Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

At least its not as bad as 4OD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

People Just Do Nothing continues to be amazing. Impressed that it's been this consistently good into it's 4th series.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I feel that Julia possibly shouldn't be on Bake Off if she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown at the mildest constructive criticism.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Prue is currently the best thing on GBBO:TNG. Noel's trying to do his surreal comedy thing and it's just not landing with anyone. Like, at all. Sandi is there?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I like the way he just jettisoned all pretence of innuendo during the technical and went straight for the 'I'll get me arse out' joke.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I like the way he just jettisoned all pretence of innuendo during the technical and went straight for the 'I'll get me arse out' joke.

Oh yeah, like he just got bored of vague-ing around the joke.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I feel that Julia possibly shouldn't be on Bake Off if she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown at the mildest constructive criticism.

That's pretty much what Ruby Tandoh was like at the beginning and she nearly won the whole show!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ruby Tandoh is a treasure and I won't hear a bad word against her.

I realise nobody has said a bad word against her yet, just wanted to make my position clear.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hilariously Paul has blocked Ruby on twitter.

https://twitter.com/rubytandoh/status/902620749176950784

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Bacon Terrorist posted:

She sounds perfect for reality TV then.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

That BBC drama Trust Me left me unsatisfied

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Heh.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Looke posted:

Yeah, I was enjoying it but what a dry fart of a finale.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Lets talk bake off.

Was surprised how little was changed though I found it odd how it seemed to have been filmed largely at night. Noel seemed awkward and Sandy was just phoning it in - not a great replacement for Mel and Sue and I don't think they'll last more than one series together.

The new one woman baker judge is fine and I prefer her to Mary 'claw hands' Berry. Good bakers this series too.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Anyone watch quacks on bbc 2 ? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=quacks

Just a recommendation post, really funny I thought, binge watched 4 of them this evening. Love the characters. You have a snobby doctor, a druggie dentist and a psychiatrist who loves the snobby doctors beautiful intelligent and downtrodden because she is a women wife.

Cameos from Charles Dickens and Florence Nightingale :)

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Quacks is good.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Looke posted:

Bit of a rubbish finale wasn't it?

Here's to hoping The Cuckoo's Calling also doesn't land short with a shite final episode. I've had the audiobook for ages and never bothered listening to it, but a friend and I have liked the show so far.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I loving hate sandy toksfig

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Bape Culture posted:

Ditto.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Pissflaps posted:

Lets talk bake off.

Was surprised how little was changed though I found it odd how it seemed to have been filmed largely at night. Noel seemed awkward and Sandy was just phoning it in - not a great replacement for Mel and Sue and I don't think they'll last more than one series together.

The new one woman baker judge is fine and I prefer her to Mary 'claw hands' Berry. Good bakers this series too.

It was alright. I liked Noel a whole lot more than I expected to. Otherwise it felt like very little had changed. The new judge is good, Paul still seems like a bit of a dickbag. Disappointed in Sandi, but I'm not sure what I'd rather she was doing.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Noels voiceovers sounded like he was taking the piss.
He's right to be worried that this will end his career.

The watermelon cake was cool, but the sandwich was outstanding.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Good that they've not got a double act in to host, as they can replace one of Noel / Sandy as needed to tweak things in future.

I think it's fine, will say that watching on All4 vs iPlayer is torture due to the adverts.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted:

Is it her weird neck

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Is it her weird neck

Well, she left it at home last night.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Is it her weird neck

I just think she's boring af and not at all funny. Her presenting style is utter poo poo. Like a headmistress at a poo poo school.
Plus the daft old Amy schumer gambits where she thinks if someone doesn't like her or want to pay her infinite money they're sexist.
Really dislike the woman.

Noel's not much better the whole random pound shop surreality schitck is done.

I thought prue was nice though which was a good surprise.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
toksvig haters: wtf?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted:

I just think she's boring af and not at all funny. Her presenting style is utter poo poo. Like a headmistress at a poo poo school.
Plus the daft old Amy schumer gambits where she thinks if someone doesn't like her or want to pay her infinite money they're sexist.

Agree with all this. You're a wise man. Wise and chunky.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Agree with all this. You're a wise man. Wise and chunky.

Don't sign your posts haha

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

EL BROMANCE posted:

As in the original series' ? They were shot on video, so alas what you see is what you get.

Yet weirdly for the S2 behind the scenes documentary (also on Netflix), the clips they use for the show look better and weirdly are also in wide-screen, though I suspect that's just some cropping and zooming on their part.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Dead Goon posted:

Bit of a rubbish finale wasn't it?

Here's to hoping The Cuckoo's Calling also doesn't land short with a shite final episode. I've had the audiobook for ages and never bothered listening to it, but a friend and I have liked the show so far.

I remember liking the end of the book quite a bit. Rowling's gift for plotting pays off. The second book is probably just as good but it goes off the rails in the third one. On the one hand it's gloriously trashy and you can picture Rowling having a blast with it, but it also makes some real poor decisions (And turns Robin's boyfriend into a villain - not literally - for no good reason).

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

thehustler posted:

toksvig haters: wtf?
For years I was forever mixing her up with Linda Smith but then she died so it's stopped being a problem.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bape Culture posted:

But does she have a sexy voice?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Rarity posted:

Not as sexy as Fearne's

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Sandi Toksvig sounds like a ghost farting.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Pablo Bluth posted:

For years I was forever mixing her up with Linda Smith but then she died so it's stopped being a problem.

...which one??? :psyberger:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Rarity posted:

Not even slightly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

People Just Do Nothing continues to be amazing. Impressed that it's been this consistently good into it's 4th series.

I've only just started watching it, as even though people said it was good the idea of BBC 3 doing a sitcom about something I care about just sounds like a car crash, but they nail it. Not sure Grindah will ever be suitable for any other roles but he kills. Incredible casting.

My only concern is the 'grindah isn't his kids real dad' thing is already getting on my nerves a bit with the continued awkward camera pans and I hope that gets resolved before long.

Chabuddy G and his various schemes, especially the 'Polish' Vodka, are amazing.

DrVenkman posted:

Yet weirdly for the S2 behind the scenes documentary (also on Netflix), the clips they use for the show look better and weirdly are also in wide-screen, though I suspect that's just some cropping and zooming on their part.

Yeah it was shot on widescreen according to IMDb. Maybe the versions that are used for online streaming are just cheap and lazy compared to what is actually possible? It's a weird show as I could've sworn for years it didn't have a laugh track but it does (although I believe you could turn it off on the DVD?).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

I've only just started watching it, as even though people said it was good the idea of BBC 3 doing a sitcom about something I care about just sounds like a car crash, but they nail it. Not sure Grindah will ever be suitable for any other roles but he kills. Incredible casting.

My only concern is the 'grindah isn't his kids real dad' thing is already getting on my nerves a bit with the continued awkward camera pans and I hope that gets resolved before long.

Chabuddy G and his various schemes, especially the 'Polish' Vodka, are amazing.

It never gets resolved, but it only comes up as an occasional punchline later on.

Chabuddy only gets better as time goes on too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Both those answers make me happy. Look forward to getting through the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah it was shot on widescreen according to IMDb. Maybe the versions that are used for online streaming are just cheap and lazy compared to what is actually possible? It's a weird show as I could've sworn for years it didn't have a laugh track but it does (although I believe you could turn it off on the DVD?).

Series 1 and 2 had the laugh track, but series 3 didn't.