Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Also Bill Clinton hosed welfare and was not good hth

Nafta too. gently caress him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was 3 and 7 years old during bill's elections and Obama was actually better than Hillary and he rightfully clowned her for the 2008 nomination. In 2016 hillary was a jaded soulless shell and crass neoliberal and its an open secret she owed favors to people far nastier than anyone bill had to cater to. She is worse than her husband and it has gently caress all to do with gender and everything to do with the fact she wished for power on a monkeys paw and by satanic ritual.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

basic hitler posted:

I was 3 and 7 years old during bill's elections and Obama was actually better than Hillary and he rightfully clowned her for the 2008 nomination. In 2016 hillary was a jaded soulless shell and crass neoliberal and its an open secret she owed favors to people far nastier than anyone bill had to cater to. She is worse than her husband and it has gently caress all to do with gender and everything to do with the fact she wished for power on a monkeys paw and by satanic ritual.

Wow Bernie Bro thanks for mansplaining why my political views are invalid

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Reagan was the beginning of the end of America

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

Tulsi 2020

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Have Blue posted:

Yup

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

who cares

Indeed, honoring one's promises would be a foreign concept to a Clinton supporter

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yeah theyre insanely invalid

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
bernie would have fun

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So Clinton is about to start her book tour. For just 3,000 dollars you'll be able to get a front row seat and a photo with her.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/hillary-clinton-charging-big-bucks-for-book-tour-events.html

I wonder if her fans will be able to convince her to run in 2020.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

So Clinton is about to start her book tour. For just 3,000 dollars you'll be able to get a front row seat and a photo with her.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/hillary-clinton-charging-big-bucks-for-book-tour-events.html

I wonder if her fans will be able to convince her to run in 2020.

I'm glad she loving lost.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It fun to see her visit places while selling her book that she never visited during the election tour.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
pay $3000 to get your picture taken with a piece of poo poo loser? couldn’t they just take selfie?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

rezatahs posted:

pay $3000 to get your picture taken with a piece of poo poo loser? couldn’t they just take selfie?

:captainpop:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

rezatahs posted:

:parrot:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Hillary is in fact an evil slease ball yes, but I still reluctantly voted for her and hated myself for doing it because she at least understands how politics work unlike a certain other guy

It's bittersweet because on one hand I hate the Clintons and love seeing them get their comeuppance, but on the other hand we're all gonna die

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
No flash photography, as that will reveal her true form, you will be sacrificed to feed her unending hunger, and you will NOT get a refund

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

we're all gonna die

You're giving trump too much credit

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

wide stance posted:

Lend-lease was utterly insane and a hell of a political coup. "Here have all these tanks, warplanes, and 100,000 Studebaker trucks to transport supplies to kill Germans with. For free btw".

WW2 would have ended very quickly if it wasn't for that. Moscow would have quickly fallen, and there would have been no landings in North Africa, Italy, and of course d-day France.

actually lend lease wasn't even started until march of 41 and the soviet union wasn't even a part of it until later, receiving only around 1/3 of what the UK received by the end of the war.

the battle for moscow was october 41-jan 42. its not clear as to when the SU was included in lend-lease but i doubt 6 months was enough time to make a major difference, even by the renewed spring offensives of 42. the SU beat the germans by feb of 43

lend-lease helped but it certainly did not decide the outcome of the war, especially in the east

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Wrong, America won it

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

Wrong, America won it

oh, oops. sorry

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

We stomped the krauts and pushed back the reds and contained communism leading to the perfect world we have today

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

We stomped the krauts and pushed back the reds and contained communism leading to the perfect world we have today

:patriot:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

quote:

#1 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

rezatahs posted:

:vince:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As bad as it is to see the country managed by an ineffectual babyman whom is hands-down the most shameful international representative the country has ever had, it was pretty nice to see all the Clintonites I grew up around recognize that they were arrogant jerkoffs who deserved every bit of their loss and will be spoken of with great shame in the annals of history.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rezatahs posted:

lol

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

actually lend lease wasn't even started until march of 41 and the soviet union wasn't even a part of it until later, receiving only around 1/3 of what the UK received by the end of the war.

the battle for moscow was october 41-jan 42. its not clear as to when the SU was included in lend-lease but i doubt 6 months was enough time to make a major difference, even by the renewed spring offensives of 42. the SU beat the germans by feb of 43

lend-lease helped but it certainly did not decide the outcome of the war, especially in the east

no, US aid did make a substantial difference, just not in a way that is obvious in photos because the most consequential help was in the form of trucks

and knowledge transfer, especially in terms of the industrial organization of all of those tank and arms factories that had to be hastily set-up

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

I got shattered when it came out but only made it like halfway before I gave up out of boredom.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

RaySmuckles posted:

minimizing the importance of lend lease is basically just soviet propaganda, most historians attribute far more value to it than you are giving. the soviet generals certainly disagreed with you, at any rate.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Have Blue posted:

So Carter was the actual end, because without him we would never have gotten Reagan.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

LGD posted:

no, US aid did make a substantial difference, just not in a way that is obvious in photos because the most consequential help was in the form of trucks

and knowledge transfer, especially in terms of the industrial organization of all of those tank and arms factories that had to be hastily set-up

and boots. 12.5 million or so iirc. basically lots of behind the scenes poo poo, and yea without US trucks they weren't going loving anywhere.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Tallgeese posted:

So Carter was the actual end, because without him we would never have gotten Reagan.

And don't forget, we wouldn't have had the beginning of the end without George Washington

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Over There posted:

And don't forget, we wouldn't have had the beginning of the end without George Washington

You joke, but if Carter had not screwed up as badly as he did Reagan would have had no shot at the White House. It really is on his head.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Reagan did some good things. He got rid of a lot of that welfare crap. Bunch of freeloaders the kept a float by government money. Hopefully trump can do more of the same.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Reagan did some good things. He got rid of a lot of that welfare crap. Bunch of freeloaders the kept a float by government money. Hopefully trump can do more of the same.

lol

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Why is this age restricted?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Why is this age restricted?

She talks about her fantasy of trump groping her and her grabbing his thick hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train