Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Never feel bad for taking Orcs to task. Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Is there no Age of Sigmar thread in his forum? The only one I've found is closed for archival.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Rhaegar posted:

Is there no Age of Sigmar thread in his forum? The only one I've found is closed for archival.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811453

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Thanks, missed that one in my search.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Hi guys - I'm selling an old metal Skaven team and the old goblin star players.

Skaven Blood Bowl team (12 players) with three additional metal gutter runners and metal mutant star player (need stripping) - £25 (+4 if need to be posted 2nd class recorded).
3 metal goblin star players (need stripping) - £12 (+3 if need to be posted 2nd class recorded).

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Thundercloud posted:

Hi guys - I'm selling an old metal Skaven team and the old goblin star players.

Skaven Blood Bowl team (12 players) with three additional metal gutter runners and metal mutant star player (need stripping) - £25 (+4 if need to be posted 2nd class recorded).
3 metal goblin star players (need stripping) - £12 (+3 if need to be posted 2nd class recorded).

Will you post to Australia? I'm super interested in the Skaven. I don't have PM's but if you're interested (and haven't sold them yet) you can email me at mills dot j dot richard at gmail dot com If you absolutely can't post to Aus then I can potentially get a UK address. I'm that interested :)

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Redvenom posted:

Will you post to Australia? I'm super interested in the Skaven. I don't have PM's but if you're interested (and haven't sold them yet) you can email me at mills dot j dot richard at gmail dot com If you absolutely can't post to Aus then I can potentially get a UK address. I'm that interested :)

Emailed you. OK to post to Australia, it'll just take ages and I'll send them at cost.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Is Shadow War: Armageddon worth playing? Or should I just wait for Necromunda at this point?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Is Shadow War: Armageddon worth playing? Or should I just wait for Necromunda at this point?

Just wait.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shadow War is totally worth playing. It is based on the old Necromunda ruleset, however, with all of the pluses and minuses that brings. There aren't any changes to the gameplay though warband management is simplified. It's a lot of fun and you can play as any faction in 40k with a basic box or two. If that's of interest and you can find people to play, go for it. If not, Necromunda is out in November or something.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
Noticed that my FLGS has two copies of Assassinorum: Execution Force. Anyone know if it's good enough in its own right to pick up, or is it more of a 'Get the Assassins for Not $30 Each'?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shadow War IS Necromunda without gangs or good campaign rules. Its Necromunda with 40k factions.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
If you and your friends have models for 40k, SWA is just another way to use them. If you like 40k as a setting but don't want to invest in a whole army, SWA is a good entry point to the hobby. If you specifically want gang warfare, wait for Newcromunda.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Is the new Necromunda going to have revised rules or is it just a re-release?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Rhaegar posted:

Is the new Necromunda going to have revised rules or is it just a re-release?

Rumor is that it's based on 8e.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Rumor is it's gonna be real different, alternating activations and such.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

JcDent posted:

Rumor is it's gonna be real different, alternating activations and such.

This is a good thing. 8e with modifications for skirmish, alternating activations, and a good campaign sounds like a decent game.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I have no idea what it's going to be like, but I'm glad that they're at least taking a swing at something new. Don't get me wrong, I loving loved Necromunda and it was the source of some of my best gaming memories, but it's an old system - and if you really want to, you can still get a hold of the rules and play it again. I'd much rather GW try to rework it and release a new/improved system; maybe it'll be mediocre, but they'll never bottle lightning if they don't try.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Ashcans posted:

I have no idea what it's going to be like, but I'm glad that they're at least taking a swing at something new. Don't get me wrong, I loving loved Necromunda and it was the source of some of my best gaming memories, but it's an old system - and if you really want to, you can still get a hold of the rules and play it again. I'd much rather GW try to rework it and release a new/improved system; maybe it'll be mediocre, but they'll never bottle lightning if they don't try.

Ideally they'll try it and be successful, either in sales or in just landing on a decent set of rules, and that will either inspire them to keep trying to release updated versions of older games (Mordheim, Gorkamorka) or they'll just port older games to this new system rather than reinventing the wheel over and over.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

Ideally they'll try it and be successful, either in sales or in just landing on a decent set of rules, and that will either inspire them to keep trying to release updated versions of older games (Mordheim, Gorkamorka) or they'll just port older games to this new system rather than reinventing the wheel over and over.

I really hope they try it and come up with something decent. I doubt I could even borrow the amount of money I'd want to spend on a new edition of Mordheim if it was good.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Unfortunately, rules writing isn't GWs forte, but one can dream :(

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New Necromunda trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwD6Z7GzGxI
It shows off a few more of the Escher and Goliath models.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That board is discouraging, but gently caress the models look rad.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

New Necromunda trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwD6Z7GzGxI
It shows off a few more of the Escher and Goliath models.

Man that looks awesome. I can't wait to get my Delaque on eventually.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

That board is discouraging, but gently caress the models look rad.
They also showed them off on the Shadow War terrain and the Forge World Zone Mortalis board sections. I'm guessing the cardboard board sections are to let people get started easier and may even be alternate rules for movement, measuring, etc. I don't think they're tone deaf enough to gently caress up Necromunda by making it a board game rather than a full tabletop game with terrain, levels, etc.* I think I remembered hearing that a designer mentioned at the recent Open Day that they wanted to get ZM-liked boards in as an option. Hopefully the tiles are just that, a cheaper ZM option.

*I realize this may be completely, absolutely wrong.

Edit:
Oh, hey. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/a-closer-look-at-necromundagw-homepage-post-2/

quote:

As well as the underhive style of play covered by the boxed set, there will also be ways to play Necromunda with the multi-level skirmishes that defined the classic version of the game. These work great on tables using the Sector Mechanicus terrain sets released earlier this year (great news for anyone who built a Shadow War Armageddon board).

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 31, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/a-closer-look-at-necromundagw-homepage-post-2/

-Two variations of rules, one with the board tiles for quicker play, one with the multi-level terrain.
-Houses getting expanded unique weapon options. Escher gets chem weapons, Goliath gets repurposed industrial tools.
-Modular hairstyles :allears:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm always worried when they try to put two ways to play into the same book. One or both ends up being under cooked and if they're pushing for people to play the boxed version it makes me think that the actual tabletop rules are going to be slapped on.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment!

Those girls have not skipped an ab day, I see.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really like that the Escher gangers aren't anorexic cheescake like Infinity tends towards. They're muscular and scarred.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

They could probably be that thin, though; there's probably not that much quality food in the underhive.

But then the Goliaths wouldn't be these beefcakes... so it's all good in the end.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I am once again not impressed with the Escher sculpts. Poor body proportions, weird poses, and just kinda lumpy-lookin'.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SteelMentor posted:

-Modular hairstyles :allears:

GW is getting better :)

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm always worried when they try to put two ways to play into the same book. One or both ends up being under cooked and if they're pushing for people to play the boxed version it makes me think that the actual tabletop rules are going to be slapped on.

The tabletop rules will just be SW:A slightly modified so I don't see what you could worry about

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Zaphod42 posted:

The tabletop rules will just be SW:A slightly modified so I don't see what you could worry about

They said they are going for 8e based rather than the 2e Necro base that SW:A was built off.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Chiwie posted:

They said they are going for 8e based rather than the 2e Necro base that SW:A was built off.

Yeah but that'll be true for both modes, and just means flipping some numbers around. He was worrying about the tabletop mode in particular being half-assed.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Zaphod42 posted:

Will the SW:A/Necromunda rules make sense in the context of alternating activations? Taking rules from one game and putting them into a new system is literally just slapping them on. It may or may not work, but it's not exactly thought through.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Y'all, there's no actual information about the ruleset yet. Hang on a bit and you can pick it apart later. Some goons went to NOVA and I'm sure we'll about the game from them at some point.

For what it's worth, I've played a lot of Shadow War and genuinely think it would be improved by alternation activations. I think there was a little information at the recent Forge World Open Day where a designer commented that there would be a system in place to activate multiple models at once in a limited manner. Like a couple around the gang leader similar to Frostgrave or even Bolt Action.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

I haven't been this excited about a board game in years. Sure the box comes with no scenery but I've got enough for a whole club at home and the boardgame looking board gives me hope for fast games instead of the looooong set up+play of the old NM.

I'm ready to be disappointed by their new rules and buy the game anyway for the minis.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Safety Factor posted:

Y'all, there's no actual information about the ruleset yet. Hang on a bit and you can pick it apart later. Some goons went to NOVA and I'm sure we'll about the game from them at some point.

For what it's worth, I've played a lot of Shadow War and genuinely think it would be improved by alternation activations. I think there was a little information at the recent Forge World Open Day where a designer commented that there would be a system in place to activate multiple models at once in a limited manner. Like a couple around the gang leader similar to Frostgrave or even Bolt Action.

Sorry, what I meant to explain was how just taking rules from one game and putting them into another wasn't a good solution even if the rules worked fine in their original game. We don't really know yet how Newcromunda is going to play so I don't want to come across as dissecting a game that's not even out yet. But if you were to ask me what I could possibly be worried about, well that's literally what I would be worried about.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Was a bit surprised by the boards, but I've got the original Necro/Outlanders and Gormamorka terrain at home, plus a club's worth of kit to use for 3D stuff. And some boards I grabbed from a discarded box of Kill Team, as well as the AVP game and Human Interface. Think I should be sorted for this edition!

Looks like my Delaque will be jumping up the painting queue then.

My biggest worry is the FFG-style dice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

glitchkrieg posted:

Was a bit surprised by the boards, but I've got the original Necro/Outlanders and Gormamorka terrain at home, plus a club's worth of kit to use for 3D stuff. And some boards I grabbed from a discarded box of Kill Team, as well as the AVP game and Human Interface. Think I should be sorted for this edition!

Looks like my Delaque will be jumping up the painting queue then.

My biggest worry is the FFG-style dice...

I wouldn't worry about the dice, they did a good job in Betrayal at Calth using customs.