Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Phantasium posted:

It's literally what it says in the press releases.

Oh right I see now, the summary I read earlier didn't have that blurb about Bad Girl

Nevertheless still hope Destroyman comes back a third time along with whatever is left of Letz Shake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
ARMS trip report: Not bad, expected way more than what it gives though.

Motion controls didn't mesh so well with me but the controller method is fine for me.

What's with games giving you tiny amounts of fun coins? I haven't played online yet but man I didn't expect pennies just for playing it on easy unless it gives more on harder difficulties.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Policenaut posted:

The plot to No More Heroes 2 was sparked solely from a generic, faceless mission NPC you unceremoniously killed in the middle of the assassin side-missions in the original game so it doesn't seem that awkward to have Bad Girl's dad wanting blood after that.

No more heroes is an endless tale of revenge and the huge consequences of doing even the most trivial actions. NMH2's story was awesome since it was "Oh hey remember that one mission you probably grinded out hundreds of times? Well now THEY got revenge and killed your best bud! Now kill them and make the cycle keep going!"

I'm guessing the the old minigames will be replaced by the indie devs' games and the gameplay will be the hack and slash action we all love. Here's hoping to the return of the great Sir Henry Motherfucker, Destroyman V3 and whoever else was kinda not really killed.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Dizz posted:

Motion controls didn't mesh so well with me but the controller method is fine for me.

What's with games giving you tiny amounts of fun coins? I haven't played online yet but man I didn't expect pennies just for playing it on easy unless it gives more on harder difficulties.

If you just play ranked or "fun mode" (forgot what it's called) online you get coins pretty fast. With that said, you have to grind that "get new arms" game a lot to get all the arms with all the characters. The way you get the same exactly arms for each character is annoying and ends up taking forever.

My main issue with ARMS is that it ends up feeling like a super stripped-down fighting game. I don't really see a high potential skill ceiling, and the debate tournament people are having about default arms vs. custom arms is likely enough to kill any potential competitive scene even if the core gameplay ends up being deep enough for a competitive scene.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tempura Wizard posted:

I want Stardew to come out just so people here will Shut the gently caress Up About Stardew.

Shitposters stop shitposting when?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Never?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
The right way to play Arms is to drink and play the funhaver mode (Party?). Losing is something that happens, then you get to punch more.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I started to play mario and rabbids in my bed, why did I ever play docked? it's like a whole new world of pleasure is opened to me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kurtofan posted:

I started to play mario and rabbids in my bed, why did I ever play docked? it's like a whole new world of pleasure is opened to me.

I'm SUPER looking forward to when I get to bring this thing up north with me for christmas.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I finished both No More Heroes games and I don't remember a single thing about the plot or whatever, but I remember Travis Touchdown being a wiener and look forward to playing his new game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dizz posted:

I'm happy your copy finally came in. :)

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I was reading that like half of the top10 players in the world in ARMS play in handheld mode with joycons connected. That's actually pretty weird to me but I barely touch the game so they'd know more than me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I was reading that like half of the top10 players in the world in ARMS play in handheld mode with joycons connected. That's actually pretty weird to me but I barely touch the game so they'd know more than me.

I guess it would have something to do with input lag. IIRC input lag on a handheld system is greatly reduced compared to playing on most TVs and monitors and in fighting games your input lag is very important.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

XyrlocShammypants posted:

What about the other half of the community?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/903005787219345409

Bless you Nintendo for making nerds really angry over a dance pose

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wow, I actually saw a Switch in stock for the first time in the wild yesterday! :aaa: Everyone has been sold out forever around here.

I didn't buy it though, got too much other poo poo going on right now to commit to more game time.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/903005787219345409

Bless you Nintendo for making nerds really angry over a dance pose

kill video games

not saying i am butt mad about video games, but seeing luigi dab makes me think of those "remember x? this is him/her now, feel old yet?" memes and i say yes. i do.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

I didn't buy it though

This was the wrong choice

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nerds should like dabbing since it's something even they can do.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DizzyBum posted:

Wow, I actually saw a Switch in stock for the first time in the wild yesterday! :aaa: Everyone has been sold out forever around here.

I didn't buy it though, got too much other poo poo going on right now to commit to more game time.

The trick is to check toys r us. Eveywhere else is a mistake

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Splatoon 2 has reached the one million copies sold milestone in Japan. Compare this to life-to-date sales of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (660k) or Zelda: BotW (571k). Or why not the new Dragon Quest that Japan usually goes nuts for: 1.6 million copies for the 3DS version.

Yeah I made a post earlier how Splatoon1 was the best selling Wii U game in Japan, they are loving INTO this game. Which is great and probably why there has been such a massive push from Nintendo. Won't surprise me one bit if lifetime sales for the game is in the 10 top at the end of the Switch's life.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

kill video games

not saying i am butt mad about video games, but seeing luigi dab makes me think of those "remember x? this is him/her now, feel old yet?" memes and i say yes. i do.

Luigi himself is old

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wish I could only see Japanese splatoon 2 posts, i want to see the robocop

Macaluso posted:

Luigi himself is old

that makes him dabbing both better and worse

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah because a game coming out definitely causes stupid poo poo posters to stop.

:rolleye:

Mario X-Com is the game I never knew I needed.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I got Splatoon 2 yesterday and haven't played it yet. I decided I wanted it much more than Mario XCOM, mostly because I read the OP of the Splatoon 2 thread and it sounded like a blast

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Also on the No More Heroes thing that was just cleared up for me; it's going to be regular NMH gameplay with levels, bosses and everything, but those levels will be themed by indie games, kingdom hearts style. also one of those games might be dangone romper???

https://twitter.com/geistbox/status/902992180448563202

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Friend's thinking of buying a Switch, but is also moving from the US to Europe sometime in the next year, and had a question that is surprisingly hard to Google: If they buy Splatoon 2 in the US on a US eShop account, then move, will they just get matchmade with players in the US region (and thus have perpetual bad ping), or is Splatoon 2's matchmaking region-free? I assume there must be some sort of region thing because there are different Splatfests in each region?

Also, can Nintendo Accounts have their region changed, so they could start buying things on the EU eShop, or would they have to make a new account for it? Normally wouldn't be a big deal except it'd be annoying to pay for two accounts if Nintendo ever starts charging for online.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

abraham linksys posted:

Friend's thinking of buying a Switch, but is also moving from the US to Europe sometime in the next year, and had a question that is surprisingly hard to Google: If they buy Splatoon 2 in the US on a US eShop account, then move, will they just get matchmade with players in the US region (and thus have perpetual bad ping), or is Splatoon 2's matchmaking region-free? I assume there must be some sort of region thing because there are different Splatfests in each region?

Also, can Nintendo Accounts have their region changed, so they could start buying things on the EU eShop, or would they have to make a new account for it? Normally wouldn't be a big deal except it'd be annoying to pay for two accounts if Nintendo ever starts charging for online.

You can register an account in any region from any switch, and will access online services according to the location of registration, I believe.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

abraham linksys posted:

I'm pretty sure it's worldwide matchmaking but prioritises closer players with better connections.

abraham linksys posted:

You need to create one account per region and yeah I'd assume paid online (which is coming) will be linked to account, not console.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

psychoJ posted:

Also on the No More Heroes thing that was just cleared up for me; it's going to be regular NMH gameplay with levels, bosses and everything, but those levels will be themed by indie games, kingdom hearts style. also one of those games might be dangone romper???

Oh okay this is actually much better

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lmao gently caress you if you're mad about dabs

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

psychoJ posted:

Finally a place for my Travis X Monokuma slash fiction.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh hey the next splatfest has already been revealed

"For or against dabbing?" oh boy...

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

oh hey the next splatfest has already been revealed

"For or against dabbing?" oh boy...

Anti-dabber team squids all dab on the victory screen.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

While I am pro-dabbing and pro-Marina, I know in my heart that Pearl would be the pro-dabbing one

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/sinnohgirl/status/902560772995338240

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

"as he feels that direct hostility is unfitting for Mario's villains"

I mean this is as true as it gets. Are any of Mario's villains ever really shown as irredeemable monsters? I mean hell the main villain of the series is a single dad raising his kid and he's good at it??? That kind of thing extends to like, all of Mario's villains.

Meanwhile Kirby is fighting loving universe ending cosmic horrors

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Macaluso posted:

"as he feels that direct hostility is unfitting for Mario's villains"

I mean this is as true as it gets. Are any of Mario's villains ever really shown as irredeemable monsters? I mean hell the main villain of the series is a single dad raising his kid and he's good at it??? That kind of thing extends to like, all of Mario's villains.

Meanwhile Kirby is fighting loving universe ending cosmic horrors

mostly just the RPG villains

The Shadow Queen is a full on Kirby-esque cosmic horror, the Shroobs are g-rated alien conquerers, and Cackletta and Fawful are supervillains.

The X-Nauts from TTYD are somewhere in the middle between Cackletta and Fawful and Team Rocket, while Dimentio is the closest thing the Mario franchise has to an absolute monster.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
I submit to you that the princess is the real monster, as she constantly teases Mario without putting out, and furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mario is fine with it and women owe men nothing.

• Locked thread