Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shitshow posted:

I think it's the usual Wenger smokescreen of "Well, we *tried* to buy so-and-so" after he sells one of our best players.

It's this, will never happen... and Sanchez will be gone in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I hope Arsenal get nobody and they suffer for eternity

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Has anyone updated the net spend table yet?!?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shitshow posted:

I'd be pretty shocked if he joined Arsenal. I think it's the usual Wenger smokescreen of "Well, we *tried* to buy so-and-so" after he sells one of our best players.

Seems more like a media beat up job to keep everyone paying attention to the *drama* in the final hours

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

NTRabbit posted:

Seems more like a media beat up job to keep everyone paying attention to the *drama* in the final hours

I think Sanchez is off and Wenger is going to need some kind of defense - no matter how weak - to ward off the fan rage.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shitshow posted:

I think Sanchez is off and Wenger is going to need some kind of defense - no matter how weak - to ward off the fan rage.

It's being reported from 'sources'by Sky Sports, maybe when someone more reputable like Goal.com starts reporting it I'll take it more seriously

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I cant imagine this is a reputable source but posting it anyway.
https://twitter.com/MichaelWalshLDN/status/903250707050004480

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Diva Cupcake posted:

im ian wright on 5live

I THIUGHT WE WERE GETTING HIM

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is that what GFFN is referring to here? Seems like they're saying it's a lie.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/903260080468094976

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's not happening

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Arsenal signing Lemar doesn't sound particularly surprising or unlikely tbqh. It doesn't actually solve any problems, it's not like it'd be some genius move by Wenger.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Arsenal have bigger problems than spending 95m on a winger

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal have big problems?!?!?!?!?!?!?! News to me!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Arsenal have bigger problems than spending 95m on a winger

That’s exactly what I mean, people are saying “there’s no way this will happen” is if it’s an instant solution, when in reality it’s just paying three times what Sanchez cost for a less experienced Sanchez replacement. Strikes me as the exact kind of panicked deadline day move Arsenal would make.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

wicka posted:

That’s exactly what I mean, people are saying “there’s no way this will happen” is if it’s an instant solution, when in reality it’s just paying three times what Sanchez cost for a less experienced Sanchez replacement. Strikes me as the exact kind of panicked deadline day move Arsenal would make.

Sanchez is going to sulk and boohoo all season until he signs for someone else and it will be poo poo, best to move him on tbh. He's going to start for Chile either way as someone said so keeping him is kind of dumb.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

From a Liverpool perspective, yeah Lemar would be cool (I say knowing nothing about him other than that he's good based on the opinions thrown about here) but if we have to spend a lot of money today on one player I'd rather it be an experienced CB, be it VVD or...well, probably VVD since we've apparently never looked at anyone else.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
We're blatantly not getting a CB, VVD or otherwise. On that basis, I'd like Lemar becuase shiny and new.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We don't need defenders with that front three :smug:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Healbot posted:

Scousers and Gunners making this thread almost unreadable, like every loving time around deadline day.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

T Bowl posted:

Sanchez is going to sulk and boohoo all season until he signs for someone else and it will be poo poo, best to move him on tbh. He's going to start for Chile either way as someone said so keeping him is kind of dumb.

I dunno he's always pretty professional and puts a shift in even when everyone else is having a casual work.

Anyway we'll see because he's 100% staying

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dan James has returned to Swansea after Shrewsbury asked to cancel his loan!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/903274272826814464

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea have also signed some Benda to play in goal for the youth team.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'll be perfectly frank, the dream is VVD and keeping big Cout. Not sure I give a poo poo about Lemar since we're pretty stacked now anyway. If arsenal want to drop that much cash on Lemar then go for it I say

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I'll be perfectly frank, the dream is VVD and keeping big Cout. Not sure I give a poo poo about Lemar since we're pretty stacked now anyway. If arsenal want to drop that much cash on Lemar then go for it I say
Yes but VVD isn't moving. Neither is Coutinho mind you but no reason to think any other incoming players at the moment.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes but VVD isn't moving. Neither is Coutinho mind you but no reason to think any other incoming players at the moment.

Are you trying to tell me twitter lies?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Nani to Lazio is a done deal

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

quote:

Sky Sports
9 mins ·
BREAKING: Sky sources say Arsenal have bid a club-record £92m for Monaco's Thomas Lemar.

Lolz

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
i'm just grateful i can enjoy deadline day bantz with all youse, let's have a good time everyone #COYG #deadlineday #:kiddo:

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

This is the media trolling arsenal fans setting up the "Lemar snubs arsenal for Liverpool" headlines.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
What do you think they're smoking over there at the Emirates?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

This transfer deadline day looks super uninteresting for Man United so far

Also lol at Arsenal simultaneously having no money to spend and doubling their transfer record.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

This transfer deadline day looks super uninteresting for Man United so far

Good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kiger_Soze posted:

This is the media trolling arsenal fans setting up the "Lemar snubs arsenal for Liverpool" headlines.
I dont see Liverpool matching that but the narrative is already in place.
https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/903278668767797248

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Remember when we all did hearty lols at united paying 90million for pogba...

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Signed by Monaco for £4m ish and has scored 9 goals...

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Signed by Monaco for £4m ish and has scored 9 goals...

His youtube highlight real for 2 seasons combined is under 4 minutes long and that's all i need to know

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/903281290987937793

Apparently they don't think there's enough time to negotiate with Lemar before the France match.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

^^^ Or they withdrew to save face if they knew he'd turn them down. They'd have 3 hours before France match, why isn't there enough time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
All the lols. Though it's probably hosed any chance of us signing him.

• Locked thread