Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

who the heck deletes messages? running out of space in your sim or something?

your idiot friend sends you hello.jpg, you have to manually delete it on every device you own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Carter posted:

you’re not supposed to be sharing the same Apple ID for iCloud, that’s what Family Sharing is for (also in iOS 11 you can share purchased storage w/ other family sharing members)

i don't care what you're meant to do

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/30/dock-gestures-home-button-iphone-8/

quote:

Across the bottom of the screen there's a thin, software bar in lieu of the home button. A user can drag it up to the middle of the screen to open the phone. When inside an app, a similar gesture starts multitasking. From here, users can continue to flick upwards to close the app and go back to the home screen. An animation in testing sucks the app back into its icon. The multitasking interface has been redesigned to appear like a series of standalone cards that can be swiped through, versus the stack of cards on current iPhones, the images show.

https://twitter.com/_inside/status/899778395776499713

:shepface:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao

that's some loving blackberry 10 poo poo.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

i don't care what you're meant to do

But you are experiencing a disutility because you're using the same Apple ID across devices with separate users?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lemme get this straight tho coz for example it's handy that all our devices use the same find my iphone etc. and buy on my phone means my wife can also use app..

you suggest getting rid of this functionality ??

maybe i'm missing something

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

lemme get this straight tho coz for example it's handy that all our devices use the same find my iphone etc. and buy on my phone means my wife can also use app..

you suggest getting rid of this functionality ??

maybe i'm missing something

find my friends is what you should be using to find each other.
family sharing is a thing in the store so you don't need to use the same store account. but if you want to you still can use a store account that's different from your iCloud account.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

this seems...not good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

find my friends is what you should be using to find each other.
family sharing is a thing in the store so you don't need to use the same store account. but if you want to you still can use a store account that's different from your iCloud account.

nah mean using find my iphone for it's intended purpose of finding a lost phone lol

maybe i'll look. or probably not. idk.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
there are no more good computers

there are no more good phones

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i think you could still bind things like find my iphone to one account, and messaging to another. like, i have two; my old purchases one, and the one that started as a me.com account and became an icloud one over time

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c20uhGxSxWo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

add the card views apple

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

sounds very weird but I will try to think different and hope it's not as bad as described

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Management posted:

your idiot friend sends you hello.jpg, you have to manually delete it on every device you own.

why would you delete hello.jpg???

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fart simpson posted:

why would you delete hello.jpg???

local copy is higher resolution/less compressed

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

i dont understand the weird dock-but-not-really on the right

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ugh wtf gross, a software home button

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Increase your caliber of friends

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

poty posted:

i dont understand the weird dock-but-not-really on the right

the janky and unreliable swipe up gesture that previously brought up control center will now be the same one that you use to go home, the control center is now right of the current page

:negative:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Phoenixan posted:

there are no more good computers

there are no more good phones

open up your rear end to bad design

the reign of timb is over, now to get a 5k imac in a fire sale :unsmigghh:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

nah mean using find my iphone for it's intended purpose of finding a lost phone lol

maybe i'll look. or probably not. idk.

you don't need to be signed in to the same Apple ID for Find My Phone to work.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
also, please tell me that's just some chucklefuck "designer" doing their own "THIS IS WHAT IT COULD LOOK LIKE!!!1!" like they do with those awful "This is what the new iPhone MIGHT look like!" renders and poo poo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looks like "le market" has caught up, i saw two airpods clones from major manufacturers just a few minutes ago on my news feed

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

looks like "le market" has caught up, i saw two airpods clones from major manufacturers just a few minutes ago on my news feed

How much do they cost?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this phone is shaping up to be a real turd

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

swiping up for multitasking is fine???

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it works real good on ipad

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:wink:

Txt iMessage me.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
is it called the steve jobs theater because its powered by the energy generated by steve spinning in his grave when he hears about all the bad products

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

:wink:

Txt iMessage me.

green bubbles can go to hell

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

poty posted:

is it called the steve jobs theater because its powered by the energy generated by steve spinning in his grave when he hears about all the bad products

i don't think that's possible man

i mean maybe they could rig something up but the body would decompose too much

it just doesn't seem like a good long term energy efficient scheme you know? so I don't think so

edit: maybe if the whole casket spins, but if you could use that, what would you need the body for? no, no, it's too inefficient

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

it just doesn't seem like a good long term energy efficient scheme you know? so I don't think so

edit: maybe if the whole casket spins, but if you could use that, what would you need the body for? no, no, it's too inefficient

Could the skeleton moving from the center of the casket to the leading edge help overcome inertia when starting up?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
the fruit enemas act liek a lubricant preventing body damage. dude had foresight. he knew this would happen.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

well let's just go to the Steve jobs' corpse live feed and just see what his corpse is really doing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eric posted:

How much do they cost?

sony has like a bunch of models or something, but the cheapest apperntly are 200 dollars, 3 hour charge + case with 6 hour extra battery for them, and no option to locate lost earpiece

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as a buddhist steve was most likely cremated which means that only little individual motes of dust could spin or maybe some bone fragments

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he should have been given a sky burial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
he should have been buried like a pharaoh and had tim and johnny ives interred with him

• Locked thread