Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Nuclear families are lovely. Cat parents have it figured out, when they get overwhelmed by their fuzzy bundles of joy then can hang out on top of the cat tower and just catch their breath. i think those two got it figured out, dad has his space he can escape to with weed and video games while the wife does all the work she signed up for by creating a glorious new life with someone she used to count on.

Really we should all be like India, where our in-laws and parents live in the same sprawling complex so they can instill ancient prejudices into the next generation, unlike lovely Americans, who have to learn hatred through the TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive met an unfortunate number of people who say things like "I cant have kids, so that just means god doesnt want me to have any" and never adopt which seems super lovely but aligns with my feeling that way more people I meet who adopt have bio kids of their own. I had a teacher in school who had two natural kids and 14(?) adopted kids he and his wife put through school and I will not lie that his family reunion photos were absolute madness what with all the grandkids.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

http://www.theonion.com/article/area-ceo-likes-to-think-of-family-as-small-close-k-34852

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Yea, and those people are dumb. Stop giving a gently caress about your dumb genes, just adopt, you'll love it exactly the same.

poo poo, you'll love it way more than any parent who had an accident kid that trapped them into a relationship.

agree, also, just stop having sex people! it's stupid and messy and leads to Problems! just knock it off you dinguses!

also you only really need to eat carrots and potatoes with butter, and drink cool water. anything else is a waste of money

turns out biological urges are super strong and it's extremely hard to overcome your innate impulses to do things like have children

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

It's a nice story, so hopefully it works out, but I'm really not optimistic for it. Children are a lot of work, especially going into it as(Essentially)a single mother, and there's absolutely no chance she's not going to feel guilty for asking him for help when she will definitely need it, and there's an equally zero chance that he's not going to resent her asking for that help. As for the argument on him letting her leave, I don't think it was meant in that way, and those were her words, not his. I doubt he would've outright forced her to stay, in any event. The real messy situation in that event is that he was under the impression that she literally could not have children and she, to his knowledge, was still on birth control, so it's hard to just call him an idiot for not doing everything he could to avoid kids, and it's also a bit hosed up(In my mind, at least)to insist that he has to just be okay with having a child running around out there that he honestly never wanted and did everything he could to avoid having, whether he meets it or not. If someone just really doesn't want to have kids, forcing that on him with "Well you'll never have to meet it" still does feel a bit unfair; he'll always have to deal with the fact that he abandoned his child, which is crazily emotionally taxing regardless of whether or not he had every right to do that. I'm not saying she should be forced into abortion in the situation, for obvious reasons, just that I really don't think the guy is being unreasonable for being uncomfortable with the prospect of her just leaving to raise the kid on her own.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

David Heinrich posted:

It's a nice story, so hopefully it works out, but I'm really not optimistic for it. Children are a lot of work, especially going into it as(Essentially)a single mother, and there's absolutely no chance she's not going to feel guilty for asking him for help when she will definitely need it, and there's an equally zero chance that he's not going to resent her asking for that help. As for the argument on him letting her leave, I don't think it was meant in that way, and those were her words, not his. I doubt he would've outright forced her to stay, in any event. The real messy situation in that event is that he was under the impression that she literally could not have children and she, to his knowledge, was still on birth control, so it's hard to just call him an idiot for not doing everything he could to avoid kids, and it's also a bit hosed up(In my mind, at least)to insist that he has to just be okay with having a child running around out there that he honestly never wanted and did everything he could to avoid having, whether he meets it or not. If someone just really doesn't want to have kids, forcing that on him with "Well you'll never have to meet it" still does feel a bit unfair; he'll always have to deal with the fact that he abandoned his child, which is crazily emotionally taxing regardless of whether or not he had every right to do that. I'm not saying she should be forced into abortion in the situation, for obvious reasons, just that I really don't think the guy is being unreasonable for being uncomfortable with the prospect of her just leaving to raise the kid on her own.

Yeah he got a rough hand and he's not gonna get much sympathy over it from internet dillweeds but what ya gonna do, there's no kind of sex involving a dick and vagina that carries a 0% risk of pregnancy and dudes can't unilaterally abort, cut your nuts off and join a monastery

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
My [22M] girlfriend [19F] hates her birthday present and thinks I'm an egoist

quote:

So her birthday was today. I've thought long and hard what I should get her and finally decided to buy her one of these Japanese school girl sailor suit outfits because I thought it would look great on her and I've always fantasized what she would look like in one. We sometimes watch anime together so it's not like she doesn't know this outfit at all and I genuinely believed that she'd like it. It also wasn't that cheap, I didn't buy one of these Chinese rip-off outfits but it's an authentic Japanese product flown in from Tokyo.
I thought she'd love it and maybe try it on and present it to me once she got it but as it turned out she didn't like it at all. Of course she didn't outright say it but I pick up on subtle things, like her saying that "it's nice" but not trying it on at all. So I asked her what she didn't like about it and after some time she admitted that she thought it was egotistical of me to gift her this present because I had actually bought it with myself in mind, of course I disagreed and tried explaining to her that I had simply thought that she would look sexy in a sailor suit outfit and that's why I got it.
So she doesn't like it and probably will not even try it on, I'd try for a refund but seeing how it was from a Japanese company that's probably way too much work. Should I get her another present or should she be content with this one? I mean it is really high quality and also looks really great, I don't see why she can't wear it ...
Also not sure if relevant but my girlfriend is Caucasian, not Asian
tl;dr: Got my girlfriend a Japanese sailor suit school girl outfit for her birthday but she accuses me of having bought it for myself and refuses to wear it

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Buzkashi posted:

was legit surprised his gf is white

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Total Meatlove posted:

Usually an extended essay that can form one of the required modules of many to achieve a full degree. I can’t remember how long they normally are - 15k words? It’s more than possible that the dissertation is finished but they’re awaiting exam results.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm used to the terminology in the US where a thesis is for MA students (and I guess some BAs?) and dissertation is the last part of a PhD where they tell you then and there after the defense if you passed or not.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

PetraCore posted:

See! Middle ground!
it's not really a middle ground, she gets everything she wants and he begrudgingly goes along with something he emphatically doesn't want because he's so invested in their 8 year relationship that he wants to at least try and work through it.

He's either gonna fall in love with the baby and things will work out or he's going to become a intense ball of resentment and things will implode, but either way it's not really a middleground so much as her unilaterally making an 18 year decision for both their lives.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Buzkashi posted:

peak reddit has been achieved

how many comments are backing dude up I can't find it

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

"I got my girlfriend an outfit to satisfy my fetish for her birthday and she's angry at me? Internet please advise"

e: Yeah, the dude is getting hosed over hard in this scenario, and there's gonna be a lot of harsh resentment going forward. It's depressing, but that's life.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

David Heinrich posted:

"I got my girlfriend an outfit to satisfy my fetish for her birthday and she's angry at me? Internet please advise"

I don't understand why she keeps saying her present is all about me, I thought she would get my dick really hard if she wore it!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Buzkashi posted:

she thought it was egotistical of me to gift her this present because I had actually bought it with myself in mind, of course I disagreed

quote:

I had simply thought that she would look sexy in a sailor suit outfit
:thunk:

My [24F] boyfriend [24M] of 2 years bought me a gift I hate. Did I gently caress up by telling him?

quote:

So my birthday is fast approaching and as such the discussion of gifts has been a hot topic in our house. My boyfriend is usually anxious about giving gifts but this time he kept hinting he had a really good idea and seemed really excited about it. In addition he joked he'd cry if I didn't like the gift and made it clear that he would be genuinely upset. He also mentioned he'd be upset if I found out the surprise before my birthday and as such went to the length of having it delivered to his parents address rather than ours. One of his hints was ' I can see us still using these in 50 years when we're old and grey' - intriguing and kinda romantic right?

He borrowed my laptop to order the gift, deleted the history and carried on merrily. Unfortunately the browser I use comes up with tiles of the last website you've been on. In this case the website he'd ordered my gift from, revealing the gift to be a set of artisan weighing scales. An extremely expensive set of scales at that. I just want to make it clear I wasn't snooping, it was genuinely an accident that I found out.

Dear god, I hate this gift. And I hate it on so many levels.

1) I own 4 sets of scales already, including a fancy digital set I bought <6 months ago.

2) I think they're fiddily to use and an unnecessary faff.

3) I don't use scales that much- he does all the cooking.

4) We have a tiny modern (white and steel) kitchen, I have literally no counter space for these oversized (black and brass) Victorian style antiques that are going to look completely out of place.

5) I hate how expensive they were.

6) I feel he's bought these for himself because his parents own a set and he's mentioned he really likes them. I mentioned I didn't particularly like them at this time.

After deliberation with friends and family (including lots of making light of the situation and trying to see the funny side) I decided the best thing was just to gently come clean. When he came home I admitted what had happened and said they weren't really my thing. I made sure to be as nice about it as possible, didn't even hint that actually I was a bit pissed about it.

He completely shut down and wouldn't talk about it. When I tried to dig a little he said he felt humiliated and a fool. He didn't want to explain his thinking at all but did say the only thing he's learnt from this is to not try and think outside the box in future. The rest of the evening was really awkward.

I feel like a complete shitbag. I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful or to put him down at all. The final blow is that as they have been dispatched and are massively heavy (over 3 kg) they are gonna cost an absolute fortune to send back- Almost half the price of the gift in the first place.

Edit: A lot of you think I collect scales (I don't) I've just lived in lots of student houses over the years and accumulated them, I'm actively trying to get rid of them!
Edit 2: This is not a deal breaker in our relationship.

tl;dr: My boyfriend got me a gift I hate and he's not handling the news well, did I do the right thing in telling him? How can I help him get over it?
lol that OP had to edit in "THIS IS NOT A DEAL BREAKER" in large bold text, in a thread about her boyfriend getting her one gift she wasn't thrilled about.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

it's not really a middle ground, she gets everything she wants and he begrudgingly goes along with something he emphatically doesn't want because he's so invested in their 8 year relationship that he wants to at least try and work through it.

He's either gonna fall in love with the baby and things will work out or he's going to become a intense ball of resentment and things will implode, but either way it's not really a middleground so much as her unilaterally making an 18 year decision for both their lives.

ultimately it is her choice and nobody else's, so you can't really blame her for making a unilateral choice when biology works that way

imo he'll be a lot less resentful because she's already lowered her expectations of him as a father, which is the fair thing to do even if it is harder on her. and i wouldn't say that he "emphatically doesn't want" the kid, if he did he would just take the out of being a deadbeat. like he doesn't have to skip out and be guilty, nor does he have to settle down and commit - he gets to hover at some distance being a "co-parent" instead of a father

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

She's an idiot for not leaving him over a gift she dislikes

Outsource your relationship to Reddit so you can be alone and have more time to be an idiot on Reddit

e: To be fair, while she said she won't bother him over helping with the child, it seems like she also works, and I don't feel like she comprehends how much effort and stress having a kid is. She'll definitely resent him for not helping later when she hasn't slept for 3 days, even if he always agreed not to.

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 31, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

do people not have conversations about this kind of thing? My ex had the nuva ring and encouraged me to ditch condoms if I wanted. I explicitly told her I didn't want kids, and asked if she was open an abortion if birth control failed.

I thought that's what adults do, but I guess I'm a weirdo!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

maskenfreiheit posted:

do people not have conversations about this kind of thing? My ex had the nuva ring and encouraged me to ditch condoms if I wanted. I explicitly told her I didn't want kids, and asked if she was open an abortion if birth control failed.

i'm sure they did, what with her telling him that not only is she on the pill but also that she's medically infertile, but then changing her mind when a medical miracle happened

like it's not like they were drunkenly rawdogging, dude had a pretty solid expectation that there would be no children and it seems like they both handled it reasonably well with maturity

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

maskenfreiheit posted:

Right. But then people change their minds when a pregnancy happens.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The Ferret King posted:

Right. But then people change their minds when a pregnancy happens.

Sure, but it's totally understandable for him to be pissed if they had an agreement not to have kids and she ditched that when it actually did. It's also a hard situation for her, but I sincerely don't envy that dude.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
The miracle baby and 'why not just adopt' discussion reminds me of a really sad tale from a family friend (that was our babysitter when my brother and I were young).

The mom was suposedly infertile, don't know the precise medical condition or anything but she was told by doctors she couldn't have kids. As she/her husband still wanted kids, they adopted one son, Jason who was a couple years old by that point. Years later things were kinda mixed with jason as he was old enough to come with some baggage that affected his social development(why people are p reluctant to adopt anything other than newborns), but they still loved him of course, they had a miracle pregnancy. Along came Daniel, the child they thought they could never have, and coupled with some of the behavioral issues Jason exhibited there ended up being some pretty clear favoritism between the two. Fast forward 5 or so years (when my brother and I met them) and even to us kids it was pretty obvious the dad resented Jason and loved Daniel, but it was also hard because Daniel had some mental development disabilities (probably related to whatever reason the odds of pregnancy were low in the first place).

There's no real ending beyond that, we knew them for some years and the problems/resentment grew as time went on until we eventually moved away. I guess moral of the story is maybe at least she's lucky she had this miracle baby before looking towards adoption, as that can create a really hosed up family dynamic?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

Did you read the story? She specifically discussed her infertility and bc stuff with him and he was happy because he specifically didn't want kids. Their relationship was entirely founded on this premise as referenced by the fact that her last relationship ended because he wanted kids but she couldn't have them. Danny was the miracle boyfriend who made her feel whole even if she couldn't have kids, because he didn't want them, and then she just went "welp lol gently caress you".

Not that I don't empathize with her predicament, to her it felt like the last shot she had to be a biomom and i don't even remotely blame her for taking it, it's just sorta sad how hard that guy got hosed despite going to such great lengths to assure he could have the life he wanted.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

boner confessor posted:

ultimately it is her choice and nobody else's, so you can't really blame her for making a unilateral choice when biology works that way

imo he'll be a lot less resentful because she's already lowered her expectations of him as a father, which is the fair thing to do even if it is harder on her. and i wouldn't say that he "emphatically doesn't want" the kid, if he did he would just take the out of being a deadbeat. like he doesn't have to skip out and be guilty, nor does he have to settle down and commit - he gets to hover at some distance being a "co-parent" instead of a father

Being a deadbeat is about as much of an "out" for an unwanted pregnancy as robbing a bank and going on the lam is an "out" for a lovely job. Guy got super unlucky and doesn't have any good options but then neither do all the folks who're gonna get run over or have heart attacks tomorrow, life is innately unfair and it sounds like the two of them have done the best they can with the hand they've been dealt.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

Not that I don't empathize with her predicament, to her it felt like the last shot she had to be a biomom and i don't even remotely blame her for taking it, it's just sorta sad how hard that guy got hosed despite going to such great lengths to assure he could have the life he wanted.

yeah, but sometimes stuff happens in life that sucks for you and you just have to deal. like he didn't get in an accident, now he's just a father and he has to grapple with that whole situation. could be a lot worse. dude is 34, so it's not like he's in the prime of his party years, and his SO is giving him plenty of time and space to process what he wants to do. hopefully he doesn't have some expensive or time consuming hobby/career to choose between and he can just enjoy being a dad

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Being a deadbeat is about as much of an "out" for an unwanted pregnancy as robbing a bank and going on the lam is an "out" for a lovely job. Guy got super unlucky and doesn't have any good options but then neither do all the folks who're gonna get run over or have heart attacks tomorrow, life is innately unfair and it sounds like the two of them have done the best they can with the hand they've been dealt.

it is a valid choice on the table that plenty of unwilling fathers choose. it's a lovely choice that flags you as a lovely person, as well as one which leads to feelings of guilt if you've got functioning emotions, but it's a choice that is sadly common in this situation. for all mom knows if she really leaned on dad to settle down and be a father against his will he could just bail, with or without child support

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 31, 2017

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Sure, but it's pretty sad to have to choose between being an awful person or making your life significantly harder in a way you never wanted it to be. It's just a depressing situation where I can't really blame either person for their decisions in it, but I feel like it's going to end with a whole lot of anger, so treating it like a storybook ending or even a compromise when the woman is pretty clearly pushing a very unhappy guy into something he never wanted and is never going to want is odd.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

David Heinrich posted:

Sure, but it's pretty sad to have to choose between being an awful person or making your life significantly harder in a way you never wanted it to be. It's just a depressing situation where I can't really blame either person for their decisions in it, but I feel like it's going to end with a whole lot of anger, so treating it like a storybook ending or even a compromise when the woman is pretty clearly pushing a very unhappy guy into something he never wanted and if never going to want is odd.

imo she'll be more resentful because she's sacrificing some stability and intimacy by letting dad partially off the hook and allowing him to be part time papa. which is kind of her but she'll regret it, as you said, during some 3am feeding

we don't really know dad's perspective here, there's a very good chance he'll warm up to his new role. it depends on if he's got some other thing in his life that consumes all of his time like, i dunno, kite surfing or he owns a comic book store or something, and now he has to juggle that with fatherhood. if he's just some guy doing his thing then what else is he giving up aside from the last vestiges of his youthful freedom which is an illusion anyway?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Buzkashi posted:

She should dump you because when it was brought up, you dedended by saying "whoa the gift isn't for me it's for you to wear for me."

Haifisch posted:

My [24F] boyfriend [24M] of 2 years bought me a gift I hate. Did I gently caress up by telling him?

lol that OP had to edit in "THIS IS NOT A DEAL BREAKER" in large bold text, in a thread about her boyfriend getting her one gift she wasn't thrilled about.
:sever: and don't look back. Gift giving is an act of aggression and by backing down he's showing he cannot contend with you in the arena of love.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

boner confessor posted:

the last vestiges of his youthful freedom which is an illusion anyway?

parent spotted

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

yeah, but sometimes stuff happens in life that sucks for you and you just have to deal. like he didn't get in an accident, now he's just a father and he has to grapple with that whole situation. could be a lot worse. dude is 34, so it's not like he's in the prime of his party years, and his SO is giving him plenty of time and space to process what he wants to do. hopefully he doesn't have some expensive or time consuming hobby/career to choose between and he can just enjoy being a dad
It sounds like his career was specifically set up with the idea he'd be working super harsh hours for long periods of time and then have streaks of free time he'd use for travel/unwinding so it's not really cohesive to being a good full time father. He had a life situation he (and his SO) enjoyed that makes it hard to have a traditional family and he was about as responsible with his decision and attempts to not have a kid as you could ask, outside of being an abstinent monk.

I hope their dynamic works out, it sounds like she was willing to be a single mom and he is willing to support her in what way he can, it's about the best compromise they as a couple can have for this fluke situation. They both sound like good people and I want to reiterate I don't have any issues with her choice, it's understandable and she was right in having the kid because she wanted to, it's just a bit unlucky for the dude is all. I think it's possible to empathize with both people here.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Yeah he got a rough hand and he's not gonna get much sympathy over it from internet dillweeds but what ya gonna do, there's no kind of sex involving a dick and vagina that carries a 0% risk of pregnancy and dudes can't unilaterally abort, cut your nuts off and join a monastery

zero sympathy for a dude in his thirties who's certain he doesn't want kids and doesn't get a vasectomy

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
serious times, if I was in a long-term relationship and we decided we're not having kids at all, I'd call the doctor's office right there and then to make an appointment to get the snip.

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 31, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

David Heinrich posted:

Sure, but it's pretty sad to have to choose between being an awful person or making your life significantly harder in a way you never wanted it to be. It's just a depressing situation where I can't really blame either person for their decisions in it, but I feel like it's going to end with a whole lot of anger, so treating it like a storybook ending or even a compromise when the woman is pretty clearly pushing a very unhappy guy into something he never wanted and is never going to want is odd.

Sucks also for all the folks who wanted a family and got a poo poo-flinging retard who'll be dependent on them for the rest of their lives, but that's life and here I am, whatcha gonna do?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

serious times, if I was in a long-term relationship and we decided we're not having kids at all, I'd call the doctor's office right there and then to make an appointment to get the snip.

He thought she was infertile AND on the pill. People tend to not want to do unnecessary surgery, plus it costs money.

I hope he bought a lotto ticket after he found out! :v:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Haifisch posted:

i think the only thing that will fix it is time, another dating concept redditors have trouble with

"how can I fix this" usually means some sort of magical combo of words to make their SO stop having the wrong feels.

And again - healthy relationships are about communication.

One ex and I exchanged Christmas Amazon wish lists for example. We both got each other a surprise too, but a surprise should be like, a 15 dollar vegetarian crock pot book, not 300 scales.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

WampaLord posted:

He thought she was infertile AND on the pill. People tend to not want to do unnecessary surgery, plus it costs money.

More of a quick trim than something I'd call surgery.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

I hope their dynamic works out, it sounds like she was willing to be a single mom and he is willing to support her in what way he can, it's about the best compromise they as a couple can have for this fluke situation. They both sound like good people and I want to reiterate I don't have any issues with her choice, it's understandable and she was right in having the kid because she wanted to, it's just a bit unlucky for the dude is all. I think it's possible to empathize with both people here.

yeah, i'm not blaming anyone, this story was tough because there's no clear villain/victim or winner/loser

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

zero sympathy for a dude in his thirties who's certain he doesn't want kids and doesn't get a vasectomy

actually this is a super good point

WampaLord posted:

if you 100% don't want kids and you're a man, a vasectomy is the opposite of unnecessary surgery. this isn't victim blaming, his situation still sucks, but it's way easier to get sterilized if you're a man and it demonstrates your commitment to the whole "i never want kids" thing. it's harder to get your wisdom teeth out than to get the snip

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Abstinence only education, until he trips and lands dick-first in a woman

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 31, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I don't think "my wife is sterile and on bc to help her hormones so I should still opt for a totally elective (and not free) surgery (any of which carry risks due to anesthesia)" is a stance you can really recommend without being a victim blaming rear end in a top hat. He did basically everything reasonable and you're just gonna sound about on par with certain others advocating for kids as a penalty for sex.

It's also not 100% effective so such a fluke could have still happened.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Dear reddit: I'm a real dickhead and I bought my girlfriend a real dickhead kind of gift and when she wasn't thrilled about it, I listed all the dickhead reasons it was a good gift. She's not convinced, so help me reddit, how do I convince my girlfriend that I am not a complete dickhead, while still maintaining my dickhead ways, and maybe get blown by her in that outfit because I'm actually a pedophile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't think "my wife is sterile and on bc to help her hormones so I should still opt for a totally elective (and not free) surgery (any of which carry risks due to anesthesia)" is a stance you can really recommend without being a victim blaming rear end in a top hat. He did basically everything reasonable and you're just gonna sound about on par with certain others advocating for kids as a penalty for sex.

It's also not 100% effective so such a fluke could have still happened.

getting a vasectomy is super reasonable behavior for anyone who absolutely does not want kids. it's not like it's some ordeal, at worst it costs a thousand bucks without insurance and you have to take it easy for a weekend. it's way easier for a man to get sterilized than for a woman, you don't even need general anasthesia - topical is fine. like i dunno where you think the testicles are located but it turns out they're real easy to get to via surgery. it's easier to endure than nearly all dental work