Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

Here's my poo poo show team from that same drunken auction draft as Alfalfa and Catfish Noodlin.

QB Marcus Mariota $7
RB Le'Veon Bell $75
RB DeMarco Murray $48
RB/WR Ameer Abdullah $7
WR Keenan Allen $20
WR Martavis Bryant $7
TE Tyler Eifert $4
D/ST Vikings $1
K Chris Boswell $1

BE Derrick Henry $7
BE Rex Burkhead $4
BE Paul Perkins $5
BE Thomas Rawls $5
BE Kenny Britt $3
BE Eli Manning $1
BE Tyrell Williams $3

Budget Remaining: $2

A solid team. Good at every position. You wisely went deep on RB, because if Abdullah doesn't pan out, you're one injury away from starting garbage. Also Britt and Williams are great safe plays to back up your dice roll WRs. Wow, I'm really impressed. A- 90/100. Would have been higher, but literally every one of your starters is an injury risk/got injured last year/is Martavis Bryant. Still an amazing draft, congrats.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Used BeerSheets for the first time in my 10-team standard ESPN scoring league (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex). How did I do?

QB: Russell Wilson, Rivers
RB: Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Zeke, Mike Gillislee, Tevin Coleman
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Robby Anderson
TE: Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert
D/ST: Texans
K: Dan Bailey

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

KingKapalone posted:

Used BeerSheets for the first time in my 10-team standard ESPN scoring league (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex). How did I do?

QB: Russell Wilson, Rivers
RB: Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Zeke, Mike Gillislee, Tevin Coleman
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Robby Anderson
TE: Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert
D/ST: Texans
K: Dan Bailey

Please clarify: Did you mean standard scoring ESPN league, which is no-PPR, or "standard ESPN scoring league" which is now PPR

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

dy. posted:

I just had the weirdest draft. It's not at all the team I was targeting - crazy RB value kept falling to me and turned my whole strategy upside down. I managed to get Leveon Bell at #4. I actually had to force myself to stop drafting RBs because they kept falling to me over and over. Tried to load up on value WR's in the later rounds since that's my weak spot but the pickings were slim - missing out on a lot of my targets by a pick or two.

Thoughts? Did I overdo it at RB?

ESPN Standard 10-team

non-PPR? I think that's a really good team. WR might be a bit weak, but if it's PPR, then it should do really well. Love your RBs though. I'm really loving jealous.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Please clarify: Did you mean standard scoring ESPN league, which is no-PPR, or "standard ESPN scoring league" which is now PPR

Oh standard ESPN is PPR? Where you can pick the scoring it says Standard or PPR Standard so I don't think PPR is default. Our league is "Fractional" which is just "Standard" no-PPR with decimals.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

12-team non-PPR league. I think most teams had drafted 2 quarterbacks by round 10 when I grabbed Rivers.

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Isaiah Crowell
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Martavis Bryant
TE: Travis Kelce
FLX: Ameer Abdullah
K: lol
DEF: Minnesota
BN: Allen Robinson
BN: Doug Martin
BN: Stefon Diggs
BN: Tyrell Williams
BN: Kevin White
BN: Rex Burkhead

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

KingKapalone posted:

Oh standard ESPN is PPR? Where you can pick the scoring it says Standard or PPR Standard so I don't think PPR is default. Our league is "Fractional" which is just "Standard" no-PPR with decimals.

Yeah, I think they changed the default league to .5 PPR. So while "Standard" still means no PPR the default league is now PPR. On the whole, I think you're team is pretty good, but I'd rather not have the extra TE and QB. The RBs are a definite strength but you're pretty iffy at WR.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pragan4 posted:

12-team non-PPR league. I think most teams had drafted 2 quarterbacks by round 10 when I grabbed Rivers.

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Isaiah Crowell
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Martavis Bryant
TE: Travis Kelce
FLX: Ameer Abdullah
K: lol
DEF: Minnesota
BN: Allen Robinson
BN: Doug Martin
BN: Stefon Diggs
BN: Tyrell Williams
BN: Kevin White
BN: Rex Burkhead

Rivers is a good get. He looked really good in the last preseason game. If Keenan Allen stays healthy, that passing attack should be great.

Team looks good. I'm not sold on Fournette like others are, but you have good depth after him in Crowell, Abdullah, and Martin when he gets back from suspension. WRs are really good.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah, I think they changed the default league to .5 PPR. So while "Standard" still means no PPR the default league is now PPR. On the whole, I think you're team is pretty good, but I'd rather not have the extra TE and QB. The RBs are a definite strength but you're pretty iffy at WR.

Yeah I wasn't sure about the extra TE when using the BeerSheets but his value was something like 1.6 and the best available RB/WR were 0.5. I figured that's because I can use the TE as Flex? I took the QB because all the RB/WR seemed the same and had negative value. I also already had 5 of each in those positions which seems like a lot.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

pubic works project posted:

Team looks good. I'm not sold on Fournette like others are, but you have good depth after him in Crowell, Abdullah, and Martin when he gets back from suspension. WRs are really good.

I'm worried about Fournette's health and QB as much as anyone else, but it's hard to deny how talented he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ortq29_UU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I drafted Sproles late but I'm wondering if I should pick up Smallwood instead. Short benches but I went heavy receiver since my RB keepers were Bell and CJ. I need depth now. I have Jordan Matthews and Chris Hogan as my two droppable dudes. Is it worth holding onto both Eagles RBs to see how it shakes out? I have 1st waiver as well but I am saving that for emergency use only.

e: J Hill and Gio B are available too but I only want to gently caress with 1 bad pair of RBs

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I drafted Sproles late but I'm wondering if I should pick up Smallwood instead. Short benches but I went heavy receiver since my RB keepers were Bell and CJ. I need depth now. I have Jordan Matthews and Chris Hogan as my two droppable dudes. Is it worth holding onto both Eagles RBs to see how it shakes out? I have 1st waiver as well but I am saving that for emergency use only.

e: J Hill and Gio B are available too but I only want to gently caress with 1 bad pair of RBs

No, I'm actively trying to get rid of Blount and Smallwood.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Excellent, good enough for me. I did just cut Matthews to add Booker into my IR and then grabbed Latavius because gently caress Jordan Matthews

Good thing bye weeks never happen so my roster will never lose

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

I'm worried about Fournette's health and QB as much as anyone else, but it's hard to deny how talented he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ortq29_UU

I wouldn't pass him up if he fell to me or if his cost in auction was a steal, but I'm not actively drafting him (I did in the Dynasty Free For All League because it's dynasty and maybe Jacksonville will one day unfuck themselves). I've seen several LSU games where they were talking him up and he didn't do dick.

I really hope I'm wrong though for the guys here that have him. Just not the week I play against him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm actively drafting him. I said the same thing about Zeke last year and some Cowboys homer in my league took him with the fourth pick in the draft. Fournettes better than Zeke.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As an Eagles fan, hopefully Ezekie stupidface is banned for life.

But, if he gets this 6 game suspension reduced, I'm gonna be real pissed that he:

1. Had my first round picks get sniped one pick before me cause he wasn't in the 1st round anymore
2. Is owned by the same guys who drafted David Johnson or LeVeon Bell now :mad:

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Any suggestions on who I should keep from this list? Standard Yahoo scoring, 12 teams.

Todd Gurley - 2nd
Rob Kelly - 12th
Marcus Mariota - 12th (if I keep both Kelly and Mariota one becomes a 11th)
C.J. Anderson - 10th

I can pick 3. I'm leaning towards letting Gurley go because I haven't been thrilled with him the last couple years, but there are a few guys with top RB keepers so I am not sure what will be out there in the second round.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

12 team, 0.5 PPR Auction Draft. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 6 bench. Thoughts?

QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Devonta Freeman
RB - Isaiah Crowell
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Allen Robinson
TE - Jimmy Graham
FLEX - Sammy Watkins
D/ST - Texans
BE - Donte Moncrief
BE - Doug Martin
BE - Jacquizz Rodgers
BE - Giovani Bernard
BE - Robby Anderson
BE - Jamaal Charles
BE - Evan Engram (mostly a flier because I felt bad not drafting any Giants players)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'd keep Gurley, Mariota, and CJ Anderson. Gurley bounces back this year.

So, i remember I posted my draft results from my main league in here last year and everybody thought it was too good to be true. Because I'm obsessed and clearly out of my mind, I was just looking at those draft results (my picks):

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins = BUST
Round 2: Jamaal Charles = BUST
Round 3: Brandon Marshall = BUST
Round 4: Russel Wilson = BUST
Round 5: Matt Forte = BUST
Round 6: Jeremy Maclin = BUST
Round 7: Delanie Walker = Good
Round 8: Larry Fitzgerald = Good

All I'm saying is, i might as well pick a kicker in the 3rd.

I was one game from getting into the playoffs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This guy in my league REALLY wants me to trade him Kareem Hunt. He offered me Davante Adams or Michael Crabtree straight up for him, but I don't think that's enough.

What's a fair counter-offer? Or should I just stand pat with my team? Standard scoring, non-ppr.

My team:

His team:

Would Bennett & Crabtree for Hunt be enough? I'm not high on Bennett, and don't really mind streaming TE all year anyway, so I'm not sure.

What would be a fair 2-for-1 deal if I wanted to target his Freeman or Cooks?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 31, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

This guy in my league REALLY wants me to trade him Kareem Hunt.

Have him give Cooks or Baldwin or no deal. He's the one with no RB's, make him pay the premium to fix it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Speaking of him, how do you guys actually value Cooks?

I've been avoiding him because we don't know how he'll do in the Patriots scheme. But, with the loss of Edelman :shrug:

But, Cooks > Brady might be a little smarter than my Gronk > Brady plan is all I'm saying

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
With someone strangely dropping Willie Snead I now have all 3 saints starting wrs. Id really like to flip one to upgrade my qb (2 qb league held out too long and ended up with Bradford as my second) but this league notoriously hard to trade in. Would I be ok holding all 3? Half ppr.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

coronaball posted:

Have him give Cooks or Baldwin or no deal. He's the one with no RB's, make him pay the premium to fix it.

Seconding this. If he says no, drop Kendall Wright for a streaming TE and stand pat.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

the_american_dream posted:

With someone strangely dropping Willie Snead I now have all 3 saints starting wrs. Id really like to flip one to upgrade my qb (2 qb league held out too long and ended up with Bradford as my second) but this league notoriously hard to trade in. Would I be ok holding all 3? Half ppr.

I would hold them to see how the pecking order shakes out over the first couple of weeks. I would hate it if I traded Hogan as a WR3 and he ends up a WR1 or whatever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RIP in pieces

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Spoeank posted:

RIP in pieces

I still remember David Dobbs and John Paulsen raving about him in seperate podcasts in the same week. I rushed home to grab him off the wire and then nothing for two years.

Thats my Cody Latimer story.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Question for the thread:

In 0.5 PPR, what's the worst player you'd be OK with as your WR1?

My gut says anyone lower than Alshon is probably bad news.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Cody Latimer makes me 2 for 2 getting yelled at by Cecil Lammey on twitter that I was wrong and it turned out I was so right

Thats my Latimer story

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What was the other time

I think you've told it before but refresh me

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Doltos posted:

I'm actively drafting him. I said the same thing about Zeke last year and some Cowboys homer in my league took him with the fourth pick in the draft. Fournettes better than Zeke.

The Jags line is nowhere near as good as the Cowboys line

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

89 posted:

Speaking of him, how do you guys actually value Cooks?

I've been avoiding him because we don't know how he'll do in the Patriots scheme. But, with the loss of Edelman :shrug:

But, Cooks > Brady might be a little smarter than my Gronk > Brady plan is all I'm saying

I didn't love him until Edelman got hurt. Those targets have to go somewhere.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

paternity suitor posted:

I didn't love him until Edelman got hurt. Those targets have to go somewhere.

Malcolm Mitchell--you heard it here first.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
When do teams have to designate players as on the IR? asking for my dynasty roster (own ware and meredith)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A player can go on IR at any time.

But teams are probably trying to figure out their cut down to 53 and sticking guys on IR lets them keep someone they'd otherwise have to cut, so there's a strong incentive to designate IR before 4PM ET Saturday, which is the 53-man deadline. Also anyone on active PUP/NFI have to go onto IR PUP/NFI by then, or else count as active (part of the 53):

quote:

"Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List."

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

When do teams have to designate players as on the IR? asking for my dynasty roster (own ware and meredith)

I would assume they'd do it this weekend when they cut the rosters down to 53.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cody Latimer Was good as hell in the last ncaa game

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Drunk Nerds posted:

I bet they also are un-coupling the co-owners, they just forgot to say it. So two divisions of like 12 teams. Otherwise it makes zero sense to have co-owners AND split it into divisions: One brings more people in, the other is done when there are already too many people

Nope lol it really is two 6 man leagues apparently. Can't wait to get like Julio/OBJ at the 1/2 turn!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And then play Julio/obj in the championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Makes sense. I'm used to losing guys midway through seasons not before.

Thanks!

• Locked thread