Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Haier posted:

U r verry welcum, bb.
Yer a golden sort mate.

Also if you want to make an India thread that won't be poo poo start one in LAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Hypothetically that makes you a millionaire. Practically it makes you a prostitute.

There's people out there who degrade themselves more for less than a thousandth of the pay. Besides, I'd be rich - shame doesn't really exist when you're rich.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Barudak posted:

My father in law wanted me to watch Wolf Warriors, did not like it when I said the ending scene made China seem poorly educated and disciplined

quote:

I personally enjoyed this movie a lot. It's rapid-paced, intense and quite entertaining. I've also read that some of the action sequences are actually coming from real Chinese special force members who invented them and put them in use in reality. It's also a milestone in Chinese movie genres. Chinese movie is famous for action genres but this one is the first hybrid of genres of action and military. And it's not tradition Chinese martial arts which is mainly for the purpose of performance and exercise, not practical combat. The actions in this movie are a reflection of, but a little glorified, modern military combat. However, I'd say the directing is the biggest weakness of the movie. It's understandable, because the main protagonist directed the movie himself. He admitted in an interview that he really didn't want to direct the movie because he was not a professional director. He was just an martial arts actor. But he spent a lot time and efforts trying to find some professional directors to direct this movie and investors to invest but in vain because no one thinks this genre would be popular. He had to do everything by himself and invest in the movie out of his own pocket. So the movie took 7 years to make. It turned out to be great success at the Chinese box office. If there were professional people helping him refine the plot as well as directing the movie from the beginning, this movie could've been a lot better. Given all these reasons, I gave it an 8 out of 10.

On a side note, by looking at some of the reviews here, I am amazed by how many people have ridiculous double standards. When it comes to a Chinese military movie, it is just Chinese propaganda so it's lame, untrustworthy and worthless. But when it is Black hawk down or American Sniper or any American patriot movies, it heroic, righteous and meaningful even if the movie is about a western country engaging in a war that causes many civilians to die on other nation's soil. In contrary, China, no matter how bad it is portrayed in western movies, it never incurs any war in other countries. Chinese army is built to protect its people from invaders, not to invade. It's funny that how many westerners are brainwashed by their biased media and "propaganda". The world is big and every story has two sides. People should get out of their home and take a look at the outside world. Only by this way can a person form a more objective, mature outlook of things, especially when it comes to political affairs. I believe I am entitled to say this because I myself has 10+ yrs living experiences in both China and USA and I know how media are manipulated and twisted in both countries. Now I don't fully trust either source solely. Rather, they complement each other pretty well to give you a quite clear picture about what is the truth about everything and how media only serve the interest of their own country, even though at the expense of sacrificing objectivity and authenticity.

Bolding my own. I think this hits every single china bingo box in online posting.
My favorite part is comparing this movie to movies based on actual events, both of which paint a pretty damning picture of the US military.
Source is the current top rated IMDB review.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Haier posted:

WEIRD:
Last night I was on a social media page and saw something that looked very familiar. It took me about two seconds to realize it was one of my posts. Somebody was recently reposting my posts somewhere else, but it wasn't me.

Apparently, r/Singapore has that happen to them as well into stomp.sg, which is a shame.

Basically, gently caress that poo poo.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

whip posted:

Yeah it's nuts because his sons speak perfect Korean and one is in the NK military

Welp, be safe Haier

There was a pretty excellent documentary, Crossing the Line, made about 10 years ago by a couple of Western filmmakers that were allowed to extensively interview him. (There were a couple of other GIs who defected across the DMZ back in the day and ended up as willing/unwilling North Korean film stars as well.)

He was just in the news a few days ago because his sons disclosed that he had died last fall, but North Korea being North Korea, word didn't exactly get out.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/21/american-soldier-james-dresnok-who-defected-to-north-korea-has-died-say-sons

:rip:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Check out the pretty solid stalinist dentistry. +1 for being the fat american in a starving country

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Known Lecher posted:

There was a pretty excellent documentary, Crossing the Line, made about 10 years ago by a couple of Western filmmakers that were allowed to extensively interview him. (There were a couple of other GIs who defected across the DMZ back in the day and ended up as willing/unwilling North Korean film stars as well.)

He was just in the news a few days ago because his sons disclosed that he had died last fall, but North Korea being North Korea, word didn't exactly get out.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/21/american-soldier-james-dresnok-who-defected-to-north-korea-has-died-say-sons

:rip:
Highly recommend that documentary. That dude had a weird life. Kinda reminds me of the Korean guy who was conscripted and fought for the Japanese against the Soviets. Captured by the Soviets and sent to fight the Germans. Captured again and sent to fight the Allies and then finally captured by US troops. I love this photo of him where he's all like: oh here we go again...

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Why are his children so white? I assumed he married a north korean woman?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

nickmeister posted:

and sully that pure blood? They brought him a russian woman to breed with

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

nickmeister posted:

Because the North Korean government actually takes racial purity very seriously. They match the dirty foreigners up with other dirty foreigners.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lol, whoever is taking haier's posts and posting them as their own on other websites are the biggest losers I've ever heard of.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What if Haier is the reposter and the other guy is the original? Maybe he is reposting the post about reposting???

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lol, whoever is taking haier's posts and posting them as their own on other websites are the biggest losers I've ever heard of.

Somebody taking credit for it? Yeah that's some really sad poo poo.

Somebody posting it to point and laugh? Isn't that just what SA's Weekend Web was?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Somebody posting it to point and laugh? Isn't that just what SA's Weekend Web was?

Oh, fair point. I assumed it was some Haier wannabe.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

nickmeister posted:

Are you for real this stupid?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

it's you

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Dissapointed Owl posted:

it's not to point and laugh but likely used to push the narrative that westerners are all sex crazed maniacs out to get chinese women

maybe sa will be mentioned in the global times like how reddit was ("brimming with scathing insults and mocking stories about the simple ways of their Chinese girlfriends") and this forum can be relevant again :allears:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Got me red handed

chinese hair cave
Aug 23, 2017

by Cyrano4747
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a96_1504040871

im surpised she was paying attention enough to notice he had a gun

also, how did he get a gun?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Glenn Quebec posted:

A D&D poster, always complaining about sexpats and whitey

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Someone please make a reddit account and post the best sex stories on r/hapas as if they were their own exploits.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Hedenius posted:

Highly recommend that documentary. That dude had a weird life. Kinda reminds me of the Korean guy who was conscripted and fought for the Japanese against the Soviets. Captured by the Soviets and sent to fight the Germans. Captured again and sent to fight the Allies and then finally captured by US troops. I love this photo of him where he's all like: oh here we go again...

At the beginning of its inception, the SS has insanely strict guidelines to join. You had to prove your "racial purity" back several generations, and things such as having fillings in your teeth was enough to exclude you. By the end of the war, the SS (and Heer) ironically enough were two of the most racially diverse fighting forces of the time (even more so than the British/American Army or the French Foreign Legion. They had members from every European country, the UK, America, Russia, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India, Korea, China, etc.

Chiang Kai-shek's adopted son was even a Heer tank commander and took part in the Anschluss, and was scheduled to take part in the invasion of Poland, but had to go back to China to help out with the Civil War.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

chinese hair cave posted:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a96_1504040871

im surpised she was paying attention enough to notice he had a gun

also, how did he get a gun?

It's airsoft

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
https://www.euractiv.com/section/energy/news/china-eclipses-europe-as-2020-solar-power-target-is-smashed/

:confuoot:

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

lol. how many of those panels are real?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
the whole image is fake

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

chinese hair cave posted:

I just bought this goddamn account too after lurking for like five years
This poster has a good name.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I swear to god this is the exact facility where it turned out absolutely none of it was connected to their electrical grid and irs power generation was in theoretical ratings not actual generation.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Hedenius posted:

I love this photo of him where he's all like: oh here we go again...

"I've spent five years wondering if I left the oven on. I've also been spending the last two minutes realising that I don't own an oven anyway."

Blistex posted:

At the beginning of its inception, the SS has insanely strict guidelines to join. You had to prove your "racial purity" back several generations, and things such as having fillings in your teeth was enough to exclude you. By the end of the war, the SS (and Heer) ironically enough were two of the most racially diverse fighting forces of the time (even more so than the British/American Army or the French Foreign Legion. They had members from every European country, the UK, America, Russia, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India, Korea, China, etc.
That was because almost all of the original SS by that point were dead, right? And the army had already poached anyone matching that description to hold off the Eastern front?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/1348139

quote:

Requirements:

1. At lease 3 years translation experience in this language pair.
2. Have good knowledge of IT/Telecom.
3. Using CAT tool (SDL studio or Trados) is preferred.
4. Freelancers preferred.
5. Native Mongolian speaker request.
6. Bachelor degree or above request.
LOL, and the payment is probably like 3000 RMB per month.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I just was sent this. It happened today in Dongguan, a factory town north of Shenzhen. It's full of poor people and every Chinese person tells me like half the population are prostitutes. It also seems to be the home of every single expat English teacher woman I have matched with on Tantan.

The best part of the video was how much screaming was going on. I thought it was added as a joke, but it was real. Unfortunately, GIFV are silent.

http://i.imgur.com/4pk1PHg.gifv

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Haier posted:

The best part of the video was how much screaming was going on. I thought it was added as a joke, but it was real. Unfortunately, GIFV are silent.

can you upload the original mp4 to mixtape.moe?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

kinda surprised there wasn't one guy, smoking, watching it fall directly onto him

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

big time bisexual posted:

can you upload the original mp4 to mixtape.moe?

https://my.mixtape.moe/iioarc.mp4

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

lol, 三Q Haier

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Why are all the people in the safe building across the road screaming?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FillInTheBlank posted:

Why are all the people in the safe building across the road screaming?

Screaming is the main leisure activity in China. Other than napping.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

If it's like most Chinese offices I've been in, screaming at the billboard falling over across the street was the most productive thing most of those people accomplished this afternoon.

edit for content:

A Washington Post writer went with a Chinese tour group to North Korea, discovers that ordinary Chinese don't like the Kim regime either:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2017/08/30/what-i-learned-on-my-chinese-tour-of-north-korea/

quote:

In the end, our three-day trip to North Korea organized by a Chinese tour company taught me more about how Chinese view North Korea than about the North itself. Bowing at twin statues of Kim Il Sung and his son Kim Jong Il, one of my companions smirked: “It’s like the Cultural Revolution.” “Only worse,” someone else piped in. At a museum celebrating the rule of North Korea’s current leader, Kim Jong Un, another remarked, “He’s the only fat person in North Korea.” My friends referred to Kim as Jin Sanpang, or No. 3 Fatty Kim — a Chinese nickname that has been banned from China’s Internet at the behest of the North Korean government.

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 31, 2017

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

I just was sent this. It happened today in Dongguan, a factory town north of Shenzhen. It's full of poor people and every Chinese person tells me like half the population are prostitutes. It also seems to be the home of every single expat English teacher woman I have matched with on Tantan.

http://i.imgur.com/4pk1PHg.gifv

People screaming while someone's pole gets bent, sounds like a typical Dongguan experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Known Lecher posted:

If it's like most Chinese offices I've been in, screaming at the billboard falling over across the street was the most productive thing most of those people accomplished this afternoon.

edit for content:

A Washington Post writer went with a Chinese tour group to North Korea, discovers that ordinary Chinese don't like the Kim regime either:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2017/08/30/what-i-learned-on-my-chinese-tour-of-north-korea/

The leader of North Korea has specifically requested he not be destroyed as fat lord #3 :lol:

• Locked thread