Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I like how I read about The Hat several times already but still haven't seen it and I'm getting mixed reports of it.

Like it sounds like a weird , but cooling hat, but now it's a weird stupid looking one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

Because that would feed their narrative for the next two decades and give the president all sorts of excuses to scream about liberal terrorists.

kinda hard to have a narrative when your body is a bunch of small red chunks dotting a pile of smouldering rubble

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

kinda hard to have a narrative when your body is a bunch of small red chunks dotting a pile of smouldering rubble

The chunks would each regenerate into another conservative rear end in a top hat. That's how they breed, because no woman willingly accepts their putrid, aging seed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

moths posted:

I'm not saying Ann's a shriveled husk of disgusting human jerky, like a mummy cured by hatred and equally anachronistic.

Gosh you liberals, I said I'M NOT SAYING that. Learn to read! Snowflakes!

She really does look like that one picture from "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" though

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

Oh, you haven't heard?

:cripes:

Every time I see poo poo like this, I always wonder why no one's ever tried to drive a truck bomb right through the front doors of the Fox :airquote:News:airquote: building.

IIRC there was an article some time ago detailing how Ailes' was worried about this sort of thing and took a lot of steps to bomb-proof the ground level and his 2nd floor office. I'll be damned if I can find it now.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

NatasDog posted:

IIRC there was an article some time ago detailing how Ailes' was worried about this sort of thing and took a lot of steps to bomb-proof the ground level and his 2nd floor office. I'll be damned if I can find it now.

I'm pretty sure he also had rocket launcher proof windows (or whoever installed them claimed they were) or something.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Screaming Idiot posted:

The chunks would each regenerate into another conservative rear end in a top hat. That's how they breed, because no woman willingly accepts their putrid, aging seed.

:foxnews: is a dbz villain :wow:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

NatasDog posted:

It was all about keeping gay people from assassinating him.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Azuth0667 posted:

:foxnews: is a dbz villain :wow:

So, they'll either be destroyed by Goku, or become one of his most loyal allies?

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I scribed this editorial about conservatism's misconceptions about fascism. I'd love some comments (here yes, but especially on the page itself.) Thanks in advance!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
How many people are going to recognize that header image as a reference to Rat Fink?

How many people are going to know that the character is named Rat Fink?

Who the gently caress would draw such a thing, especially with such a poor excuse for a car?

This completes my critique of your writing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Fox news just hired Tomi Lahren :cripes:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

seiferguy posted:

Fox news just hired Tomi Lahren :cripes:

Considering Cons hate her, this will go as well as Megan Kelly on MNSBC.

Also, how has that gone for her?

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Covok posted:

Considering Cons hate her, this will go as well as Megan Kelly on MNSBC.

Also, how has that gone for her?

Is she blonde, by any chance?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Death Ray posted:

I scribed this editorial about conservatism's misconceptions about fascism. I'd love some comments (here yes, but especially on the page itself.) Thanks in advance!

I would've preferred you spend more time on the places where traditionally conservative and fascist thought do (and don't, since there are noteworthy differences) overlap, as opposed to just pointing out that it was absolutely the GOP that the fascists have chosen to align themselves with, politically. As it is while the writing itself is strong, it doesn't really amount to much more than a "nu-uh!" response.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Death Ray posted:

Is she blonde, by any chance?

yeah, she's got all three of her qualifications for Fox

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

is that even going to be a thing any more? which gross creeper is controlling hiring?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

is that even going to be a thing any more? which gross creeper is controlling hiring?

even if they don't relentlessly sexually harass the attractive young white woman selling her looks to climb the awful corporate ladder, the roster of interchangeable young aryan queens is more for their audience than internal leering

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

McGlockenshire posted:

How many people are going to recognize that header image as a reference to Rat Fink?

How many people are going to know that the character is named Rat Fink?

Who the gently caress would draw such a thing, especially with such a poor excuse for a car?

This completes my critique of your writing.

Squee! You gots muh Rat Fink reference! Here's a better one...

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Keeshhound posted:

I would've preferred you spend more time on the places where traditionally conservative and fascist thought do (and don't, since there are noteworthy differences) overlap, as opposed to just pointing out that it was absolutely the GOP that the fascists have chosen to align themselves with, politically. As it is while the writing itself is strong, it doesn't really amount to much more than a "nu-uh!" response.

Thanks for that. This is actually my opening gambit in a deeper exploration of just the topics you mentioned. My next piece will be my comprehensive definition of fascism, and its relation to conservatism.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

boner confessor posted:

yeah, she's got all three of her qualifications for Fox

She was on the Breakfast Club awhile back. (Nationally syndicated Black morning radio show hosted by Charlemagne Tha God, Angela Yee & DJ Envy) I still need to listen to that. I'm curious about Angela's reactions/responses. Their episode after Charlottesville was amazing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rat Fink is awesome.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Koalas March posted:

She was on the Breakfast Club awhile back. (Nationally syndicated Black morning radio show hosted by Charlemagne Tha God, Angela Yee & DJ Envy) I still need to listen to that. I'm curious about Angela's reactions/responses. Their episode after Charlottesville was amazing.

Didn't she have some big feud with Charlemagne? I feel like that's how she first came to my attention by yelling racist poo poo at him.

I'm mostly surprised it took this long for her to land on Fox. I'm guessing she wanted some kind of prime time slot right off the bat and figured her internet fame was better than them just making her one of a hundred interchangeable blond white women.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

boner confessor posted:

the people defending confederate statues bit is just because all these other ideas have been inserted into confederate remembrance, namely "heritage" and resistance of a distant, tyrannical government. the same militia types who love to pretend they're the last real patriots left who will one day fight the government red dawn style are the same types who love the idea of the confederacy based on lost cause "states rights" and other "the north started it" garbage. they get off on the idea of being independent freedom fighters.

also because they themselves are low key racists who don't like how things they like are being called out. basically every white person in america is racist, you're either in denial about it or aware of your own internal racism and how it perpetuates white supremacist power structures. this is why blue lives matter types are so tired of being called racist and how everything is racist - what they're tired of is being asked to critically look at themselves

the analogy i'd use here is alcoholism. let's imagine alcohol abuse = racism. your small 2% minority of chronic drinkers who can't hold a job and are already dying young of alcohol related complications are the severe, out and proud racists. then there are functional alcoholics, some are aware of their substance abuse. others are in denial and think that it's normal and ok to drink a bottle of wine a night or kill a rack of beer over a weekend, and they're tired of people telling them they need to stop. at this point the analogy breaks down because a large number of americans don't drink at all and there are no americans untouched by racist thought and attitudes

As a functional alcoholic and profoundly anti-racist person I'm very hurt by this analogy.

Ted Cruz isn't trapped in Houston.

Houston is trapped with Ted Cruz.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shbobdb posted:

What would you like me to clarify?

Some people reject the gender binary. That's not a bad thing. They're just living their life.as authentically as they can. It may seem strange to you, gently caress, it seems strange to me. But it's important to them and since we lose nothing by respecting them we may as well do it.

Just gonna come out and say you phrased / framed it poorly and I was gonna call you out on it but this was a good clarification.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

As a functional alcoholic and profoundly anti-racist person I'm very hurt by this analogy.

Same, but I see what he was driving at at least.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ben_geier/status/902913191428190208

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I remember a Fox News interview of Reza Aslan, a Muslim scholar, regarding a book Reza wrote about Jesus. They asked why would he, a Muslim, be interested in covering Jesus, that's like a Democrat making a book about Reagan being a bad Republican. It seems that the right-wing brand of evangelical christianity will only accept anything theological only if it aligns perfectly with their beliefs and come from someone sharing the same belief.

BigRed0427 posted:

Ya'll, the "Obama did nothing during Katrina" thing i'm seeing on facebook and twitter. That is a joke right? 4chan is loving with us?

Snopes did a fact check on the statement "Barack Obama was a president during Hurricane Katrina". It's predictably a false statement, but the article mentioned that there might be a strain of actual "Obama is bad at Katrina" opinions in the sense that a 2013 PPP poll shows 29% Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for the federal response to Katrina. Also 44% was apparently 'unsure' if Obama or Bush was at fault.

So while the current "what did obama do during katrina durr" tweets/posts might be bots, there is a receptive audience for the lie.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 31, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

toanoradian posted:

It seems that the right-wing brand of evangelical christianity will only accept anything theological only if it aligns perfectly with their beliefs and come from someone sharing the same belief.

gee, ya think?

seriously though that's kinda the point; according to them they're the only legitimate religion

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

toanoradian posted:

I remember a Fox News interview of Reza Aslan, a Muslim scholar, regarding a book Reza wrote about Jesus. They asked why would he, a Muslim, be interested in covering Jesus, that's like a Democrat making a book about Reagan being a bad Republican. It seems that the right-wing brand of evangelical christianity will only accept anything theological only if it aligns perfectly with their beliefs and come from someone sharing the same belief.

Yeah, it was a pretty good interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7UU6FQoU_g

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Just gonna come out and say you phrased / framed it poorly and I was gonna call you out on it but this was a good clarification.

What can I say? You learn not to respect someone's choices when they owe you large sums or money they will never pay back and occasionally threaten to kill you. That general antipathy might not make for the best framing.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

That was a frustrating interview to watch.

I did enjoy that "like a Democrat writing about Reagan" bit, where he replies, "it'd be like a Democrat with a PhD, with 20 years of experience studying Reagan, writing a book about Reagan" and Lauren Green replies "but why would a Democrat want to promote democracy by writing about a Republican?"

Everything is filtered through a partisan lens.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Didn't she have some big feud with Charlemagne? I feel like that's how she first came to my attention by yelling racist poo poo at him.

Yeah he named her Donkey of the Day (pretty respectfully) awhile back and iirc she lost her poo poo about it but he's been very, very generous to her. For some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phadfbYgD4U

the Charlottesville stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70GH2zc5OQk

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 31, 2017

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Koalas March posted:

Yeah he named her Donkey of the Day (pretty respectfully) awhile back and iirc she lost her poo poo about it but he's been very, very generous to her. For some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phadfbYgD4U

the Charlottesville stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70GH2zc5OQk

Wow, that dude has a poo poo ton of subscribers.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So this is a little bit old, but was kind of interesting.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/18/charlottesville-antifa-protester-talks-neo-nazi-skinhead

So this Fox News show invited a former neo-nazi and a former antifa dude. They initially didn't tell the neo-nazi dude that they would have on the former antifa dude as well until like literally five minutes before the segment began. So basically, the Fox News host was hoping that these guys would go at it or both would denounce Antifa, but neither person did that, and despite the host's insistence that something needs to be done about Antifa, nobody would agree with her and instead wound up agreeing with each other. When the Fox News lady realized the segment wasn't going her way, she cuts it short. Here's the former neo-nazi dude on David Pakman's show explaining the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBuLNnEQYds

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

1 Corinthians 2:14:

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit

Checkmate, Reza Aslan

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Leofish posted:

That was a frustrating interview to watch.

I did enjoy that "like a Democrat writing about Reagan" bit, where he replies, "it'd be like a Democrat with a PhD, with 20 years of experience studying Reagan, writing a book about Reagan" and Lauren Green replies "but why would a Democrat want to promote democracy by writing about a Republican?"

Everything is filtered through a partisan lens.

Yeah, why would a Muslim want to write a book about Jesus. He's only one of the major prophets of Islam. :rolleyes:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Rush had a segment yesterday lecturing us all about freedom of speech is it relates to Kaepernick and the NFL. His tone was oddly different from the one he adapted when he got bounced from MNF and denied NFL ownership. He was basically saying "Speech has consequences" without the slightest hint of irony.

He also said that Trump didn't say about Charlottesville what the media attributed to him.

Rush, I loving heard Trump saying with my own ears you lying rear end in a top hat.

It was pretty far off the rails even for Rush

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/walshfreedom/status/903231132543700993

Yo. Joe Walsh is trolling right? Like, he ain't this ducking stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

BigRed0427 posted:

https://twitter.com/walshfreedom/status/903231132543700993

Yo. Joe Walsh is trolling right? Like, he ain't this ducking stupid.

Isn't that the only reason the GOP still exists at this point?