Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It gets better. They have matching Adventure Time tattoos. His name is not Finn but that's what he goes by. And after CPS deemed them permanently unfit as parents and put their child into a foster home they shrugged and had another kid. And they named her something along the lines of Lyndsey Stephanie Paula.

Yes, they named their new child LSP after Lumpy Space Princess.

I wish I was making this up.

Synthbuttrange posted:

didnt a goon name their kid that?

I've told this several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

were they going to teach the baby korean?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

It gets better. They have matching Adventure Time tattoos. His name is not Finn but that's what he goes by. And after CPS deemed them permanently unfit as parents and put their child into a foster home they shrugged and had another kid. And they named her something along the lines of Lyndsey Stephanie Paula.

I think people who are criminally negligent to their children are disqualified from terrible child names contests. Like, if Jared Fogle had a kid named Avocado or whatever, would that really change your opinion of him?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Skwirl posted:

I think people who are criminally negligent to their children are disqualified from terrible child names contests. Like, if Jared Fogle had a kid named Avocado or whatever, would that really change your opinion of him?

Yes.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Rhyno posted:

Well, I didn't think I'd read about something worse than the couple who named their baby HItler, but here you go.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ahah if one of the cold opens in S2 of the Defenders was elf-gun crime and then never mentioned again in the series.

There is no loving way something that fun would be in those shows.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I hold the idiotic name trump card. I have the customers who named their loving child LADY RAINICORN.

And they later had the kid taken away by CPS because they were feeding a loving newborn happy meals they ran through a blender.

At this point I’m convinced you live in a alternate reality that’s really terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

At this point I’m convinced you live in a alternate reality that’s really terrible.

We've been over this, it's called Indiana.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Sometimes I forget Indiana exists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only reason I know Indiana exists is because of Joe Dante's best work.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I hold the idiotic name trump card. I have the customers who named their loving child LADY RAINICORN.

And they later had the kid taken away by CPS because they were feeding a loving newborn happy meals they ran through a blender.

Did they at least take the toy out first?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I liked Eerie Indiana as a kid and it just makes total sense for Rhyno to be running the comic book store there.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

This is why you don't talk to people in comic book stores. Get in get out stay away from the crazy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Yes, Jared Fogel spawning Captain Pseudoscience would actually lower my opinion of him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jordan7hm posted:

This is why you don't talk to people in comic book stores. Get in get out stay away from the crazy.

Comixology/Marvel Unlimited means I haven’t been in a comic store in several years at this point and don’t ever have to go to one again. So life is good on that front.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've been in a comic store maybe twice in my life. Digital lifestyle baby.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

Yes, Jared Fogel spawning Captain Pseudoscience would actually lower my opinion of him.

Wait, does guacamole have some kind of herbal healing ability because if so I'm gonna live forever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

Wait, does guacamole have some kind of herbal healing ability because if so I'm gonna live forever.

I take it you're not on Facebook? Because a day doesn't go by that I don't see something from or about this rear end in a top hat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

The weirdest part of this whole story is the fact you even know any of this.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So does "color cure" strike anyone else as sounding disquietingly racist?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

Comixology/Marvel Unlimited means I haven’t been in a comic store in several years at this point and don’t ever have to go to one again. So life is good on that front.

I have a 10" android tablet and am picking up an iPad Pro today but... I still love physical books :(

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DC needs their version of Unlimited like right now. 20 bucks a month to get all the big two comics six months late? sold!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

DC needs their version of Unlimited like right now. 20 bucks a month to get all the big two comics six months late? sold!

It's insane that they don't have one. I've paid so much actual money for Marvel comics because I was able to get into them with MU.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

hiddenriverninja posted:

You'd think DC would rather have some of my money than none of my money, but :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lobok posted:

The weirdest part of this whole story is the fact you even know any of this.

They're regular customers (well, they were) and he was a very chatty dude. Some people just share too much. My mother works with an CPS/APS agency and she was telling me about this poor baby with a stupid name and I was like "ZOMG WAS IT LADY RAINICORN???" So through just knowing a few other people I was able to piece the whole story together.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did they look like what I think they look like

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Did they look like what I think they look like

Yes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Keeshhound posted:

So does "color cure" strike anyone else as sounding disquietingly racist?

No, he's just a (horrifyingly successful) pseudoscience bullshit peddler.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

He's the new Dr. Oz.
Has he gone on about GLUTEN BAD? I'd assume so.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Discendo Vox posted:

No, I get that (based on the image I'm assuming it has something to do with eating the right combination of "colorful" foods), I just mean that, devoid of context, if you heard a guy on the street shouting that he had the "color cure" for sale, would your first assumption be "he's slinging pseudoscience" or "gently caress, more white supremecists?"

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 1, 2017

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

No, I get that (based on the image I'm assuming it has something to do with eating the right combination of "colorful" foods), I just mean that, devoid of context, if you heard a guy on the street shouting that he had the "color cure" for sale, would your first assumption be "he's slinging pseudoscience" or "gently caress, more white supremecists?"

With his hair? Pseudoscience.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Considering it's Florida? Neither honestly.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Star Wars: Mace Windu #1

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

Taskmaster would probably work better as a TV/streaming series, really. You could explore the supervillain side of the MCU, bring in a few more known villains at that power level, stuff like that.

Make it a heist show where him and a few other villains are robbing an even bigger bad guy. Each episode is them stealing a piece of a whole for the finale. Round up a few villains you'd NEVER see on TV, just get loving weird with it because A: the more weird and out of place your characters look the more fun you can have with it (and let's face it, costumes just look stupid might as well just lean into it) and B: these guys just CAN'T fit into the "OMG so serious" MCU. In fact being larger than life may be what got them caught and blackmailed/bribed into being in this situation to begin with and C: no one will complain if you rewrite their backstory. Guys like Kraven the Hunter in his original lion face costume just being loud and foreign and boastful and dumb.
Doctor Demonicus dying genius that creates monsters.
Paste Pot Pete because bitter characters are funny and he can be the "will he or won't he betray them" character
Zaran. Characters like that, street level idiots who play well off each other using their unique talents to steal stuff from good and bad guys with the ultimate goal to help. Just make it intentionally loud and dumb and make them "hard luck heroes" who finally prevail despite all the slip ups with Taskmaster their long suffering leader trying to herd these cats.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Paste Pot Pete because bitter characters are funny and he can be the "will he or won't he betray them" character

It's the loving Trapster, rear end in a top hat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Roth posted:

Star Wars: Mace Windu #1

I always liked the design of these droids. Shame about what they shlocky garbage they're in.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The prequel era has a lot of good designs

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Who What Now posted:

I always liked the design of these droids. Shame about what they shlocky garbage they're in.

They're fine, but they were never credible antagonists because they acted like cartoons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

They're fine, but they were never credible antagonists because they acted like cartoons.

Roger roger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

They tried to contrast their comical chipper attitude with the horrible things they did in that clone wars cartoon people keep insisting is good, and I can say it did not work very well.