Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cactus Jack posted:

This is an issue you see with the really old people in Congress. They were around when a semblance of bipartisanship existed, both sides would hang out with each recreationally and they wish it would get back to that.

Not like him being a money launderer hasn't been an open secret for like 30 years.

“While I’m under no illusion that it’s likely to happen and will continue to oppose his policies, I want President Trump to change for the good of the country,” she said.

Hang her! Hang her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The son of the POTUS talking about him like Taylor Swift talking about mean tweets.

I hope someone gets a chance to ask Eric if his dad has found his "safe space" yet.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Trump was in my town for a little over two hours today. Traffic was surprisingly not terrible considering...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hunter gatherers that we have had historical contact with is not exactly what I had in mind. Those are neolithic folk, some with access to horses, shooting deer/gazel with bow and arrow.

I'm talking pleistocene peoples tracking across endless steppe in bands of 25 to 30 people with half a dozen wolfdogs. Half of the clan are kids and half of them will die before adulthood. So you have a little more than a dozen adults who have to regularly kill giant animals with spears just to eat, and they have to fight off giant lions, bears and hyenas regularly who want to eat their kills or flat out eat them. They fight half the people they run into because they are desperate survivors of the Ice Age wasteland. The winters are horrific and as likely to kill you as everything else combined. Doesn't sound like a pleasant life.

sure if you imagine the worst case scenario then the scenario you have in mind seems pretty bad but remember humans evolved in the tropics

humans hunting wooly mammoths for survival is a weird old artifact of imagining humans as hunters first and gatherers second and is basically the paleolithic equivalent of a nightmare situation that was not very common

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Ague Proof posted:

Has Covoking just become the new Arzying now that the Arziers turned out to be right?

His own daughter called it blood money.

No Covoking and Arzying are different things. Arzying is an irrational belief that something bad will happen. Covoking is the irrational catastrophizing of bad things that have already happened.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The Pale King posted:

God it would be great if he pulled a bud Dwyer

Don't be ridiculous. He needs Keith Schiller to do the firing.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

Office Pig posted:

Well, this is the trumpthread, so what's going on in Trumpland?
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/902948335748866048
...??????
Dude looks like someone drew a boardwalk caricature of self pity on wax paper and it melted in the sun

He looks like someone took Stephen Baldwin trapped him in an evil fun house mirror, then genetically inserted the Dave Matthews discography to his DNA

He looks like if every member of a private handball court went through the fly teleporter at the same time while covered in axe body spray

He looks like he roofies himself when he masturbates

If you ever wondered what patrick Bateman would look like if he got reared in the walls of an abandoned house with his sole companion a pookah shell necklace he named broseph

He looks like the halfway point for Bradley cooper getting converted into an agent smith

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Not sure if a Bud Dwyer situatio nwould make Americans buy more guns or less guns

Randbrick posted:

Dude looks like someone drew a boardwalk caricature of self pity on wax paper and it melted in the sun

He looks like someone took Stephen Baldwin trapped him in an evil fun house mirror, then genetically inserted the Dave Matthews discography to his DNA

He looks like if every member of a private handball court went through the fly teleporter at the same time while covered in axe body spray

He looks like he roofies himself when he masturbates

If you ever wondered what patrick Bateman would look like if he got reared in the walls of an abandoned house with his sole companion a pookah shell necklace he named broseph

He looks like the halfway point for Bradley cooper getting converted into an agent smith

This kinda read like an Apatow movie outtake sesion, but I laughed at the last one so kudos

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Deadulus posted:

I think the right has successfully pushed that Antifa and Neo-Nazis are morally equivalent at this point. Most centrists seemed to have grabbed right onto it.

It doesn't take much pushing to convince people that it's a bad thing when a group uses violence to stop people exercising their rights
e: also I think (with fuckall polling to back it up, so who cares what I think) that most people think antifa are bad but neonazis are worse.

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 31, 2017

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Not sure if a Bud Dwyer situatio nwould make Americans buy more guns or less guns

I think you know the answer to that.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Its America. Running a stop light causes people to go buy guns.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

WeAreTheRomans posted:

History shows us that sales of Hoyo de Monterrey cigars (specifically the Excalibur IV) skyrocketed in the mid-90's but sales of blue dresses did not.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

this cyberpunk future is lame.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

awesmoe posted:

It doesn't take much pushing to convince people that it's a bad thing when a group uses violence to stop people exercising their rights

Nazis have the right to taste the curb.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
When someone claims antifa are the real neo-nazis that's fine as a statement. I mean I disagree but ok that's an opinion.

But I wonder what the actual neo-nazis are in that case. The ones that are actually out there marching with nazi and fascist symbols all over them. Are they ultra-nazis now? Neo-neo nazis? Are they actually antifa if antifa are actually neo-nazis?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I feel like in history of presidents, Trump is most likely to quit before 4 years are up.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BlackIronHeart posted:

History shows us that sales of Hoyo de Monterrey cigars (specifically the Excalibur IV) skyrocketed in the mid-90's but sales of blue dresses did not.

Does that cigar come pre-soaked?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I feel like in history of presidents, Trump is most likely to quit before 4 years are up.

Not true. Nixon now has a 100% probability of quitting before 4 years are up

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

William Henry Harrison is the ultimate quitter.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

poo poo, forgot about those

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

She's not wrong

But he literally can't so a moot point

What are you talking about?

As a young 60 year old boy, he was all "grab dem pussies", but now as a mature 70 yea old he now-sdoipklfjhde9iugvheuriokwhjgueijhbguierhfgehrifgehrfgjherfgjho9iupewrhoipf

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/foxnewspoll/status/903019753245216778

NEW!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Does that cigar come pre-soaked?

What? Nixon served from '69 to Aug. '74.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

What? Nixon served from '69 to Aug. '74.

Fiiiine, before the end of his term

e: yeah OK it didn't pan out, lets just pretend he said terms...

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Well sure, if you're white

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

boner confessor posted:

e: oh you said before agriculture. actually being a hunter gatherer is pretty awesome in many ways and one of the big questions about early human history is why and how the transition to agriculture took place given that early agriculture does indeed suck

The answer pretty clearly seems that you and your family sit down in some big giant naturally occurring blueberry field or something then eat blueberries all day and have the easiest life imaginable, then eventually figure out some tips and tricks to keep your thing going being the blueberry guy. Then it's 30 years later and your blueberry field it's all your kids ever knew and you are stuck in a full time job and your awful wife is telling you to wake up at 5am to pull weeds so you have enough to trade some for a seashell neckless like becky has and you can't just leave your dead end job.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/903038663457689605

She's running

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tatsuta Age posted:

Well sure, if you're white

And able-bodied, and not a filthy intellectual.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
I want to meet the people who don't know aren't sure if anderson cooper or nazis are the bigger threat

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/30/julian-schmoke-jr-trump-education-department-college-enforcement-242176

Not sure if this got brought up but Devos isn't stopping with the "place the absolutely worst person possible in every position" tradition.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Antifa is really undefined but they feel like the crowd at a Pogues concert

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

meanwhile

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/903051850844385280

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Good for her. If she keeps supporting stuff like this, I'd be happy to support her in 2020.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Randbrick posted:

I want to meet the people who don't know aren't sure if anderson cooper or nazis are the bigger threat

If you're a Nazi then Nazis don't really pose a threat to you. It turns out 70% of republicans are both white supremacists and fascist.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

This got quoted 4 times and nobody noted "mimimim"

It's fun to say. Mimimim.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Repeat after me: "Climate Refugees"

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
If there's a Great and Powerful Oz behind a curtain controlling everything I suspect it must be Terry Gilliam.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

DaveWoo posted:

Good for her. If she keeps supporting stuff like this, I'd be happy to support her in 2020.

I'm sure many on the "left" will find her impure. I hope she picks Duckworth as her running mate.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Koalas March posted:

We are beyond the point of parody. It also sets a loving horrifying precedent.

VICE News has been doing a lot of reporting on Duterte, and all I can think (and what's probably their intent) is that Duterte is Trump if he had an 80% approval rating.

BrianBoitano posted:

It's fun to say. Mimimim.

Like the British say Aluminum. Aluminium.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 31, 2017

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Are Maddow's ratings actually going up, or are embarrassed Fox viewers just tuning out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I saw some people asking what happened with Harvey today. Houston is mostly recovering, hopefully they wont get hit by rains too hard again soon.

Port Arthur and Beaumont were hit really hard. I think two fatalities in Beaumont, I'm not sure of names or stories.
The evacuation shelter in Port Arthur flooded.
https://twitter.com/12NewsNow/status/902815135995191296

But people came together and helped people (and animals) find shelter.
https://twitter.com/chelseafountain/status/902898554116694016
https://twitter.com/chelseafountain/status/902982196377657344

• Locked thread