Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok is AoS being run by a entirely different team. The new blight war set is loving 250 dollars the hell you don't even get that many models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Are you look at Australia?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Are you look at Australia?

No Blightwar costs like 315 there. For comparison Dark Imperium costs 250 there.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

MonsterEnvy posted:

No Blightwar costs like 315 there. For comparison Dark Imperium costs 250 there.

£95 same as Dark Imperium here, must be a pricing error.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

These new compendiums are missing a lot of units. In some cases, most of them.

E: the Skaven one is now two units. Chief with standard and Skavenslaves. This has to be a mistake.

moths fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 26, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

moths posted:

These new compendiums are missing a lot of units. In some cases, most of them.

E: the Skaven one is now two units. Chief with standard and Skavenslaves. This has to be a mistake.

They didnt update all warscrolls, just the ones that needed it. Its basically errata to the compendiums on the GW website.

For example, there's no mention anywhere in the Orks &Goblins warscroll of the Aracknarok but it just got a new packages kit today.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 26, 2017

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They didnt update all warscrolls, just the ones that needed it. Its basically errata to the compendiums on the GW website.

For example, there's no mention anywhere in the Orks &Goblins warscroll of the Aracknarok but it just got a new packages kit today.

All the characters have definitely gone as they have "alternative wallscrolls" mentioned on the back page. Also they replaced the old links for the compendiums with these ones on the store page too. I'm guessing it was deliberate but they'll back pedal a bit as it makes no sense to remove models. e.g. back of Skaven compendium (from the rules section of the store and the FAQ updates version)

Just grabbed the new GHB and it does have a points value for the Aracknarok under Spiderfang Grots, so they've moved it I guess.

EDIT: for a positive update though, the Open War cards are cool so there's that I guess :/

richyp fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 26, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Generals Hanbook 2017 as a whole looks pretty cool. Still sad though about the loss of all characters.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

richyp posted:

All the characters have definitely gone as they have "alternative wallscrolls" mentioned on the back page. Also they replaced the old links for the compendiums with these ones on the store page too. I'm guessing it was deliberate but they'll back pedal a bit as it makes no sense to remove models. e.g. back of Skaven compendium (from the rules section of the store and the FAQ updates version)

most (or even all?) of these have been gone since AoS first hit

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Saint Drogo posted:

most (or even all?) of these have been gone since AoS first hit

No they all had stats in the original compendium, plus lots of those models are still being sold. Like Deathmaster Snikch, Ikit Claw and Queek Headtaker. (Though in the store they now just go by generic names.)

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Just lol if you didn't think all the old stuff wasn't going to slowly get squatted.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cyberpope v2 posted:

Just lol if you didn't think all the old stuff wasn't going to slowly get squatted.

I just don't see why they had to remove the rules for them as well. They had already released them.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have the new handbook yet? Curious to see if my Kurnoth got repointed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

Anyone have the new handbook yet? Curious to see if my Kurnoth got repointed.

Kurnoth Hunters are 220 points.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

MonsterEnvy posted:

No they all had stats in the original compendium, plus lots of those models are still being sold. Like Deathmaster Snikch, Ikit Claw and Queek Headtaker. (Though in the store they now just go by generic names.)

I'm 99% sure most of those warscrolls were the same as the substitute ones they list there. Like Ikit Claw and Arch Warlock were already the same on the tabletop, this is just making it so they don't have to bother with a separate warscroll listing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mango sentinel posted:

I'm 99% sure most of those warscrolls were the same as the substitute ones they list there. Like Ikit Claw and Arch Warlock were already the same on the tabletop, this is just making it so they don't have to bother with a separate warscroll listing.

Nope different in most cases. If they were the same I would not be sad. Ikit Claw and The big Saurus king Kroq Var actually had the same rules as generics, but most were unique.

Though to confirm it is a bit hard as none of the old compendiums are left from what I can tell.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Dang, Naeve has 7 -1 rend attacks. For every 6 to hit she gets another attack. Deals 2 damage to heroes.

But they left off the Hero keyword so she can't technically be fielded. She has no unit type.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

GreenMarine posted:

But they left off the Hero keyword so she can't technically be fielded. She has no unit type.

They might've missed the keyword off her, as looking at snail guy he does have the Hero keyword and it'd be odd for her not to be classed as one too. These chracters do not have an entry in the Pitched Battle section of the new GHB either so they may have points costs and Hero status added in a FAQ at some point.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The typos are hilarious, the Bret paladin doesn't have an armor value, not even a '-'.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Is this the thread for posting pictures of lizards seraphon riding other lizards seraphon?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kurnoth Hunters are 220 points.

Oh man that's a 60 point increase.

Any chance of a shot of the Sylvaneth points page?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

Oh man that's a 60 point increase.

Any chance of a shot of the Sylvaneth points page?

Oh sure.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
m still don't know what the he'll is going on with the Dark Elf compendium. Maybe a human error were only the updated warscrolls were published? The Dark Elf compendium has only 7 war scrolls.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Thank you!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Many of the old Warscrolls are still individually downloadable from the store - But that sort of defeats the purpose of an omnibus.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

m still don't know what the he'll is going on with the Dark Elf compendium. Maybe a human error were only the updated warscrolls were published? The Dark Elf compendium has only 7 war scrolls.

I downloaded the beastmen one and it displayed 7 pages of beastlord on tuskgor chariot repeated

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Battalions went way up in points. Gnarlroot went from 60 to 180!

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
They figured out that free wargear added up a lot over 2000 points.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah forgot to link the Battalions

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

They figured out that free wargear added up a lot over 2000 points.

Gnarlroot requires a Household Batallion. It gives you one extra spell per caster. It now costs 250pts.

I think it's a swing too far as far as adjustments go.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm just sad that I can't ally a Necrosphynx with Sigmarines.

On the other hand, I will be able to get a steamtank if I ever get to 2000.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

moths posted:

Many of the old Warscrolls are still individually downloadable from the store - But that sort of defeats the purpose of an omnibus.

I have no idea what they're doing. In the Dark Elves one for example, in the substitute warscrolls section it saying substitute Blackguard of Naggrond for Blackguard, and Supreme Sorceress for Sorceress, neither of which appear in the compendium but are available separately. I'm wondering if it's because they're Darkling Covens and not Dark Elves.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's probably because nobody at GW gives a poo poo about compendiums, especially when GHB2 has Allegiances for Snowflake Two Unit Squatting Faction. Have to say, I like the erzac tercio and commissars that DE pirates get.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Atlas Hugged posted:

Is this the thread for posting pictures of lizards seraphon riding other lizards seraphon?

Post away! I'm a fan of your color scheme.

Pics are by far the best part of these threads.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
News from NOVA, AoS is having a major event next year: Malign Portents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP02MihLGgA

Looks like Naggy's up to something.

Also, the fourth Shadespire faction got revealed, Ironjawz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8v7UOmDEkQ

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

SteelMentor posted:

News from NOVA, AoS is having a major event next year: Malign Portents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP02MihLGgA

Looks like Naggy's up to something.

I am actually pretty excited for Shadeshire, looks really cool

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I play Sigmar (got whooped by my cousing who playing his second game yesterday, God I suck) but I would like some of the 'Spire skellies.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

Give me my goddamn skeletons!

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
So far for my Chaos dudes I've only got Blades of Khorne stuff, and a Slaves to Darkness Lord painted in Khorne colours. I'm working on some Putrid Blightkings and can't decide if I should paint their armour plates up in the same reds match the existing guys or to keep them separate and paint them in the traditional green. Ultimately I'm planning on adding units from different Grand Alliance Chaos factions such as Beastmen, Skaven, Tzeentch etc.. and in hindsight should've painted my Khorne stuff in a neutral scheme with red accents so that each sub-faction can carry it's primary colour as a secondary instead.

Soooo thoughts on whether I should paint the Nurgle armour green, Tzeentch Blue etc... and make them a loose alliance or tie them together with red?

(I know Khorne hates magic and would never let a birdyman join his gang, but besides that, any thoughts or alternative/better ideas?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

Give me my goddamn skeletons!

Hopefully the game releases in October with at least the four factions that have been show so far.

• Locked thread