Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Why are we farming the hoth boys again? What will we get for our efforts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

120 energy and 50 crystals per day if you refresh. That gives the possibility of maybe 5 starring in 73 days. A fifth of a year.

But, your right. I should just not focus on him and hope they add his shards to some other mode. Also my math might be off.

his shards will be in the new event store, we'll be alright.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

There's specific fights that require hoth bros.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Cactus posted:

You'll need them to complete certain missions - most notably, to clear the special missions that reward Leia Organa shards. For example, in TB phase 3, you need a 5-star Captain Han and 5-star Hoth Rebel Soldier to be able to even take part in the Leia Organa mission.

This sheet has a good summary of what kind of toons you'll need in the different territories across all of the phases

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cV726f6JvcBUE_Y1owhRv5-01LizzHXvuXS8m9GROoU/edit#gid=0

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Does anyone in SM even have a 5 star Hard HRS yet?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Only about 2% of people with a swgoh.gg profile had him maxed about 2 weeks ago

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Does anyone in SM even have a 5 star Hard HRS yet?

I do. I unlocked him for fun (50 shards) over a year ago and have pulled him from bronziums a few of times (50 more shards each time).I also started farming him several weeks ago when we learned he would be needed. He's at 70/85 rn.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

fishtobaskets posted:

Get in discord my dude

Done. In discord as Sendric.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Mister Blueberry posted:

Raids start at 7pm or 8pm GMT (8 or 9pm CET), and if you are active, we have no problem if it's an alt you are playing ;)

My app was rejected. Any insite on this?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm about 20 shards short of a 6* Hoth Soldier.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

This account is so old that I assume my Hoth people are wholly collected via bronzium shards... 4* and almost 5* each. Madness.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Client updated for me, Territory Battles now show that they unlock at level 90 :S

Also Fulcrum in Fleet Shop and removal of the 21 day crystal pack

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I restarted and I can't do ds or ls battles and clicking on packs also leads me to pinwheel of death. Hope they fix it soon.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Client updated for me, Territory Battles now show that they unlock at level 90 :S

The great CG August lols are on us, boys, the lols are on us.

:negative:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Boy, I can't wait to join you guys doing those sometime around February.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

Dely Apple posted:

The great CG August lols are on us, boys, the lols are on us.

:negative:

It's updated again and now you can proceed into the TB section

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BobTheDestroyer posted:

It's updated again and now you can proceed into the TB section

Oh, ha, man, that would have been a kick in the nuts.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So we def need to farm Cold Han right?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

So we def need to farm Cold Han right?

Yeah.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

So, uhhhh, since that TB stuff apparently starts for the first time in about eight hours according to the countdown, is there some kind of strategy yet that we need to follow or anything? I have very few characters at both higher gear levels and rarities and I'm not sure how I contribute to this thing if you can only have one person use a given character once for each node/phase/full cycle/whatever.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grog posted:

So, uhhhh, since that TB stuff apparently starts for the first time in about eight hours according to the countdown, is there some kind of strategy yet that we need to follow or anything? I have very few characters at both higher gear levels and rarities and I'm not sure how I contribute to this thing if you can only have one person use a given character once for each node/phase/full cycle/whatever.

The Short Version:

There are three kinds of missions.

There's Combat Missions which are battles you fight - like arena, you only get the one shot at each one, so bring your best guys; if you don't clear it, you'll still get partial credit towards overall guild success.

There are Platoon Missions, where you assign specific characters that are requested to fill slots. Stars are literally the only thing that matters here. That means if a platoon mission calls for 6-star Baze, and you have one that you haven't gotten around to putting any gear on yet, you get to be a hero and contribute yours. In general, you want to use the people you don't need to win combat missions here. You can contribute a max of ten though, so coordinate as much as you can to try to contribute the 'rare' stuff that you have to offer (like that gear 6 Baze! Or the Lobot you've gotten to 5* purely from bronzium. Or whatever that is probably more useful than being one of 24 people that can put in a farmboy luke.)

And then finally there's mass deployment for your leftover units. This is the only place you can use dark side stuff and all that matters is power power power. This is basically where you just dump dudes after everything is done.

Repeat every day at increasing levels of difficulty for 6 days.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Inimicul posted:

My app was rejected. Any insite on this?

Someoone must have rejected your application, have no idea why. I'll send you another invite, just give me your ally code.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If you're in SM, I strongly insist that you farm cold Han.

There's not a lot of times in this game where your actions lead directly to rewards for your guild-mates, but this is one of those times. Everyone should be switching their Cantina farm to cold Han, unless you're within a few days of finishing off a project.

Basically, the more people who have him, the more ROLO shards everyone gets as we start completing that mission.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

If you're in SM, I strongly insist that you farm cold Han.

There's not a lot of times in this game where your actions lead directly to rewards for your guild-mates, but this is one of those times. Everyone should be switching their Cantina farm to cold Han, unless you're within a few days of finishing off a project.

Basically, the more people who have him, the more ROLO shards everyone gets as we start completing that mission.

Oh you can farm him from Cantina? 16 cantina energy is a little steep, but yeah, everyone in all the guilds should go all in.

It's 7-D, in case anyone hasn't unlocked it yet and wants a new goal.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Oh you can farm him from Cantina? 16 cantina energy is a little steep, but yeah, everyone in all the guilds should go all in.

It's 7-D, in case anyone hasn't unlocked it yet and wants a new goal.

Yeah, at 16 per attempt, with 1 cantina refresh/day it'll probably take close to 2 months to farm him up.

I'm personally going to be throwing 2 cantina refreshes at it per day as long as my final crystal sub holds out.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So I guess gear 12 is possible now? I wonder how long until people with gold borders start showing up in arena.

I'll be honest, I was surprised the top ranked in my shard didn't already have it. I know some people drop some serious cash the moment something becomes available to be the first with it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You get R2D2 to G12 in literal seconds after updating if you buy the new $60 pack.

Apparently that pack is the best value pack they have ever released since it is full of very high end gear: about 14k crystals (in shipment prices) worth of gear. The pack also contains ability mats and 55x2 Hoth bro shards.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cactus, since chat is broken currently... do you think we could get a channel set up on the Discord server in the OP? Or should we setup our own server? Obviously, trying to communicate only through the in-game chat is impossible.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
SM Territory battles are live.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

Cactus, since chat is broken currently... do you think we could get a channel set up on the Discord server in the OP? Or should we setup our own server? Obviously, trying to communicate only through the in-game chat is impossible.

I'd be fine giving Cactus a modship in the 'cord and give you guys your own raid channel.

QGJ and SM just collaborate in the general though, along with our collection of traitors.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Platoon chat:

I see veteran QGJ players having assigned heroes that you literally start the game with. People with deep rosters should assign "rare" heroes first so that newbies like myself can assign our common dudes to platoons and contribute.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

Platoon chat:

I see veteran QGJ players having assigned heroes that you literally start the game with. People with deep rosters should assign "rare" heroes first so that newbies like myself can assign our common dudes to platoons and contribute.

I only saw semi-obscure ones left when I looked, so I did what I could.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
In this mode we win as a team or fail as a team. All rewards are equal. There's no need to get at least one dude in the platoons unless it's a dude you have and nobody else does.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
QGJ folk. Vets should wait a few hours before throwing anything into platoon. If you play frequently, maybe wait until there's a few hours left to throw guys in platoon. It also lets newbies feel like they're contributing more/their clone wars chewie is probably weaker than yours. Aka yours is worth more to deploy.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
People dumped into Platoon count for general deployment too. There's no advantage to holding off. It just makes it harder to coordinate and you'll hate life tomorrow when there's multiple territories to juggle.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Maybe I glossed over that detail in the notes. Does more power/stars/gear level matter with platoons? I.E. If I have a 2* Star lvl 1 Chewie, and RC Cola has a 7 Star Lvl 85 G12 Chewie, does it get us the same rewards? Or, should I not use my lower powered one and let RC Cola use his 7* and get more rewards for it?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

Maybe I glossed over that detail in the notes. Does more power/stars/gear level matter with platoons? I.E. If I have a 2* Star lvl 1 Chewie, and RC Cola has a 7 Star Lvl 85 G12 Chewie, does it get us the same rewards? Or, should I not use my lower powered one and let RC Cola use his 7* and get more rewards for it?

It does not matter. As long as your guy has enough stars, he qualifies. No benefit to having someone use a higher level one.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Expired Vitamin posted:

I just dusted this game off the other day and would like to join one of the goon guilds if there is room. My ally code is 227-925-822.

Respamming now that i have discord and the spreadsheet squared away.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

RC Cola posted:

QGJ folk. Vets should wait a few hours before throwing anything into platoon. If you play frequently, maybe wait until there's a few hours left to throw guys in platoon. It also lets newbies feel like they're contributing more/their clone wars chewie is probably weaker than yours. Aka yours is worth more to deploy.

Yeah, I hosed up. I was the first to put my guys down and didn't realize it was shared across the guild. I could've filled in Bodhi and Cassian, I think. Next time I'll wait till end of day or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I wish TB would be more than once per week. Even if we can get 45/45 some day that's only 6000 tokens. It'd be too easy to burn through that in a single refresh but you have 4 refreshes a day for the whole week to see if something new and urgent shows up. It would be like the anxiety over spending fleet shop currency in case something you need shows up tomorrow but for the whole week.