chat that qmass started answering before the stream ended. Is loot grouped in any way? So for example you'll generally find a gun and its ammo together. So often you'll walk into a room to see a shotgun and shells together. Can something which doesn't go, be with them? So can you see for example, shotgun, shells, and a flash hider? Or would the flash hider always be in another room?

Asking because choco was looking for a scope, walked into a room with a shotgun, and didn't check for the scope, he just saw the shotgun and left. So either 1) he's comfortable enough identifying a scope by sight or 2) what I'm asking is true. I know #1 is more likely but if #2 is what's happening it'd be nice to stop tabbing over every single cluster of equipment if it can't contain loot for my weapon.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so long as you're not doing phat jumps and hitting tiny bumps that immediately stop your car and murder everyone inside the driving in this game is pretty solid. Drifting around corners and poo poo just feels right.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

So either 1) he's comfortable enough identifying a scope by sight or 2) what I'm asking is true. I know #1 is more likely but if #2 is what's happening it'd be nice to stop tabbing over every single cluster of equipment if it can't contain loot for my weapon.

Its probably 1, you can find all sorts of poo poo stacked together, but guns NORMALLY spawn with at least one stack of ammo. You can definitely see shotgun shells and flash hider all on top of each other, loot with tab.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
guns 100% always spawn with ammo. it's one of those things you can use to tell us something's been looted. watch out for ammo stuck in walls.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Qmass posted:

From that gun-range opposing squads perspective - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170823634?t=05h49m31s (thanks reddit)

charges guy with shotgun

LAG MORE THIS IS BULLSHIT

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Is loot grouped in any way? So for example you'll generally find a gun and its ammo together. So often you'll walk into a room to see a shotgun and shells together. Can something which doesn't go, be with them? So can you see for example, shotgun, shells, and a flash hider? Or would the flash hider always be in another room?

Asking because choco was looking for a scope, walked into a room with a shotgun, and didn't check for the scope, he just saw the shotgun and left. So either 1) he's comfortable enough identifying a scope by sight or 2) what I'm asking is true. I know #1 is more likely but if #2 is what's happening it'd be nice to stop tabbing over every single cluster of equipment if it can't contain loot for my weapon.

Guns always spawn with ammo for that gun, but other stuff (clothes, armor, accessories, etc.) can also spawn on the same place. If you see a gun with no ammo, it's been looted. Sometimes ammo spawns with no gun, but I've only really noticed it happening with random single boxes of 5.56.

Houses also have pre-set loot layouts so if you know where those are in each room and can see that spot in the room, you're seeing everything in that room. In your example, Chocotaco a) can identify a 4x by sight and b) saw only the shotgun on the loot spot for that room, so he knew there was no reason to enter the room to keep looking.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The part I like most is the "I need 4 shots to kill someone with the saiga."

I suck at shooting and I only need 2 most of the time.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i don't know what his game plan was anyways by jumping around a corner against a guy with an S12K

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I really want them to start tracking FPP stats. It's so much superior to 3PP and I give a shot about seeing my mmr and all that.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man the end of the season is pretty thrilling. People play really hard during these last few days. Lots of unfortunate losses but it's a great feeling, this game is awesome.

Shima Honnou posted:

North end of the island doesn't see a lot of people dropping on it so it gets wacky with people heading up there trying to get free loot. I like landing Zharki pretty much just to gently caress with the guys who drive all the way up there, it basically turns into Home Alone.

Yeah, my immediate reaction was that I should take the advantage that I got there first. Which I did, and then I fell through the ground. :negative:

succ posted:

I really want them to start tracking FPP stats. It's so much superior to 3PP and I give a shot about seeing my mmr and all that.

Very anxious about them bringing FPP to my server

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

succ posted:

A few days ago every single one of my regular PUBG friends was like 'nah pick whatever' when the 3PP or FPP question came up. I constant voted for FPP and now literally every one of them is all in on FPP.

It really is better.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

hitze posted:

The good news is you get to have your answer! https://clips.twitch.tv/DeadLittleCrabsOMGScoots :haw:

So do most people just jump and spray their shots full auto without holding right click or scoping in because if he'd actually managed to win that fight doing that I'd be mighty impressed.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it would be nice if they communicated what they are planning to do with it. Maybe it will just be an alternative mode with no structure or ELO system.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Hellsau posted:

So do most people just jump and spray their shots full auto without holding right click or scoping in because if he'd actually managed to win that fight doing that I'd be mighty impressed.

Most people are very dumb, yes.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Fastened Portal Bart posted:

One thing I did notice with the foliage turned up was that I could see a lot more trees dropping from the airplane, so increasing draw distance is probably one of the biggest effects from that setting. I thought maybe the grass was a little denser as well but it looked about the same when I turned it back down.

Trees shouldn't be dropping from the airplane. Hope this helps.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait there's a season for this game? :psyduck:

Edit - oh they copied the Hearthstone/StarCraft 2 model for leaderboards.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 30, 2017

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wait there's a season for this game? :psyduck:

Monthly seasons as they test the ELO system. Stats reset at the end of the month.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wouldn't that then make the "they only have a 0.5 KDR" comment from earlier even dumber?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wouldn't that then make the "they only have a 0.5 KDR" comment from earlier even dumber?

you can see stats from past seasons

and it's dumb to pick on the fact, but let's face it, sub 0.5 kdr is like glue eating levels

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zo posted:

you can see stats from past seasons

and it's dumb to pick on the fact, but let's face it, sub 0.5 kdr is like glue eating levels

Why have the seasonal resets though, why not have just regular lifetime stats merged into one? What's the value for a seasonal system with this setup?

Like Hearthstone does seasons with resets, but as far as I can remember you don't actually see anyone's previous seasonal stats, not even your own, unless that's changed. However Dota has lifetime tracking and you can see all of that for an opponent or whatever.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why have the seasonal resets though, why not have just regular lifetime stats merged into one? What's the value for a seasonal system?

Like Hearthstone does seasons with resets, but as far as I can remember you don't actually see anyone's seasonal stats unless that's changed. However Dota has lifetime tracking and you can see all of that for an opponent or whatever.

I compare it to Diablo 3 where there is a big rush at the beginning of the season to get high on the leaderboards.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why have the seasonal resets though, why not have just regular lifetime stats merged into one? What's the value for a seasonal system with this setup?

Like Hearthstone does seasons with resets, but as far as I can remember you don't actually see anyone's previous seasonal stats, not even your own, unless that's changed. However Dota has lifetime tracking and you can see all of that for an opponent or whatever.

it was explained as being for testing their matchmaking system, which they've said is still at an early stage in development. so they want to reset it often to have lots of test data. i believe they haven't said if the resets will continue into release.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Zo posted:

it was explained as being for testing their matchmaking system, which they've said is still at an early stage in development. so they want to reset it often to have lots of test data. i believe they haven't said if the resets will continue into release.

They won't. Also have to realize that a lot of people experienced significant performance problems in the early releases - I still do in FPP, as an example. I'll never be good or great at this game, whatever, but my early KDR compared to now are pretty different.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

you: my KDR is 2.2 and i drop like 4-5 guys every time i win
me, a scholar: my KDR is exactly 1, because i only get one kill per game... the guy who comes in second

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I hope they remove stats and ELO entirely.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I have a vague memory we've played together in some game or another, but if you want another Swedish goon to squad up with I'm always on the lookout.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zsinjeh

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

tote up a bags posted:

you: my KDR is 2.2 and i drop like 4-5 guys every time i win
me, a scholar: my KDR is exactly 1, because i only get one kill per game... the guy who comes in second

that would give you infinite kdr, you idiot. you imbecile.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Tweak posted:

i don't know what his game plan was anyways by jumping around a corner against a guy with an S12K

I used to think it was bullshit when a single guy wiped my whole squad but then I did it myself to somebody else - 3 teammates downed, ran in and saved everyone's asses in Pochinki. I'm not even good, I was just in the zone and got a little lucky on the last guy.

Of course that was like once out of 1500 games or something but if you were actually good at the game I could see that happening a few times a week or whatever.

Zsinjeh posted:

I have a vague memory we've played together in some game or another, but if you want another Swedish goon to squad up with I'm always on the lookout.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zsinjeh

Just join the goon Discord - there are plenty of Northern European goons to squad with.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 30, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Are you somehow unable to identify scopes by sight?

DrNutt posted:

That's how I feel when I'm with goons and we get murked and someone's like "bullshit I'm reporting that". I want to think that they're joking but in my heart of hearts...

They wouldn't put the report button front and center if they didn't want you to report someone every game. If they only wanted you to report people you were sure were cheating, they'd gate it behind hitting escape at the very least, right????

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Scopes all look different and are pretty distinct from anything else, the only ones that are sort of similar at glance are the 2x and the 4x, but you are familiar with what the items look like you can generally tell straight away whether or not what you're looking for is in a room. The exception is when there's a big pile of poo poo all overlapping.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Except that gas masks seem to look a bit like 4x scopes from some angles, which is annoying.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VulgarandStupid posted:

Are you somehow unable to identify scopes by sight?

If its in a pile of guns and ammo yeah it'd be harder to spot with a quick glance.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

ChesterJT posted:

If its in a pile of guns and ammo yeah it'd be harder to spot with a quick glance.

But usually you can identify when there is a pile of stuff that needs checking out or not presumably. Also scopes tend to stick up above e.g. clothes and stuff 'cause they're a taller item.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

Except that gas masks seem to look a bit like 4x scopes from some angles, which is annoying.

Weirdly enough lvl 2 vests located close to eye level and looked at from the "waist end" have made me think "8x!!" for a moment before.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whenver I see an 8x I'm assuming it's one of those bigass Maglite flashlights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3N9z96qKI&t=1352s
When you run out of bullets just use the kar as a shotgun. I suck so I don't think I can pull this off ever again.
Also, make sure your frags are equipped instead of your smoke grenades.

• Locked thread