Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

Ox has actually probably been one of the best players on Arsenal so far this season, which is to say that he's still complete poo poo and in no way worth 35-40m @ 180k/wk but I wish him well.

Are you thinking of a different Ox, or the same one who was just haphazardly jogging around on Sunday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Libertine posted:

Ox has actually probably been one of the best players on Arsenal so far this season, which is to say that he's still complete poo poo and in no way worth 35-40m @ 180k/wk but I wish him well.

I can't imagine we're paying him that much, surely?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

RideTheSpiral posted:

ox is a good signing for kloppball. he's fast and gently caress and never stops running. they don't really need more goals just a hard pressing midfield option

i think this applies more to a literal ox instead of oxcham

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'm pretty sure that EvilHawk has been repeatedly saying we don't need money from Cooters in order to buy players..

Realistically though if we get Lemar too then yeah. Coutinho is gone.

Also I'm pretty sure we are no where near 200m this window. Considering Salah and Keita combined was less than 100m

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

tarbrush posted:

Why on earth would he settle for less?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Was figuring in excess of £80m for Lemar and £70m for van Dijk, plus Salah, Solanke, Robertson and the downpayment on Keita.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

tarbrush posted:

You totally are, our players are pampered as gently caress.

Also if you don't play him in CM he'll whine like a little school girl.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Bea Nanner posted:

Why on earth would he settle for less?

Always been a secret Liverpool fan? Prefers occasionally starting at cm instead of occasionally starting at rwb? Blow to the head?

It just seems like paying a squad player that much would have literally every starter demanding a new contract

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Waroduce posted:

How the gently caress did Arsenal fail so hard? They seemed to be coming up around the time Alexis and Ozil signed?

Now they are in danger of loosing everyone, have no one to bring in and look like a trash tier side.

Some combination of Kroenke hoarding cash and Wenger losing his drat mind.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

tarbrush posted:

Always been a secret Liverpool fan? Prefers occasionally starting at cm instead of occasionally starting at rwb? Blow to the head?

It just seems like paying a squad player that much would have literally every starter demanding a new contract

welcome to the new normal

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

WMain00 posted:

You totally are, our players are pampered as gently caress.

Also if you don't play him in CM he'll whine like a little school girl.

Henderson, Wiji, and Can are all better CMs than him so I guess whining it is

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ox will be the same player he was for Arsenal as he is for Liverpool, you heard it here first. Glad he's gone, never impressed.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/Carl_M79/status/902864215060381696

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I just hope with Ox gone, it means Campbell will be back in the starting squad

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

We're apparently going to announce the loan of Krychowiak shortly as the official WBA account and him are tweeting @ each other teasing it

E: aaaaaand here it is

https://twitter.com/wba/status/902946880409174018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

fyallm posted:

I just hope with Ox gone, it means Campbell will be back in the starting squad

No thanks.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

tarbrush posted:

That's gotta require selling Phil, surely? Even if selling Sakho covers aoc, that'd be well over £200m of players in one window.

CyberPingu posted:

I'm pretty sure that EvilHawk has been repeatedly saying we don't need money from Cooters in order to buy players..

Realistically though if we get Lemar too then yeah. Coutinho is gone.

Also I'm pretty sure we are no where near 200m this window. Considering Salah and Keita combined was less than 100m

Again, all the Liverpool journos have said that it is absolutely not dependent on selling Phil. Using the widely reported fees:

£35m for Salah
£35m for Ox
£7m for Robertson

=£77m (the Keita money is apparently being paid next year)

VVD is likely to cost around £70m, Lemar possibly a bit more around £80m = £150m, so total spending £227m.

We got £10m back for Stewart (how??) and might get around £30m for Sakho. That'll bring us to the £200m funds we apparently were going to spend at the start of the year. Add in the CL money, the TV rights money, and three years on the bounce of having a positive net spend, and our money situation is pretty good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

wicka posted:

Are you thinking of a different Ox, or the same one who was just haphazardly jogging around on Sunday?

He rated well in the Leiceister match, and was one of the only players with a pulse on their side in the Stoke match.

An hour of haphazard jogging in the Liverpool match is better than giving up on defending, letting Cech get obliterated, not taking or creating chances, and being wildly out of position, which is what everyone else on the side did.

It's damning with faint praise on a tiny sample size, but yeah I think given how bad Arsenal has played all year, he might actually be king of the poo poo heap so far.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

WMain00 posted:

If we're to believe the rumours it's because Arsene is handling everything and if he is indeed losing his mind then feels will increasingly become a clusterfuck.

Wenger is too proud/French to retire and has been trying to get himself fired by making increasingly bizarre decisions for the last 5 years but he just keeps getting new contracts like some kind of footballing Clouseau.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EvilHawk posted:

VVD is likely to cost around £70m, Lemar possibly a bit more around £80m

You really think Liverpool will pay that for either of those players?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

T Bowl posted:

Welcome to the new normal I guess. Neither's moving for any less.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Time for me, a native Scouser, to blast this at high volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXMrDu7374Y

In all seriousness, though, I'd be very surprised if anything happened after this. Lemar is kind of a pipe dream and Southampton hate Liverpool too much for a VVD move to happen.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

ozmunkeh posted:

Wenger is too proud/French to retire and has been trying to get himself fired by making increasingly bizarre decisions for the last 5 years but he just keeps getting new contracts like some kind of footballing Clouseau.

I'm starting to believe that.

Makes bizarre and irrational decisions, still wins FA cup.

According to Arseblog none of the £40 million we're getting will be used to buy more players.

Yippee...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If Arsenal do not try to sign anymore players this window I am going to stop watching them out of a personal protest.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

T Bowl posted:

Why not?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

T Bowl posted:

If Arsenal do not try to sign anymore players this window I am going to stop watching them out of a personal protest.

We're not going to sign anymore players this window.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i think mustafi not leaving may be as good as it gets

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902951267772837897

One day someone is going to write a book about this period in Arsenal's history. I will be very excited to learn how we could possibly have "no money."

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke have maybe kinda given up on signing delph after chasing him for the entirety of the transfer window. Can't say I'm too bothered, his injury record since moving to city is awful and I don't think signing a midfielder is a priority right now. We're crying out for a rwb (and probably a striker) but a few journos are saying our transfer business is now done.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

wicka posted:

One day someone is going to write a book about this period in Arsenal's history. I will be very excited to learn how we could possibly have "no money."

Because we've stopped building a team based on winning the competition. We're all about balancing the books and making sure profit is made.

We're a joke and it's really really depressing to watch.

EDIT: This isn't just limited to Arsenal, this is how Stan Kroenke teams work. Winning takes 2nd place to maintaining a healthy profit and balance sheet.

Communist Bear fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 30, 2017

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

This is why they bought Williams and Gylfi. I overrated the hell out of both of them.

I'll always love Gylfi for Iceland knocking England out of the Euros, impossible to overrate that kind of magic

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
lol at no more money yet they are in the green with the sale of ox, gibbs, etc against the signing of lacazette. gently caress this gay fail club.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Hell, I’m excited for Big Reiss Nelson

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wicka posted:

this club is a dumpster fire

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bea Nanner posted:

i think mustafi not leaving may be as good as it gets

Inter's sporting director just said they've given up on acquiring him.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Losing Ox makes the defense better, as it will force Wenger to play Bellerin in the only position he can play and Kola will get on the pitch as well

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
https://twitter.com/markymbryans/status/902951927939518464 lol

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Also lol that Liverpool can't go a window without buying a Soton player, I hope they're in for Walcott next

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Woof. pretty sure the 120-130 range is where Mane and Salah are so that makes a fuckton more sense than 180.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

That's fuckin insane. Holy poo poo. Arsenal is screwed.

• Locked thread