Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Who's the guy in the pink shirt who looks like a high school kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is so much worse to me than Spicer was. She just oozes loathing and contempt for everyone who asks her a question she doesn't want to answer.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

evilweasel posted:

we suspected

that trump's lawyers had to write "Why My Client's Firing Of James Comey And Subsequent Admission It Was To Interfere With The Investigation Was Not A Criminal Act" memos means that it's more than just mueller wondering if that might constitute obstruction

:allears:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Asnorban posted:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is so much worse to me than Spicer was. She just oozes loathing and contempt for everyone who asks her a question she doesn't want to answer.

Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Franks Happy Place posted:

Every piece of currency should be 50/50 going forward- the original white dude, plus a POC from the same era.

Half of Lincolns becomes Douglasses, etc.

We do similar split runs in Canada, nobody cares, it highlights new people in a low key way that only babies care about.

we got lots of babies in the united day care of america

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

If we're still doing dollar chat, I would put Octavia Butler on a bill.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Assange?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

RiggenBlaque posted:

Haha Trump was forced to say he'll give $1 million to the hurricane relief. Money they'll never see, if his past history is any indication.

That's why he needs those hat sales, man!

https://twitter.com/NY_Wiseass/status/902616252476256256
https://twitter.com/NY_Wiseass/status/902621632954552320
https://twitter.com/NY_Wiseass/status/902622026149584896

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 31, 2017

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Franks Happy Place posted:

Every piece of currency should be 50/50 going forward- the original white dude, plus a POC from the same era.

Half of Lincolns becomes Douglasses, etc.
I'm on board if John Brown goes on the $10

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

evilweasel posted:

we suspected

that trump's lawyers had to write "Why My Client's Firing Of James Comey And Subsequent Admission It Was To Interfere With The Investigation Was Not A Criminal Act" memos means that it's more than just mueller wondering if that might constitute obstruction

We got "high pressure and containment breach leading to rapid combustion, a fire ball, and toxic plume was not an explosion" from an Arkema chemical plant in the Texas flood today. This is what they do. Always.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

evilweasel posted:

he is cooperating with new york's attorney general who is also investigating manafort for state crimes, and trump can't pardon state offenses

manafort could have gone "lol i'll never do time trump will just pardon me, go bother someone else" and now mueller can bring in New York's ag who will explain exactly what's going down if manafort doesn't cooperate and that trump can't interfere

What happens if Trump tries to issue a state level pardon because he's the big boy president btw?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lightning Lord posted:

What happens if Trump tries to issue a state level pardon because he's the big boy president btw?

it has as much legal effect as if i issue one

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Lightning Lord posted:

He looks very stupid and everyone proceeds on.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

We got "high pressure and containment breach leading to rapid combustion, a fire ball, and toxic plume was not an explosion" from an Arkema chemical plant in the Texas flood today. This is what they do. Always.
But they wouldn't bother doing it unless the investigation was looking into obstruction charges. I mean, they obviously were, but this is the first real confirmation.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Lightning Lord posted:

The judge ignores it and carries on with the trial.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lightning Lord posted:

Manafort is ascends to MAGAhalla, and all the nebbish state Democrats tear their hair out in impotent fury.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Lightning Lord posted:

The entire state of New York gets to laugh in his face

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lightning Lord posted:

Far more likely that he clumsily tries to threaten Cuomo into issuing a pardon.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lightning Lord posted:

Republicans chant "no states' rights!"

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Lord posted:

Everyone except Donald gets a good long laugh and he gets the legal equivalent of "With all due respect, gently caress off".

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

I love that Beyonce is giving 7x more than the President.

Let's be real though, Beyonce is AT LEAST 7x times richer than Trump in real cash money, not "my net worth fluctuates with how I feel" Trumpdollars (redeemable for Trump Steaks at your local Sharper Image)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/903348312421670912

Interesting fact, this tweet has 5000 likes, but the posted link to the Twitter story only has 50. Now I'm not saying bots, but a bot probably wouldn't be able to like a story like that due to a different format.

Wait, I'm saying bots.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
It's not the same as a split run, but I remember reading that the Obama Treasury was trying to add PoC to the $5. I seem to remember, particularly, that the Lincoln Memorial image would be replaced with images of Martin Luther King and Marion Anderson at their respective Memorial moments.

E: under Trump I'm sure they'll replace it with that picture of Trump giving a thumbs-up to the Lincoln statue.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Lightning Lord posted:

If we're still doing dollar chat, I would put Octavia Butler on a bill.

It's a big country.
Why not do it like Europe did it with the Euro and just have states submit their own teams of notable people and/or landmarks/works of art. The American roster must be big enough for several dozen sets of currency. Might as well have a whole bunch that just differs slightly on the heads side.
People went nuts over it in the early Euro years, turning around and looking at each coin because they wanted a complete collection.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lightning Lord posted:

A replay of that time Trump tried to hand Merkel a bill for Germany's NATO commitment.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

botany posted:

that seems like a really weird thing to say. i assume you're talking about the greyback, the US confederate dollar, which was a fiat currency of sorts (actually a loving weird money-esque IOU type critter) and experienced massive inflation during the civil war. but inflation happened because the north was winning, not the other way around. at least that's how i understand it, if you disagree i'd like to hear it.

I'm talking about the greenback, the first US currency not backed by gold or silver. Created in 1861 to finance the union war effort.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenback_(1860s_money)

Libertarians hate fiat currency because it was first adopted in the US to crush the confederacy.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Zwiebel posted:

It's a big country.
Why not do it like Europe did it with the Euro and just have states submit their own teams of notable people and/or landmarks/works of art. The American roster must be big enough for several dozen sets of currency. Might as well have a whole bunch that just differs slightly on the heads side.
People went nuts over it in the early Euro years, turning around and looking at each coin because they wanted a complete collection.

Cue half the submissions being the Confederate flag or Robert E Lee.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
^yes

Zwiebel posted:

It's a big country.

I'm 99% sure this is how we end up with Jackson, Lee, and Davis glowering from greenbacks all over the deep south for maximum historical irony.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Queen Bey is also from Houston and Trump holds contempt for all of mankind, so...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

AceOfFlames posted:

I'd go with Nathan Bedford Forest: the inspiration behind the titular characters name in the Tom Hanks classic, 'Forest Gump'.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

evilweasel posted:

it has as much legal effect as if i issue one

IT SAYS FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL DID I STUTTER

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Good refresher thread on all the ways Trump torpedoed his own defense.

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/903344010516992001

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Zwiebel posted:

It's a big country.

Yeah, multiple of each is the right way to go. Maybe even theme the denominations. Scientists on one, civil rights figures on another, etc.

Not state-submitted though, for :heritage: reasons.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

evilweasel posted:

he is cooperating with new york's attorney general who is also investigating manafort for state crimes, and trump can't pardon state offenses

manafort could have gone "lol i'll never do time trump will just pardon me, go bother someone else" and now mueller can bring in New York's ag who will explain exactly what's going down if manafort doesn't cooperate and that trump can't interfere

Pro-tip: If you have the choice you would much rather serve hard time in a Federal facility than a state run one. While Federal prisons are no panacea they have long been where all the crooked lawyers and mobsters wind up and as a result of decades of lawsuits Federal prisons are at least run to the letter of the law. State prisons.......not so much.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

AceOfFlames posted:

Those aren't part of the U.S.American roster on behalf of being Confederate though.
Geez, look at these southerners not reading the rules.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Zwiebel posted:

It's a big country.

That's literally what we're doing with quarters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_the_Beautiful_Quarters

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Prester Jane posted:

State prisons.......not so much.

Heck, state prisons aren't even required to keep you alive, its just that headcount = money. Capitalism in action!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Phoix posted:

Good refresher thread on all the ways Trump torpedoed his own defense.

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/903344010516992001

can anyone post the article, i don't have a wsj subscription

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Lightning Lord posted:

The human race dies out from forgetting to breathe because they're laughing too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I still think it makes sense for them to be "we had a chemical plant explosion but not a chemical plant EXPLOSION" with west texas fertilizer so recent. Like yeah, technically it was an explosion too but like 4 years ago they a chemical plant go up in one of the largest non nuclear blasts in all of human history that made a 2.5 magnitude earthquake and a mushroom cloud and I get why they want to be clear this isn't that.

• Locked thread