Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I swear the people in party finder get worse every week. It's the only explanation for people that have theoretically cleared fights 4+ times before failing basic mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
i let my sub expire because the people who play this game make my brain hurt tbqh

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i join pf o4s "grand cross omega" parties for shits and giggles tbqh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

I swear the people in party finder get worse every week.

They probably legitimately do.
Content is getting well past its shelf life now that we're closing in on another content patch and the players who are really good probably have everything on farm (top tier), people who are good (middle tier) but without a static are likely in a similar place of stuck joining PFs and hoping for the best, getting burnt out due to failure and then quitting.
What's left are probably bottom tier players causing the middle tier players to quit and not realising that they're bad, meaning all you have left is a large mass of terrible players with few middle to top ones in the pack.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Is there some ETA on next content patch? Or some prediction?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dwesa posted:

Is there some ETA on next content patch? Or some prediction?

They update the game on a roughly 3 to 4 month schedule and we're getting to around 3 months since Stormblood. They said 4.1 isn't going to be delayed beyond what's expected for a FFXIV patch so I'd expect 4.1 by the end of October at the very latest but the entire month of October and late September is probably a reasonable guess.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We'll know for sure in a few days.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
O3S in PF was hell even in week four. It's week eight or nine now, the only people left joining parties without "duty complete" checked are a handle of people who are just starting for whatever reason, and the endless hordes of people who can't clear with two months worth of attempts

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
NED is chaos but NED is fun.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

O3S in PF was hell even in week four. It's week eight or nine now, the only people left joining parties without "duty complete" checked are a handle of people who are just starting for whatever reason, and the endless hordes of people who can't clear with two months worth of attempts

We're just hitting O3S in my static, but in our defense we only raid 4 hours a week and we started 3 weeks late. People taking content at their own pace is a "Good thing". Also if susanex farming has taught me anything, it's that a lot of people get dragged on their back through "Duty complete" status.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

NED is chaos but NED is fun.

Grand Cross Omega Hits *40 seconds of running around hoping we don't die*

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Farg posted:

we do it

I feel like I'm in some weird other dimension who the hell is that in the back

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I feel like I'm in some weird other dimension who the hell is that in the back

NED (neoexdeath). 4.0 Savage is different than the 4.0 normal fight. It starts the same, but after a few minutes exdeath walks to the center and channels the void. If he's above 60% he summons a meteor that does 300k damage to everyone. If you have him at 60% or less, he gets sucked into the void like the end of normal mode but that's not the end of the fight. After that you get to fight NED.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

NED (neoexdeath). 4.0 Savage is different than the 4.0 normal fight. It starts the same, but after a few minutes exdeath walks to the center and channels the void. If he's above 60% he summons a meteor that does 300k damage to everyone. If you have him at 60% or less, he gets sucked into the void like the end of normal mode but that's not the end of the fight. After that you get to fight NED.

and then asbels gear breaks and we have an hour left in the lock out and have to leave and re-clear him because he doesn't have his crafting classes leveled.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Mr. Nice! posted:

As someones whose dream was to fight Exdeath in this game since Labyrinth of the Ancients, i'm ashamed I didn't know that

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Better late than never. New glamour acquired:

Finished up both the Umbrite and Singing Cluster steps this morning. Almost done! :hellyeah:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Finally got my V2S clear last night! I've missed the last 2 weeks of raiding with my static and as a result this freaking eyeball has been haunting me since then while i've been trying to clear with PF groups and having no success at all. After about 6 or 7 attempts he is no more though.

Now i get to bang my head against the wall of V3 for a while like everybody else! Hurray!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

I swear the people in party finder get worse every week. It's the only explanation for people that have theoretically cleared fights 4+ times before failing basic mechanics.

My PF story goes back shortly after they added that final echo bonus to a9s where I spent a solid month trying to get a mere 2 clears to grab my bis ring. And it wasn't a case of running 1 or 2 every other day, I was spending 6+ hours everyday for an entire month trying to get my 2 books. If I was a healer the dps couldn't kill the mobs, if I was a dps the healers couldn't keep the tank alive past the tank busters (also kept forgetting the transformers)

a9s. A fight with like 5 mechanics on a boss that sits still with a huge echo bonus. After that I basically gave up on PF.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

If I create a trial account and add a game key will I effectively get 44 days of playtime? Or should I wait until the 14 day free trial is done before entering the key?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think you have to wait. You lose trial status once your have a sub.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Good to know. Thanks.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

14 day restriction was removed, trial is unlimited now.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Shy posted:

14 day restriction was removed, trial is unlimited now.

Also super good to know, I won't apply my CDKey until I hit the restrictions of the trial.

edit: Looks like I need to add the key or I can't play with goons and other restrictions too. :v:

edit2: Oh Jesus Christ. Now I have to wait 4 hours for it to download Heavensward and Stormblood. GG SQEX for having the worst patcher system ever.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 30, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rhymenoserous posted:

We're just hitting O3S in my static, but in our defense we only raid 4 hours a week and we started 3 weeks late. People taking content at their own pace is a "Good thing". Also if susanex farming has taught me anything, it's that a lot of people get dragged on their back through "Duty complete" status.

Yeah there's plenty of valid reasons to not have a clear it's just that in PF people who suck outnumber people who have valid reasons, and have for over a month.

At least in O2S and O3S it's much harder to carry complete dead weight than it is in primals or O1S so you see much less complete wastes of space with duty complete checked

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah there's plenty of valid reasons to not have a clear it's just that in PF people who suck outnumber people who have valid reasons, and have for over a month.

At least in O2S and O3S it's much harder to carry complete dead weight than it is in primals or O1S so you see much less complete wastes of space with duty complete checked

I literally have no idea how some people joining a weekly clear party last night had ever cleared before.

TFW you arrive at the marked fleshy member 5s before anyone else. At least the stack of dead dps after a long drop is kinda funny.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The true bads can sometimes get their first clear when paired with 7 good people when they're having a good night. Then when they're having an average night they'll just never clear

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now I'm curious what'll happen in 9.0 when you can just heal through his enrage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shinryu Ex will be implemented by having him jump out of one of NED's chests to challenge you to a surprise phase 3.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

vOv posted:

Now I'm curious what'll happen in 9.0 when you can just heal through his enrage.

You can't target him at that point, so he probably just keeps using it until you die much like other enrages.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ModeSix posted:

edit2: Oh Jesus Christ. Now I have to wait 4 hours for it to download Heavensward and Stormblood. GG SQEX for having the worst patcher system ever.

You think this is bad? You must have never played FFXI.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Holyshoot posted:

and then asbels gear breaks and we have an hour left in the lock out and have to leave and re-clear him because he doesn't have his crafting classes leveled.

nice

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

TRIGGER WARNING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkVv4pJqNc

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

I did, briefly, but it was so long ago I don't remember.

The download wasn't so bad, 80 minutes.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do we have a left-side bis anywhere for tanks?

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
genji pants and weapon, allagan everything else.

either dh or crit in your materia slots depending on your comp.

this build primarily exists to minimize skillspeed, which is endemic with most genji pieces.

edit: maybe warriors want a minimum ss for berserk windows? not sure.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I just unlocked Onslaught and I'm not sure if/when to use it. Obviously as a gap closer, but is it generally worth spending the 20 beast gauge on?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you use onslaught if upheaval is on cooldown and doing so will not prevent you from having 100 inner beast for your fell cleave windows

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Eopia posted:

You can't target him at that point, so he probably just keeps using it until you die much like other enrages.

Aw, lame. I was hoping you could push him to 59% anyway and kill him or break something.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If you're the only or main tank, you also use onslaught at the start and end of your initial berserk boss pull because it shits out stupid amounts of threat and lets you play in deliverance that much more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Almost level 20 and this is far better than I expected. Whatever this coastal city is though can go gently caress itself for being a tedious pain in my rear end to navigate