Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Raw minced meat, ideally veal, is loving amazing and I'm sorry if you've never had the chance to try it.

True, but steak tartar is not something you'd order at McDonald's if you value life.

Steak tartar is the best thing I've ever eaten though. There are worse ways to die:pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

True, but steak tartar is not something you'd order at McDonald's if you value life.

Steak tartar is the best thing I've ever eaten though. There are worse ways to die:pervert:

So you say...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Having the Grumps on was great.
Getting Aarin to basically admit that Jon left because he's a jealous little baby was pretty great. Well, that and Jon growing more and more racist and freaking out over "PC culture".

Looks like he cut that bond at the right time.

Danny rules.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I love it when Dan has other professional writers on the show -- I could listen to them talk about random writerish stuff for hours. :allears:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Did they ever saw if Harmonquest season 2 is going to be released all at once or weekly now that it switched to VRV?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

edit: Also, Schrab is back! :peanut:

prefect fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 30, 2017

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This is a loving corker of an episode! At least this improv bit is!

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah this weeks episode was really great. I almost cracked up laughing at work today.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh hey, D&D finally got good again.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Rob Schrab's improv is like an unstoppable force.

I've gotten so used to the episode titles being a quote that I have to look out for that I was delighted to have it be a chunk of the show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dan is cranky as gently caress this week, and it's good stuff. :thumbsup:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spencer was on fire this week. I guess that's the first time he's done an episode not stoned out of gourd?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Oh awesome. I haven't listened yet but yeah, Spencer getting way too high before each episode definitely changed the podcasts tone a bit, and in my eyes not for the better.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Just got around to listening to last weeks ep and its awesome. Schraub is great

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHDzgW4y16A

Schrab is really great

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
WTF is up with the 15 minutes of ads at the end of this week's episode?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, weird. Better than them being jammed in the middle, though. I did notice a part in the episode where they faded out and back in; maybe they meant that to be an ad break and something failed to detect it?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
That's just the patented Feral Audio Experience™

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zsinjeh posted:

That's just the patented Feral Audio Experience™

Just don't call Dustin "Baba Booey" -- he gets defensive about it. :newlol:

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

prefect posted:

Just don't call Dustin "Baba Booey" -- he gets defensive about it. :newlol:

Did someone do that on a Feral Audio podcast, or better yet a Earwolf one?
I would love it if that was the reason he left Earwolf.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Did someone do that on a Feral Audio podcast, or better yet a Earwolf one?
I would love it if that was the reason he left Earwolf.

I remember hearing it get mentioned once on Harmontown, where he said something to the effect of "I want to be Fred Norris, but I end up being Baba Booey". And Andy Dick called him Baba Booey once on Skull Juice, which got angry denial: "I"m not Baba Booey!"

It might have been Dino who said it; there seemed to be some tension between Dino and Dustin.

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 8, 2017

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
"You don't like scallops? Scallops are nature's chicken nuggets!" is a line for the ages.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"If they're gonna TP my trees, first of all they're only hurting my gardener..." :newlol:

"'What if a guy had long arms?' You should be ashamed of yourselves." --Dan, on Slender Man :newlol:

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 11, 2017

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

The Dark One posted:

"You don't like scallops? Scallops are nature's chicken nuggets!" is a line for the ages.

That line inspired to check whether or not it's cool for me eat them as a vegetarian. Turns out the science isn't in yet.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

It's 9-11.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muffled off-mic cheering

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It's 9:11 on 9/11 make a doublewish

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Season 2 of Harmonquest has begun on VRV, first episode is free.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Has dan seen Atlanta yet?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Schrab is comptrolling the gently caress out of the show this week. :neckbeard:

edit: I like this Pepitone fella. He's funny.

edit 2: Dan knows about Chapo! And he wants to get one/some of them on Harmontown. :neckbeard:

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 19, 2017

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

prefect posted:

edit 2: Dan knows about Chapo! And he wants to get one/some of them on Harmontown. :neckbeard:

This is easily the worst idea that could ever be conceived and I hope all the Chapo boys and girl realize it's either them walking into a loving lion's den or them basically never-endedly making GBS threads on a rich neolib who has no actual loving idea what the gently caress he's talking about beyond soft vague pointless platitudes about how racist or awful America/the South/poor people are that he's afforded to say because literally nothing that's happening directly affects him, and hard pass. If it happens it will either be unlistenable as Harmon's sycophants shout down people who actually know what the gently caress they're saying, or be the most uncomfortable poo poo ever as they contemptuously jokingly insult the gently caress out of Harmon's complete lack of knowledge. Either way it will be a disaster. It's like the people who want Jeet Heer on Chapo, despite every single one of the Chapo crew being like "all we would ever do would be poo poo on him for how terrible he is as he gets overdefensive". That's what would happen, except Dan's ego is way more fragile and he's way less informed than even your average twitter pundit.

Chapo works as great guests, but only on podcasts that are as far left as them (for instance, the Dollop), and/or as guests of people who are as informed as they are. Guess what Dan is neither.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 20, 2017

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Chapo works as great guests, but only on podcasts that are as far left as them (for instance, the Dollop), and/or as guests of people who are as informed as they are. Guess what Dan is neither.

They were boring as gently caress on the dollop. They sounded like american-red Opie & Anthony.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: ok?

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 20, 2017

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Are you aware that shut the gently caress up?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

They were boring as gently caress on the dollop. They sounded like american-red Opie & Anthony.

Yeah that's because they're not funny

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It depends on which Chapp they get. Felix and Matt would probably be too aggressive. But Will or Amber would be able to talk to Dan about politics without ripping into him

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Weren't Chapo Trap house the guys who got in trouble for making fun of a woman who wrote about getting raped?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sort of, it was one guy who did some really dumb poo poo with the host of Cum Town on Twitter targeting a rape victim, he got dragged for it, he apologized immediately, apologized on the podcast, and donated his salary to charity

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BigRed0427 posted:

Weren't Chapo Trap house the guys who got in trouble for making fun of a woman who wrote about getting raped?

Probably, they're famous for their targeted online harassment and silencing of women and PoCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Probably, they're famous for their targeted online harassment and silencing of women and PoCs.

This however is a load of bullshit

They've probably had more women and PoC guests and experts on their podcasts than white dudes