Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Yeah, a good looking dude will get away with more than an ugly dude, especially in relationships. That's just life, and it really is sort of unfair, but the answer isn't to make yourself less appealing by filling yourself up with this poisonous hate for everyone that isn't you. There are plenty of ugly dudes out there who do pretty well for themselves because they're legitimately nice, interesting, and engaging; there are also plenty of good looking guys who aren't those things and can't get into a good relationship because they're loving boring. Looking like Henry Cavill can only get you so far if you have the charisma of a wet newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Case in point, Elliot Rodgers was perfectly normal looking, maybe even handsom to some tastes. But people can tell just from your posture and body language that you're carrying around a massive chip on your shoulder, that poo poo deforms you.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Even their subreddit is trying to help them and they won't have it:

http://imgur.com/a/olA4z

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Baronjutter posted:

Case in point, Elliot Rodgers was perfectly normal looking, maybe even handsom to some tastes. But people can tell just from your posture and body language that you're carrying around a massive chip on your shoulder, that poo poo deforms you.

Elliot's problem was more having a tiny dick, apparently.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cucked by Mother Nature with the Chad Father Time

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Even their subreddit is trying to help them and they won't have it:

http://imgur.com/a/olA4z

ads are targeted at users, not subs, nice self own :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bitmap posted:

this thread did me like the OSHA one. Starts out all easy chuckles at photos of chinese construction workers somehow balancing an air conditioning unit on their back fifty stories up without a harness and somewhere down the thread you're sitting there at the computer feeling sad, sick and uneasy because you've just watched four loving snuff films in a row.

Yeah.......

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

sincx posted:

I thought it was because his mother didn't marry a billionaire and he didn't win Powerball.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

maskenfreiheit posted:

ads are targeted at users, not subs, nice self own :)

I mean, never said it was wrong about me vOv (I'm also at work and not logged in google or reddit)

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 31, 2017

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

sincx posted:

People who were interviewed about Elliot said that when he came to party, he would usually just stand in corner and glare at people, never talking to anyone.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

throw to first drat IT posted:

People who were interviewed about Elliot said that when he came to party, he would usually just stand in corner and glare at people, never talking to anyone.

How could women resist!?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

if you read his manifesto he tried to shove some people off a balcony at a house party he crashed, and got his rear end kicked. he claims that this was the "final straw: and prompted his rampage.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

I thought it was because his mother didn't marry a billionaire and he didn't win Powerball.

Man if I was him and had a multi-millionaire Hollywood director dad I would have cleaned up. And he was neither fat nor ugly, and not that short. He was probably in a better situation with regards to dating than 95% of guys in the country. What a wasted opportunity.

edit: The gene pool really is self-cleaning.

sincx fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 31, 2017

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
This is yet another reason why I believe "How to Party" should be part of the standard education curriculum.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

bitmap posted:

this thread did me like the OSHA one. Starts out all easy chuckles at photos of chinese construction workers somehow balancing an air conditioning unit on their back fifty stories up without a harness and somewhere down the thread you're sitting there at the computer feeling sad, sick and uneasy because you've just watched four loving snuff films in a row.

you can't just casually mention snuff vids w/o a link dude.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

dudeness posted:

This is yet another reason why I believe "How to Party" should be part of the standard education curriculum.

How to party AND ENJOY IT should be part of standard technical education.

iloin siitin
Jul 23, 2017

Man Of Mystery And Intrigue

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I have a feeling that the current trend of abstinence-only education in the US is definitely helping this movement along. Like, check out this ridiculous poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMz7-kAV_9M

Getting told, in loving school, that every time you have sex you* devalue yourself**, can help really help foster some of these toxic attitudes.

I still think we should find a way to marge this subreddit with a pro-ana one. That's pretty much the female equivalent of the toxic self-reinforcing internet crab-bucket, and the fireworks would be fascinating.

*women
**themselves

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

dude, everyone knows that life is harder for people who are less traditionally attractive. that's not a revelation. yes, sometimes really hot folks can get away with behaviors that would be called creepy when done by an ugly person. everybody loving knows that. but these guys are nowhere near a level of ugliness that would truly doom them. it is all in their heads, and their hatred and insecurity and general hosed-up-ness is showing in their body language and the vocabulary they choose, even when they think they are hiding it and passing for a normie. it's not hard to tell when someone is filled with hate and disdain if they are near you, it is super obvious.

Really? What are some of the tells?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Benny Harvey posted:

Eye contact, whether their body is pointed towards you or away, arm position, how tightly their hands squeeze your neck as they slowly choke the life from your body, whether she fixes her hair, touches your arm, or laughs at your jokes. That sort of thing.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Benny Harvey posted:

are you saying you can't tell this about someone, or are you asking how to not display this yourself?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

As a depressed person this pisses me off. gently caress you, assholes, if you think I should be dead come and kill me yourselves! Cowards!

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

PetraCore posted:

As a depressed person this pisses me off. gently caress you, assholes, if you think I should be dead come and kill me yourselves! Cowards!

They don't have the upper body strength or conviction to kill an ant

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

PetraCore posted:

I would but I find it hard to get motivated and no longer find pleasure in the things I once enjoyed.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

green chicken feet posted:

In the 3rd childbirth related panel, all that is shown is the baby is mixed-race. Once again we see the overlap between misogyny and racism since the mixed-race baby is portrayed in context as if it were a disappointment to the doctor delivering it.

Or maybe doc's just perplexed as to why a newborn baby already has a full head of hair. That kid's fresh out of the womb and it's already rocking a full-on Frederick Douglass fro.

edited for gender flexibility

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 31, 2017

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

quote:

Holy fuckin poo poo... just noticed that. My heart is racing. It's loving over. Everything was a lie. Everything 99 percent of men have ever learned about females was a drat lie. I'll never forget this day. Finally the truth about how evil and shallow and degenerate and hypocritical every female on earth is has now been shown.

What's the name of that law that says after a certain point there's no way to distinguish between insanity and satire?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Domestic Amuse posted:

Or maybe doc's just perplexed as to why a newborn baby already has a full head of hair. That kid's fresh out of the womb and he's already rocking a full-on Frederick Douglass fro.

Oh god! The baby's a Renesme!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

sincx posted:

What's the name of that law that says after a certain point there's no way to distinguish between insanity and satire?

Poe's law.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Well to be fair who would go on national TV and go "oh yeah that spree killer was a totally dece guy"

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

That's right. He expected women to come to him, not the other way around.

In one part of the manifesto he talks about how he walked behind two women he found really beautiful. They were walking down the street for about 10 minutes. During this whole time Elliot is walking along a little behind them, getting progressively more enraged they aren't noticing to him or speaking to him and reaching the usual insane conclusions. Even though he never tried to talk to them and they couldn't physically see him!

As far as I can remember there's no point in his life story where he actually speaks to a woman other than his own mother.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The worst part about all this is that everybody assumes you're an awful person

gently caress you, I'm not. I've never hurt anyone, never bullied anyone, never been in a fight, try to help however I can and try not to bother people.

It's horrible how you need a woman's attention to even be considered a decent perdon. A young guy walking by himself at night is suspicious, the exact same guy with his gf is a couple having fun.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
To be fair single men ARE seen as suspicious after a certain age, especially around children.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

One of the more terrible things about incels is they way they are so close to realising what is wrong about the way they act and think, but they resist and actively fight against any sort of change or positive action.

They know they are depressed, but they wont seek help because "that normie psychologist will just tell me that I need to change and feel better about myself"
They know women prefer men who shower regularly and have muscles, (as an example), but they won't wash or excercise because "well I'm ugly anyway so it won't make any difference"
etc.

It is really sad, because if these kids can grow out of their adolescent "boohoo girls don't like me therefore I am worthless" phase, and/or get help for their problems, I am certain they could be happy and decent members of the world. But they don't seem to want to, or be able to.

I would imagine it would be heartbreaking to be a friend, or more likely a parent of one of these kids and have to watch them descend into the mire of ssadness, self-hate, and woman-hate that is incel-osity, knowing that they will resist every attempt to help them.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's not Chad taking all the women.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

are you saying you can't tell this about someone, or are you asking how to not display this yourself?

The first one and also to make sure I'm not giving off wrong signals whenever I don't actually hate someone.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
That is the chad of dogs, it is a good dog.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

No, this is the Chad of dogs. That dog is too good of a boy to steal your girl.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

BrigadierSensible posted:

They know they are depressed, but they wont seek help because "that normie psychologist will just tell me that I need to change and feel better about myself"

They won't, as that doesn't work. They will give you drugs. That's kinda disturbing to some people, incel and otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Be careful getting close to the poop, but this was actually pretty funny:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/6skzz7/rincels_drops_the_ultimate_blackpill_and_its/

• Locked thread