Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mods change the thread title to "cannibal oid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Somfin posted:

I'm currently Greens/Labour and I'm no longer sure which one I support more, so, yeah.

It also reinforced that Labour actually kinda means business on this housing issue whereas National can't even do the barest math on it.

And that National's immigration policy is all about flooding the country with cheap disposable labour whereas Labour's is perhaps a bit more nuanced? I'm still cagey about it but it seems like their heart is in the right place (given that one alternative is the Maori party's legalised foreign slavery)

Encourage soft labour voters who've switched their party vote from Greens to vote Green imo so we don't end up with another National government due to 4% of the left-wing vote being lost when the Greens inevitably fail to break the 5% threshold by like 0.05%

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Encourage soft labour voters who've switched their party vote from Greens to vote Green imo so we don't end up with another National government due to 4% of the left-wing vote being lost when the Greens inevitably fail to break the 5% threshold by like 0.05%

For me it's gonna actually come down to how the Greens do in the next debate. If they've swung back to Russel Norman free market bullshit I'm gonna go full Labour.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Somfin posted:

This.

Wanna come to New Zealand? Got skills? Work in a place that's experiencing an economic downturn, for two years, for free, and we'll let you stay.

ty, i hadnt heard of this.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Somfin posted:

For me it's gonna actually come down to how the Greens do in the next debate. If they've swung back to Russel Norman free market bullshit I'm gonna go full Labour.

I'm confused, do you think Labour don't buy into free market bullshit?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Somfin posted:

Given that every party in parliament is currently pro market-based solutions, uh...? Greens have become less focused in that direction since Norman's departure, though.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The debate wasn't the poo poo show I was expecting but it was still pretty uneven even if Mike asked hard questions on both of them ans surprisingly with fact based follow up questions really hammering on National's 9 years of failure and empty talk. English had something like 70% of the time between them though so his moderation and control was pretty weak at times with him talking over someone too quickly and frequently.

But English got plenty of rope to hang himself with as he spent the entire time trying to sell trickle down economy right down "Job creators" in the face of hard facts coming Hoskings?!.

Jacinda tripped bad on the water tax "Ownership" question. She should have rebutted we tax food and everything else so does that mean "We" own it? It was a ridiculous question anyway and I think that is what tripped her. She also could have gone into tragedy of the commons and how that is a market failure that has to be corrected or taken out of the market like air pollution via government. She straight up blew off the foreshore and seabed follow up question.

I guess I would give Hoskings a pass with plenty of room for improvement.

Varkk posted:

And Bill looked like he was wondering why he was even there.

I thought he looked more like a student in front of class looking to the teacher for prompts.

Somfin posted:

And that National's immigration policy is all about flooding the country with cheap disposable labour whereas Labour's is perhaps a bit more nuanced? I'm still cagey about it but it seems like their heart is in the right place (given that one alternative is the Maori party's legalised foreign slavery)

I read Labour's position as we won't bring people in if we can't give them a good life and meet our own needs. That means jobs, housing, wages. National was hoping that all the immigrants were builders so they can build their own house somehow fixing the crisis.

I was somewhat disappointed in "No national strikes" as that is where worker power comes in should negotiations fail as that is their leverage.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Somebody told English to smile

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Audrey Young put it pretty well:

quote:

He sounded as though he had been in debating boot-camp for the past week, learning about gesticulation, intonation, brevity and how good it is to smile.

It doesn't come naturally to him. 

(My partner coached Bill's daughter in debating so she might be partially to blame/to thank for this?)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
*clears throat* Taxcinda

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You don't even need to engage in wordplay to evoke an unpleasant financial transaction for Bill.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

https://twitter.com/nzyoungnats/status/903156795706818560

What?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Greetings, fellow kids. Vote for National.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

About as funny as the Greens' meme page tbh

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Bad memes are the new normal.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

"gently caress immigrants vote National"

The Young Nats are total sycophants and ultra right wing poo poo is popular now.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The leader of the Young Nats is called Stefan. He wears spray tan and slicks his hair back, and probably gets a thrill when he wears a shirt with dots on it because he's really sticking it to daddy.

Stefan is a hilarious cliche and I can't get enough of him.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The leader of the Young Nats is called Stefan. He wears spray tan and slicks his hair back, and probably gets a thrill when he wears a shirt with dots on it because he's really sticking it to daddy.

Ugggh i knew him when he was a kid, went to the same school. lets just say it is entirely not surprising what he has turned into

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't get how wearing dots is subversive. Does that mean I'm being an old fuddy-duddy?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I assumed it was in contrast with just your bog standard Farmers business shirt with thin white lines on it.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I think the implication is it is flamboyant. A good old National supporting farmer won't like that.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

I don't get how wearing dots is subversive. Does that mean I'm being an old fuddy-duddy?
you some kinda homosexural, boy? That's some liberal city-fashion.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

"How can we be the most condescending pricks we possibly can?" - Saatchi & Saatchi on behalf of The Opportunities Party

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
To be fair, I've been framing Labour vs National as Incompetence vs Malice for years.

Wouldn't make an ad out of it, though.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If those were the choices I would take incompetence everytime as malice is looking to gently caress you over 100% of the time.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
A wedgie for the rear end

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

A waste for your vote ✔️

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

bike tory posted:

A waste for your vote ✔️

New thread title right there

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

oohhboy posted:

If those were the choices I would take incompetence everytime as malice is looking to gently caress you over 100% of the time.

Eh, I voted Greens.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Eh, I voted Greens.

bike tory posted:

A waste for your vote ✔️

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Harden the gently caress up Stefan

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Who's your daddy?
We regret to inform you it is John Banks
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/96421443/john-banks-loses-paternity-case-is-found-to-be-father-of-antony-shaw

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

:lukeskywalkernoooooooo:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

The Zalgo Party

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

bobbilljim posted:

The Zalgo Party

He who votes beyond the wall.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

A friend of mine has gone all in on TOP and I just, I can't be bothered :(

Last election his brother was all about the Internet Party, because torrents I think

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
The only moral abortion is John Banks' abortion

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Ok

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

The Schwa posted:

A friend of mine has gone all in on TOP and I just, I can't be bothered :(

Last election his brother was all about the Internet Party, because torrents I think

Internet party was excusable because of Laila and Hone. TOP is just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
My favourite thing about this election is out of all the political billboards up on John St in Newtown, the only ones that have been seriously defaced are the TOP and NZFirst billboards.

• Locked thread