Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mordja posted:

I've got a co-worker who absolutely idolizes Elon Musk.

She's also thinks that all infrastructure should be privatized and that anyone who stands in the way of efficiency/automation shouldn't have any power.

Is she single

tell her to call me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Mordja posted:

She's also thinks that all infrastructure should be privatized and that anyone who stands in the way of efficiency/automation shouldn't have any power.

Does she ever talk about roads paved with solar panels?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

People who support private infrastructure should be burned alive

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

counterpoint: toll road speed limit was like 85

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gently caress toll roads

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I really just want a higher speed limit tbh. Get sick flips when you hit a pothole

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love when people tell me they think infrastructure should be privatized cuz it cuts right to the chase and lets me know i shouldn't ever listen to anything they say

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Privatizing things is p much never the answer and especially something that is basically required to live in america

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I especially like when they sell the roads to different countries who promptly jack up toll fees and never maintain it, also hundred year lease lol

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is she single

tell her to call me

What the gently caress? You support privatized infrastructure? Are you insane?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blue Train posted:

Who is dumber, those who brought into Hillary's pr, steve jobs, or elon musks

I think I hate Steve Jobs cultists the most, honestly. He wasn't even an inventor or all that good with technology. He was a sales and marketing guy, plain and simple. I hate marketing people. They get all the money to blow on whatever they want, but they are always without fail, the dumbest people in any given company. Steve Jobs is proof if this because he figured doing yoga and eating fruit would cure his cancer. He was also a deadbeat dad, a thief and a dick to his employees. Good riddance.

Plus Apple products are overpriced and mainly for stupid old people and even stupider hipsters.

Mordja posted:

I'm sorry you have to deal with Ayn Rand every day. I would quit.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You should get violent toqards privatization proponentd

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Was there anything that Jobs actually created that wasn't just something he took credit for that was done by someone else?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Blue Train posted:

I especially like when they sell the roads to different countries who promptly jack up toll fees and never maintain it, also hundred year lease lol

Didn't some moron city sell off parking lots or meters of all things?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm sorry you have to deal with Ayn Rand every day. I would quit.
It's contract, in a bank's offices, but in Canada so while I don't have any job security or dental at least I don't have to worry about healthcare and it's nice to finally make some $. :shrug: Though yeah, it's coming up to two years and I'm gonna try to find something else anyways.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

Didn't some moron city sell off parking lots or meters of all things?

Chicago IIRC

if some city did a dumbfuck thing it's usually Chicago

e: city also has to compensate the company for lost revenue when they block a meter doing street maintenance and poo poo lmao

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 31, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I'm really hoping Illinois goes 3 for 3 with Governors who are also thrown in jail at the end of their terms.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Why would anyone agree to that? It boggles my goddamn mind. There is no way the one-time payment would ever be worth it.

Also, why on Earth is the contract 521 pages? That seems inane.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

What the gently caress? You support privatized infrastructure? Are you insane?

No, but I like to stick it in crazy

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Way to open yourself up to the obvious response of "well who else would sleep with you".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

8-Bit Scholar posted:

WELL WHO ELSE WOULD SLEEP WITH YOU!!!

HA!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit* Well poo poo

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

WELL WHO ELSE WOULD SLEEP WITH YOU!!!

HA!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit* Well poo poo

Ayn Rand is pretty ugly, I wouldn't bang her. She's also dead, which is for the best.

However Lauren Southern is pretty physically attractive though even though her soul is black as tar.

Which begs the question, "would you gently caress a hot chick even if she was a Nazi?" To honest I'm not sure, man. You wind up in a conundrum where your brain says no, your heart says gently caress no, but your wang is doing a hitler salute and even though you're telling it to stop it just won't listen.

However on the bright side, you're not likely to wind up in that situation because your average nazi looks like they've been doing meth all their life, probably because they've been doing meth all their life.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I would gently caress her back to the side of light. It definitely wouldn't happen the other way and she absolutely wouldn't just refuse to sleep with me in the first place no sir.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

Why would anyone agree to that? It boggles my goddamn mind. There is no way the one-time payment would ever be worth it.

Also, why on Earth is the contract 521 pages? That seems inane.

Probably because some of that giant pile of money they dumped on the table slipped and landed in Daley's pocket. And in a briefcase coincidentally labeled "for the mayor." And in a wire titled "bribe money for the mayor to let us buy all the parking meters"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

I would gently caress her back to the side of light. It definitely wouldn't happen the other way and she absolutely wouldn't just refuse to sleep with me in the first place no sir.

Yeah but what if you catch her sexually transmitted evil? I'm sure it works like that

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah but what if you catch her sexually transmitted evil? I'm sure it works like that

Light is stronger than dark. I gotta wang full of spiritual penicillin.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Which begs the question, "would you gently caress a hot chick even if she was a Nazi?" To honest I'm not sure, man. You wind up in a conundrum where your brain says no, your heart says gently caress no, but your wang is doing a hitler salute and even though you're telling it to stop it just won't listen.

I think Seinfeld addressed this dilemma by saying you're in the clear as long as nobody mistakes you for a Nazi by association

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

if there is a piss tape then surely there is a "hillary is incredibly drunk and breaking things in anger" tape

I want to see both

Good friend of mine was a senate page for Strom Thurmond in the early '00s, the stories about Hilldawg's reaction when the senate floor candy desk ran out of her brand of peppermint were truly epic.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

I think Seinfeld addressed this dilemma by saying you're in the clear as long as nobody mistakes you for a Nazi by association

Jews loving nazis is a noble, brave and dangerous mission.

In fact it's really dangerous because once she notices I'm circumcised my cover is blown

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Having sex with a sexy Nazi arouses me. But I'm a person of color, and what really excites me is the loathing she'd have for me and herself as she's unable to resist my jaundice yellow bod.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gammatron 64 posted:

Jews loving nazis is a noble, brave and dangerous mission.

In fact it's really dangerous because once she notices I'm circumcised my cover is blown

It's incredibly common in the US regardless of Jewishness. The perfect Nazi-loving territory.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I only know three political truths.

#1. Hillary Clinton is evil.

#2. Bernie would have won.

#3. Communism == GOOD.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
“For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

Edit: She lost ~1.5m Obama-voters across the Rust Belt, losing the election by ~0.07m.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Blue Train posted:

loving Ontario

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Accretionist posted:

“For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

Edit: She lost ~1.5m Obama-voters across the Rust Belt, losing the election by ~0.07m.

The Democrats make sense when you realise they really, desperately want to be Republicans.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

The Democrats make sense when you realise they really, desperately want to be Republicans.

Who wouldn't want to be a rich white man?

:shrug:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Was there anything that Jobs actually created that wasn't just something he took credit for that was done by someone else?

I think the stairs in their stores are based on his doodle.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
They want progressive votes but oligarchic funding.

They're still pushing the same poo poo Hillary was pushing, too:
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/902973802207862784

quote:

This is the democrats. hehe. That's kinda who they are. They're very disorganized. The Democrats are not, they're not good at the sort of go for the jugular, hard nosed politics as they use to be. Back when the democrats use to be more of an ethnic party. Ethnic white. Ethnic black. Ethnic party generally.

Now they're a party looking for consensus. And they look for it so desperately that they never really come up with a coherent framework for themselves.

Because democrats...they understand, that deep down, they're the party of black and brown people. Of gay people. Of marginalized people.

They still long to be the party of the Pabst Blue Ribbon voter. The kind of Coors Light drinking voter.

[host: couldn't they be both? why can't they be both?]

Because those voters are republicans. They just are.

[host: you can say that definitively? across the board?]

Yeah! That vote has migrated from being a democratic party vote to a republican party vote and has done so for the last 40 years. Democrats just can't accept it.

So they don't understand that the voters they long to have back. The voters who, these sort of Archie Bunker voter, who was a democrat in the 70s is now a republican. So they can long for them all they want but they're not going to convince someone by saying "we'll give you free college". That's not why they're voting.

They're voting for, let me put it this way, people say "why do people vote against their economic interest? why do they vote values?" Democrats vote against their economic interest. If you live in New York, if you make New York salary, you're voting against your economic interest whenever you vote for Democrats. They'll raise your taxes. You vote your values. So why don't you think the people on the other side do the same? They're not voting economics. They're voting because the republican party represents their values. They don't care about the economics.

So democrats keep trying to use economics lures to pull them back in but that's not why they're voting that way.

tl;dr: "Economics is for racists"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Accretionist posted:

They want progressive votes but oligarchic funding.

They're still pushing the same poo poo Hillary was pushing, too:
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/902973802207862784

tl;dr: "Economics is for racists"

gently caress that lady, gently caress post-stewart TDS, and gently caress that retarded hackneyed justification.

Bernie was literally about to deliver the democrats that alienated working class, or at least the left leaning part of it.

Now they're pretending it can't be done because it affects their bottom line.

God dammit i hate democrats way more than republicans right now, and lots of republicans would prefer to drag me in chains behind a truck for some of my sexual preferences, and somehow the democrats are still worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Accretionist posted:

uh you're stupid. she only lost 1.42m obama voters in the rust belt, while comey and russia lost her the crucial 0.08m voters that would have flipped the race. this was entirely determined by external interference.

• Locked thread