Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I loved RE7 up until the surfing competition, then it felt lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Digirat posted:

how did that post possibly offend you this much

Unless it's a revelatory thing that the entire plot point of the item in question hinges on, the whole concept of spoilers is, lets be honest here, loving absurd. For example if we were talking about Fight Club, saying Tyler Durden doesn't exist is something the entire experience hinges on. If we are talking about the Sixth Sense Bruce Willis is dead is something which totally changes the tone of the movie going into it. The Usual Supsects would be a ruined film if you went in knowing Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze . Personally it didn't affect my enjoyment of any of those films but thats just me, I don't need to go into my media pieces with zero knowledge of the material to enjoy them.

Reading "Resident Evil 7 has a ship" is not a spoiler, it's just a statement about the game, a completely benign, empty statement. If you are going to get offended at that statement how on earth do you consume any media while simultaneously browsing a public games forum or the internet in general? The game came out nearly 9 moths ago, I think the time to tiptoe around every possible statement you could make is gone. You could perhaps say that particular ship has sailed. No pun intended.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I'm trying to get my PS4 ready to give to my nieces and nephew who don't have internet access. I've gone through and updated the system, all the games, etc., but I'm having an issue with Minecraft. I bought the favorites pack with 7 pieces of DLC, redeemed the code on PSN, and all 7 are showing up as purchased on my account. When I go into Minecraft and try to create a game involving any of the DLC (LittleBigPlanet, for example), I just get a message about how I'm using a trial pack and will be prompted to buy it if I save. There's no download button next to any of the 7 owned DLC in the PSN Store, either. I can't believe I have spent nearly an hour messing with this trying to get it to work. Any advice? I'm about to just say screw it because every button or option just leads to a different PSN Store page opening up and it's driving me loving insane.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in modern times its very important to be fragile about tv show details

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Electromax posted:

I loved RE7 up until the surfing competition, then it felt lazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlusgU-MUZ4

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Macarius Wrench posted:

Reading "Resident Evil 7 has a ship" is not a spoiler
It spoils that the scope of the game is larger than just a Louisiana mansion, which is all that the marketing had revealed. Maybe that's not a big spoiler to you, but that's subjective based on how much you prefer to discover things about a game on your own. So it's not really your place to decide that for someone else. The RE7 reviews I read at release took pains to complain about that section without giving away exactly where it was. BTW it's not a good look to have a freak-out about the spoiler complaint that's 10x larger than the original complaint.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 31, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

I'm trying to get my PS4 ready to give to my nieces and nephew who don't have internet access. I've gone through and updated the system, all the games, etc., but I'm having an issue with Minecraft. I bought the favorites pack with 7 pieces of DLC, redeemed the code on PSN, and all 7 are showing up as purchased on my account. When I go into Minecraft and try to create a game involving any of the DLC (LittleBigPlanet, for example), I just get a message about how I'm using a trial pack and will be prompted to buy it if I save. There's no download button next to any of the 7 owned DLC in the PSN Store, either. I can't believe I have spent nearly an hour messing with this trying to get it to work. Any advice? I'm about to just say screw it because every button or option just leads to a different PSN Store page opening up and it's driving me loving insane.

Hit the options button or whatever on the game, or I think just click down when you're on the game icon, and check extras/add-ons. DLC for games will be listed there. If not you can try to restore purchases. Sorry I'm not at my ps4 cannot give you better directions

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

acksplode posted:

It spoils that the scope of the game is larger than just a Louisiana mansion, which is all that the marketing had revealed.

Yeah, I hate to say it but I'm only in the intro parts and I'm a bit disappointed that I know the game goes to other places. That surprise is spoiled. However it is an older game now, so I'm not like "loving goons!!!!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No resident evil game is just a house though.

just spoiled an entire series right there

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm returning the game, it's loving ruined for me now.

If anyone wants to buy a PS4 hit me up in the DMs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm returning the game, it's loving ruined for me now.

If anyone wants to buy a PS4 hit me up in the DMs.

Spoiler: you can eject discs and reuse the console with other games.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

acksplode posted:

It spoils that the scope of the game is larger than just a Louisiana mansion, which is all that the marketing had revealed. Maybe that's not a big spoiler to you, but that's subjective based on how much you prefer to discover things about a game on your own. So it's not really your place to decide that for someone else. The RE7 reviews I read at release took pains to complain about that section without giving away exactly where it was. BTW it's not a good look to have a freak-out about the spoiler complaint that's 10x larger than the original complaint.

I have no problem if that what the enjoyment of something hinges on for you. It's loving crazy admittedly, but its absolutely fine. If that is such a huge deal perhaps ones time is better spent exploring that media piece in all its untouched, pure splendor than reading a public internet forum and complaining when everyone else isn't tip-toeing around the possibility of offending you by making empty statements about a 9 month old game.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hit the options button or whatever on the game, or I think just click down when you're on the game icon, and check extras/add-ons. DLC for games will be listed there. If not you can try to restore purchases. Sorry I'm not at my ps4 cannot give you better directions

I checked there and it was listed, as well. I closed the application, reopened it, same thing, so after I pouted a bit more I just restarted the console entirely and it's all working now. :psyduck: Thank you for your help.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Here guys an empty statement implied this game is larger than I first thought and boy howdy I'm actually so mad that im getting more than I thought that I need to use an angry emoji about it.

get a grip. loving seriously.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Internet spoiler culture is crazy, but so is macarius wrench apparently, hmmm

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Macarius Wrench posted:

I have no problem if that what the enjoyment of something hinges on for you. It's loving crazy admittedly, but its absolutely fine. If that is such a huge deal perhaps ones time is better spent exploring that media piece in all its untouched, pure splendor than reading a public internet forum and complaining when everyone else isn't tip-toeing around the possibility of offending you by making empty statements about a 9 month old game.

Read this to yourself, then

Macarius Wrench posted:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Anyone having issues with Turf War in Everybody's Golf? It looks like it's loading the course, then sits on an empty team display forever until I quit the game. :smith:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Get a grip while I proceed to rant like a 5 y/o for 10 posts over a single sentence.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Resident EVIL 7 Biohazard is really good :)

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Excuse me guys, but it isn't "Some People's Golf", or "Golf Except Not For You", it's Everybody's Golf. You are invited, and it is good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey, golf question. When I preordered I got some kinda pass to another course, and I see I can buy another one of those in the store for money, but I have no clue how to actually access the other course, am I missing something?

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

Hey, golf question. When I preordered I got some kinda pass to another course, and I see I can buy another one of those in the store for money, but I have no clue how to actually access the other course, am I missing something?
In the open courses, at the bottom of the list. The DLC icon is a lock, that doesn't mean it's locked though, as long as you downloaded it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How's Valkyria Revolution? I haven't seen anything on it since it came out, and that kinda worries me.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nomadic Scholar posted:

How's Valkyria Revolution? I haven't seen anything on it since it came out, and that kinda worries me.

It's supposed to be really bad

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nomadic Scholar posted:

It was known bad since the first demo came out in Japan early last year or something. It threw everything people liked about the series into the dumpster and put a bunch of generic anime action rpg stuff in its place.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nomadic Scholar posted:

real bad, I'm afraid

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Everybody's Golf is pretty good until you get to the ship part, then it gets a bit lazy IMO.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

el oso posted:

Everybody's Golf is pretty good until you get to the ship part, then it gets a bit lazy IMO.

wow dude spoilers pls mods?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I didn't liken the boat parts in Nier, however

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The difference for me between sober Everybody's Golf and 2-beer buzz Everybody's Golf is about -7 strokes.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Samurai Sanders posted:

It was known bad since the first demo came out in Japan early last year or something. It threw everything people liked about the series into the dumpster and put a bunch of generic anime action rpg stuff in its place.

Was going to post exactly this, they turned it into every other anime game instead of something that feels and plays like Valkyria Chronicles. :(

They did this with Valkyria Chronicles 2 also but with the setting and characters. I heard the third one was good but never played it. And now this new one, I didn't even finish the demo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Macarius Wrench posted:

Unless it's a revelatory thing that the entire plot point of the item in question hinges on, the whole concept of spoilers is, lets be honest here, loving absurd. For example if we were talking about Fight Club, saying Tyler Durden doesn't exist is something the entire experience hinges on. If we are talking about the Sixth Sense Bruce Willis is dead is something which totally changes the tone of the movie going into it. The Usual Supsects would be a ruined film if you went in knowing Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze . Personally it didn't affect my enjoyment of any of those films but thats just me, I don't need to go into my media pieces with zero knowledge of the material to enjoy them.

Reading "Resident Evil 7 has a ship" is not a spoiler, it's just a statement about the game, a completely benign, empty statement. If you are going to get offended at that statement how on earth do you consume any media while simultaneously browsing a public games forum or the internet in general? The game came out nearly 9 moths ago, I think the time to tiptoe around every possible statement you could make is gone. You could perhaps say that particular ship has sailed. No pun intended.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Macarius Wrench posted:

Here guys an empty statement implied this game is larger than I first thought and boy howdy I'm actually so mad that im getting more than I thought that I need to use an angry emoji about it.

While I respect your commitment to digging this hole as deep as it can go and making yourself look hilariously bad, maybe you should stop

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL trying to act like spoilers aren't a thing.

The correct response was actually "whoops my bad bro" *edit offending spoiler* literally over, but ma I'm sure you'll convince everyone else reading that having a cool immersive video game spoiled is fine.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

wow dude spoilers pls mods?

Serious spoiling a casual golf game is lame. It's golf. With fishing and cat racing.

Also I am dumb and bought the other DLC course. Which it looks like I can't even play in single player tournament mode. Welp.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
If the boat spoiler had passed without remark, I'd probably have forgotten it by the time I clicked to another thread. But now we've spent 2 pages arguing it about it, it's literally the only thing I know about the game.

In five years someone will bring up Re7 and I'll be like '"That's the one with the boat level, right?"

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That's a drat shame. I was hopeful that Revolution would help breathe more life into the series. :(
Well, at least I still have HD Chronicles that I can experience.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm here to report Everybody's Golf is great.

I need to get into the online features a bit more. I wish there was an easy way to host private tournaments on a weekly basis.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neo Rasa posted:

Was going to post exactly this, they turned it into every other anime game instead of something that feels and plays like Valkyria Chronicles. :(

They did this with Valkyria Chronicles 2 also but with the setting and characters. I heard the third one was good but never played it. And now this new one, I didn't even finish the demo.
VC3 could have been good except for some pacing and difficulty curve issues, reusing assets like crazy from 2 and the limitations of the PSP and those tiny interconnected areas which I had a really hard time getting a big picture understanding from.

If it was remade for the PS4 without those problems it could be really good. Story-wise you wouldn't need any other game; 3 is like a dark side version of 1.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 31, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

doingitwrong posted:

If the boat spoiler had passed without remark, I'd probably have forgotten it by the time I clicked to another thread. But now we've spent 2 pages arguing it about it, it's literally the only thing I know about the game.

In five years someone will bring up Re7 and I'll be like '"That's the one with the boat level, right?"

I think this is my favorite thing about spoiler culture. I can pass over a ton of references to things that happen in something I am yet to experience, but the second someone goes 'fuuck dude spoilers' and everyone's starts arguing about it, then it actually becomes a spoiler as it adds significance to whatever was mentioned and is very much in my mind when I finally get to watch/play/read it.

One other thing that happens a lot is a bunch of people giving it 'no spoilers but you shouldn't talk about what happens in this bit straight after this thing' as if they're being sneaky about it, who are far worse for ruining tension than the people who actually bring up what happens directly by some massive distance.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Idk everything else aside I'm glad we now have another running joke we can beat into the ground like Knack. The spoiler boat level of a game lmao