Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, unless you already have it on your Vita, from that weird weekend that they accidentally whitelisted nigh everything (or your system is hacked) you're SOL.

That's a shame, but thanks for the confirmation. Oh well, I still have PS Nova to complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Demon Gaze 2 drops November 14th and the 17th in North America and Europe respectively. Limited edition announced.

Tokyo Tattoo Girls also launches on the same day in both regions, also has a limited edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJV_OoVCZQ

VA-11 Hall-A has a release date... in Japan, no Western release date yet.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm seriously surprised that we still have real Vita news.

I wonder if there will be a new Nep game for it in the distant future.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Good thing DG2 is coming out. I saw that new Skelter game which seemed fine of a dungeon crawler until I looked at the features ....

Really surprised Vita is still getting new things too.

Not all releases are good (lol Valkyria) but some are very, very fun (Xanadu).

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'll probably grab demon gaze 2 when it comes out, Mary skelter and the tattoo game look like great choices for a 5-10 buck sale impulse buy. The mechanics in skelter look like they'd just piss me off after a certain point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Takoluka posted:

I'm seriously surprised that we still have real Vita news.

I wonder if there will be a new Nep game for it in the distant future.

why? it's alive and well

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

it's alive and well, actually...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Yessss Demon Gaze 2!

Cosmic Star Heroine should be out on Vita by then too since the dev seems to have fixed the Vita memory leak issue.

The vita will somehow drag itself through another holiday season.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No DT2-2. Unfortunate, but expected.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Here I am sitting, waiting, someday for that Romancing SaGa 2 English Vita port to be finished. If I got those and Scarlet Grace I'd probably never touch my Vita again afterwards.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Vita page on the official US Playstation website now has all links redirecting to the main page.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dehry posted:

The Vita page on the official US Playstation website now has all links redirecting to the main page.

Nice

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Pureauthor posted:

No DT2-2. Unfortunate, but expected.

Bit early to weigh in on that, if you don't hear anything about Atlus (or someone else) working on it by the end of the year I'd assume it's not going to show up.

I'd still buy an English version though, I'm unclear on some of the plot parts due to my lovely understanding of kanji. This sucks more than you'd think since the story is longer and more involved than 2, plus there's a few spots where I wasn't entirely clear on what the game wanted me to do. Thankfully the Japanese wiki for it is reasonable but butchered by Google translate.

Pokemon OH SNAP!
Oct 17, 2004

If anyone cares Gamestop ordered a reprint of Odin Sphere for Vita and is selling brand new copies as used for $45.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dehry posted:

:owned:

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Stanos posted:

Bit early to weigh in on that, if you don't hear anything about Atlus (or someone else) working on it by the end of the year I'd assume it's not going to show up.

I'd still buy an English version though, I'm unclear on some of the plot parts due to my lovely understanding of kanji. This sucks more than you'd think since the story is longer and more involved than 2, plus there's a few spots where I wasn't entirely clear on what the game wanted me to do. Thankfully the Japanese wiki for it is reasonable but butchered by Google translate.

Don't know your level of Japanese but you can use rikaichan/kun to help you read kanji without having to go through google translate.

Also, you can get the google translate app on your phone to directly translate from the Vita screen, which is nice, though the live feature doesn't work very well due to the game-specific jargon it uses and often unusual grammar some characters use, like Tsurara.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah I use Google translate on my TV for some parts and yomiwa to write the Kanji I don't pick up from the speech with a dictionary to cover other parts. It's just handy to hit the wiki in one swipe when I'm writing down what certain grand seal books do for quick reference and remembering some Kanji that come up commonly (mainly how many enchants I have left on a piece of gear before its done so I don't accidentally finalize it and come out with crap I put on just to get levels and what different dances/songs do). Luckily most of the skills and abilities are in katakana, there's a combat log and gear doesn't have weird poo poo on it so it's easy to actually play and get a good idea of what's happening.

And Tsurara is a common lookup with a lesser emphasis on Yae and sometimes Gina/Geena/whatever will throw me. I get the gist of the plot and what's going on but if you asked me to write a synopsis or take a test on it I'd probably bomb it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cPWR2TCM30

PC/PS4/Vita, February 15th

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cool, maybe the remake will make it fun to play

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
But not the Switch? Goddamn.

Still gonna get it though.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

That voice acting :barf:

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Morpheus posted:

But not the Switch? Goddamn.

Still gonna get it though.

The compilation was just released in Japan; Square isn't going to torpedo that by announcing the remake for the Switch. Give it six months or a year.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

zenintrude posted:

That voice acting :barf:

I let out an involuntary "Haha!" when I heard him talk. What are they thinking?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If anyone x2 in the UK wants an SD2Vita adapter I somehow got sent 3 instead of 1 so if you pm me your address I'll just throw that poo poo in the post.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Any chance you'd send to the states if we could cover shipping?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sure

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

History Comes Inside! posted:

If anyone x2 in the UK wants an SD2Vita adapter I somehow got sent 3 instead of 1 so if you pm me your address I'll just throw that poo poo in the post.

What exactly do these do? I've seen them around eBay and stuff, but I'm not 100% sure what their purpose is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Homebrew stuff for firmware 3.60, lets you use microsd cards for storage instead of the proprietary Sony cards.

I can fit my entire collection on my vita at any one time now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I read this thread more often, I updated to 3.61 before getting the news about 3.60 :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

At least you can still play all the cool new releases like

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Va-11 Hall-a someday maybe? If you haven't already on pc?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

At least you can still play all the cool new releases like

Undertale!!!!!!!!!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm getting Danganronpa V3 next month and that's probably the last Vita game I'm ever buying.

Also I'm finally getting around to playing Cold Steel 2 and all these cool Divine Knight battles leave me wanting Falcom to do a Xenogearsian epic around these things. I need more mech JRPGs!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Also I'm finally getting around to playing Cold Steel 2 and all these cool Divine Knight battles leave me wanting Falcom to do a Xenogearsian epic around these things. I need more mech JRPGs!

It looks like CS3's going to expand on the giant robots, whenever we get that.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

I'm getting Danganronpa V3 next month and that's probably the last Vita game I'm ever buying.

What about Demon Gaze 2? :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS4 version

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I didn't buy the original and I have enough DRPGs on Vita and 3DS to last me a life time.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Get hyped to remote play Monster Hunter World PS4 through your vita. Live the dream.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Policenaut posted:

I didn't buy the original and I have enough DRPGs on Vita and 3DS to last me a life time.

But are any of those the sequel to a game that featured a catgirl getting high on sniffing phallic shaped mushrooms?

Yeah, I didnt think so.

Your move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Really Pants posted:

It looks like CS3's going to expand on the giant robots, whenever we get that.

If they don't give your entire party mechs this time around I'm going to be so pissed