Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/duncangreive/status/903096415433351168

https://twitter.com/duncangreive/status/903097577872121856

https://twitter.com/duncangreive/status/903097730842607616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

bike tory posted:

God Mike Hosking is an rear end in a top hat.
You're not forbidden from using stronger language, you know. Very therapeutic.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Probably the funniest thing I've seen all week.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://twitter.com/SeanPlunket/status/903120132989362176

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

quote:

Dunne said as his time in Parliament drew to a close he had quickly disengaged from the active political process, and as that happened "some scales have fallen from my eyes".

"Already I have come to see many of my soon-to-be former colleagues through a different prism. I smile quietly but cynically at their strutting earnest ways and the egregious ever-so-keen-to-please and not offend tones of the political wannabes, now realising that until recently I too was playing the same games."

"I watch the news media, taking themselves ever so seriously as they rush breathlessly from one photo-op to the next, pontificating about this bit of trivia or that, as though it really counts for anything, all the while allowing themselves to be manipulated by the absolute worst of politicians focused on nothing more than their own promotion."

hm, lol.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
So he's cashing out, in other words.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Latest Colmar Brunton has Labour on 43, National 41, NZF 8 and Greens 5. So enough to change the govt easily but also for NZF to shut out the greens again :/

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
well then

🔻🔻🔻 TOP 🔻🔻🔻

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
God drat. the only thing wrong with the way all this is going is it's going to be really disappointing if/when national get back in

e: still optimistic though

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 31, 2017

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Debate will also be streamed on YouTube
here

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LOL Newhub going blatantly out of their way to boost National by bashing the youth vote despite Labour now being ahead of the polls. The language was really exaggerated and spent more time showing Bill than doing their story. I guess they are desperate for ratings. :shrug:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i'm sure labour will somehow manage to totally gently caress up somehow in the d bates

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bike tory posted:

Debate will also be streamed on YouTube
here

Oh sweet, I won't bother then.

They finally swapped the Andrew billboards down the road.

redleader posted:

i'm sure labour will somehow manage to totally gently caress up somehow in the d bates

What makes you think that other than the possibility of you being edgy? She hasn't hosed up yet and the debates are going to be all her.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/ColmarBruntonNZ/status/903135844445241344

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

oohhboy posted:

What makes you think that other than the possibility of you being edgy? She hasn't hosed up yet and the debates are going to be all her.

On the one hand you're right, on the other hand it's labour so he has a strong argument.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
not very flattering lighting on this debate set.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Slavvy posted:

Probably the funniest thing I've seen all week.

I know geoff and he's a lovely fellow, they should have had him front a lot earlier imo

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Oh man, Jacinda's tripling down on the housing thing, gently caress yes.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Oh my god Hosking makes me want to claw my eyes out. He's such an insufferable prick.

Edit: Christ almighty, let them loving talk.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 31, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

cptn_dr posted:

Oh my god Hosking makes me want to claw my eyes out. He's such an insufferable prick.

He really is, but at least he's basically kicking both of them, which I can appreciate.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I never watched much TVNZ news. gently caress Hosking is even worse than the threads and news depict him.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Sure, but I'm not watching this debate to hear Hosking.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

cptn_dr posted:

Sure, but I'm not watching this debate to hear Hosking.

Yeah but he is talking more than both of them combined.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

It's just mike interviewing Jacinda and Bill just happens to be in the same room.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
She should really be hammering him for "what about the last nine years?"

E: Oh my god Bill just said that immigrants should be happy to take lovely jobs

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Varkk posted:

Yeah but he is talking more than both of them combined.

That's my point. I was replying to Somfin - I agree with you!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

It's just mike interviewing Jacinda and Bill just happens to be in the same room.

English is kinda hamstrung because Jacinda's keeping the argument on poo poo that he can't use the last nine years to justify, so he has to keep going back to "well I talked to a kid in Dunedin three weeks ago"

cptn_dr posted:

That's my point. I was replying to Somfin - I agree with you!

I agree too, but I kinda like that he's not doing the American moderator thing and just letting the fuckers waffle on and on.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

They got a bell to get them to shut the gently caress up over there but this isn't the mike hosk show

Don't know why I'm watching this cos I'm definitely not voting for one of them

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

This sounds as much like a clusterfuck as the community theatre I'm at for the evening.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

This sounds as much like a clusterfuck as the community theatre I'm at for the evening.

Nah it was good really. Both were civil and didn't interrupt much and neither talked over their time, Hosking the prick to be fair did a decent job of asking hard questions of both of them and keeping them to time. The american debates, now there was your clusterfuck

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Did it make you decide or change your vote?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

They didn't need to talk over each other Hosking seemed to have that covered for both.
He did ask hard questions to both. Although it seemed to more be Hosking asking Ardern a question, her answering while he talked over her. And Bill looked like he was wondering why he was even there.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Not personally i've always voted Labour but I don't think Jacinda would have lost any votes from people watching tonight who might be swing voters

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

I'm currently Greens/Labour and I'm no longer sure which one I support more, so, yeah.

It also reinforced that Labour actually kinda means business on this housing issue whereas National can't even do the barest math on it.

And that National's immigration policy is all about flooding the country with cheap disposable labour whereas Labour's is perhaps a bit more nuanced? I'm still cagey about it but it seems like their heart is in the right place (given that one alternative is the Maori party's legalised foreign slavery)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

sebmojo posted:

I know geoff and he's a lovely fellow, they should have had him front a lot earlier imo

Pity about his dogshit politics

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Somfin posted:

(given that one alternative is the Maori party's legalised foreign slavery)
what's this referring to?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

exmarx posted:

Ah but they're evidence-based policies so :smug:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

exmarx posted:

lol

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

A human heart posted:

what's this referring to?

This.

Wanna come to New Zealand? Got skills? Work in a place that's experiencing an economic downturn, for two years, for free, and we'll let you stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Maori party can gently caress right off.

• Locked thread