Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/secshulkin/status/902691099185217536

The last thing you see before you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

A mobile veterinarian center would have been better.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Smiling Jack posted:

Mullers team is basically the law enforcement version of Delta Force and all the top tier support guys that work at that level.

Almost every single person on that team from the legal side to the interview teams to the counter Intel guys are going to be top notch.

This will end with people going to jail for a loooooooong time.

The sooner the better.

Don Dongington posted:

Nothing to do with the point being made. Punching a nazi, and impugning on somebody's constitutional rights aren't the same thing. And lets not pretend we live in a Utopian paradise where nobody ever gets hit for being an rear end in a top hat. We may as well argue that punching someone in the face for groping you/your friend/your partner at a bar makes you as bad as the guy who sexually assaulted someone.

Still better than Viking Skull.

Idk I kind of miss that guy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
if i want retarded opinions from REAL AMERICANS ill just read facebook news comments

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/DOC-578d579d1f000000-A.pdf

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

And what if your PR person publicly espouses a belief that women should be subservient to their husbands, and that unmarried women who have sex are impure in the eyes of God, because that's what his church teaches? Frankly I think the fact that we allow protection of opinions on what God wants to have more protections than other opinions is both arbitrary and absurd, but that's what we've got.

Set up a constitutional amendment that rewrites the first amendment I guess; in the meantime, fire nazis.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:laffo:

since it'll inevitably be deleted:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Hacked? Or someone on the inside doing some stunt?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Hacked? Or someone on the inside doing some stunt?

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/public-api-docs.html

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Professor Bling posted:

yeah, he pretty much does.

still, glad to have him (even though I'll poo poo on him and Godholio it's nice to have different opinions, even if they're mostly wrong).

Pretty sure the last thing I seriously weighed in on was that re-writing the First Amendment to allow the party in power to crush dissent was bad. A hot take, I know.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Hot take, it's actually very cool and good to punch people that don't share your opinions if they're lovely opinions. Opinions like "brown people are inferior" and "women belong in the kitchen" shouldn't be acceptable in modern society.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When I was a kid the blood center's bus came to my elementary school to talk about donation or something. Some older kid told me that the garbage can they had strapped to the side was for dumping the bodies in after they were drained. This van could use one of those.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: nm

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Crazycryodude posted:

Hot take, it's actually very cool and good to punch people that don't share your opinions if they're lovely opinions. Opinions like "brown people are inferior" and "women belong in the kitchen" shouldn't be acceptable in modern society.

I care a lot less about that than I do about making the First Amendment subject to the whims of people like Trump and McTurtle.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Crazycryodude posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0BjpUhPg9g

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shyduck posted:

They can't actually delete it I think, federal law or some poo poo.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Office Pig posted:

They can't actually delete it I think, federal law or some poo poo.

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/filings?limit=100&q=cuck&sort=date_disseminated,DESC

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Crazycryodude posted:

Since Charlottesville, have their been any similarly massive public demonstrations? They either fail to materialize due to majority public disapproval or get routed by the sheer number of counter protesters, yes?

You'd abandon the winning tactic of publicly outing Nazis in favor of the snowball's chance in hell that Donald J Trump (and future Donald J Trumps) responsibly enforces your short-sighted legislation curtailing "hate speech".

"Jeff Sessions! Save us from the racists!"

"Electoral college! Save us from zero tolerance policing!"

If you want to get a head start on this brilliant plan, go start a commune. Build your own barracks and shower rooms. Don't worry about the plumbing, there won't be any water in the pipes.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Godholio posted:

Pretty sure the last thing I seriously weighed in on was that re-writing the First Amendment to allow the party in power to crush dissent was bad. A hot take, I know.

See, I'm actually with you on that because I know how that would be abused, but that's why I'm for the kind of community-style stomps that American antifa are doing right now.

Don't leave it up to the state, take care of it yourself.

hot take style: the police will never help and aren't around to keep people safe, get armed and properly deal with threats throughout a spectrum of defense. also always be punchin' nazis

edit: like, I got where people were coming from on the whole "nazis should be outlawed" but holy poo poo that will lead to fuckin' republican cunts cracking down on anyone espousing even the slightest whisper of leftist speech

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Victor Vermis posted:

Since Charlottesville, have their been any similarly massive public demonstrations? They either fail to materialize due to majority public disapproval or get routed by the sheer number of counter protesters, yes?

You'd abandon the winning tactic of publicly outing Nazis in favor of the snowball's chance in hell that Donald J Trump (and future Donald J Trumps) responsibly enforces your short-sighted legislation curtailing "hate speech".

"Jeff Sessions! Save us from the racists!"

"Electoral college! Save us from zero tolerance policing!"

If you want to get a head start on this brilliant plan, go start a commune. Build your own barracks and shower rooms. Don't worry about the plumbing, there won't be any water in the pipes.

Wait, what? I'm not saying that the government (ESPECIALLY not this government) should be trying to redefine hate speech or whatever, I'm saying that you and your friends should go beat the poo poo out of any reactionaries in your neighborhood. The fact that there've been no major Nazi rallies since CVille is proof that it's working. They all pack up and run when threatened with a bunch of pissed off decent people promising to smash their faces in, so keep doing it until they're all gone because it's the one goddamn thing that actually works.

Take out the trash yourselves, don't rely on the state to do it. Not in the least because a good portion of the time the state is the trash.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

This needs all the love.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Crazycryodude posted:

Wait, what? I'm not saying that the government (ESPECIALLY not this government) should be trying to redefine hate speech or whatever, I'm saying that you and your friends should go beat the poo poo out of any reactionaries in your neighborhood. The fact that there've been no major Nazi rallies since CVille is proof that it's working. They all pack up and run when threatened with a bunch of pissed off decent people promising to smash their faces in, so keep doing it until they're all gone because it's the one goddamn thing that actually works.

Take out the trash yourselves, don't rely on the state to do it. Not in the least because a good portion of the time the state is the trash.

And I think this all will lead to domestic terror incidents. I was hoping we'd already hit the fringes on both sides. I'm no longer that optimistic.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I think the big problem with punching Nazi's is that they want to get punched, it strengthens the argument that "BOTH SIDES ARE BAD" and it lets the right wing media lump groups like BLM in with the KKK. Like there were alt-right idiots trying to incite ANTIFA last weekend at Berkeley.

I'm torn, I really want to get a nice baton to go rear end in a top hat whacking, but I don't think it will accomplish anything besides making me feel better about myself. At the same time, I don't think just ignoring their platform is going to work, so I don't know what the solution is.

I also kind of feel like it's maybe not great that left leaning activists are jumping at the chance to be called ANTIFA. I "feel" like I first heard ANTIFA used by right wing pundits to paint leftists in a negative light last year, kind of like how they are doing the thing with the "ALT-LEFT" label, at least that last one isn't sticking to anything.

I still can't get over the fact that it could be considered bad to be a part of an 'anti fascist" movement in the United States.

also, loving Donald Trump is president....

JESUS gently caress WHAT HAVE WE DONE????

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's pretty obvious that "just ignore them" has led to a resurgence in Nazi membership so at this point I'm all loving aboard the punch-a-nazi train. Seeing those pieces of poo poo stomp all over my home sealed the deal.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The Iron Rose posted:

jesus you really weren't kidding

always found it funny that that lot whines more about their erstwhile allies - liberals - far more than they whine about (or vote against) the people actively opposed to everything they hold dear.

Martin Luther King Jr posted:

First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

They're employing Phelps family tactics. Advocating for violence against them plays into their dialogue and gives them someone to sue. Anyone got that old powerpoint on the Phelps family, was hoping to do a comparison but I only have pieces of it spread around an old image folder. Been seeing the same kind of behavior. Don't play into their narrative and let them get any wins. Finish the fight but don't start one.

Mid to late career Mel Brooks is more the appropriate response than early career Mel Brooks right now.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Known advocate for open violence MLK Jr. Speaking on liberals flinching at the idea of killing Nazis.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Steezo posted:

They're employing Phelps family tactics. Advocating for violence against them plays into their dialogue and gives them someone to sue. Anyone got that old powerpoint on the Phelps family, was hoping to do a comparison but I only have pieces of it spread around an old image folder. Been seeing the same kind of behavior. Don't play into their narrative and let them get any wins. Finish the fight but don't start one.

Mid to late career Mel Brooks is more the appropriate response than early career Mel Brooks right now.

How many punches should I take to the dome by Nazi fucks before it is acceptable to punch back? Since walking down the street with a hoodie and some skittles is grounds for self defense for the right, shouldn't rolling through my community wielding wooden shields and home Depot tiki torches shouting "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" be grounds too?

The system has repeatedly collaborated with white supremacy, I see no reason for anybody to trust it will. Punch nazis eery day.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you run into someone with an actual swastika on their body/clothes/whatever and don't fight them, gently caress you.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
List any nazi or white supremacist group as terrorist organizations. Boom problem solved we now have terrorists we can hunt without traveling to the other side of the world.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie is giving out signals that he'd pardon a fuckload of people, like Manafort and Flynn, if they'd hold on.

Mueller has a plan.

Politico: Bob Mueller is working with NY AG Eric Schneiderman on his investigation into Paul Manafort.

State crimes aren't pardonable and NY AG Schneiderman has a total hard-on for going after the administration. Crafty!

Oh so that's why he's been going through the finance stuff - basically a pardon for federal crimes would be leverage in donny's favor but he can't pardon the state crimes. Immunity or deals for those in exchange for testimony is an offer Donald can't compete with.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If you run into someone with an actual swastika on their body/clothes/whatever and don't fight them, gently caress you.

i'm certain jesus said 'let him who is without swastikas throw the first punch' or something like that anyway

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Oh so that's why he's been going through the finance stuff - basically a pardon for federal crimes would be leverage in donny's favor but he can't pardon the state crimes. Immunity or deals for those in exchange for testimony is an offer Donald can't compete with.

also the fact that mueller will have had to plan for this eventuality is :psyduck: on a goddamned amazing scale

working against someone who has the power to pardon any (federal) crime is just what the absolute gently caress

like, i'm sure it won't go over well if pardons start getting dropped but jesus christ this is the reality we are in

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Two Finger posted:

also the fact that mueller will have had to plan for this eventuality is :psyduck: on a goddamned amazing scale

working against someone who has the power to pardon any (federal) crime is just what the absolute gently caress

like, i'm sure it won't go over well if pardons start getting dropped but jesus christ this is the reality we are in

Judging by the polling infographic posted earlier, something like 35% of America will probably cheer in favour of said pardons, with up to 15% of the remainder choosing to say/do nothing, because he's "on their team".

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

bird cooch posted:

Deal with the problem children when the nazis/white supremacists/alt right is back under the rock they crawled out from. Blac bloc, juggalos, whatever. Good on em. If they want to stomp assholes fine by me. Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If this situation was larger and set in the ME these guys would be who? The kurds?
Well since you mentioned it...

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Some guy on my ship was let go the other day. Apart from apparently being worthless at his job, he also had a swastika tattooed on his inner lip. Feels good man.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Known advocate for open violence MLK Jr. Speaking on liberals flinching at the idea of killing Nazis.

King didn't condemn other people for violent resistance though. "A riot is the language of the unheard" and all that.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Well since you mentioned it...

Man I went down a rabbit hole running these images down through tineye back to 2015 and trying to find context. Best I got was that Kurdish YPG received backing from German antifa at some point. (Top and bottom pic)

The pic in the middle is almost certainly a composite image and was posted to Reddit like this first.

By a portuguese dude (who spends a lot of time defending Franco and Stalin) then on to the Donald in both cropped and uncropped form.
From there it was cropped down and had text added and removed

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 31, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Not that any of you give a gently caress but our left wingers are now leading the polls four weeks out from the election

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11914816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy

bird cooch posted:

By a portuguese dude (who spends a lot of time defending Franco and Stalin)

i wanted to ask how one simultaneously defends Franco and Stalin but, you know, reddit.

• Locked thread