Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There are some parts of the fat acceptance movement I can get behind, like having exercise and yoga classes specifically for fat girls like me. But the whole "perfect at any size" crap makes me think of the pro-anorexia garbage at the other end of the spectrum. Both sides think the extreme is okay when it really isn't.

EDIT: need some awkward for new page. How 'bout two female entrepreneurs having to create a third male cofounder to get around industry sexism?

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 12:53 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

This? This right here?

This is the sort of "I'm the exception" bullshit that keeps fat people fat, goddamn it. Your fat cells aren't malfunctioning and you're not "metabolically disprivileged," you just didn't stick with your diet/exercise combo for long enough for your body to realise what your brain was trying to get it to do.

green chicken feet posted:

Serious congrats on taking charge of your health and making those changes. Healthy weight loss is hard but must be even harder when you're surrounded by messages that you're somehow being untrue to yourself by losing weight.

That's the killer. You're only being untrue to yourself if you're uncomfortable and not trying to fix it. Weight loss is actually really easy, it just takes significantly more time than you might think.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

why doesn't he rewire his brain so he has the self control to lose weight? is it because he can only do it once and he doesn't want to waste it on not being fat?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I can't stop laughing at "I will delete comments suggesting diet or exercise."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I really hope someone replied with "No."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LawfulWaffle posted:

I can't stop laughing at "I will delete comments suggesting diet or exercise."

Current front-runner for next thread title.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really hope someone replied with "No."

But that's a lie; diet and exercise is fool-proof.

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me
Some prime AUG from the depths of 4chan:
http://imgur.com/a/uZ5jm
For some reason, I can't get the img code to work. I've tried multiple times, on multiple occasions, even tried quoting another image and then inserting the url of the image I want to post instead, but nothing works. Quoted images show up fine. Anyone know why this is happening?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

This one brings me back to when I'd get dragged along with morbidly obese friends when they'd be hitting the antique/thrift stores looking for rockabilly style clothes and how livid they'd get that clothes from the 50s and early 60s just didn't exist in a modern XXXXX size and they'd be better off just finding sewing patterns and have stuff custom made. Christ, what the hell is it with rockabilly fashion being such a magnet for the morbidly obese?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

:shrug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dr, my card.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hah hah, "evidence-based"... I mean, you're not dead right this second even though you can't fit through normal doors and you're short of breath when you blink, but you're perfectly healthy!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

Dr, my card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GGf_GlD2RY

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Didn't even bother to choose a serif font :cmon:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are we just going to ignore the fat dumbass post is by eleizer yudkowski, the guy convinced a grain of sand in the eye is worse than an eternity of robots rape-torturing humanity?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Dr, my card.

I wonders if some doctors just refuse to serve them.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I think it's pretty rare when fat people aren't served

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

oldpainless posted:

Dr, my card.

The voice I read it in my head was like a raspy fat white trash walmart grandma

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are we just going to ignore the fat dumbass post is by eleizer yudkowski, the guy convinced a grain of sand in the eye is worse than an eternity of robots rape-torturing humanity?

https://youtu.be/nXARrMadTKk

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

quote:

Early on a web developer they brought on to help build the site tried to stealthily delete everything after Gazin declined to go on a date with him.

but also

quote:

In its first year, Witchsy has sold about $200,000 worth of this art, paying its creators 80% of each transaction

with a split like that they'd better also be covering the actual production of whatever stuff they're selling

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

oldpainless posted:

I think it's pretty rare when fat people aren't served

More like old2ndhelpingless

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

ReidRansom posted:

with a split like that they'd better also be covering the actual production of whatever stuff they're selling

They're charging 8-10 each for crap like enamel pins and iron-on patches. Even if production costs are on the artist, that's a pretty good cut.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Munchables posted:

The voice I read it in my head was like a raspy fat white trash walmart grandma

That will never happen because they will never grow old. It sounds like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_oZtYM4yCY

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gosh darn she's shiny.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

That will never happen because they will never grow old. It sounds like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_oZtYM4yCY

God, like, how is forehead fat a thing?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zipperelli. posted:

God, like, how is forehead fat a thing?

It's sort of a when there's no more room in hell type thing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm probably going to regret this, but... what?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

I'm probably going to regret this, but... what?

He adopts an extreme interpretation of utilitarianism which, as far as I remember, culminated in his argument that it would be morally right and desirable for one person to be tortured for eternity to prevent 1,000 people from getting a grain of sand in their eye.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Oh, so he's the strawman used in every philosophy class about why utilitarianism is flawed then.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf posted:

He adopts an extreme interpretation of utilitarianism which, as far as I remember, culminated in his argument that it would be morally right and desirable for one person to be tortured for eternity to prevent 1,000 people from getting a grain of sand in their eye.

Pretty dumb, but coulda been worse. I was wondering if he was one of those "If you don't help to create AI, the AI will torture a virtual you forever" nutjobs.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sunswipe posted:

Pretty dumb, but coulda been worse. I was wondering if he was one of those "If you don't help to create AI, the AI will torture a virtual you forever" nutjobs.

Same guy.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sunswipe posted:

He is THE guy for that.

Also lovely Harry Potter fanfic.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

lovely Harry Potter fanfic.

Don't be redundant

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Heath posted:

I am a 6'1" man and I have to buy small size shirts from Walmart because they offset their sizes by at least one to account for the fact that their clientele are, on average, huge as gently caress.

Edit: these were skin tight athletic shirts, too. I got two and they still feel kind of big on me.

Try being a 5'5" man

I have to get my poo poo special ordered and then fitted for it to look good :smith:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Be reasonable

He thinks a lot of grains of sand in a lot of eyes is worse than the rape-torturing of humanity by robots (whom you should worship, lest you get rape tortured)

Allahu Silicone!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dreddout posted:

Try being a 5'5" man

I have to get my poo poo special ordered and then fitted for it to look good :smith:

Just shop in the kids department, nobody takes you seriously anyways.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

No sense of right or wrong.

Dreddout posted:

Allahu Silicone!

Silicon

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I like have fun with friends

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p

cash crab posted:

I like have fun with friends

The mattress on the floor/no comforter combo is really the winning touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Bitey Bunny posted:

The mattress on the floor/no comforter combo is really the winning touch.

I like the wrestling calendar

• Locked thread