Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

VietCampo posted:

So I grabbed Forte late in my draft tonight and saw his note said that he was on the trade block and candidate for release?

From a fantasy standpoint what would be his best outcome? I know he's old and all but he can still be effective.

Well, he'd have to go somewhere where he'd have a chance of seeing the field at all, which is a little slim pickings at this point.

Maybe Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Bucs, and Seahawks would be the only teams to give him half a chance, and out of those, you'd only want him if he went to the Cowboys or Bucs. I'd be amazed if he did anything FF worthy at this point.

edit: supposedly he's likely to get cut later this week, due to the fact that his $4m salary is guaranteed, and no team is going to touch that via trade.

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How do we think this situation in Buffalo is really going to affect Shady?

I'm considering taking him with the #4 pick in my 10 man main league draft. I'm not gonna draft Beckham cause I think he's a bitch. I think Mike Evans is gonna regress. I'd almost consider Freeman. So, the next choice is Julio or even "reaching" for AJ Green. But, it wasn't that long ago that LeSean was my boy and he was a straight up monster last year.

I'm not really considering Watkins a big loss, cause he missed most of the year last year anyways. I could see Jordan Matthews being a bigger boom to Tyrod Taylor's garbage time stats. I think the offense still runs through McCoy. But, he's 29 and his style isn't Frank Gore. Shady has also been BEAT UP the past couple of years. Mid season surgeries, constant sprains.

I want him, but I'm starting to feel like his injuries are gonna pile up. And with the way things are going in Buffalo, Shady going down to injury just seems like something God is gonna do to the Bills this season after all of the offseason moves.

Although, one benefit of McCoy is that his handcuff, Jonathan Williams, can literally be your last pick of the draft he's so cheap.

89 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 30, 2017

firstyear
Sep 9, 2009
Buddy of mine can't make his draft tonight so has asked me to pick for him. Only problem: it's an IDP league (1LB, 1DB, standard scoring) and I've never drafted IDP before. What are some essential things I need to know? What's a good round to start targeting IDP players? Is it worth rostering more than one guy per position, or is it easy to stream guys week to week?

The league is 16 team, if it matters.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

firstyear posted:

Buddy of mine can't make his draft tonight so has asked me to pick for him. Only problem: it's an IDP league (1LB, 1DB, standard scoring) and I've never drafted IDP before. What are some essential things I need to know? What's a good round to start targeting IDP players? Is it worth rostering more than one guy per position, or is it easy to stream guys week to week?

Grab him Landon Collins and he can be happy. As far as when? 16 team league....that's a tough one.

IDP wise, I'm getting the feeling Collins is kind of like the JJ Watt Unicorn of IDP this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You know, from the #5 spot in a 10 man league, it's totalllly possible to do draft LeSean or Freeman in the first round. And then still end up with a WR core of Baldwin, Landry, and Fitzgerald. Doesn't seem sexy. But if you look at the last 2-3 years of production, they are CONSISTENT as gently caress. Top 15 finishes each year. Grab ya a top tier TE. Load up on WR & RB depth. Grab ya a Winston or Mariota. You're good. Or maybe grab Brady in the 3rd or Gronk. who knows?

I'm going crazy you guys.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

I'm considering taking him with the #4 pick in my 10 man main league draft. I'm not gonna draft Beckham cause I think he's a bitch. I think Mike Evans is gonna regress. I'd almost consider Freeman. So, the next choice is Julio or even "reaching" for AJ Green. But, it wasn't that long ago that LeSean was my boy and he was a straight up monster last year.

I'm not really considering Watkins a big loss, cause he missed most of the year last year anyways. I could see Jordan Matthews being a bigger boom to Tyrod Taylor's garbage time stats. I think the offense still runs through McCoy. But, he's 29 and his style isn't Frank Gore. Shady has also been BEAT UP the past couple of years. Mid season surgeries, constant sprains.

I want him, but I'm starting to feel like his injuries are gonna pile up. And with the way things are going in Buffalo, Shady going down to injury just seems like something God is gonna do to the Bills this season after all of the offseason moves.

Although, one benefit of McCoy is that his handcuff, Jonathan Williams, can literally be your last pick of the draft he's so cheap.

For what it's worth, this is the year that PHI statistically felt the wheels would start coming off on McCoy. I'd take a shot at him in the late 1st only because he's not your average player.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It would be an easy decision to make if I was late round. But I'm #4.

I am seriously torn between Shady, Julio, and Jordy Nelson (the safest option)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I feel like this year, Parker beats Landry. It's the Cutler factor.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

It would be an easy decision to make if I was late round. But I'm #4.

I am seriously torn between Shady, Julio, and Jordy Nelson (the safest option)

Yeah 4 is a tough spot. Shady but get his handcuff in the final round.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
6paTD and -1 int

Would you rather have Dak or Big Ben?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

6paTD and -1 int

Would you rather have Dak or Big Ben?

Big Ben

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
12 man PPR1 keeper league advice please!

I "lose" the draft pick of my keeper based on ADP and am trying to decide between Crabtree/BMarshall/Pryor.

Any thoughts? I draft 9th and am hoping to snipe some guys a few picks up to make up for a bad draft last year.

Edit : I could also keep Carlos Hyde.

Derpies fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 30, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quick keeper question for y'all

Standard 12 team PPR with no flex, trying to figure out my fourth keeper. Every team must keep four and they're your first four picks. I have AB, Evans, and Gurley as three, debating on Benjamin and Ingram for the fourth. I could also keep Reed but I want to get off that injury roller coaster.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Those rules make keepers a penalty for drafting poorly rather than a reward for drafting well. In a bubble I would go with Benjamin; I do not really like Ingram's situation at all and will not draft him anywhere, but I imagine 20 RB are being kept so there will not be much to draft and you already have 2 solid WRs and there are a ton of WR deeper down the ADP list that should be serviceable WR3s. Do you know your draft pick and how many usable RBs are left? If you could grab a rookie and Gore or Abdullah (just trying to think of guys not kept) then maybe you will not need Ingram.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

What are your settings? If there's any bonus for receptions, Julio is the no-brainer decision, here. I'd still take julio in standard, but that's less cut and dried

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

I'm going crazy you guys.

We are well aware of this, sir.

So after 45 minutes of going back and forth with my el cunado, I finally got a trade to go down.

Get:

Joe Mixon
Nelson Agholor (don't really care about him)

Give:

Hunter Henry
John Brown
Jonathan Stewart

I think it's a big win for me, especially after everyone here was talking him up. No idea why he was obsessed with Hunter Henry (he already had Ertz), but now he has him. I don't think Stewart is going to do much this year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I like it!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

firstyear posted:

Unless the guy told you otherwise, you shouldn't really bother with an LB or DB til the last few rounds. You definitely shouldn't draft more than one. Let the rest of the league spend early picks on Kuechly and Kwon Alexander, you can scoop up the LB#15 or 20 and be totally fine. Definitely don't reach for a guy like Landon Collins, because with so few starters required in the league, you'll be able to get someone essentially for free that is competitive with every other team's DB.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

I like it!

Thanks! Means I'm going to roll with this roster in a 14 team 1PPR league

QB - Carson Wentz
RB - David Johnson, Ty Montgomery, Mark Ingram, Joe Mixon
WR - Dez Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, Martavis Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Jamison Crowder, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor
TE - Travis Kelce
K - Blair Walsh
D/ST - Bills (streaming)

I'll have a roster spot open after this trade processes tomorrow. These folks are available. Who should I take a flyer on? I can also drop Agholor and pick up two of these guys.

Jerick McKinnon
Jamaal Williams
James Conner
Marqise Lee
Kenny Golladay
Kendall Wright
Cooper Kupp
Travis Benjamin
Chris Conley
Tyler Boyd
Jermaine Kearse
David Njoku

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pain of Mind posted:

Those rules make keepers a penalty for drafting poorly rather than a reward for drafting well. In a bubble I would go with Benjamin; I do not really like Ingram's situation at all and will not draft him anywhere, but I imagine 20 RB are being kept so there will not be much to draft and you already have 2 solid WRs and there are a ton of WR deeper down the ADP list that should be serviceable WR3s. Do you know your draft pick and how many usable RBs are left? If you could grab a rookie and Gore or Abdullah (just trying to think of guys not kept) then maybe you will not need Ingram.

Yeah, I've been pushing to allow people to not keep four for a while but people don't understand how much of an advantage the teams with better keepers have and it's a league I've been in for a while with people I don't get to talk to much anymore so I deal with it.

I have the tenth pick and I'd say 20 is probably a pretty accurate estimate, though some people keep QBs which helps deepen the pool a little bit. I don't really expect Ingram to be available to me at my pick if I don't keep him, but I might be able to get one of the rookies or someone that wasn't kept and slipped under the radar. Or I could be cheeky and take Woodhead or Jacquizz :v:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Exactly what I did. I was 6th in my draft though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

pubic works project posted:

I'll have a roster spot open after this trade processes tomorrow. These folks are available. Who should I take a flyer on?

Roster looks good. You definitely need a backup RB. Since you have Montgomery, the natural pickup would be Jamaal Williams. That said, we really don't know what the Packers' backfield will look like if Montgomery goes down. Conversely, none of the other options are particularly inspiring either. However, if you prefer to take a super long shot and think Bell misses some games this year, Connor is an option.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Went on a 1 year slump of 0 championships so went into this draft as unprepared as possible to shake things up and I hate all 3 teams thanks for reading

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Interestingly enough my decision to basically draft te late as possible had me end up with 2 Eiferts and Hunter Henry

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

Roster looks good. You definitely need a backup RB. Since you have Montgomery, the natural pickup would be Jamaal Williams. That said, we really don't know what the Packers' backfield will look like if Montgomery goes down. Conversely, none of the other options are particularly inspiring either. However, if you prefer to take a super long shot and think Bell misses some games this year, Connor is an option.

I was leaning Jamaal just for the reason of having Montgomery and RB not being the position he was drafted for. He's been a little banged up too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

If Ty goes down that backfield is going to be a mess that anyone should stay away from imo. Jamaal will not be the answer back there and you'll likely get a RBBC with Ripkowski, Jamaal, Aaron Jones, and Randall Cobb contributing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

firstyear posted:

It really depends on the IDP scoring settings. What are tackles, sacks, int, stuffs all worth? Post that and I can tell you who to target and where.

pubic works project posted:

Thanks! Means I'm going to roll with this roster in a 14 team 1PPR league

QB - Carson Wentz
RB - David Johnson, Ty Montgomery, Mark Ingram, Joe Mixon
WR - Dez Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, Martavis Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Jamison Crowder, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor
TE - Travis Kelce
K - Blair Walsh
D/ST - Bills (streaming)

I'll have a roster spot open after this trade processes tomorrow. These folks are available. Who should I take a flyer on? I can also drop Agholor and pick up two of these guys.

Jerick McKinnon
Jamaal Williams
James Conner
Marqise Lee
Kenny Golladay
Kendall Wright
Cooper Kupp
Travis Benjamin
Chris Conley
Tyler Boyd
Jermaine Kearse
David Njoku

Jamaal Williams and Kenny Golladay would be my upside plays. I'm really high on Galloday. He has a very good chance of being the most productive rookie receiver this year.

Drunk Nerds posted:

What are your settings? If there's any bonus for receptions, Julio is the no-brainer decision, here. I'd still take julio in standard, but that's less cut and dried

Agreed on Julio. Especially since Jordy might come back to you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

the_american_dream posted:

Went on a 1 year slump of 0 championships so went into this draft as unprepared as possible to shake things up and I hate all 3 teams thanks for reading

I've played my work league since 2009 and I've come in 2nd or 4th place every time except once. My team either dies in the semi finals and I give up the third place game or my team dies in the finals and I hate life

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I know we had a dude here that was considering keeping Snead for $12.

I just read this from Adam Levitan from DraftKings. John Paulsen from 4for4 retweeted it.

quote:

Willie Snead’s Role is Unchanged from Last Year

When Brandin Cooks was shipped to New England, it was widely assumed that Willie Snead would step into a more prominent role. It doesn’t appear that will be the case. Snead was only in on 13 of Drew Brees’ 26 snaps Saturday, playing exclusively in three-WR sets. The other WR counts were Michael Thomas 26, Ted Ginn Jr. 18 and Brandon Coleman 9. It was similar usage to the Week 1 preseason game when Snead was in on zero two-WR sets and got just 6-of-12 first-team reps. In other words, the Saints are set to use Snead just as they did last year – a No. 3 wideout who will play between 60 and 70 percent of the snaps weekly. Meanwhile, Ginn is filling the No. 2 role and is grossly undervalued at an ADP of 126. The Saints have ranked 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 1st in raw pass yards over the last five years.

This might change as the season goes on, but I wouldn't keep Snead and wouldn't waste a mid round draft pick or more than $10 on him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And I've got Ginn for $2 in dynasty and I'm happy with that, too, he has big upside and is a cheap keep.

That said... my experience from the last several years of fantasy is that trying to read the tea leaves of preseason football usage is a fools' errand.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Who should i keep at the bottom of my bench:
Robbie Anderson
Kennie Golladay
Marlon Mack

I know that it's just a crapshoot but I have nothing better to do in the preseason!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Golladay. Has a decent qb and is a preseason darling. Other two guys' offenses are sitting in a plastic bag on the side of the road

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Robby Anderson because lol Golladay had 2 good catches and they only happened because second string CBs fell down and Anderson might literally be the only WR on the Jets depth chart

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Robby Anderson because lol Golladay had 2 good catches and they only happened because second string CBs fell down and Anderson might literally be the only WR on the Jets depth chart

Look at this guy forgetting about Whitehead.

Edit: Oh wait Whitehead broke his foot. Where have I been?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
PUT IT ON THE BOARD!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Scuse me, Ardarius Stewart would like a word, and another rookie whose name escapes me at the moment.... Chad...Hansen I think??

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I was offered a trade in my dynasty and it seems super lovely for me.
I give: Greg Olsen, Jordy and my 2018 first rounder
I get: Njoku, Kenneth Dixon, his 2018 first rounder and 2nd rounder.
Even if I'm trying to get some more youth in my squad this is not even close to a good deal, right?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Even if I'm trying to get some more youth in my squad this is not even close to a good deal, right?

If you have to ask, you should take that deal.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Not even close, unless you're really looking to dump older assets. It might be closer to being reasonable without you giving up your first.

EDIT: I might put Olsen and Njoku on a par (with Olsen having the edge), but there is no way that Jordy is only worth Dixon + a 2nd round rookie draft pick.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmfao

• Locked thread