Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
See ya'll next deployment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
After the tense period of consistent weekly chapters where you live in fear of the hiatus every week, it's a relief to finally get it over with.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
So was this Woody's real murderer?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yup, that's a stand.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I mean the end notes even refer to it as white snake, that's a Stand

Stands are basically the end point of shonen powers so that's okay

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TurkeyFried posted:

So was this Woody's real murderer?

The state of the victim definitely could mean that. I would be interested to see underneath his suit as to whether or not we have a similar pattern of holes in the body. If this is the same attack I think we can narrow down the suspects considerably. But the only piece of information I missing is who I haven't seen standing in the room these last two chapters.

Whoever is using silent majority has to be in the room because they were observing Yurikov. Bill is in the other room and is unlikely to be that person. But the one surviving maid would not only be your most likely candidate, but the narrator this chapter also knew the name of the targeted maid and I can easily see the handmaidens being familiar with each other prior to the events of this boat trip.

But I'm also missing a motive here. Before when Woody and the rest of the Guards were being picked off we understood that it was because those Guardss were specifically working under other queens. So it would be unlikely that this maid is targeting Prince wobbles, because she would have had plenty of opportunities to kill her. If she's doing this to protect the prince, then it's fitting that in the previous chapter whoever is narrating seems very capable of reading people intentions just by looking at them. Because that would explain how she knew at-a-glance which guards were for of the prince and which guards were against her.

It's a shame right when we start to get into the meat of the series we get slapped with a Hiatus. Because now I'm really interested in this mystery.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kurapika developed a Stand just for this arc.

Also, called it re: Oito being able to use Nen not meaning she'd be good at it and that we'd probably see her being trained in it. Still an amusing reveal after last chapter though.

Anyway, huh. It's weird that this doll thing is a blood-drainer after what we saw earlier done by what we assumed was Woble's Nen beast. Is it just a coincidence, or is this what actually killed the guards? If so, why? Who are its other nine targets here?

Edit: Oh hey, someone else posted on the same subject while I was writing on my phone.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 1, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think the stand user necessarily has to be in the room with them. the way it was described, it seemed like the user chooses a host who can see the stand, but the user can also use the stand's senses. that implies it is used remotely, with the host being sort of a relay and possibly also an aura battery.

however, if that were true then kurapika wouldn't actually be able to find the assassin. this might be the "kurapika sucks and the world hates him" arc, but giving him an unsolvable problem on top of everything else would be a bit much.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dagnabbit. I knew it. I knew Hiatus was going to strike again. Told myself I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but dagnabbit, I wanna see what's next!

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Since Togashi actually mentions he's coming back this year, I'm guessing it's to focus on the manga he's collaborating on: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/19-1/hunter-x-hunter-author-teams-up-with-rookie-on-short-manga

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aw gently caress, it's a test case for togashi writing and someone else doing the art. i'm completely loving hyped about this!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

aw gently caress, it's a test case for togashi writing and someone else doing the art. i'm completely loving hyped about this!

If only that could happen for hunter now. Still something he is writing but letting someone else do the art on should be awesome.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
the other guards could've been killed simply because the "stand" nen having harsh restrictions. Seems like you need to murder for the nen to work without backlash. Killing x amount of people could prolong the activation time.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Somehow, even though we know he's an assassin/spy sent by the first prince, I suspect Bhavimaina's gonna end up being a decent guy by HxH standards.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Somehow, even though we know he's an assassin/spy sent by the first prince, I suspect Bhavimaina's gonna end up being a decent guy by HxH standards.

The first prince seems decent enough too.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

1st prince's army is not made entirely of chumps
it's going to be like the bomb devil squad where they're given some character even though they are opposed to our heroes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you people are talking about a new chapter but nobody posted it shame on you

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Stairmaster posted:

you people are talking about a new chapter but nobody posted it shame on you

what the gently caress?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it probably took more time and effort to make that post than it would have to track down the chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kild posted:

The first prince seems decent enough too.

Other then the fact he has a incredibly violent temper and intends to murder all of his siblings.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here's the chapter anyway however. http://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/370/4533/1

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Other then the fact he has a incredibly violent temper and intends to murder all of his siblings.

They're all gonna murder each other. You just have to do it first.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

benjamin is smart and can probably grow into becoming a strong king

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So I just started reading some of this and.... WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THE MURDER?! I thought this was a kid's manga and there's a severed head every other page. It is so tonally dissonant to me that I now suspect that the Japanese are in fact some sort weird bug monsters that only look like normal humans. What the hell.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Keep reading, it gets happier and friendlier. Real warm and cozy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

So I just started reading some of this and.... WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THE MURDER?! I thought this was a kid's manga and there's a severed head every other page. It is so tonally dissonant to me that I now suspect that the Japanese are in fact some sort weird bug monsters that only look like normal humans. What the hell.

are you starting from the beginning?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

7c Nickel posted:

The last 20 years or so has had a pretty noticeable shift in a lot of mainstream shonen battle manga to not killing as many people. I don't know if there are earlier high profile examples but as far as I'm aware One Piece seems to be the biggest influence. HxH was started around the same time and Togashi paints a pretty morally gray world. Hunter's Licenses can more or less function as a license to kill if you so desired and there are absolutely people who do so.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

7c Nickel posted:

:allears:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

So I just started reading some of this and.... WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THE MURDER?!

If the current one wasn't perfect this would be a good thread title.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

7c Nickel posted:

bug monsters you say

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

bug monsters you say

:allears:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ah... that was actually.... prune juice. I'm sorry, but this is "the terror of humans". Farewell

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

7c Nickel posted:

This was made for you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hisoka looks extremely weird with a caucasian skin tone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I honestly thought Illumi was Loki for a second.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chrollo needs to literally be white not caucausian, they're all ghostly looking fuckers which is why it's so strange

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nah, Chrollo can pass as a normal person when he covers his weird head mark. An actual human skin colour on him works fine, Hisoka is is the one who should have white skin, for obvious clowny reasons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

schwing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Can Hisoka turn his Bungee Gum into a balloon?