Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
See that Triangle Nav button.

I'm willing to bet it's going to teleport you around if you don't want to actually walk places.

That's how Splatoon works anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's cute that they put a huge Iverson statue in since he was the first cover player and all. Like, I know it's totally a Malibu Stacy Has A New Hat thing but I am dumb enough to like that poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dexo posted:

See that Triangle Nav button.

I'm willing to bet it's going to teleport you around if you don't want to actually walk places.

That's how Splatoon works anyway.

this is almost certainly a thing but please don't compare it to splatoon because if you do I'm just gonna be sad when my guy doesn't melt into an ink puddle and shoot through the air to hit the gym

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/903346681231548416

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

hopterque posted:

Can't wait to spend 5000 vc on buying a bike to effectively decrease load times (travel time) instead of upgrading my character!

was thinking the same thing, except it's gonna be 500k VC probably.

Also man they rolled things back from 2k17 and split stats down like it was with 2k16. Gonna be super pumped to increase my character's "vertical" stat by two points!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Badge grind is still gonna be a huge pain I'm sure but at least it's a pain that's gonna be easier to keep tabs on

https://twitter.com/DatBoyDimez/status/903346413593133057

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol there's the GATORADE CHARGING STATION in the gym and the RUFFLES RIDGE blacktop with a special 4 point line rule. I hope 2k19's big 100 dollar version is just called the #brands edition.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I feel like instead of turning the menus into stupid pointless walking around poo poo they should have ironed out things that matter like making the lining up for events and stuff way better. Watching this guy try and get on a spot for some event and its just as weird and laggy/buggy as it always has been.

I'd really like to know if the story/interactivity of the career is interesting/better, or whether it's the same sort of vague pointless cutscene every few games that doesn't mean anything.

Like I'm totally making GBS threads on the game right now but it's because I have zero doubt that the gameplay part of the game will be incredibly solid, so this other stuff really makes or breaks the game for me.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

I feel like instead of turning the menus into stupid pointless walking around poo poo they should have ironed out things that matter like making the lining up for events and stuff way better. Watching this guy try and get on a spot for some event and its just as weird and laggy/buggy as it always has been.

I'd really like to know if the story/interactivity of the career is interesting/better, or whether it's the same sort of vague pointless cutscene every few games that doesn't mean anything.

Like I'm totally making GBS threads on the game right now but it's because I have zero doubt that the gameplay part of the game will be incredibly solid, so this other stuff really makes or breaks the game for me.

Hey man good news, you won't just be paying 5k VC for a bike, you'll also be waiting until level 90 to unlock the ability to buy it!

(I"m sure there's gonna be plenty of bikes and poo poo to buy before then but I find that upgrade scale funny)

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well drat. Very surprised that the only difference between switch and PS4 is frame rate (and I'm sure resolution). I spend the vast majority of my time in 2k in offline modes so the wifi won't be an issue either. Guess I'm getting this on switch.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
How the hell do they have audio and video issues at every single live broadcast, events like this or their normal weekly stuff.

Like drat it's not that hard to figure out.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Negativity about the 2k servers' ability to handle it given that last year's park after dark was a complete disaster, being able to advance your player online is exactly what I wanted.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

DAY 1 BITCH IM BALLIN IN BED

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 31, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Godbless 2k putting everything on the superior system the Nintendo Switch

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Excited for this. The FPS issue doesn't really bother me since I mainly play myLeague mode these days. Glad it has all modes. Wish it launched on cartridge and not just digitally initially so I wouldn't have to get extra storage for my switch.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spacebump posted:

Excited for this. The FPS issue doesn't really bother me since I mainly play myLeague mode these days. Glad it has all modes. Wish it launched on cartridge and not just digitally initially so I wouldn't have to get extra storage for my switch.

oh poo poo haven't thought of that have they said the size?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Wait what there's no physical copy

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Metapod posted:

Wait what there's no physical copy

There is but they're doing a staggered release and there's no announced release date yet for the physical versions of the game, only "Fall 2017." Supposedly it's because it's a cartridge that's more expensive/difficult to produce or because they don't have faith in it selling well on the Switch.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Switch carts are expensive to make apparently, and 2k doesn't know if there's a Hoops Thirst on the Switch when so much of their community already exists on PS4/Xbone so they're seeing how digital sales work. I'm down but I'd really rather not buy an extra storage just for this...

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Have they said what size the switch version will be?

Also: is the switch version unlocking on the 15th too?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zelah posted:

Have they said what size the switch version will be?

Also: is the switch version unlocking on the 15th too?

don't think so for size but considering how horribly bloated they are on poo poo like PS4 I can't imagine the Switch can handle it natively.

It's coming out the 15th with everything else though, yea.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

2K, please...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

2K, please...

That would be the best use of amiibo support.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
in the first round of the NBA draft, the Lakers select...Mario Mario!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Goddamn this might actually make me get a switch.

30 fps though... :reject:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The Ruffles 4 pt line lol.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Bringing in a sponsored 4-point line and NOT having a Rock and Jock mode? You lost this round, 2K. :mad:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The fact that it's an actual place called "The Ruffles Ridge" is the most embarrassing thing. At least Gatorade is a sports thing.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Ay yo dog take a seat and let me tell you what's new in 2k. Actually let me grab you a Riptide Rush Gatorade first, you're looking thirsty. Remember how you could edit your player in a menu before? gently caress all that noise now you can walk around this beautiful virtual town and drag out the process. Better yet, if you have the VC you can bike past the haters on your Schwinn. Don't get it twisted we packed a lot into this place, get the latest Nikes at Footlocker or show off your shooting skills at Ruffles Ridge. Sick right? Anyways stay hungry to get to the top figuratively and literally because Reeses Puffs is lacing out our players with Myteam loot for buying a box.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't wait to dunk on fools in the Arby's Meat Mountain blacktop

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

As if the servers are going to make any of that possible

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't believe I got disconnected from Meat Mountain

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

2K, please...

i would actually buy an amiibo

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

My guess is just Nintendo themed shirts or jerseys....which still might be enough for me to buy an amiibo.

The 2k store site says a microsd card is required, still don't see a size listed anywhere. Lack of 4K assets should mean a 64gb card should be fine, right?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

i would actually buy an amiibo

A pro tip is to buy the smash bros trainer GameStop sells that can also spoof amiibos.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Saw this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/The_Katbot/status/903351708625117189

If this is true and god drat do I hope it is why the gently caress is there no info about it yet, it's one of the most requested changes to mycareer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

Saw this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/The_Katbot/status/903351708625117189

If this is true and god drat do I hope it is why the gently caress is there no info about it yet, it's one of the most requested changes to mycareer.

Yea I'll believe that when I see it, I'm pretty hype for what I saw but if this is true and wasn't a major part of the my player reveal these guys are dumb as poo poo. Basketball Town rules but I think literally everyone wants to see the grind/VC buying funnel lessened.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For 2k14 through 16 I ended up grinding on the mobile app to collect extra VC. Then with 17 I just bought it, shamefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Just doing the daily mobile app thing gave me enough vc that I mostly didn't care. I didn't want my mycareer guy to get too good too fast, and myTeam just worked better using it's own currency. I didn't play online though.

• Locked thread