Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i am ready to play a hotline miami stage in no more heroes 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I want Stardew to come out just so people here will Shut the gently caress Up About Stardew.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

DLC Inc posted:

yeah seriously why bother previewing it when it's probably weeks away
lol what? you guys are delusional.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

yeah seriously why bother previewing it when it's probably weeks away

I'm so happy NMH3 is coming but no idea what they mean by it being a massive collab.

Wario Ware esq collection of full level mini games maybe. Travis was playing hotline miami in the trailer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That Meat Boy sequel looks like a lovely endless runner.:(

NMH, the Shovel Knight DLC and maybe that golf game are all that look interesting to me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Suda51 was at Devolver Digital's E3 show this year so I'm not too surprised they're friendly in some way. Can't wait to see what they cook up.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Bill Barber posted:

It's literally posted by Nintendo and Stardew creators that they will submit the game this week for formal review.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Tempura Wizard posted:

I want Stardew to come out just so people here will Shut the gently caress Up About Stardew.

Then we can post about crops :allears:

Also, youtube's new look is ugly af

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Super Mario world when

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SHO
VEL
KNIGHT

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's literally posted by Nintendo and Stardew creators that they submitted the game yesterday for formal review.
"yeah why bother showing a game that's coming out in a couple weeks in your hype rear end trailer about indie games that are coming out"

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

"yeah why bother showing a game that's coming out in a couple weeks in your hype rear end trailer about indie games that are coming out"

This was clearly a forum for games coming out months from now to a year from now, Stardew could release as early as 2 weeks from now given the time it's taken for review to release of other titles.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pretty sure that lineup they showed had one or two games coming September.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

XyrlocShammypants posted:

This was clearly a forum for games coming out months from now to a year from now, Stardew could release as early as 2 weeks from now given the time it's taken for review to release of other titles.
There were at least 3 games showcased that come out in less than 3 weeks.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Will the new Shovel Knight DLC come with the Treasure Trove if I snag it now, or should I wait for the Ultimate Treasure Edition?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

it was submitted for approval days ago, christ you're thick and annoying

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Policenaut posted:

Suda51 was at Devolver Digital's E3 show this year so I'm not too surprised they're friendly in some way. Can't wait to see what they cook up.

I figured they were buddy buddy even though Suda showed up for 5 seconds saying "why am I here, who are these people" in the devolver conference

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

it was submitted for approval days ago, christ you're thick and annoying

Nintendos had it a while and my impression is that the final version is now in their hands this week. It's digital only right?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

^burtle posted:

Will the new Shovel Knight DLC come with the Treasure Trove if I snag it now, or should I wait for the Ultimate Treasure Edition?
TT includes 4 campaigns. Shovel/Plague/Spectre/King.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So... to be clear here, people are upset there wasn't a trailer for a game that already exists and is out in multiple places which is confirmed to be coming?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

So... to be clear here, people are upset there wasn't a trailer for a game that already exists and is out in multiple places which is confirmed to be coming?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Weird that Undertale isn't on Switch. Did Sony pay for exclusivity?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Bill Barber posted:

TT includes 4 campaigns. Shovel/Plague/Spectre/King.

Dope! Got it.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
MOTHER 4 WHEN

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamn that's another half hour of indie games I will probably buy. I love my gay dead Nintendo exclusives and indie game console.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Nintendo dragging their feet with their whole online subscription service thing is interesting, if only for the fact that there's going to continue to be more and more games released that offer free online play but with the threat of having that cut off behind a paywall (allegedly) randomly whenever Nintendo decides to finally release it. The fact that they haven't come out and made an officially announcement about it almost a year later is strange. Purely conjecture but I'm guessing it has largely to do with the idea of them scrapping the VC and instead offering a sort of Netflix type package with enhanced versions of classic games available to subscribers.

Still seems strange that no one knows anything about it still though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a bunch more trailers going up on Youtube.

Away
Dandara
Dimension Drive

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bill Barber posted:

Nintendo dragging their feet with their whole online subscription service thing is interesting, if only for the fact that there's going to continue to be more and more games released that offer free online play but with the threat of having that cut off behind a paywall (allegedly) randomly whenever Nintendo decides to finally release it. The fact that they haven't come out and made an officially announcement about it almost a year later is strange. Purely conjecture but I'm guessing it has largely to do with the idea of them scrapping the VC and instead offering a sort of Netflix type package with enhanced versions of classic games available to subscribers.

honestly that just makes me wonder if there's a lot more they're changing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Golf RPG is the new Earthbound.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reddit is all bitching about mobile game ports but as far as I can tell there was only one in the trailer?

Also there are a few mobile games I would love to play on the TV with a controller, Sometimes You Die* when?

*yes I know that it's literally unportable to a console but still

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think it's because the PS4 supports Game Maker, which Undertale was made in. It would probably be trickier to port to other consoles.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Bill Barber posted:

They're just biding their time for 'holiday' when they'll likely do a big marketing push around whatever the heck it is. If they blew their load now it wouldn't be top of mind during Christmas shopping.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

anyway, cute elephants

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Gaspy Conana posted:

They're just biding their time for 'holiday' when they'll likely do a big marketing push around whatever the heck it is. If they blew their load now it wouldn't be top of mind during Christmas shopping.

Given how bad the UI and features are in terms of multiplay as is, they'd be crazy to try and charge for this. I can't even Turf War with my friends consistently, I have to join their game and just hope.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Legend of Zeldaphant looks fun.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

yeah, I would play that game but I hate playing games on my laptop so I'd buy it if it was on switch or 3ds or something

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mobile games I would buy Switch ports of in a heartbeat:

*Ridiculous Fishing
*The Room Series
*Hatfall
*The Incident
*Sometimes You Die

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
we should all be in an uproar that Pit People wasnt shown for the switch

also Death Road to Canada

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Just to be clear, there is no reason why the Switch wouldn't allow players to join online games via servers of individual games. They aren't going to force every game to be p2p just because Splatoon 2 is and the matchmaking for different games like FIFA should be accomplished by EA as another example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeah, it's looking like the only thing you'll actually be using the app for is Splatoon and whatever else Nintendo decides to bake into the service.

• Locked thread