Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Are dudes on the wrong team for you guys too?

Burkhead was a Bengal until yesterday, Latavius Murray is still a raider (been a Viking for months), just little dumb poo poo like that.

These same players in my other MFL leagues are correct, they just aren't updating in our league. Is there a setting somewhere?

It seems right to me? When I look in add/drop, Latavius Murray is listed with the correct team. When I view his profile, he's on the right team. When I look at last year's stats, he's listed with stats from the correct team (OAK), which is different from his current team as it is from last year. Same logic holds true for me in other MFL leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Am I just really loving dumb?

Apparently.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I don't have any strong opinions on when to waiver and when to draft

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
I would rather do waivers after the draft but i don't feel terribly strongly about it

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just used FantasyPros and a spreadsheet I found online to do custom Power Ranks as a fun little pre+post draft informational chart.

I got nearly done it, saw myself dead last (by a huge margin, like 20% worse than the next guy who was already 20% down from #10) and ragequit.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'd rather process waivers before the draft.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Teemu and Swedes have expressed an actual opinion (rather than a lack of one) of moving the waiver period to after the draft. Smurf is on the record preferring before. Three other members have said they have no problem with doing it after, which is not exactly an endorsement, but also clearly isn't a vote against it.

At this point, while we have everyone here, I still feel uncertain. I'm fine with running the waivers tonight, but moving it is also fine with me.

By default with no clear consensus of at least two commissioners, we do not change the rules... so unless spermy flips, or someone actually convinces me of a reason to move it, it's going tonight. But as I said I'm on the fence so I just need to hear some kind of cogent argument for why after the draft is better.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just noticed the conditional waiver system is allowing conditional drops. But we are not allowing drops for the veteran auction! I'll turn that off momentarily but everyone needs to be 100% sure they did not add any drops into their waivers, because they're not allowed, but obviously none of the commissioners can go look at your waivers to see if you have put in a drop.

Please check and be 100% sure.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gently caress I can't figure out how to do it now

Spermy do you remember how we prevented drops from being part of the conditional bids? It was working before

I also realized we have another issue. During the season, ties between bids on a player are broken first on overall winning percentage, then on total points scored. But those are all identical for all teams right now, so... what's gonna happen if we have any tied bids?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Yeah, those are all useless in preseason.

Just go standard waiver order? Worst to first?

I dont know about conditional bids and drops, I'm in there now and will dick around with it. I didnt do any drops in my single bid though, so I'm good.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The only way other than the above image to do these is to do a "whoever placed the bid earlier" from what I can see.

Lets just not worry about it, flip a coin or something if it does happen, and do an auction draft next year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The problem is the conditional bids.

Let's say you and I both bid $12 on Bob Bobberson as first item in conditional bid group 1. We both have a second-ranked bid in our group 1; I have Smith at $8 and you have Smith at $6.

If we don't have an automated tiebreaker, the system has to pick something in order to process the second ranked item; if we do nothing, it goes by... well, I'm not 100% sure but I think with all tiebreakers invalid, it falls back to the team order as it was entered into the system? As in, the order in which I originally entered franchises, which is essentially random. So one of us would win the Bob bid, the other would get Smith, and who would be based on (I think) this list:

Which is just the "franchise order" in the system.

So if it goes in order, you'd win all ties between us (and in fact all ties period, since you've got the top franchise). If it's reverse, you'd lose all ties. I honestly can't tell what the system is gonna do though, because it has another place you can enter a custom franchise order, and on that screen it says we haven't got one (because I've never entered one).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 30, 2017

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'd vote for using end of season rankings as the tie breaker.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

I'd vote for using end of season rankings as the tie breaker.

I think that makes sense. Presumably I can put in a custom franchise order based on last season's rankings, and then tell the system to use that to break ties?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I probably missed it, but where's the rookie draft order?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's on the spreadsheet, "2017 draft picks" and it's also already been put into MFL, so if you click Draft you'll see the order of all the picks.

also it goes 12 rounds by default but I'll be shocked it we have more than like seven.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

also it goes 12 rounds by default but I'll be shocked it we have more than like seven.

I am currently 10 players from max. Assuming I win 5 waivers, I'd need 8 rounds to fill my roster. There is one other team with 13 (15 to fill), and one other with 15 (10 to fill).

So at least some of us are sitting through 8 rounds minimum.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I think that makes sense. Presumably I can put in a custom franchise order based on last season's rankings, and then tell the system to use that to break ties?

The page I found says you can create a custom tiebreaker order.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am gonna one and done the draft and just fly with 3 empty roster spots.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

The page I found says you can create a custom tiebreaker order.

Yeah I think that's the custom franchise order screen I found. What isn't totally clear is if it goes in order or in reverse order.

Zauper posted:

I am currently 10 players from max. Assuming I win 5 waivers, I'd need 8 rounds to fill my roster. There is one other team with 13 (15 to fill), and one other with 15 (10 to fill).

So at least some of us are sitting through 8 rounds minimum.

I figure some folks will hit cap, and others may be holding empty slots for the next free agent auction that comes up. But yeah some owners dropped way more guys than I was expecting.

Note that if you need lots of guys and other teams don't, you can potentially get those unwanted earlier round picks through trades. For example, if I pick up five free agents, that takes my roster to 24, with a max of 26 plus three taxi squad slots I'll be limited to no more than five rookies. So my 6th and later round picks would be cheap to trade for! I expect to see some draft pick trading happening tomorrow, after the veteran free agent auction.

...and I just realized, that's one reason to have the vet auction before the rookie draft. Provides everyone with certainty about how many draft picks they'll want.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Yeah I'm in favor of having the free agent stuff run before the draft. That was my expectation of what was originally happening anyways

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did I win yet

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

These are the official team rankings from last year. Note that this is different from the draft order, becaue the draft order includes two groups of teams that are internally randomized (the last four teams, and the middle three teams):

#12 Placeholder Team Name (worst record at 4-9)
#11 Awful Cougars (second worst record at 5-8)
#10 First Down Syndrome (of the six-way tie at 6-7, worst points-for at 1624.5)
#9 1017 BRICK SQUAD (of the six-way tie at 6-7, second-worst points-for at 1635.6)

reverse order of standings per the post-season playoff championship and consolation results. These are:

#8 Who Da Titoons (lost in the wildcard playoff match)
#7 Hawk Hunters (lost in the 2nd round of the consolation playoffs, but won in 1st and 3rd rounds)
#6 Team McLean (consolation bracket championship loser)
#5 Percy Riot (consolation bracket championship winner)
#4 Gridiron Chefs (Chen Kenichi)
#3 Concord Concordes (Leperflesh)
#2 Former Kicker Ray Finkle (Gyshall)
#1 Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em (Swarmin Swedes)

Team name changes... gently caress, OK, uhhhh.... ok gently caress. Percy Riot and Ray Finkle became Long Island Whalers and STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE, right?

gently caress that's the standings from 2015.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

From the league history standings page:
pre:
#	Franchise			Year	W	L	T	PF		PA
1. 	1017 BRICK SQUAD 		2016 	11	4	0	2414.07 	1836.78
2. 	Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em 	2016 	11	4	0	2375.32 	1938.63
3. 	Concord Concordes 		2016 	6	8	0	2323.88 	1876.36
4. 	Team McLean 			2016 	9	7	0	2288.86 	2108.58
5. 	Long Island Whalers 		2016 	9	5	0	2233.17 	1724
6. 	Hawk Hunters 			2016 	7	9	0	2212.21 	2151.88
7. 	Mediocre Cougars 		2016 	8	8	0	2190.06 	1976.77
8. 	I'm Pretty Garbage At This 	2016 	6	8	0	2100.97 	1908.88
9. 	First Down Syndrome 		2016 	6	8	0	2089.2 		1822.97
10. 	BALLS OF FURY 			2016 	6	9	0	2043.26 	1841.04
11. 	Gridiron Chefs 			2016 	8	7	0	1998.2 		2033.78
12. 	Who Da Titoons? 		2016 	2	12	0	1792.04 	1917.62
Points For is our tiebreaker but this does not account for the consolation bracket I think. 1-3 is correct, but chefs should be fourth place (lost the 3rd place game) and Hunters should be fifth (won the consolation bracket).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK wait gently caress, I know what to do here. We are splitting the free agent auction off of the rookie draft. It makes sense for the priority order for ties to be exactly the same as the draft order.

Just checked with spermy via IM and he agrees so I'm doing it, sorry if anyone doesn't like it but there's only 2 hours before the auction and I need to eat dinner.

here this is it

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 31, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I agreed because the only thing like this defined in our rules is how we figure out draft order.

Remember that whole 'let's figure this poo poo out for next year' thing? We are well on the way to an auction draft for vets. This is so annoying.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah OK I think it's set. Hopefully nobody put in conditional drops but if they did we'll just add their players back to their rosters. Everything else seems to be set up right.

For next year, the issue is I think a couple owners burn out and check out of the thread before the final games are played, and definitely right after, so using the offseason to discuss rules does not get us all engaged.

Instead I think we need to discuss rules during the season, put together a document of rules changes for the following season, and do any voting before the championship match which is totally not what you would think is the right way to go about it, but there you go.

What I do not like though is that means owners who drop out of the league are possibly throwing tiebreaking votes.

The only other solution is to somehow force everyone to pay attention and discuss and vote on things in like July.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I think this stuff Should be discussed and voted on before playoffs.

3 months from today. Let's have this done.

Will create league polls that are mandatory if we have to, they will constantly email to remind you.

I think that's the way to go for such a big change like we are proposing. Our current situation isn't perfect, so let's modify and adapt it to some thing we are all happy with.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy poo poo those bids.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well I got four guys, I can't really complain.

Everyone, please check your winnings and let me know if anything seems broken or hosed up or wrong, we have until friday night to fix anything that was broken.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I have 80 cap space. I need a qb and 4th.

1.03 and 2.03 are up for grabs, plus a wr.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright oddity #1:

Titoons and I collided over Lawrence Timmons, and he won, presumably because of higher waiver priority.

But, according to the description of how the conditional groups work, I think I should have won, because I had Timmons as first in a group, while he was third in the Titoons group. Either MFL has documented the way groups work incorrectly, or, this is bugged. Or I've misunderstood somehow.

I'm combing through the full report to see if there are any other weirdnesses.

You can all look at the same report, here: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/processed_waivers?L=79286

e. I also still see this on my add/drop screen:

Fuckin weird eh?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 31, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

so who wants gronk tho

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah that's an oddity for sure Leper. The mfl page says it doesn't work that way.

Lemme look at it in like 2hrs, maybe open a ticket.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yeah that's an oddity for sure Leper. The mfl page says it doesn't work that way.

Lemme look at it in like 2hrs, maybe open a ticket.

If we want to resolve it by moving timmons to Leper, that's fine -- just give me the next guy I had in order to bid on. Looks like he's still a FA.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

In that case!

These guys are available:

$34 - Alshon Jeffery (x - pensive, priced 2 move)
$31 - Todd Gurley - ($4-7 below market value !!! )
$14 - Lavonte David
$9 - Jordan Howard (MAYBE)
$9 - CJ Mosley
$8 - DeVante Parker (HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE)

so hit me up y'all re rebuild is on

e: PMs or email akickassduke @ gmail . com

I'll put Gronk, $15 Jordy, and $3 Diggs on this list because I'm not going to have enough FAAB to fill a full roster so I need to trade some of these guys for some rookie picks and/or roster players

e: also, I got Turbin, so whoever has Gore holla @ me

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 31, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Zauper posted:

If we want to resolve it by moving timmons to Leper, that's fine -- just give me the next guy I had in order to bid on. Looks like he's still a FA.

That's honestly easier than any other solution?

That cool with you, Leper?

On another note: When do waivers start? Saturday at 11am after the draft, or are we skipping that one and just doing one on Wednesday at 11am before kickoff a week from now?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I feel like I'm too confident in my roster...besides my garbage running backs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

That's honestly easier than any other solution?

That cool with you, Leper?

On another note: When do waivers start? Saturday at 11am after the draft, or are we skipping that one and just doing one on Wednesday at 11am before kickoff a week from now?

yeah that's fine for a solution for me; but it's good to file a service ticket too, because I think this was the only place where we had a tie, and MFL needs to update either their code or their doc.

I would think normal waivers should start saturday. I'm sure many of us have additional waiver actions we'll want to take in advance of next week's kickoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

When is our draft? Tomorrow night?