Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

hitchensgoespop posted:

To be clear i have a regular group that i raid with every Friday.

I just remember what it was like wanting to do the raids but worried that i would drag everyone down, then joining groups that weren't patient and being put off for the next few months.

If i recall the number of people that complete a raid or even make any significant progress in shockingly small. That's a significant issue for Bungie in my opinion, that the main end game activity is SO heavily gated because significant functionality isn't build into the game itself.

To be fair ive not looked for a raid group since the XBOX LFG functionality was introduced but initially LFG was a crap shoot

LFG is toxic garbage and most likely always will be.
You're way better off using one of the numerous goon groups to raid with. We have tolerance and patience up until about the 3rd raid, and then we'll start giving you poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Or I could play video games how I prefer. Solo or grouped via quick matchmaking with voice chat off/muted.

Then you should do the raid solo.
That way when you fail the very first encounter, you'll know it's because you choose to be anti social in a game focused very much on being social.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Then you should do the raid solo.
That way when you fail the very first encounter, you'll know it's because you choose to be anti social in a game focused very much on being social.

Or, brace yourself for this, there could simply be options for different play styles.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Guided Games only works for normie raids aka scrubs that just want to "see the content"

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
It only really clicked for me when i found a few decent groups on 100.io and started joining regular raids that people were posting each week,

Most groups are weak sauce but its fairly easy if your keen to see the same names popping up regularly and jumping on. From there you just need to join regularly and not be a dick and people will start seeking you out to join.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

LFG is toxic garbage and most likely always will be.
You're way better off using one of the numerous goon groups to raid with. We have tolerance and patience up until about the 3rd raid, and then we'll start giving you poo poo.

Unfortunately (for numerous reasons) im in the UK so goon groups are pretty much useless as they are really heavily US based.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Raid matchmaking is dumb, and you're dumb for wanting it.
Get some friends you loving anti-social nerds.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Or I could drink alcohol how I prefer. Alone in my basement or sitting by myself browsing the web on my phone at a busy bar

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hell yeah

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Or, brace yourself for this, there could simply be options for different play styles.

There are. Every feature in D1 beyond raids and nightfalls supported solo play. Try to imagine doing Oryx in matchmaking. Hell, imagine doing any fight in KF in matchmaking.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Serf
May 5, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Guided Games only works for normie raids aka scrubs that just want to "see the content"

What's the difference between normie raids and non-normie raids?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Serf posted:

How quickly someone has a meltdown when you die.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Emron posted:

There are. Every feature in D1 beyond raids and nightfalls supported solo play. Try to imagine doing Oryx in matchmaking. Hell, imagine doing any fight in KF in matchmaking.

The Echo Chamber strike could be really painful with a lovely group and that was just moving a thing from A to B in order to hurt the boss.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Serf posted:

Unclear if the mechanics are different but it looks like you can only use guided games for normal mode, not heroic, so at the very least there will be different loot tables.

Serf
May 5, 2011

haveblue posted:

Unclear if the mechanics are different but it looks like you can only use guided games for normal mode, not heroic, so at the very least there will be different loot tables.

So then the incentive to try harder content to see your numbers go up is still there. People love seeing their numbers go up.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

How quickly someone has a meltdown when you die.

:discourse:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I've approved everyone so far who applied to Bigger, Dumber Space Mans for hot PC and/or PS4 action.

Here's the Discord!

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I really liked the story missions set in Vault of Glass/Crota's End and I think that is a good compromise for people who just want to see the areas.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Quotin dis because there seems to be some confusion on this point ITT

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

You sound like Beaky Buzzard because you're a loving retard, cool, we understand why you hide in shame typically but we don't care. Refusing to play the game properly outright makes you a twat. :colbert:

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress off with that stupid poo poo, Destiny is awesome to play solo, it is its own unique experience to play strikes and other content with randoms.

Edit: also patrols

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Balthesar posted:

I really liked the story missions set in Vault of Glass/Crota's End and I think that is a good compromise for people who just want to see the areas.

Later on in the game, they re-used the same mission areas to make non-raid missions; during Taken King we got to visit both the Vault (Praedyth/Paradox) and Crota's End (Last Rites), so this did happen! :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:lol: at going to a bar

Balthesar posted:

gently caress off with that stupid poo poo, Destiny is awesome to play solo, it is its own unique experience to play strikes and other content with randoms.

Yup :D

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

[Matchmaking group stuck for an hour at totems because TimBaseball0122 is afk at the room entrance] Ah, this is the way it was meant to be

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Balthesar posted:

we just want you to feel the rage we felt doing them, like an awful circle of life

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

No one said patrol or strikes should be locked behind having someone in your life who cares if you live or die, you sad mongoloids, only that endgame content which relies on communication and teamwork should never water itself down to cater to fat babies who refuse to participate.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kilometers Davis posted:

Or, get this, you could go play another game that caters to solo players instead of an always online shared world shooter with 6 man fireteam content.

Destiny 1 sold a brazillion copies even though it was a terrible game in many respects, and a ton of that had to do with the sense of community surrounding the end game activities.

For better or worse, loving "Bone Krew" and "Moana Cucks" don't exist with raid matchmaking implemented.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

vvvv :lol::lol:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 31, 2017

boz
Oct 16, 2005
People who want to raid without interacting are the same people who will get a gym membership, stop going, and then never cancel since they'd have to talk to a person.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

For better or worse, loving "Bone Krew" and "Moana Cucks" don't exist with raid matchmaking implemented.

Hmm, pretty torn now tbh

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005

boz posted:

People who want to raid without interacting are the same people who will get a gym membership, stop going, and then never cancel since they'd have to talk to a person.

:drat:

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

No one said patrol or strikes should be locked behind having someone in your life who cares if you live or die, you sad mongoloids, only that endgame content which relies on communication and teamwork should never water itself down to cater to fat babies who refuse to participate.

DasHangman
Feb 27, 2011

I'm the captain of the gravy train!

Insane Totoro posted:

OP, please add this to the info about PS4 clans!

I am in Big Dum Space Mans, but I app'd to Bigger Dumber Space Mans because I referred a non-goon friend (PSN RushofLife) to that one and I'd feel weird to not be in the same one as him. I may direct some other friends towards it as well.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Okay just to reiterate for the morning posting crew, we have a new general Bungie group that we can all join.

Since the original Big Dum Space Mans (PS4/PC) is full, we decided to make a new clan that's even bigger, dumber, and kinkier. The new clan is the Bigger, Dumber Space Mans [KINK] and we'll take you, your goon friends, and even your non-goon friends. So far there's a dozen people on it or so, which means don't worry about being left out of the "biglier" original clan.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, please post in the thread or join the the Discord channel when you submit applications, especially for non-goon friends. We'd like this Discord to be THE place for PS4 matchmaking and fireteam making.

Also this is one drat awesome looking sticky muffin.

I give it Five Wawas out of Five Wawas. Thumbs up.

Insane Totoro fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 31, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

I only got to play the PC beta, is the ability to turn on a dime while sprinting a console thing too, or Hunter-exclusive? I have some exotic boots on my D1 Hunter that give me this ability, and it would rule if it worked on all classes now in D2.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So I only ask because I didn't play too much Destiny but is there a limit to how many clans you can be in? Like could I be in KINK and separately a clan with work friends?

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
You guys saw that Nessus gamplay video? The table flip emote is really cool.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

dreffen posted:

So I only ask because I didn't play too much Destiny but is there a limit to how many clans you can be in? Like could I be in KINK and separately a clan with work friends?

You can be in multiple clans, but if you want group trophies to count in game/have the clan name show up in your emblem nameplate thing, you have to go to the bungie site and check "set as active clan"

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

hiddenriverninja posted:

You can be in multiple clans, but if you want group trophies to count in game/have the clan name show up in your emblem nameplate thing, you have to go to the bungie site and check "set as active clan"

Good to know! Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol just lol if you think raid matchmaking will work when you have idiots doing this all day

http://i.imgur.com/7R30zx8.gifv