Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

teagone posted:

I ran through Menat's challenges just now and felt like a lot of her combos don't seem to do any significant amount of damage,

In SFV???????????? No way!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

^^^ Yeah, yeah, yeah... haha.

Keegers posted:

I feel like she has good buttons so you do less damage in return for a mid range keep out game.

That makes sense. I like her st.mp, st.hp, and st.hk buttons. I probably won't pick her up though; all the variations in her moveset overwhelm me lmao. VesperArcade was saying her combo potential is pretty high on his stream, but also predicts almost everyone will drop her in a week because his initial impression is she's too technical to be effective with. Looking forward to what high level players can do with her.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

She has a triple jump in combo with v-trigger, her normals don't hit as hard but her damage seems fine.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

dangerdoom volvo posted:

just when you thought summer horniness was over

more like, me nut

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So as expected, she does gently caress-all damage. But unlike Juri, who's just miserable in every way, Menat's actually fun to play. Completely worthless in execution since she either plays keepaway or you have to learn 80-hit Orb combos that you'll never ever actually be able to pull off in the lagfest that is online, but at least her animations are nice.

Boxes are completely loving dumb, though. Go into training, tell Ryu to jump over you, and see how far back you can anti-air him with Menat's standing HK.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 30, 2017

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

CAPCPOM PRESENTS

https://twitter.com/joffocakes/status/902695153718190080

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Saint Freak posted:

I thought Rose's apprentices were named Joseph and Caesar?

Dias posted:

This is from the SBR timeline, Caesar is a fascist anyway and I'm glad he's dead.

https://twitter.com/nom1207/status/902014968928714752

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Menat can Do Some poo poo with her orbs, definitely, someone is gonna main her and run over some fools, but she's not gonna be a popular character AT ALL. She's an anime-rear end character in a Balrog meta.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This is the first time in like a year I actually wanted to look up some SFV on twitch to see what people are doing with Menat.

Twitch has been down all afternoon.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

FanaticalMilk posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find a recent answer online.

I'm getting the 2200f error after alt-tabbing during the in-game download of the update. After going back to the game the download just sat at 7%. Now every time I go back in the game download sits at 0% for a while and then I get the 2200f error.

Looking online I don't see any reliable solution to the problem other than eventually it just worked.

Welp, like I read this problem just worked itself out. I booted the game up today and it installed just fine. Thanks Capcom!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Saint Freak posted:

This is the first time in like a year I actually wanted to look up some SFV on twitch to see what people are doing with Menat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnI93j8Dk7U

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://my.mixtape.moe/bwtogn.webm

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 31, 2017

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

I watched Justin stream a bit, he played Flash's Guile and it looked horrible for Guile. Her projectile reflect builds meter and VT and recovers quickly, Guile can't do poo poo except by trying to rush her down.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Swear to god if I see any more combo videos that start with v-trigger activated and a deep jump-in.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Menat is cool as hell.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Double Bill posted:

I watched Justin stream a bit, he played Flash's Guile and it looked horrible for Guile. Her projectile reflect builds meter and VT and recovers quickly, Guile can't do poo poo except by trying to rush her down.

That's Justin being Justin. Her reflect is slow, doesn't build meter if you have the orb and eats the projectile instead of reflecting it with the orb out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
They got me to reinstall to grab the 30k fm

How much are characters again?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
one hundred thousand fight monies

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Most people are definitely going to drop her, getting anything resembling decent damage is hard work. It just feels like she's playing the same game as everyone else except she has to work 4x as hard to get the same result. There will probably 1 or 2 ardest people who will main her and pop up to do some v-trigger memes.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Most people are definitely going to drop her, getting anything resembling decent damage is hard work. It just feels like she's playing the same game as everyone else except she has to work 4x as hard to get the same result. There will probably 1 or 2 ardest people who will main her and pop up to do some v-trigger memes.

This is p much sf5 in a nutshell. Play a char with easy combos or play a chatacter with elaborate combos that do the same damage

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like her AA game is gonna kill her. For a zoner-type character, her options are kinda unreliable.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Menat is cool and she's fun to play, so she feels like she's in the wrong game. Like fang, no win with her will feel unearned.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I like playing Juri so I guess I'll like her too 😃

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

We Know Catheters posted:

I like playing Juri so I guess I'll like her too 😃

She's more Juri than Juri so probably.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Dias posted:

I feel like her AA game is gonna kill her. For a zoner-type character, her options are kinda unreliable.

Maybe it all goes to poo poo orb-less, but cr. hp, cr. hk and cr. vskill are all very good, if slow, anti airs with the orb. Her dp feels like it takes ages to go active but lp is workable. You can even get out of crossups with slide.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Arzachel posted:

Maybe it all goes to poo poo orb-less, but cr. hp, cr. hk and cr. vskill are all very good, if slow, anti airs with the orb. Her dp feels like it takes ages to go active but lp is workable. You can even get out of crossups with slide.

Yep, my issue is that they're TOO slow. From range they're good, but from "online jumpy Ken" range nothing feels very reliable. It's like Chun b+HK, it's a good button if you're in is range but you really wanna use st.LK most of the time. But hey, it's the first time in basically a year I've played SFV and I'm playing a weird character, maybe it's just me sucking.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno what the gently caress Zangief does to get in against Menat.

You can completely lock Gief players down just by randomly hitting st.HP, HK, and MP. Birdie can still get in, Abigail can get in super easily, but Gief's kinda hosed since he can't Green Hand his way through things anymore. Gief can inch his way forward if his reaction times are good and he's a Snake Eyez-level of patient, but then she can just Reversal behind you, miss a Soul Throw to escape, or even just jump and drill. Gief can lariat the drill, but unless he predicts the initial jump, she'll be on the other side before it connects and can just continue backing up.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=466145633768338&id=100011187166835

Worth posting.

tl;dr is that Capcom is working on a revamp of the V-mechanic. Everyone gets a second V-Reversal/V-Skill/V-Trigger/Critical Art, you have the option of creating your own v-system when selecting a character.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

just beat me

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ChibiSoma posted:

I dunno what the gently caress Zangief does to get in against Menat.

You can completely lock Gief players down just by randomly hitting st.HP, HK, and MP. Birdie can still get in, Abigail can get in super easily, but Gief's kinda hosed since he can't Green Hand his way through things anymore. Gief can inch his way forward if his reaction times are good and he's a Snake Eyez-level of patient, but then she can just Reversal behind you, miss a Soul Throw to escape, or even just jump and drill. Gief can lariat the drill, but unless he predicts the initial jump, she'll be on the other side before it connects and can just continue backing up.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Tatarian/status/903385467889917953

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember when multiple "sources" swore up and down that Capcom was going to release a Super version of V for free that made it a lot more fun to play and dramatically increased the roster size?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here's a personal opinion of mine, but I believe that Zangief's super is kind of badly animated because you never really see that he's doing three suplexes, you just get three impacts that look like the same one suplex rewound and replayed three times. They could have done a better job of that one, if you ask me.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
he's doing three suplexes??

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wait is gief doing 3 suplexes in his super? I thought it was just pushing the person deeper into the ground after the initial impact

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ipxpQYE6M&t=136s

never looked remotely like 3 and if it is then it's even worse than it is

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
He is only driving them into the ground

(@ 2:20 in the vid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ipxpQYE6M

EDIT: Beaten like Punk in Grand Finals.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

wait is gief doing 3 suplexes in his super? I thought it was just pushing the person deeper into the ground after the initial impact

This is the problem.

Best case scenario for Menat is probably 3S Ibuki: gotta work hard for okay damage but is fun to play. Not consistent or powerful enough for a real tournament presence.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Remember when multiple "sources" swore up and down that Capcom was going to release a Super version of V for free that made it a lot more fun to play and dramatically increased the roster size?

6 free classic characters were in that rumor. It was very uncapcom

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ipxpQYE6M&t=136s

never looked remotely like 3 and if it is then it's even worse than it is

Wow that's not even remotely how a suplex works. I think I was right to call out this stinker of a move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

In Training posted:

I mean, the rumors I saw was that this would be announced after Capcom Cup, so it might still be happening?