Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Reiley posted:

I remember hearing if you had a tekken tag team of a mishima and a devil mishima instead of swapping out with the normal animation they just transform. It would be cool if the Gokus worked like that.

that would be sick

you dont get an assist but you get some other advantage when you get to blue goku or whatever?? idk how that would work but it would be neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh righ tthis is the marvel thread uhhh

the voice acting is bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

The DBZ game looks cool, but as someone who has never seen the show or anything, blowing character slots on Blue Hair Goku seems way more egregious than what Marvel's doing with their cast.
Not really. Marvel is reusing 90% of its roster and models from a 6 year old game, the DBZ game has two characters who share their models with two other characters but will probably play differently. I'm not sure the latter is the worse of those two.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Zand posted:

I can't think of an arc game with clone characters.

isuka has awakened sol/ky who are just the regular character but in pema dragon install and they have a few more moves, but given you have to play the dumb beat em up mode in a bad game to unlock them I'm not surprised nobody know this.

for what it's worth lambda and nu were literally the same character in CS with nu being the unlimited mode who has the exact same animations but with a different head, but that probably doesn't count.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 20, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Reiley posted:

I remember hearing if you had a tekken tag team of a mishima and a devil mishima instead of swapping out with the normal animation they just transform. It would be cool if the Gokus worked like that.

disrespectful goku powering down and de-saiyaning

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

if i cant have 3 gokus on my team then the game sucks

this one i mean

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Clones are good, it's why Melty is the greatest fighting game ever.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

zooted heh posted:

I was trying to figure out why gamora was chosen instead of starlord and that's because that would bring the games female cast to the grand total of three in a roster with thirty characters.

Also SEXAY LADY

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Gamora is cool and one of few reasons I want to play this game (beyond her VA which is terrible)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gamora being the comic book version while Rocket went from his Australian VA to his movie VA is just another loving idiotic thing that bugs me. Just make them all cinematic universe or not, even Hawkeye got saddled with his godawful movie costume

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Let's face it, Hawkguy is the only Hawkeye costume worth having, he only has bad costumes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
where's arrow

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they should have used Kate Bishop

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It sucks that Capcom is lazy but not lazy enough to put She-Hulk in instead of Gamora.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gamescom trailer feat ghost rider/firebrand and dormammu/jedah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmJqa5iNS3U

firebrand got a new super and jedah has his contract from hell super

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

why is the voice acting so much worse for every single character?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

sharrrk posted:

why is the voice acting so much worse for every single character?

Seriously. Firebrand had a cool voice in Ultimate Marvel 3 and now he sounds godawful

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

voice actor strike or capcom being loving lazy as usual, pick one or both

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Many of the characters have the same VA though, just doing a strictly worse job than umvc3 for some reason.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This is your daily reminder that DBFZ looks so much better than this game. Android 18 is a tag team character with Android 17 and it looks sick hype.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

VigilantePrime posted:

Many of the characters have the same VA though, just doing a strictly worse job than umvc3 for some reason.

Probably for the same reason Capcom is. :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the characters just sound less excited/energetic in general, I wouldn't be surprised if they were under specific direction from marvel to dial down the bombastic stuff we saw in MvC3

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why's they heads all tiny

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dormammu has the same VA he did in MVC3 but his lines sound nowhere near as cool or menacing. He just sounds like a generic evil dude with echoing voice.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
they couldn't loving get back Richard Greico for Ghost Rider :smith:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Dormammu has the same VA he did in MVC3 but his lines sound nowhere near as cool or menacing. He just sounds like a generic evil dude with echoing voice.

wait holy poo poo it's the same dude?

no loving way

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is absolutely him, they hosed up his voice. Idk who is doing Capcom's ADR work for this game, but they are severely loving up.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
every va sounds incredibly bored

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

90% of the reason i first tried dorm was loving his voice lines

what a bummer

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

this sucks

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/Richard_Grieco/status/900037926054109184

https://twitter.com/Richard_Grieco/status/900165406173745152

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Marvel 3 unironically looks better than most games released today.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

fadam posted:

Marvel 3 unironically looks better than most games released today.

Video game graphics have definitely advanced to the point where the overall aesthetic and style is more important than how advanced the graphics technology is. Marvel 3 did a great job with it's aesthetic. Infinite did not, but I also don't think the graphics are terrible.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The lighting on Infinite sucks, some of the models are good, better than 3, really, but because of the shading everything looks like it's made of playdough.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of these models aren't good even when compared to 3 because 3 in the context of what that game is achieves the comic/superhero look to cel-shaded style very well. This game tries a more realistic look to some of the characters, but the characters who aren't actual people (Ultron, Iron Man sans his face, and Dormammu) all look good, meanwhile a ton of the Capcom characters are people with weird rear end poo poo going on with their faces and then there's poo poo like Cap's body, Jedah's face, and idk what it is there's something off about Ghost Rider.

Like aesthetically this game is doing a bad job of defining itself, it has no real identity to its look or even to its sound other than both are low effort and bad.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dias posted:

The lighting on Infinite sucks, some of the models are good, better than 3, really, but because of the shading everything looks like it's made of playdough.

playdough and someone's laboriously stolen skin

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=160&v=IwNi6G_Bd3Y

:lol: somebody pointed out Iron Man's new theme is his Iron Man 3 movie theme

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Race Realists posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=160&v=IwNi6G_Bd3Y

:lol: somebody pointed out Iron Man's new theme is his Iron Man 3 movie theme

that's so loving lame

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
So...the voice acting is bad, the writing even worse, the music lame, the characters look sterile, and the gameplay is basically a slowed down version of a game we've already been playing for 6 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ryu's theme that comes in after may be even worse. It sounds like a Gameboy Color remix of Ryu's theme.

• Locked thread